Makeup by Ana B Reviews

Makeup by Ana B 5
Makeup by Ana B 6
Makeup by Ana B 7

Dani · Married on 07/20/2019

Thank you!!!! (especially Nancy & Melissa)

I can’t thank Makeup by Ana B enough for how AMAZING they all are! Particularly Melissa and Nancy (and Monica for being so helpful along the way with all of the planning). Coming from a girl that is terrible at hair and hardly wears any makeup, wedding H&MU was very intimidating for me. I also happen to dread being the center of attention so I was very nervous about how I would look for my big day. On top of that, I also had 10 bridesmaids to worry about. Melissa, Nancy and the whole team were INCREDIBLE. They gave great suggestions and truly made sure everyone was totally happy and comfortable with how they looked. And most importantly, they were sweet, friendly, calm and professional which was extremely helpful on the wedding day. Our wedding day also happened to be 102 degrees and somehow everyone’s glam stayed on perfectly for the entirety of the day and night. The pictures came out great. I would recommend this group over and over and I am so thankful to have met them. xo

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing Experience!

I used Makeup by Ana B for both my engagement shoot and wedding day. Uzma was phenomenal for my engagement shoot and nailed the look I was hoping for. Ana B, Shenoa, and Martha did the makeup and hair for my bridesmaids, MOB, MOG, and me on my wedding day. We were so impressed by their punctuality, professionalism, flexibility, and quality of work. They sent a detailed schedule beforehand and stuck to that schedule the morning of. Shenoa even stayed after the other artists left to make sure my makeup was ready to go after taking some pictures and doing a first look with my dad (there were tears involved). I met with Ana and Shenoa before my wedding for a trial, and they were so accommodating and helped me articulate my vision. We were so happy with our wedding day looks and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Rocky Wood · Married on 07/06/2019

Talented, Friendly, and will follow what you say.

I can't recommend Makeup By Ana B enough. Throughout the entire process they were responsive, friendly, professional, fair with prices, and extremely talented. I showed pictures of what I envisioned and they all stuck exactly to it. The day of I switched things up (not good or recommended) but Ana B did an incredible job on my makeup and just knew what to do based off of what I so terribly described. They were the most affordable option for the quality, I tried 3 other places, and would 100% tell all of my friends to use them.

Sent on 08/09/2019
    Makeup by Ana B 8
    Makeup by Ana B 9
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2019

Highly Recomment - Uzma, Chelsea, and Monica are Amazing!

I booked Makeup by Ana B. for my wedding two weekends ago, and couldn’t have been happier with how everything turned out! Uzma (hair, and hair and makeup for me) and Chelsea (makeup) were both amazing – from the beginning of the day they were super flexible (we used my sister’s AirBnB, which had kind of a funky layout but they both rolled with it), professional, and fun. They were also so patient with and warm to my niece, who hung out in the room literally all day bugging them with questions about hair and makeup – which tells you they are both just good human beings! My mom and mother-in-law, sister, sisters-in-law, and niece looked beautiful and they all loved their looks, and everything was done early which meant we had more time to relax before the wedding, which we all appreciated.

Uzma had done my makeup during a trial a few months prior which I really liked but wasn’t 100% sure about, but she worked with me the day of to create a look that I absolutely LOVED, which was basically what she’d done during the trial but more glammed up. Uzma also did my hair as Gabby who had done the trial (and was also amazing!) was unfortunately sick – and she totally nailed it! I was nervous that it wouldn’t look the same as the trial, but it was perfect and I wouldn’t have changed a thing about it.

I would HIGHLY recommend Uzma and Chelsea for your hair and makeup needs – they are talented, professional, and take the time to listen carefully to what you’re looking for. Finally, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention how wonderful Monica (who does the booking) is – she was incredibly responsive and super easy to work with over e-mail, and easily added and changed details as we went along the way. I did a ton of research on hair and makeup services and know how hard it is to find the right company, but am so glad we went with Makeup by Ana B!

Sent on 07/03/2019
    Makeup by Ana B 10
    Makeup by Ana B 11
    Makeup by Ana B 12

Makeup by Ana B's reply:

Hi Sarah! You literally made our day with this kind review! We are so grateful for your trust in our company. You look absolutely stunning in all your pictures!

Britta Glennon · Married on 06/22/2019

Highly highly recommend!!

