Makeup by Ana B Reviews

Makeup by Ana B 4
Makeup by Ana B 5

Julie Fitzgerald · Getting married on 02/09/2020

Wonderful HMUAs!

Makeup by Ana B came recommended by photographer and it didn’t disappoint! I worked with Eva and Jasmine and they were fabulous. They stayed cool, calm and collected throughout the day and even as it came down to crunch time for photos! Everyone commented on our hair and makeup and my bridesmaids and moms loved their looks! Highly recommend Makeup by Ana B!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Kelly · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfection!

Ana and her team are AWESOME. I did a trial with Ana and Shenoa over a year out from my wedding and immediately knew I wanted to book with the Makeup by Ana B team! For my trial, I provided some inspiration photos for both hair and makeup and both came out exactly like I wanted. Leading up to the wedding day, I communicated with Monica back and forth as I added services, removed services, and changed services for my bridal party, moms, and flower girls. She was always super quick to respond and never once had any issues with my requests, despite the number requests and questions I came to her with! The week of the wedding, Monica provided a beauty schedule for all of us so we all knew when we'd have what service done and with who. Come the wedding day, my hair was a bit longer and the wedding look/feel had evolved a bit, so we made some slight adjustments from when I had trialed the year before, but my hair and makeup came out even more perfect, if that's even possible! All the bridesmaids, flower girls, and moms also loved how everything turned out. Everyone looked flawless, not only upon finishing, but throughout the entire day and night! Despite the amazing hair and makeup done, we also finished ahead of schedule, with 19 total services completed between 7:30AM and 12:45PM. All in all, I couldn't recommend Makeup by Ana B more!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Megan · Married on 10/19/2019

Suz and Uzma are amazing!!

Suz and Uzma did our makeup and hair on our wedding day and I can’t say enough about them!! Not only did the bridesmaids, mom, mother-in-law, and my hair and makeup come out absolutely perfect, but they finished ahead of schedule!! Suz and Uzma were so sweet and they were so much fun to be with while we were getting ready. They did such a fantastic job I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Makeup by Ana B 6
    Makeup by Ana B 7
    Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Amelia

Amelia Friedman · Married on 10/19/2019

Fabulous, easy experience

I had the best experience with Makeup by Ana B. Both my hair and makeup artists were fabulous, kind, flexible people. They were very responsive during my trial, and I was thrilled with their work the day of the wedding. Highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Marisa · Married on 10/13/2019

Best HMU team!!

I could not have been happier with Suz and Jasmine and their services on our wedding day. Truly, they knocked it out of the park! All of our hair held up through an unexpected rainstorm and everyone looked and felt beautiful!

I also want to say, their genuine compassion and kindness while helping us get ready was incredible. Suz and Jasmine made sure everyone was VERY happy with their look and felt beautiful (which we did!!!). It's little things like that that make me so appreciative we chose you for our wedding day.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Andrea

andrea k · Married on 09/27/2019

Highly Recommend!

I had a fantastic experience with Hala for makeup and Uzma for hair for myself and 4 of my family /bridal party. It was easy and clear communicating with Monica via email. Most importantly, we were all over the moon happy with the work - we all looked gorgeous!! I highly recommend getting the air brush foundation - it looked flawless. Hala and Uzma were extremely kind to all of us and they worked well within our time frame to make sure we were ready to go. I even changed up the hairstyle I wanted from my trial and Uzma still rolled with it. It was a completely stress free and enjoyable experience and I'm SO happy with how everything turned out. I really can't say enough good things and highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 09/21/2019

Talented, seamless, such a joy!

Ana and her team were truly phenomenal. Everything was so seamless. The team was so calm, cool and collected, which made for a really enjoyable, comfortable, no-pressure, totally positive getting-wedding-ready environment. I had the privilege of working with Ana for both my rehearsal dinner and our wedding, and I wish there could have been 100 more events to have Ana's team do hair and makeup. The weekend was magical for me and for all those who got to enjoy the services of the MAB team. I've been in my fair share of weddings and have seen and been serviced by plenty of hair and makeup teams. Undoubtedly, I can say that Ana and her team were not only incredibly talented and made every one of us feel like our best selves, but just such a joy to be around.

Thank you all so much for your involvement in our wedding. It was a dream come true!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Alexandria · Married on 09/14/2019

9.14.2019 Wedding

Ana and her team are AMAZING! The skillset they have is unlike any other team I have ever seen! My wedding makeup and hair was exactly what I wanted as well for all of my bridesmaids. I will definitely be using Ana and her team for any future events. Thank you so much for making my wedding day the best!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Candice

Candice Rodgerson · Married on 09/13/2019

Amazing Experience!

