10 Post Office Square, Boston, MA 02109 Map · Phone number

About Making The Day

Making The Day is here to make your special occasion perfect. We are located in the heart of downtown Boston, and have experience with planning, coordinating, and managing a wide array of events. We want your wedding to symbolize your beliefs, personality, and individualism. We pride ourselves on our ability to meticulously plan every detail whether small or big to the likings of the bride and groom. We offer a wide array of services, one that is very unique to our organization is our Fashion Consulting agreement. We work with local firm, HubFashion, to assist with bridal party attire, evening wear for mothers, fathers, and close relatives, and much more.

We are here to help and make sure your wedding goes as smoothly as possible. So email or call us, we would love to discuss your wedding, and what would make it special for you.

Follow Making The Day on

Phillips008

10 Reviews for Making The Day

• Lianna

Lianna · Married on 06/30/2012

For someone who didn't initially want to spend money on a wedding planner, all I can say is I'm SO GLAD I DID. We did a DYI backyard tented wedding at my aunt and uncle's home in Beverly, MA. I figured I'd need help with the day of coordination, but my fiance convinced me we should take on Mitch for the planning piece as well. MTD helped me with vendor selection, organizing all the vendors for the day, helping set up the day before (all the tables, chairs, decor), conducting the reahearsal, etc, etc. I completely underestimated the amount of time and effort it would take to set up under the tent, but Mitch and Danielle (plus my family and friends) were power houses! It was transformed before my eyes into the most beautiful wedding a girl could ask for. We loved dealing with Mitch - he's fun, down to earth and just all around a very cool guy. He even had to help me through a couple of "crisis" moments leading up to the wedding including when my initial catering choice cancelled at the last minute. Calm, cool and collected he guided us through the issues and behold - we had the perfect wedding day! I would not hesitate to recommend this company for your wedding planning needs.

Sent on 08/11/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/03/2011

I cannot say enough about the amazing job that Mitch and his team at Making the Day did for our wedding. We had hired him after seeing an online promotion, just to provide day-of wedding coordination and some following-up with our vendors. Our wedding was in a location that was not full-service, so we needed some help setting up and taking down decor, coordinating the bridal party, and organizing the event.

For those tasks alone that we had contracted them for, MTD executed them perfectly. But the reason I am writing this review is for all of the details far beyond their scope that they provided, just because they wanted us to have a great wedding.

Our caterer dropped the ball on several occasions, and Making the Day stepped in several times not only to follow up on the caterer's duties, but also to find us a new bartending service when the caterer reneged on that part of her contract a month before the wedding.

When I told Mitch at Making the Day that I was just going to make carnation centerpieces myself because we had used up our budget and weren't able to order them through the florist, he said he wanted us to have better than that, and coordinated and designed the centerpieces, which were absolutely beautiful, for us.

When we ran out of beer not even halfway through the wedding, he actually offered to leave and pick up more for us.

Although the cost of a wedding coordinator was never in our budget, Making the Day proved to be worth their weight in gold, and we couldn't be happier that we moved things around to be able to bring them in.

I don't know how many other issues may have happened behind the scenes at our wedding, because they were resolved without us ever knowing they happened. And at a non-full-service venue, that is a huge undertaking.

If you're considering hiring a coordinator, or think you can just do it all yourself, I would urge you to call Making the Day. They were the best investment we ever could have made.

Sent on 09/22/2011
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/11/2011

I was really excited when I got engaged, and I thought planning and coordinating would be something I would love doing, however that was not the case. I became overwhelmed really quickly, and struggled with finding vendors within my budget, an overall look/feel, and the most overwhelming part was all the little day of items, like where to do pictures, what the ceremony would be, timing and all the logistics of the day. We hired Making The Day about 3 months into our wedding planning nightmare, and it might have been the best money I ever spent. Mitch and the team got us on track, gave us timelines/checklists, mock documentation for ceremony/dj/reception. It was quite a relief utilizing their services, our wedding day went off with no issues, everything was extremely well thought out, and planned. The venue looked fantastic, and my family, friends, and most of all MYSELF had a great time

Sent on 06/01/2011

Award

Making The Day FAQ

• Michael Brook Photography
    Michael Brook Photography Wedding Photographers

They pulled together an really elegant wedding that I photographed at The Country Club in Brookline. The couple seemed to have the time of their life and were completely unburdened by day-of hitches in the plan, vendor coordinating, etc.

• Local Motion of Boston
    Local Motion of Boston Wedding Limos

Phillip is great to work with & we look forward to helping transport guests at more of his future events!

• Vail Fucci Photography
    Vail Fucci Photography Wedding Photographers

Mitch of Making the Day is no ordinary event planner. His no-nonsense approach is very refreshing. Mitch even meets with his suggested vendors in person to vet them for his clients in advance. He and his wife are a great team that will surely save you money and time in the end by finding you the best deals for the best prices.

• 10 Post Office Square Boston, 02109 See on map