Cori and Bianca were miracle workers!! I am seriously so impressed with both of them. I've seen makeup and hair go very wrong at weddings, and I was very nervous about choosing hair and makeup artists who (1) would be able to handle a range of girls with different coloring, hair, etc, and (2) would make me feel beautiful but also like myself. I've had my hair and makeup professionally done before, and often I don't feel like myself because the makeup is too heavy, or I feel like I could have done a better job myself. Cori put together an incredible intricate hairstyle together for me that I got compliments on ALL NIGHT (and it lasted all night - through dancing, jumping, sweating, etc) - I've never seen another hairstyle like it outside of Pinterest. Bianca created a natural look that still made my eyes POP and that also lasted all night. And all of my friends also looked absolutely gorgeous; they were all super pleased. I cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Corriveau · Married on 06/21/2019

Efficient & Flawless!

I am so glad I picked Make up by Ana B for my wedding hair and make up. There are so many options out there, but look no further- just book them and move onto your next thing to do! They will not disappoint. I did my trial with Nancy (makeup) and Melissa (hair) and was very pleased with the outcome. The trial was important to confirm what tools held my hair well and to test out airbrush, etc. The day of the wedding we had 4 artists total- Nancy, Melissa, Jasmine and Uzma for 13 ladies. They were scheduled for 10:30am-3pm and I was a little skeptical that we would get through 13 ladies in 4.5 hours- well they finished almost an hour early!! Everyone looked flawless- zero complaints! My hair held well and I didn't have to touch up my make up once. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Makeup by Ana B 13
    Makeup by Ana B 14
    Makeup by Ana B 15
    Makeup by Ana B 16
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful to work with!

Ana B was great to work with. I was so pleased with my wedding hair and make up. Jasmine and Hala were both wonderful and come high recommended. They asked for feedback after my trail and made all requested small changes once my wedding day rolled around. The two of them and one assistant were able to complete all of my wedding party's hair/ make up, stay on schedule and were great company! Hope to have the chance to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Severance · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing, talented, friendly team to create your perfect look(s)!

I absolutely, completely, wholeheartedly, 110% recommend working with Makeup by Ana B for your bridal/wedding party hair and makeup! This may have been one of the easiest and best parts of my wedding planning process - the business coordinator was extremely responsive, communicative, friendly, and helpful throughout the booking, artist selection, and scheduling process all the way from first contact until my wedding was over. The prices are extremely reasonable and more than worth it for the high level of care and service I received.

Mindy was incredible for hair - she not only helped me figure out what I wanted for my wedding hair and then gave me it to exactly, but she also did a variety of styles based on what each girl wanted and everyone's was perfect! Everyone was totally happy with how hers turned out, which was amazing. I had Uzma for makeup and she is a true gem! She was so intuitive and talented in taking the inspiration or general ideas I had and making suggestions and adjustments to really accentuate my features and create my PERFECT bridal look. She also individualized makeup for each girl's unique requests and everyone loved their look. While satisfying the individual requests, Mindy and Uzma also managed to make all the looks cohesive so we all fit together and no one looked out of place. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day and I'm so grateful to both Mindy and Uzma for creating that for me.

While not specifically related to the beauty services, I think it is also worth noting that Mindy and Uzma are both amazing people who 1) provided a calming influence when I had pre-wedding stress and 2) really added to the fun in the bridal suite while we were getting ready. Both were fun, friendly, and adaptable to any changes thrown at them (in addition to being wonderful artists). I fully intend to work with both of them again for future events.

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Sandy

Sandy · Married on 05/11/2019

Best decision ever!

I did a lot of research on finding the perfect hair and make up team for myself and my bridesmaids. The MAB team was perfect! I had a variety of girls with different skin tones, different hair textures, and just a bunch of us overall. I did a trial two months before the wedding. It was great cause Ana who did my hair knew I was going to get hair color done and had me take pictures to show my colorist. Such a great idea because my hair colorist made my hair look even more bomb! Shenoa made sure that I worked my makeup and give her feedback after so I can really see what I may need fix. The MAB team did such a great job on my girls and I! We looked amazing and felt amazing, I'm so thankful I picked such a great team of artists to work with my girls.

