Makeup by Ana B Reviews

148 | Vienna, VA

148 Reviews for Makeup by Ana B

Samantha · Getting married on 10/23/2021

Made this COVID bride feel special

Cori was FABULOUS. She was so personable, I could have talked with her for hours. She did such an incredible updo and stunning makeup look, the first thing my husband said when he saw me was "oh my gosh, you look gorgeous." My hair and makeup stayed put all day long, even withstanding COVID mask use. Total professionalism and perfection. 5 stars through and through

Sent on 11/23/2020

Paula Wilson · Getting married on 03/10/2021

Exactly What I Was Looking For

Ok, I am picky about my makeup. I was close to doing it myself but the idea of doing my own makeup and 6 bridesmaids and mothers was too much. Not only did MAB give myself and all my ladies amazing makeup and hair looks, their professional staff really made everyone feel so at ease on my wedding day. It was so comforting having a group of professional, confident artists to make everyone look and feel their best.

I initially choose Makeup by Ana B for an unconventional reason, but the payoff was so worth it. Other makeup artists I contacted required a set contract before booking, and at the time I was planning a wedding from abroad and needed more flexibility. I was able to book my wedding date with MAB and work out the details later. MAB was incredibly responsive to questions, flexible to my needs, ORGANIZED, and most importantly -- delivered amazing looks and **confidence** for myself and all my ladies.

They finished hair & makeup for 11 women under schedule, and addressed everyone's unique needs --- oily skin, sensitive skin, curly hair, thin hair, -- everyone looked and felt amazing.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Blair Bernstein · Married on 10/17/2020

Great experience with Uzma of MAB!

I hired Uzma to do my wedding day hair and makeup. She came for a trial earlier this summer and I was super happy with her work and she was a joy to be around. Because of that, I actually ended up hiring her to do my rehearsal dinner look, in addition to wedding day. Overall, super positive experience!!

Sent on 11/24/2020

Lily Slocum · Married on 10/05/2020

Made me feel truly my best!

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Hala and Stefani! I'm self-conscious about my skin and not often very confident, but I felt absolutely amazing on my wedding day and it was all thanks to their talent and kindness that morning. I also deeply appreciated Monica for being so flexible and accommodating with all my changes and requests; I didn't want to be a demanding bride and her organization and quick responses were so reassuring. I will absolutely recommend MAB to anyone looking for hair and makeup, and I hope to have a reason to come back in the near future!

Sent on 10/16/2020
  • Britany

Britany Higdon · Married on 09/26/2020

Perfect Hair and Makeup for Wedding

I’m so happy I booked Makeup by Ana B for my wedding hair and makeup! I booked Suz and Stefanie, and they did an amazing job!! I don’t wear a ton of makeup, and the level was perfect for my wedding. It completed the look. Stefanie did an amazing job with my hair!! I even changed my mind the day of the wedding, and she pulled it off perfectly! I got so many compliments & they were amazing to work with!

Sent on 10/13/2020

Kelly Biggs · Married on 09/12/2020

Thank you to the MAB Artistry Team!!!!!

From start to finish, the MAB team was stellar. I booked them only a month and a half out from our re-finagled small family ceremony. Without time for a trial, the team had me send photos of hair and makeup I liked, as well as any accessories they would be working with.

Stefani and Hala were so great to work with on the day-of. I so appreciated the time they took to ask questions about my preferences (especially since we didn't do a trial!) and they were so flexible about setup (we were doing makeup/hair right in front of the door of the tiny cottage we were staying at in order to get the best light!). My hair and makeup held up throughout our entire outdoor celebration (literally ALL outdoors because of COVID), and still looked stunning into the evening hours. I can't thank them enough for their work!

Sent on 09/21/2020

Kelsi Feltz · Married on 08/22/2020

Very professional and great styling skills!

Makeup by Ana B done by HMU Artist Uzma was amazing. Their staff had great and clear communication prior to and after my trial and wedding appointments. Uzma reviewed my notes in advance of our appointments and was responsive to feedback. We changed things up for my hair after my trial and she did a great job with the new style. I received many compliments and felt that both my hair and makeup fit my natural style while also being 'amped' up enough for the wedding and photos. Uzma was also nice to chat to and provided a fun, reassuring presence on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/21/2020

Rachel Morehouse · Married on 07/27/2020

Stunning Wedding Look

I cannot say enough positive things about my wedding makeup/hair experience with Ana B. She thoughtfully listened to my ideas for a wedding look, and she helped me narrow my thoughts to the perfect colors, style, and level of glam. I initially thought I would do my own makeup and hair for my big day, but I am so unbelievably glad that I chose to work with a true professional. My makeup and hair trial was amazing and made me feel so confident, which put me at complete ease for my wedding day. It is clear after working with Ana for even just a short time that she is truly a master artist. I also have to say that everyone I came into contact with at Makeup by Ana B was friendly, helpful, and very quick to respond. Given the chance, I would have Ana do my hair and makeup for literally every single occasion, and I cannot wait to work with her again!