I cannot say enough great things about my experience with Makeup by Ana B. From the moment I contacted them to enquire about my wedding day services, there were always friendly and prompt responses. Once I went for my trial with Melissa and Nancy, I knew I had made the right decision. They both listened to me and delivered exactly what I wanted with my hair and makeup! On my wedding day, an additional artist, Kory, was brought on to help with my wedding party and mothers of the bride & groom. Melissa, Nancy, and Kory delivered exactly what each of us wanted! It was incredible! My group was blown away. I was a little worried because I had a picky group of girls as well as many different skin types, hair types, ethnicities, and ages from 22 to 82. EVERY single one of us felt beautiful and pampered. I am so thankful to all of them for helping make my wedding day so perfect. We were all complimented throughout the night on our hair and makeup. Through tears and rain, our makeup was still perfection. If you are considering booking Makeup by Ana B, DO IT! From beginning to end, they will take such amazing care of you and your wedding party!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful Wedding Hair & Makeup!

Ana B provided amazing artists on my wedding day! Stefani, Shenoa and Martha were all wonderful! So friendly, calming and great at what they do! Everyone was so happy with their hair and makeup! I loved mine and felt like such a beautiful bride thanks to their work.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Rebecca · Married on 08/31/2019

Mindy was amazing!

My bridesmaids and I worked with Mindy for my August 2019 wedding, and she was SO AMAZING. Each of us have different types of hair and each of us wanted our own hair style, and our hair looked exactly like the photos we provided! Mindy was super nice, easy to work with, very accommodating, and works so quickly - HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND MINDY!!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Emily

Emily Swain · Married on 08/30/2019

BEST Hair & Makeup team!!

I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed working with your team! Shenoa and Melissa were absolutely incredible! They were so detail oriented and thoughtful to work with! From my initial hair and make-up trial, I was blown away at how perfectly their team captured my bridal hair and make-up vision. My entire bridal party loved their hair and makeup and appreciated how much fun everyone was to work with! You will not regret working with this amazing team!!

Makeup by Ana B 8
    Makeup by Ana B 9
    Makeup by Ana B 10
    Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing team

I hired Ana and Shenoa for hair and makeup for my bridal party and moms, and they were wonderful. They asked every woman what she wanted, how she normally wears her makeup, and they were willing to make changes on the fly. I have never felt more beautiful, and my hair and makeup last over 12 hours, which is a fete in itself. Ana and Shenoa were so much fun to include in our day and I would highly recommend!

Makeup by Ana B 11
    Makeup by Ana B 12
    Makeup by Ana B 13
    Makeup by Ana B 14
    Makeup by Ana B 15
    Sent on 08/31/2019

Dani · Married on 07/20/2019

Thank you!!!! (especially Nancy & Melissa)

I can’t thank Makeup by Ana B enough for how AMAZING they all are! Particularly Melissa and Nancy (and Monica for being so helpful along the way with all of the planning). Coming from a girl that is terrible at hair and hardly wears any makeup, wedding H&MU was very intimidating for me. I also happen to dread being the center of attention so I was very nervous about how I would look for my big day. On top of that, I also had 10 bridesmaids to worry about. Melissa, Nancy and the whole team were INCREDIBLE. They gave great suggestions and truly made sure everyone was totally happy and comfortable with how they looked. And most importantly, they were sweet, friendly, calm and professional which was extremely helpful on the wedding day. Our wedding day also happened to be 102 degrees and somehow everyone’s glam stayed on perfectly for the entirety of the day and night. The pictures came out great. I would recommend this group over and over and I am so thankful to have met them. xo

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 07/20/2019

Amazing Experience!

I used Makeup by Ana B for both my engagement shoot and wedding day. Uzma was phenomenal for my engagement shoot and nailed the look I was hoping for. Ana B, Shenoa, and Martha did the makeup and hair for my bridesmaids, MOB, MOG, and me on my wedding day. We were so impressed by their punctuality, professionalism, flexibility, and quality of work. They sent a detailed schedule beforehand and stuck to that schedule the morning of. Shenoa even stayed after the other artists left to make sure my makeup was ready to go after taking some pictures and doing a first look with my dad (there were tears involved). I met with Ana and Shenoa before my wedding for a trial, and they were so accommodating and helped me articulate my vision. We were so happy with our wedding day looks and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Rocky Wood · Married on 07/06/2019

Talented, Friendly, and will follow what you say.

