Megan Joy Events Reviews

16 Reviews for Megan Joy Events

• Abigail

Abigail Santos · Married on 11/07/2020

Incredible Experience Working with Megan

Megan stuck by us through thick and thin, especially as COVID derailed our plans and we ended up re-doing a lot of our planning. She was quick to offer up a phone call or communicate via e-mail. I was planning on getting married in San Diego, but had to do it from across the country. She made the whole process feel manageable despite all the hiccups along the way. I appreciate her positive and problem-solving attitude when things got especially stressful. She went above and beyond when it came to the “day of” and helped me dig for snacks before we were able to leave for the church. She gets a lot of joy from her job and I can tell she loves making couples happy. Alex and I were able to enjoy dinner at our reception and not have to worry about anything. Words cannot express how much gratitude I have for Megan.

Sent on 11/27/2020
  • Sam

Sam Tansey · Married on 12/07/2019

Thanks, Megan!

Megan exceeded our expectations in every regard, truly going above and beyond for us. We weren't local to the area, so her help finding and booking vendors and scouting our locations was invaluable. Anything we hadn't thought of, she did.

Her attention to detail and commitment to ensuring the day was a reflection of who we are made it incredibly memorable and special. On top of all of that, we had to relocate our beach wedding location a few days in advance and she was extraordinarily communicative with all parties involved and ensured a seamless transition. She made it happen and we are so grateful!

We could not recommend her high enough - thank you so much for all your help, Megan!

- Britt and Sam

Sent on 10/30/2019

Gabby Speck · Married on 11/02/2019

Great Experience Working With Megan!

My husband and I were unsure if we wanted to use a coordinator as we were trying to keep the cost of our wedding within our budget, and a coordinator seemed like something that we could skip. However, after speaking with Megan, and receiving a very reasonable quote from her, we decided that what she had to offer was worth the price. From the beginning, she was a huge help in our planning! She knew all of the right questions to ask, helped us create a timeline and a detailed to-do list along the way, and was so easy to work with. She worked with our busy schedules to coordinate phone calls and in-person venue visits. Because of her help, when the wedding came, we felt totally prepared! She made our wedding day so low-stress, worked with all of our vendors, and really helped the day run so smoothly! Our wedding was as perfect as I could ever imagine, and we owe so much of that to Megan!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Sally

Sally Schiffbauer · Married on 09/21/2019

Look no further, Megan is The BEST of the BEST

If you're looking for a quality wedding coordinator, look no further Megan is your girl! Megan is not only professional, organized, and extremely good at what she does, but she also acts as a friend. Someone who you can run ideas by and who will be there for you literally every step of the way. She was always available to communicate whenever I needed anything and truly spent the time making sure to understand and fully encompass the vision of my day. Everything turned out absolutely perfect and I am truly beyond thankful for her and all that did for me. She is QUALITY and choosing her as your coordinator will be the best wedding decision you ever make!!!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Roxanna · Married on 09/01/2019

She's got a good soul. :)

From the moment you meet her, you can tell Megan has a pure and loving soul. Truly the best sort of person you want planning your wedding. She is deeply caring and is up for any challenge. She's always available and texts back right away with answers to your questions and picks up the phone to chat no matter how small or inconsequential your question feels.

Sent on 03/24/2019

Megan Joy Events's reply:

Thank you so much Rox!!! You and Carlos are such wonderful people and I'm so glad to have gotten to connect with you two!

Caitlin · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing Experience

I am so glad I decided to use a coordinator and found Megan! I planned a wedding in two months and Megan helped me streamline everything with organized online timelines we tracked together, vendor communication, check-in calls, to-do lists, professional experience/advice, and the perfect day-of execution. She kept me sane in the time leading up to the wedding, addressed unforeseen details and decisions that needed to be made beforehand, kept constant contact with all of my vendors, and made sure everyone was on the same page both leading up to the wedding and the day-of. A few unique things I really appreciated about Megan as a coordinator are:

-Her Type-A personality (which you need to get things done!) and simultaneous ability to keep you calm and not make things that pop up into big deals during a stressful time.
    -Her approachability. Megan is professional, but also very approachable. I never hesitated before texting her random questions and she was always so kind and prompt to reply.
    -I also appreciated that she went with me to view my ceremony and reception sites to get a better understanding of what I envisioned, their layouts, brainstorm ideas, and speak with the managers beforehand. It really helped knowing we were on the same page when we discussed details thereafter.
    -Her youth, which may sound different, but she could relate to and understand my desire to avoid a wedding that felt too conventional and traditional. She never pressured me to do or feel like I had to do anything outside of my exact wedding desires.
    -Her affordability. I had the misconception that wedding coordinators were outrageously expensive (and I'm sure some are), but Megan was very affordable and worth every penny! If you want things done right the first time, it's really worth it to hire a professional who knows their game, especially for an event as detailed as a wedding.