Sent on 08/13/2020
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 05/30/2020

100% recommend

Makeup by Ana B came recommended to me from a bridesmaid of one of their other weddings. She told me how beautiful all of the bridesmaids felt and I knew I wanted to work with them. My trial went so smoothly and my vision was perfectly executed. I’d never felt more beautiful and my makeup and hair stayed put all night, even through an August wedding!

Sent on 08/03/2020
  • Alee

Alee Wade · Married on 03/14/2020

100% Recommend

MAB Artistry was awesome- they were very prompt and responsive prior to the big day. My artists (Nancy & Melissa) did such a great job with my hair and make-up- my hair and makeup lasted all day and into the night! They did a great job modifying my trial look to make it work on my wedding! They also did hair and makeup for 7 of my bridesmaids and the Mother of the Groom, and everyone loved their looks!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Katrina

Katrina · Married on 03/06/2020

Amazing beauty team!

It was an absolute pleasure working with Ana B and her team. Monica was very responsive and helpful during the planning process. On the day of I had Nancy, Melissa, and Uzma. I loved my hair and make up during my bridal trial, but decided to change it up on the day of with no second trial. The day of was a completely different look and they nailed it! The artists were also very friendly and fun to have around the day of. Would highly recommend Ana B's team to anyone!

Sent on 04/13/2020

Julie Fitzgerald · Married on 02/09/2020

Wonderful HMUAs!

Makeup by Ana B came recommended by photographer and it didn’t disappoint! I worked with Eva and Jasmine and they were fabulous. They stayed cool, calm and collected throughout the day and even as it came down to crunch time for photos! Everyone commented on our hair and makeup and my bridesmaids and moms loved their looks! Highly recommend Makeup by Ana B!

Sent on 11/19/2019

Sapna Sharma · Married on 01/18/2020

Ideal hair/makeup experience for your big day!

Working with MAB was a dream from start to finish. Dealing with so many wedding vendors can be overwhelming, so finding a makeup/hair company that made things easy, fun, and positive was important for me! I was looking for artists who could make me look glam while still looking like myself. After weeks of searching, I knew from MAB’s Instagram that I wanted to work with them—and the ease of the booking process (Monica is SO organized, it made my life so much easier) made it clear I made the right choice. My bridal trial with Stefani and Shenoa was perfect and not stressful in any way. After showing them pics of what I wanted, both of them worked with me to stay true to what I had envisioned—AND they were so easy to talk to! On my wedding day, I wasn’t even the least bit concerned with what I was going to look like. Stefani and Shenoa were so calm and assured, and Shenoa even brought me lipstick that I had tried on at my trial that had been discontinued! My bridal party loved their looks and everyone was ready and beautified right on time! Stefani and Shenoa stayed for my second look, and it was just so special. The girls are not only talented and professional, they brought so much love and positivity with them on my wedding day! I would 100% work with them again—and will surely find an excuse to find a day soon!

Sent on 04/07/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley N Mattison · Married on 12/14/2019

Stunning Make-up and Hair

Make-up by Ana B help me and my wedding party look absolutely stunning on my wedding day. From the initial consult and trial run, to the day of they were fantastic. Stephanie created the most gorgeous hair looks for each of my bridesmaids, as well as my mother and daughter. Hala worked with each women to create a stunning look that complimented their unique style. The fact that they came to the hotel made everything easy, and I cannot say enough about their service, professionalism, and TALENT! My hair and makeup stayed impeccable throughout the ceremony, reception and well into the night!!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Kelly · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfection!

Ana and her team are AWESOME. I did a trial with Ana and Shenoa over a year out from my wedding and immediately knew I wanted to book with the Makeup by Ana B team! For my trial, I provided some inspiration photos for both hair and makeup and both came out exactly like I wanted. Leading up to the wedding day, I communicated with Monica back and forth as I added services, removed services, and changed services for my bridal party, moms, and flower girls. She was always super quick to respond and never once had any issues with my requests, despite the number requests and questions I came to her with! The week of the wedding, Monica provided a beauty schedule for all of us so we all knew when we'd have what service done and with who. Come the wedding day, my hair was a bit longer and the wedding look/feel had evolved a bit, so we made some slight adjustments from when I had trialed the year before, but my hair and makeup came out even more perfect, if that's even possible! All the bridesmaids, flower girls, and moms also loved how everything turned out. Everyone looked flawless, not only upon finishing, but throughout the entire day and night! Despite the amazing hair and makeup done, we also finished ahead of schedule, with 19 total services completed between 7:30AM and 12:45PM. All in all, I couldn't recommend Makeup by Ana B more!

