15 Reviews for Marisa S Cohen Photography

High-Res Images (1)
Albums (1)
Digital Files (1)
13 Marisa S Cohen Photography Reviews

We were very strongly recommended to work with Marisa by a close family friend. As soon as we met her, we knew that we'd found our photographer! Marisa is professional, creative, talented, sweet, and lovely. We loved all of the photos that she'd shown us of her work. She knew exactly what our vision was & on our wedding day, she brought it life. All of her ideas for us to maximize our wedding day with guests, yet capture amazing photos worked our perfectly. Some of the preliminary photos that we've received are absolutely gorgeous!

As I told her that day, I felt like I was hanging out with my friend all night! We laughed so much, she shared in the excitement of our day, and we truly enjoyed working with her. We will absolutely work with her again. Plus, I have gained a new friend from this whole experience. Total win-win! Thanks so much for bringing our wedding day to life, Marisa!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Marisa was incredible and I love my photos! I'm not exaggerating when I say that friends and family cannot stop talking about them. They look like something out of a magazine.

As far as pre-wedding logistics go, her prices are reasonable, she was very responsive and she answered all of our questions. On the big day she made guests feel comfortable in front of the camera. The family/wedding party photos were quick and still terrific! She also stepped in to fix my makeup, phew!

Overall she's a fun person and complete professional who takes gorgeous photos. I've already been recommending her to friends.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Mary, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

Marisa Cohen Photography created beautiful photos that captured the joy of my wedding day! Marisa is really talented with finding the right light, location, and moment to capture the photo spontaneously! We ended up in a friendly stranger's backyard that had the perfect tree and distressed shed. Then, we took advantage of the sun going down at the perfect angle and backdrop for our beach photos. Marisa is a lot of fun and very flexible with what you envision as a bride. She also offers makeup services, and my entire bridal party felt glamorous and ready to be photographed! Thank you, Marisa of Marisa Cohen Photography for the giving my family and I the ability to relive this momentous day!

Profile Picture User4345191, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Marisa was a joy to work with!!! Not only is she extremely talented, but she is a true professional. She made our experience fun and enjoyable and we would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture User4247254, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't say enough about Marisa! From our engagement photos to our special day, Marisa captured unique and beautiful shots that I don't see from most wedding photographers. She has a relaxed style with with a professional attitude that creates a great atmosphere to capture amazing and unique shots! She traveled to Massachusetts for both our engagement shoot in the fall by the ocean and in the summer for our wedding in the historic city of Salem, she took amazing photos in these two different settings because of her creative eye! I will treasure these photos forever. I would reccomend Marisa to anyone and everyone to do engagement, wedding photos, family photos, etc... as she is very versatile and easy person to work with! She even incorporated our dogs into our engagement photos and worked very well with my young nieces and nephew on our wedding day to capture some adorable snapshots of them!

Profile Picture Hillary, 8/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My new husband & I loved working with Marisa! She came very highly recommended by a friend who had her do their family photos & after looking through them & then her gorgeous shots of other client's weddings, I knew she'd be the perfect fit!
She has a way of making you feel so comfortable & at ease & it shows through her beautiful pictures..my mom even loved them so much she told her that "she captures their emotions without any artifical structure" (my mom has a deep rooted passion for art & was greatly moved by her talent) & it could not be more true! Her eye captured the excitement, joy & love that we felt that day.
She also handled the business side with great attention to detail, which was a must in our photographer.
I highly recommend Marisa, infact I may just have her do our first family photo as well because Im now pregnant!
Signed,
Two (and a half) happy clients!

Profile Picture User4434746, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

OMG we love Marisa! She was so positive and supportive throughout the whole planning process. Once we got to our big day we felt she knew us and our style, so she was a welcome and seamless presence and everyone could relax. She is so warm and enthusiastic, everyone was so comfortable. That meant she caught real emotions, not stiff, stage-y, self-conscious poses. She captured images of stuff we didn't even realize was happening, like our parents beaming at us during our first dance, the little cousins playing under the table, etc. Moments we would have missed. My only regret is that we didn't do engagement photos with her!!! I guess we'll just have to do First Anniversary photos!! Andrew and I wholeheartedly recommend Marisa S. Cohen Photography.

Profile Picture Debbi, 7/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Great experience, fantastic photographer, couldn't be happier with our photographs!

Profile Picture Carrie, 11/8/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Marisa takes absolutely beautiful photos capturing candid moments along with the important posed ones just as well. We looked all over for a wedding photographer and wanted someone who took gorgeous intimate photojournalism-style moments, was down to earth, and accessible-- needless to say, Marisa fit the bill! She's got a great spirit and attitude and worked really well with our videographer crew who wanted similar shots, etc.

We highly recommend Marisa and her photos speak for themselves!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/29/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Beautiful photojournalism type pictures. Such wonderful quality work, and she's professional but so friendly as well. Everyone felt very comfortable around her. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/29/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Marisa's presence made me feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. By the end of the day, it felt like she was part of my family, too! Her work speaks for itself-- my wedding pictures came out gorgeous and capture the feel of the night perfectly.

Profile Picture Melody, 8/29/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Marisa did a great job and was very affordable! I loved that she did makeup and photography in one I found that to be very helpful.

Profile Picture Mellie, 7/10/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I had a small, rather informal wedding in a public garden, and we wanted our photos to reflect our casual, fun style. Neither of us like posing for photos or consider ourselves very photogenic, so we were a little nervous about choosing a wedding photographer. But Marisa and I had worked together at Sephora and when I saw her portfolio online after chatting with her about photos, I knew that she would be a perfect fit for us. We loved her candid style and I knew that her professional attitude and easy flexibility would make her great on the big day.

On the day of our wedding, I was incredibly impressed. Marisa was quiet and calm, very professional, and managed to be very discreet. Many of our guests commented that they didn't even realize that she was there! Our ceremony was short and afterwards we allowed our guests to play bocce on the garden lawn while Marisa took some family photos - she was great at getting everyone together and putting the groups together in a way that looked fresh and fun, without being too stiff or formal. She also got some wonderful candid shots of our closest friends - our wedding was so small that we each only had one attendant, so it was great to have photos of the people closest to us in addition to our families and small wedding party.

We got some of Marisa's favorite photos very quickly, and had the whole set within a few months, and I absolutely love them. We have several of the photos framed in our home, and used most of them to create our own wedding album, and we get so many compliments. I've recommended Marisa highly and several of my friends have used her for their weddings and been thrilled with the photos.

Marisa is very professional, takes beautiful images, and is a dream to work with - friendly, flexible, and full of great ideas. We had a blast working with her and I would recommend her to anyone - I'm even planning to get some photos done for our five year anniversary!

Profile Picture Meg, 9/5/09, 1 Review