Brooklyn, NY 11201 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Marisa S Cohen Photography

It is both my love for life, and my love for art that motivates me to capture the photographs that I do. I love interacting with all types of people, capturing their spirit as naturally as I can through the camera lens. It is for that reason that I do not work in a studio, where pictures are staged, behind bright lights, but rather utilize natural light in any space. I might ask you to do something that seems really silly, or odd, but it will usually produce your favorite image out of the group. I do not do many of the cliche wedding photos you might see on pinterest or other wedding pages, rather, I prefer to capture natural emotion and an overall sense of the day.

I find it to be important to have fun with my clients and make them feel as comfortable with me as if I were a friend because that level of comfort produces the most natural and relaxed looking images. And lets face it, some people are just not used to being photographed so I am here to help you feel at ease being in front of the camera, and maybe laugh a little too!

My photography teacher in college used to say, "When you make a picture" which I thought sounded so strange at the time, but in my years of experience I now see what he meant. Each photographer has their own way of looking at something and it's their own interpretation of it that makes it their own creation, its not just simply pointing and shooting with a good camera or lens.

I hope that it is your interest in my interpretation that brought you to my site today, and that it is my interpretation that will keep you coming back!

Follow Marisa S Cohen Photography on

Marisa S Cohen Photography 4
  • Jessica

Jessica Bewsee · Married on 04/14/2019

Simply Wonderful

Marisa photographed my daughter's wedding in 2010 so when I got engaged 9 years later, I knew right away I'd be asking her to do my photos. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Gabriella · Married on 05/28/2018

Marissa did an amazing job at my wedding, my friends and relatives are still talking about the photos and the wedding was in May! Marissa was very responsive and flexible in terms of where/when to meet. We discussed everything in person and she was also available via text/email for any questions. For a NYC photographer with such talent, her value is the best, and I shopped around. She has a lot of experience with wedding photographing so I let her direct most of the photos and so glad I did! She took very unique pictures in Williamsburg, where my wedding was, making amazing use of the murals, the park, the city skyline and the restaurant where we had the dinner. She also had the idea to take pictures with us at Joe's pizza and they were incredible! SO NYC! She was also gracious enough when she accepted to be our witness on the spot! I was so in love with her pictures that I recently reached out to tell her I want to have a baby just so she could photograph us again (her baby pictures on her site are gorgeous). I highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2017

We were very strongly recommended to work with Marisa by a close family friend. As soon as we met her, we knew that we'd found our photographer! Marisa is professional, creative, talented, sweet, and lovely. We loved all of the photos that she'd shown us of her work. She knew exactly what our vision was & on our wedding day, she brought it life. All of her ideas for us to maximize our wedding day with guests, yet capture amazing photos worked our perfectly. Some of the preliminary photos that we've received are absolutely gorgeous!

As I told her that day, I felt like I was hanging out with my friend all night! We laughed so much, she shared in the excitement of our day, and we truly enjoyed working with her. We will absolutely work with her again. Plus, I have gained a new friend from this whole experience. Total win-win! Thanks so much for bringing our wedding day to life, Marisa!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Marisa S Cohen Photography Pricing

Marisa S Cohen Photography Price Rates

Marisa S Cohen Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? High-Res Images, Toning, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Toning, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

• Blended Artistry
    Blended Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have had the pleasure of working with Marisa over the years and not only is she a phenomenal photographer she is a joy to be around. Your wedding day is one of the most memorable times of your life and Marsa captures moments that her clients will treasure forever. Whether she is shooting candids for an engagment or playing with the light that is hitting her bride in the perfect way, photos that she has given Brides memories that will last them a lifetime.

• Brooklyn, 11201 See on map