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Priscilla

Priscilla Ro · Married on 11/09/2019

Great Hair and Makeup Artist Duo

I loved Melissa’s and Nancy’s work on the big day! Both the bridal party and I loved our hair and makeup! Everyone looked lovely and everyone’s hair and makeup lasted the entire day until the reception ended! I am truly grateful for their work and would not only love to hire them again for any future big events, but would also certainly recommend them to anyone looking for professional hair and makeup artists. They’re a great team and are an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 02/24/2020

Megan · Married on 10/19/2019

Suz and Uzma are amazing!!

Suz and Uzma did our makeup and hair on our wedding day and I can’t say enough about them!! Not only did the bridesmaids, mom, mother-in-law, and my hair and makeup come out absolutely perfect, but they finished ahead of schedule!! Suz and Uzma were so sweet and they were so much fun to be with while we were getting ready. They did such a fantastic job I would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Amelia

Amelia Friedman · Married on 10/19/2019

Fabulous, easy experience

I had the best experience with Makeup by Ana B. Both my hair and makeup artists were fabulous, kind, flexible people. They were very responsive during my trial, and I was thrilled with their work the day of the wedding. Highly highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/25/2019

Marisa · Married on 10/13/2019

Best HMU team!!

I could not have been happier with Suz and Jasmine and their services on our wedding day. Truly, they knocked it out of the park! All of our hair held up through an unexpected rainstorm and everyone looked and felt beautiful!

I also want to say, their genuine compassion and kindness while helping us get ready was incredible. Suz and Jasmine made sure everyone was VERY happy with their look and felt beautiful (which we did!!!). It's little things like that that make me so appreciative we chose you for our wedding day.

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Andrea

andrea k · Married on 09/27/2019

Highly Recommend!

I had a fantastic experience with Hala for makeup and Uzma for hair for myself and 4 of my family /bridal party. It was easy and clear communicating with Monica via email. Most importantly, we were all over the moon happy with the work - we all looked gorgeous!! I highly recommend getting the air brush foundation - it looked flawless. Hala and Uzma were extremely kind to all of us and they worked well within our time frame to make sure we were ready to go. I even changed up the hairstyle I wanted from my trial and Uzma still rolled with it. It was a completely stress free and enjoyable experience and I'm SO happy with how everything turned out. I really can't say enough good things and highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 09/21/2019

Talented, seamless, such a joy!

Ana and her team were truly phenomenal. Everything was so seamless. The team was so calm, cool and collected, which made for a really enjoyable, comfortable, no-pressure, totally positive getting-wedding-ready environment. I had the privilege of working with Ana for both my rehearsal dinner and our wedding, and I wish there could have been 100 more events to have Ana's team do hair and makeup. The weekend was magical for me and for all those who got to enjoy the services of the MAB team. I've been in my fair share of weddings and have seen and been serviced by plenty of hair and makeup teams. Undoubtedly, I can say that Ana and her team were not only incredibly talented and made every one of us feel like our best selves, but just such a joy to be around.

Thank you all so much for your involvement in our wedding. It was a dream come true!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Alexandria · Married on 09/14/2019

9.14.2019 Wedding

Ana and her team are AMAZING! The skillset they have is unlike any other team I have ever seen! My wedding makeup and hair was exactly what I wanted as well for all of my bridesmaids. I will definitely be using Ana and her team for any future events. Thank you so much for making my wedding day the best!

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Candice

Candice Rodgerson · Married on 09/13/2019

Amazing Experience!

I cannot say enough great things about my experience with Makeup by Ana B. From the moment I contacted them to enquire about my wedding day services, there were always friendly and prompt responses. Once I went for my trial with Melissa and Nancy, I knew I had made the right decision. They both listened to me and delivered exactly what I wanted with my hair and makeup! On my wedding day, an additional artist, Kory, was brought on to help with my wedding party and mothers of the bride & groom. Melissa, Nancy, and Kory delivered exactly what each of us wanted! It was incredible! My group was blown away. I was a little worried because I had a picky group of girls as well as many different skin types, hair types, ethnicities, and ages from 22 to 82. EVERY single one of us felt beautiful and pampered. I am so thankful to all of them for helping make my wedding day so perfect. We were all complimented throughout the night on our hair and makeup. Through tears and rain, our makeup was still perfection. If you are considering booking Makeup by Ana B, DO IT! From beginning to end, they will take such amazing care of you and your wedding party!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful Wedding Hair & Makeup!

Ana B provided amazing artists on my wedding day! Stefani, Shenoa and Martha were all wonderful! So friendly, calming and great at what they do! Everyone was so happy with their hair and makeup! I loved mine and felt like such a beautiful bride thanks to their work.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Rebecca · Married on 08/31/2019

Mindy was amazing!

My bridesmaids and I worked with Mindy for my August 2019 wedding, and she was SO AMAZING. Each of us have different types of hair and each of us wanted our own hair style, and our hair looked exactly like the photos we provided! Mindy was super nice, easy to work with, very accommodating, and works so quickly - HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND MINDY!!

Sent on 09/07/2019