Most importantly, you want to feel calm and secure on your actual wedding day, and I felt more than confident showing up to mine knowing that Megan had everything handled.

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Kenna

Kenna Dizon · Married on 07/13/2019

Megan Joy Events helped me coordinate a wedding from many miles away!

Our venue came with coordinators but we decided to hire Megan Joy Events (per the recommendation of a friend). And thank goodness we did!!! Our venue’s coordination team did not compare to Megan. We mostly hired Megan to help us with our planning prior to the wedding since we were planning it from the Bay Area (and our wedding was in San Diego).

We started working together about 10 months before the wedding and she attended all of our coordination meetings - bringing up things I never would’ve thought of on my own and helped to try to get us the best prices. She helped brainstorm things for our vision of the wedding, and offered tons of advice along the way.

Once things started coming together she was a HUGE help in coordinating all my vendors, setting up a detailed timeline (this was seriously key) and following up on any and all unanswered questions. She managed all of our vendor contact - which was sooo helpful. Everyone knew to go to her before coming to me so I had a filter before any questions came to my inbox. When our timeline was nailed down, she did a great job of communicating it with everyone and making sure that everyone was well informed. We didn’t have to worry about anything!

On the actual day of, we had Montana as our onsite coordinator. She was also amazing!! She made sure everything went to plan and there were no snags in our timeline. I had little gifts for the bridesmaids that I wanted set up before we arrived on site, and she made this happen. We actually ran out of alcohol (twice!) and she was a hero and ran to the store to the grab us what we needed. I cannot thank her enough for doing this! I didn’t have to worry about any of this during the day - she just confirmed once with us and the bar was restocked before we knew it.

Not only was Megan amazing as a coordinator but she’s an awesome human as well. She made sure that I was happy with everything and was SO readily available whenever I needed to chat - whether it be about a vendor, or any other detail that came up. I’m so happy that I had Megan Joy Events for our wedding day and would absolutely choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Pam Heckman · Married on 06/29/2019

Megan Joy Events Creates the Perfect Wedding Experience!

If you are getting married, or planning a wedding for someone you love, please, please call Megan, at Megan Joy Events! Last weekend she made my daughter's dream wedding a reality. This was our first wedding and we really had no idea what we were doing. We fell in love with Megan from the first phone interview. It was obvious that this was more than a business to Megan, she truly takes a personal interest in making this day perfect for her bride and groom. Megan's attention to detail is unmatched, her eye for décor is exceptional, her relationship with other quality vendors is such an added bonus, and most of all, she cares. With Megan and her assistant, Montana, there was not a single thing during the whole wedding weekend, that was not absolutely perfect. She really is incredible. We had so many family and guests comment that this was truly the best wedding that they had ever been to. Being somewhat of a control freak myself, I have never felt so comfortable leaving everything in someone else's hands. With Megan in control, I was able to enjoy the weekend and never once had to worry about a thing. She communicated with all of our vendors, the church and our venue, and had everything perfectly scheduled and executed down to the minute. Ten stars would not do Megan justice, she really is that good. I would recommend Megan, without a single hesitation, to anyone who is planning a wedding. I know Britt and Ryan's wedding weekend would not have been the success that it was without Megan and Montana. We are looking forward to working with Megan again for our younger daughter. She created an absolutely flawless event and I cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Megan Joy Events's reply:

Pam!! To say you are an angel is an understatement. What a joy getting to work with you and your family!!!

Lisa Jackson · Married on 04/13/2019

Megan Joy Events made my dream wedding a reality!

Working with Megan from Megan Joy Events was wonderful. I knew from our initial interview that she was the one I wanted to work with. We clicked right away. We had just about a month to plan what was to be a simple backyard wedding that, with Megan’s help, turned into what I always envisioned my dream wedding to be like. Did I mention we had about 175 guests? Megan was on point with her ideas, communication and locked down our vendors quickly and efficiently through to the end. She also managed the rehearsal and wedding very well. It all turned out to be what many of our guests call a wedding worthy of being televised. Thank you, Megan, and your ‘day of’ team for all of the hard work, for going above and beyond, and for your commitment to excellence. You definitely exceeded my expectations! I highly recommend Megan Joy Events 🌺

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Kalie

Kalie · Married on 11/30/2018

Amazing!

