Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Makeup by Ana B

Makeup by Ana B is the recipient of WeddingWire’s Couples Choice and Bride’s Choice Award for five consecutive years (2012-2016), providing makeup and hair artistry services for Washington DC, Virginia, and Maryland, and specializing in natural and dramatic beauty looks. Makeup by Ana B offers a team of excellent makeup and hair artists to handle on-site services for small and large wedding parties. After five years, Makeup by Ana B is already making a name for itself as Northern Virginia’s best makeup artists and wedding hairstylists with 40+ excellent reviews on Wedding Wire and Google, and has been featured in several publications including Washingtonian Bride & Groom, Style Me Pretty Weddings, Green Wedding Shoes, Maharani Weddings, Wedding Wire’s Featured Artist, and partners yearly with the Redskins for their All Star Survivors Charity Event.

Categories: Wedding Hair & Makeup

On-Site Hair (16)
Eye Makeup (16)
On-Site Makeup (16)
Hair (15)
Wedding Party Makeup (15)
Multi. Stylists (13)
Hair Trial (13)
Natural Makeup (12)
Makeup Trial (12)
Contour Makeup (11)
Airbrush Makeup (10)
Blowouts (3)

I had the pleasure of working with sweet Gabby for my hair trial and for my wedding day hair styling. She expertly adjusted her hairstyle with me after I changed my look from what we had done in the trial and I loved it! My updo held up beautifully through a windstorm filled outdoor photo session and a night full of dancing! She made sure none of my pins were poking me and that I was comfortable before leaving. I am so grateful! Stefani also came to help Gabby double team the bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother in law. Everyone loved their hair styles and we had quite a variation of hair textures, lengths, and volume! We were loving it. Thank you lovely ladies for everything!

Profile Picture Erika, 3/3/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Multi. Stylists, Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

I just wanted to say thank you SO MUCH for your amazing job on my wedding day! Everyone said how great you guys were & my bridesmaids looked amazing! You’re very gifted & I appreciate all you did to make me feel beautiful for my handsome groom :)
I’ll share my professional photos shortly!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 2/17/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had a wedding makeup and hair trial with Ana B. The person responding to emails and scheduling was very quick and good with following up. It was easy to book the trial. They requested some inspiration photos ahead of time. I was a little surprised that she didn't spend more time getting to know me before she started working. This isn't a critique but an observation. Most wedding vendors I encountered did the customary bride-to-be small talk beforehand to make you feel comfortable. She did end up asking some of those questions while doing the trial. I felt like I asked more about her than she did about me though. She opened maybe 2-3 (out of 12) of the inspiration photos that I sent and we talked about the look that I wanted. She did a nice job working through the hairstyle options -- an up do with ability to transition to half up/down. During the first third of the appointment, she got a call from her son's school saying that he was sick and needed to be picked up. She was worried and distracted and asked if she could take a couple minutes to find someone to pick him up. I said of course. She found someone to pick him up and a little later he came home. I don't know if this continued to distract her but I left the trial feeling like we didn't connect and like she didn't really care about me or my wedding. I know she sees brides all the time and no bride is more special than another, but I left feeling like it was just a transaction rather than excited about seeing her again. This may have been fine had I liked my makeup. She used a bronzer that made me look too orange and put too much concealer/corrector under my eyes. My under eyes looked paler than the rest of my face, dry, and had more lines. I looked much older than I am. My lipstick was uneven. I mentioned all this during the trial and she tried to fix it. She said she'd make a note for the wedding day. I didn't feel pretty. That plus not feeling like she cared about me made me choose someone else.

Profile Picture Katie, 1/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup

Makeup by Ana B Pricing