I can't recommend Makeup By Ana B enough. Throughout the entire process they were responsive, friendly, professional, fair with prices, and extremely talented. I showed pictures of what I envisioned and they all stuck exactly to it. The day of I switched things up (not good or recommended) but Ana B did an incredible job on my makeup and just knew what to do based off of what I so terribly described. They were the most affordable option for the quality, I tried 3 other places, and would 100% tell all of my friends to use them.

Makeup by Ana B 16
    Makeup by Ana B 17
    Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2019

Highly Recomment - Uzma, Chelsea, and Monica are Amazing!

I booked Makeup by Ana B. for my wedding two weekends ago, and couldn’t have been happier with how everything turned out! Uzma (hair, and hair and makeup for me) and Chelsea (makeup) were both amazing – from the beginning of the day they were super flexible (we used my sister’s AirBnB, which had kind of a funky layout but they both rolled with it), professional, and fun. They were also so patient with and warm to my niece, who hung out in the room literally all day bugging them with questions about hair and makeup – which tells you they are both just good human beings! My mom and mother-in-law, sister, sisters-in-law, and niece looked beautiful and they all loved their looks, and everything was done early which meant we had more time to relax before the wedding, which we all appreciated.

Uzma had done my makeup during a trial a few months prior which I really liked but wasn’t 100% sure about, but she worked with me the day of to create a look that I absolutely LOVED, which was basically what she’d done during the trial but more glammed up. Uzma also did my hair as Gabby who had done the trial (and was also amazing!) was unfortunately sick – and she totally nailed it! I was nervous that it wouldn’t look the same as the trial, but it was perfect and I wouldn’t have changed a thing about it.

I would HIGHLY recommend Uzma and Chelsea for your hair and makeup needs – they are talented, professional, and take the time to listen carefully to what you’re looking for. Finally, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention how wonderful Monica (who does the booking) is – she was incredibly responsive and super easy to work with over e-mail, and easily added and changed details as we went along the way. I did a ton of research on hair and makeup services and know how hard it is to find the right company, but am so glad we went with Makeup by Ana B!

Makeup by Ana B 18
    Makeup by Ana B 19
    Makeup by Ana B 20
    Sent on 07/03/2019

Makeup by Ana B's reply:

Hi Sarah! You literally made our day with this kind review! We are so grateful for your trust in our company. You look absolutely stunning in all your pictures!

Britta Glennon · Married on 06/22/2019

Highly highly recommend!!

Cori and Bianca were miracle workers!! I am seriously so impressed with both of them. I've seen makeup and hair go very wrong at weddings, and I was very nervous about choosing hair and makeup artists who (1) would be able to handle a range of girls with different coloring, hair, etc, and (2) would make me feel beautiful but also like myself. I've had my hair and makeup professionally done before, and often I don't feel like myself because the makeup is too heavy, or I feel like I could have done a better job myself. Cori put together an incredible intricate hairstyle together for me that I got compliments on ALL NIGHT (and it lasted all night - through dancing, jumping, sweating, etc) - I've never seen another hairstyle like it outside of Pinterest. Bianca created a natural look that still made my eyes POP and that also lasted all night. And all of my friends also looked absolutely gorgeous; they were all super pleased. I cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Corriveau · Married on 06/21/2019

Efficient & Flawless!

I am so glad I picked Make up by Ana B for my wedding hair and make up. There are so many options out there, but look no further- just book them and move onto your next thing to do! They will not disappoint. I did my trial with Nancy (makeup) and Melissa (hair) and was very pleased with the outcome. The trial was important to confirm what tools held my hair well and to test out airbrush, etc. The day of the wedding we had 4 artists total- Nancy, Melissa, Jasmine and Uzma for 13 ladies. They were scheduled for 10:30am-3pm and I was a little skeptical that we would get through 13 ladies in 4.5 hours- well they finished almost an hour early!! Everyone looked flawless- zero complaints! My hair held well and I didn't have to touch up my make up once. Would highly recommend!

Makeup by Ana B 21
    Makeup by Ana B 22
    Makeup by Ana B 23
    Makeup by Ana B 24
    Sent on 08/05/2019

Kelly · Married on 06/15/2019

Melissa and Nancy were amazing to work with!

I loved my wedding day look! Melissa and Nancy instantly understood the look I was going for when we met for my trial. I had a few small changes for the final look and they incorporated them well. The bridesmaids and moms looked fabulous as well! All of their hair and makeup held up for the whole night. Monica, their business coordinator, was responsive to all of my questions and added services - she made the lead up to the wedding so easy!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful to work with!