Meghan went all out for us and made sure we were taken care of every step of the way! As a Type-A control freak, it was awesome having someone so relaxed but organized to balance me out! She thought of things I would have never thought of! At the end of the day, I’d say Meghan was one of the biggest blessings to our wedding prep and she put me in a comfortable place that allows me to think about the fact that I’m getting married rather than focusing solely on the preparation!

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/29/2018

Perfect Coordinator for the Perfect Day!

We had a midweek wedding at the end of August at the Sacred Mountain Retreat in Julian California. The venue is a very a la cart package which gave us both the privilege and responsibility of vendor flexibility. Megan came recommended and trusted by the venue so we had faith in hiring her. She more than delivered to our expectations.

With only six months to arrange our vendors Megan helped coordinate the various points of contact allowing us to focus on the personal logistics of getting married (legal, insurance etc) which took so much stress off of us. Each of our vendors praised Megan's thorough approach and organized planning when we went for our final walk-through.

The day of the wedding Megan was busy ensuring our table arrangements matched our vision and communicated to the other vendors where to set up. She was everywhere. Megan also checked in with each of us personally to make sure everyone was moving according to schedule. We had heard that many weddings feel like they are running behind or pressured for time but we had none of that - likely due to Megan's great work.

When the cocktail hour and reception came around there was one issue of bees attacking some of our food. Megan was on top of it and managed the situation wonderfully.

Reflecting on our wedding we only have positive memories - an amazing day we will never forget.

Sent on 11/01/2018

Brady · Married on 08/11/2018

Perfection with Megan!

Was such a Joy ;) working with Megan! We got married last weekend at Sacred Mountain Retreat and since she used to work for the venue, she knows all of the ins and outs of it. Because of this the weekend went perfectly and every event was timed just right. Megan coordinated with all of the vendors and got them where they should be and when which is a huge help. She's a very nice and friendly person and always there to help with any of your needs. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Katy · Married on 08/03/2018

Stress Free Wedding Day Thanks to Megan! :)

Jamie and I hired Megan to be our wedding coordinator at Sacred Mountain in August and it was the best decision ever! Megan made our wedding the most stress free day of our lives! Jamie and I look back on our wedding day and can say we had the best day ever thanks to Megan! From the day I I hired her she was attentive to every little detail, I loved our coffee meet ups, she was always very quick to respond with any question or concern I had with vendors, she was extremely helpful in helping me to make crucial decisions for the wedding! She was so helpful the day of the wedding making sure every decoration I purchased was exactly in its place, vendors showed up on time(there was construction on one of the freeways and she called each and every vendor to tell them an alternate route to ensure they would be on time!), we even had rain in our forecast at one point and Megan was so on top of it with a plan B, C and D! Thanks to her being extremely organized we were 20 minutes ahead of schedule on our wedding all thanks to her! I can't say enough good things about Megan! She is truly the best wedding coordinator ever and we are so grateful we found her! Thank you for making our wedding day the most perfect, fun and stress free day Megan! :)

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Jacque

Jacque Vallejo · Married on 06/04/2018

Wedding coordinator of your dreams!

We had our wedding on June 4, 2018 and Megan was awesome, she handled the pressure well and was always smiling and very attentive. Megan did an amazing job making sure we had the dream wedding that my husband and I have always wanted! We met up multiple times to go over what our vision was and she made us rest assured that the day of there would be no mishaps and everything ran smoothly (which it did!) thanks to her! She is very experienced in her craft and I recommend her. She is such a sweetheart and you will feel that immediately when you meet with her. WE LOVE MEGAN, so much to say about her and her hardwork attitude.Thanks Megan, from the Vallejo’s, you did an amazing job!

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Sammi

Sammi · Married on 03/18/2018

Shes perfect!

Megan did an incredible job coordinating my wedding day. She was thorough, on top of EVERY DETAIL, an incredible communicator, and effortlessly efficient. I’m Someone who’s SUPER PRESENT and in the moment so I have a hard time managing a bunch of details... but having Megan cover the details of the sweetest day of my life was everything I needed especially on that day.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Absolutely Amazing!!

Megan was fantastic! She met with me multiple times before the wedding and made the whole planning process so much easier for me. I don’t have family out here so it was mostly just me planning this wedding and when I hired Megan, she truly lifted a large piece of the weight off of my shoulders. She not only helped me with the wedding but she listened to me vent about anything from my job to wedding drama and would even check in with me after our meetings to see how things were going. When the wedding came, she was an absolute blessing. She made sure everything/everyone was exactly where it/they needed to be, kept us on our time line and took care of all the vendors. She handled everything with such ease and was so genuine throughout the entire process. I could not have asked for a better planner. She was a large part of making the day the best and I can not thank her enough for it! She is definitely someone you want helping you plan such an important day of your life.

Sent on 10/16/2018