Sent on 05/23/2019
    Makeup by Ana B 17
    Makeup by Ana B 18
    Makeup by Ana B 19
    Makeup by Ana B 20

Meg P · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful experience with Makeup by AnaB

I highly recommend Makeup by AnaB for your wedding hair and makeup in the DC area. They were professional and talented and I really enjoyed working with them. They are also very reasonably priced and a great value. Monica (the business coordinator) was very responsive which I so appreciated after some long delayed responses from other vendors. I did my trial with Gabby (hair) and Suz (makeup) and they were both sweet and talented. They took feedback so well and really listened to my preferences. Unfortunately Gabby was unwell leading up to my wedding (which I completely understood) but Ana (the owner) passed on all of my requests and feedback to Stefani to step in and and she did a great job. On the day of, Suz and Stefani were so sweet to my whole bridal party and Stefani even gave my 87 year old grandmother a complimentary hair style. I should mention that it poured during my outdoor ceremony and my hair and makeup stayed put all night. I am in love with my photos and seriously felt beautiful all day despite the rain and moisture in the air.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Diana Delgado · Married on 05/04/2019

Makeup by Ana B is the best!

I knew I was in good hands when my photographer heard I was working with Makeup by Ana B and immediately said, "Oh I love them because I have to do so little editing on the photos!" :) Every step of the process was easy and professional and most importantly, my bridesmaids and I felt and looked beautiful on the big day! Would absolutely recommend Makeup by Ana B for your wedding or next big event!

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/26/2019

Beautiful hair/makeup and professional experience!

I am so happy we chose Makeup by Ana B. for my wedding day hair and makeup services! Ana, Shenoa, and Melissa did a wonderful job doing my rather large bridal party makeup and hair! Not only was the entire bridal party happy with their hair and makeup, but we also genuinely enjoyed their calm, professional and kind demeanor! I also appreciated that Monica who was in charge of scheduling, contract and ongoing communication was very responsive and helpful! There is definite potential for the morning of your wedding to be chaotic, but Ana, Shenoa, and Melissa were on time, ready and very professional the entire time! We all felt beautiful and pampered while remaining natural and feeling like ourselves!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Cynthia · Married on 04/13/2019

Nancy and Melissa were amazing!

My entire bridal party and myself were incredibly happy with Nancy and Melissa from Makeup by Ana B! They did my bridal hair and makeup and gave me exactly what I wanted. They were both very professional, arrived on time, stayed on schedule, knowledgable, and were a pleasure to be around. They made everyone feel comfortable on an otherwise nervewracking day, and that is invaluable on your wedding day!

Sent on 05/16/2019
  • Diana

Diana Pardo · Married on 04/13/2019

Made me feel beautiful

These ladies were amazing! I just asked them to make me look beautiful and they did it. The make up was perfection and I stayed looking beautiful the whole evening. So did my bridesmaids. Next time I make a trip to Washington DC and have a night out I will definitely get my hair and make up done just because they were that wonderful. Love ❤️

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Makeup by Ana B 26
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Allen · Married on 04/06/2019

Amazing service!

I am so happy with Make up By Ana B!! Ana, Shenoa, and Lara were amazing! My MOH (who has been in a few weddings) said this was the best bridesmaid makeup she's had by far, and I couldn't agree more. Everyone looked stunning! I was glad to meet them beforehand at the trial to plan the hair and makeup. They had great advice and helped me achieve the bridal look I was going for. They were also so accommodating in helping my mother with makeup and when I changed my hairstyle. I highly recommend :) my other bridesmaid is now having them do makeup for her wedding in Oct and I look forward to seeing you all again!!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 03/30/2019

Fantastic Experience Hair and Makeup Services! Highly Recommend!

I'm so glad I chose to go with Makeup by Ana B for my wedding earlier this year! Everything was great with the hair and makeup services, and the entire bridal party was very happy with how everything turned out! From day 1 they were very professional and responsive and were a pleasure to work with. Thanks so much to the team for making everyone look and feel fabulous on our special day!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 03/30/2019

So patient and great!

Stefani (hair) and Kola (makeup) were so so patient and kind with me. I was pretty specific on what I wanted and they advised based on their expertise and together we made my wedding dreams come true! I was so happy with the results. They also glammed up a few of my bridesmaids and together we looked amazing!

Sent on 08/22/2019
    Makeup by Ana B 31
    Makeup by Ana B 32
    Makeup by Ana B 33

Emmy · Married on 12/22/2018

Nancy, Melissa and Pam are awesome!