Ana B was great to work with. I was so pleased with my wedding hair and make up. Jasmine and Hala were both wonderful and come high recommended. They asked for feedback after my trail and made all requested small changes once my wedding day rolled around. The two of them and one assistant were able to complete all of my wedding party's hair/ make up, stay on schedule and were great company! Hope to have the chance to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • Tara

Tara Zachariah · Married on 05/24/2019

Hire this team for hair and makeup, you won't regret it!

I cannot say enough about how incredible Ana's entire team is and how special they made my May 2019 wedding. Every step was wonderful: from Monica with logistics and Ana behind the scenes making sure I was happy, to Nancy Gaona (makeup) and Pam Dioquino (hair) during trials and the day of the wedding. Nancy and Pam were patient, gave expert advice and worked with me until I was confident and satisfied.

I am the bride that researched every option for every vendor, and was back and forth about looks for hair and makeup. This crew was perfection and absolutely worth every penny. Not to mention, Nancy and Pam are wonderful women who I just loved hanging out with on my wedding day and during trials. That's a huge element and one I didn't know would be as important as it was.

My four bridesmaids loved working with them and their looks as well, and it isn't an easy feat to make a diverse group happy.

Definitely hire them, you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Severance · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing, talented, friendly team to create your perfect look(s)!

I absolutely, completely, wholeheartedly, 110% recommend working with Makeup by Ana B for your bridal/wedding party hair and makeup! This may have been one of the easiest and best parts of my wedding planning process - the business coordinator was extremely responsive, communicative, friendly, and helpful throughout the booking, artist selection, and scheduling process all the way from first contact until my wedding was over. The prices are extremely reasonable and more than worth it for the high level of care and service I received.

Mindy was incredible for hair - she not only helped me figure out what I wanted for my wedding hair and then gave me it to exactly, but she also did a variety of styles based on what each girl wanted and everyone's was perfect! Everyone was totally happy with how hers turned out, which was amazing. I had Uzma for makeup and she is a true gem! She was so intuitive and talented in taking the inspiration or general ideas I had and making suggestions and adjustments to really accentuate my features and create my PERFECT bridal look. She also individualized makeup for each girl's unique requests and everyone loved their look. While satisfying the individual requests, Mindy and Uzma also managed to make all the looks cohesive so we all fit together and no one looked out of place. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day and I'm so grateful to both Mindy and Uzma for creating that for me.

While not specifically related to the beauty services, I think it is also worth noting that Mindy and Uzma are both amazing people who 1) provided a calming influence when I had pre-wedding stress and 2) really added to the fun in the bridal suite while we were getting ready. Both were fun, friendly, and adaptable to any changes thrown at them (in addition to being wonderful artists). I fully intend to work with both of them again for future events.

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Sandy

Sandy · Married on 05/11/2019

Best decision ever!

I did a lot of research on finding the perfect hair and make up team for myself and my bridesmaids. The MAB team was perfect! I had a variety of girls with different skin tones, different hair textures, and just a bunch of us overall. I did a trial two months before the wedding. It was great cause Ana who did my hair knew I was going to get hair color done and had me take pictures to show my colorist. Such a great idea because my hair colorist made my hair look even more bomb! Shenoa made sure that I worked my makeup and give her feedback after so I can really see what I may need fix. The MAB team did such a great job on my girls and I! We looked amazing and felt amazing, I'm so thankful I picked such a great team of artists to work with my girls.

Makeup by Ana B 25
    Makeup by Ana B 26
    Makeup by Ana B 27
    Makeup by Ana B 28
    Sent on 05/23/2019

Meg P · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful experience with Makeup by AnaB

I highly recommend Makeup by AnaB for your wedding hair and makeup in the DC area. They were professional and talented and I really enjoyed working with them. They are also very reasonably priced and a great value. Monica (the business coordinator) was very responsive which I so appreciated after some long delayed responses from other vendors. I did my trial with Gabby (hair) and Suz (makeup) and they were both sweet and talented. They took feedback so well and really listened to my preferences. Unfortunately Gabby was unwell leading up to my wedding (which I completely understood) but Ana (the owner) passed on all of my requests and feedback to Stefani to step in and and she did a great job. On the day of, Suz and Stefani were so sweet to my whole bridal party and Stefani even gave my 87 year old grandmother a complimentary hair style. I should mention that it poured during my outdoor ceremony and my hair and makeup stayed put all night. I am in love with my photos and seriously felt beautiful all day despite the rain and moisture in the air.

Sent on 08/21/2019