For my December wedding, I was so happy to have had Nancy, Melissa and Pam do my bridal hair and makeup, as well as for my four bridesmaids, and mother of the bride and groom. They all did such an outstanding job, and we all looked beautiful. All day we received compliments from our vendors and guests. We all looked flawless in pictures and videos. It was a true pleasure to work with all three artists/stylists. They provided all services on time, were very organized and professional, super nice and patient. We had so much fun having them do our hair and makeup! We highly recommend them to all brides and their bridal party!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Julie · Married on 11/17/2018

Fantastic!

I can't say enough good things about Make by Ana B! The staff was always professional, kind and prompt. The bridal party and I felt GORGEOUS on the day and each of the stylists delivered on our dream looks. As a type A bride, I most appreciated their responsiveness to questions throughout the entire process. I always felt taken care of and that goes such a long way. Huge thank yous to Monica, Shenoa, Jasmine, Martha, and Uzma. The stylists are so talented and Monica is so organized. It was an absolute pleasure working with them.

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • U

Ujwal · Married on 10/27/2018

Pam, Kola, and Monica are terrific!

Makeup by Ana B was amazing to work with from the beginning. Monica, the business coordinator made the interaction seamless. There were so many hair/makeup artists who I’d never hear back from, but Monica always responded within a day or two. My hair was done by Pam and my makeup was done by Kola. I did trials with both and loved what they did. For my wedding day, I ended up changing my hairstyle but was confident in Pam’s ability – which she blew me away! Monica sent me a detailed scheduled 2 weeks before the wedding to cover 9 people - myself, 6 bridesmaids, my mom, and flower girl. I’d always heard that hair/makeup cause the biggest delays for weddings, but I was so pleasantly surprised to find we completed on-time for a 5 hour schedule with 3 artists. My bridal party were all of varying ethnicity and they all looked stunning. Highly recommend Makeup by Ana B and especially Pam and Kola!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Ellen · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing experience!

I couldn’t be happier with my decision to use Makeup by Ana B for my wedding hair and makeup. Everything with them was so smooth and easy, from the initial booking, to coordinating my trial, to wedding day schedule and logistics. Monica, the business coordinator, is incredibly helpful and responsive. I knew after my first interaction with her that I wanted to book with them. We had Melissa for hair and Suz for makeup- both were incredible! I felt gorgeous the whole day, and the best part was, my husband kept saying I still looked like myself. My mom rarely wears makeup or does anything special to her hair- they made her feel beautiful but still very comfortable with what they were doing. Melissa and Suz showed up on wedding day early, prepared, and they both are just so kind and calming, exactly the kind of people you want to be around on your wedding day as you are getting ready. I loved my wedding day hair and makeup even more than I did after the trial, which I didn’t think was possible! I couldn’t recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Ansley · Married on 09/22/2018

If I could give Makeup by Ana B more than 5 stars I would! Ana is so talented and the rest of her team is as well. I am a very particular and picky person when it comes to my hair and makeup and Ana made the whole process so easy. I was thrilled with the final results during my trial and on my wedding day. Book them!

Sent on 09/30/2018
    Makeup by Ana B 34
    Makeup by Ana B 35

Halima · Married on 07/20/2018

Hala did my makeup for a very special event. I am very paticular about my makeup, I was very pleased. I would love to have my makeup done again by Hala.

Sent on 08/21/2018

plutzik robbins wedding guest list · Married on 07/07/2018

My daughter and her entire bridal party had their hair and makeup done for her wedding day by Makeup by Ana B. Ana was recommended to us by our wedding event planner and we were so happy she was available for the wedding!

From my daughter's first inquiry she knew Ana was going to be awesome! She was very responsive and asked for photos to give her an idea of Nora's wedding inspiration. The morning of the wedding Ana and her team were right on time even a little early. They were so fun and friendly to everyone!! Nora and all of the bridesmaids looked gorgeous, natural and classy!! My daughter was so calm all morning because she knew she was in such great hands. Our makeup looked great all day and night long with hardly a touchup. We got so many compliments from all of our guests! I can’t recommend Ana B enough, she is so talented at her craft and LOVES what she does!!!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Corinne · Married on 06/15/2018

Ana and her team have been amazing to work with over the last few months! They were incredibly responsive, professional, and are all extremely talented! Our hair and makeup looked flawless all day and withstood all of the sweat and tears without issue! The services proved by Ana’s team was well worth the money and I would absolutely recommend them for anyone’s event makeup/Hair needs!

Sent on 06/18/2018