Makeup by Ana B Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Ryland
    Ryland D. Married on 04/29/2022

Beautiful work and easy partner to work with!

Ana and her team were the perfect partners for my bridal party hair and makeup! They made me feel so special at my trial and then again on my wedding day, and they navigated my large bridal party with ease, keeping us all on time. Everyone was so thrilled with how they looked - I couldn't recommend them more!
    Lauren I. Married on 04/23/2022

Whether your style is natural or dramatic- they've got you covered

I had Vasa and Eboni provide makeup services for 11 of us total, including bridesmaids, my sisters, my mom/MIL, and me (bride). The made my already gorgeous crew that much more gorgeous! They listened to each of us and took to heart our preferences, for example, I wanted a more natural look for my skin, while one of my bridesmaids wanted a full glam show! Even though several of us needed to get ready, they kept everyone on schedule and relaxed while doing so!
  • Anne
    Anne Married on 04/08/2022

Best In the Business

The Makeup by Ana B team is the best in the business. They are so talented and really listened to everyone's vision for their hair and makeup. They were kind and flexible when we had to reschedule twice. I used Hala for makeup and Cori for hair and could not have loved them more.
  • Jill
    Jill S. Married on 04/02/2022

Beauty experts!!

I hired Makeup by Ana B for my wedding and they were absolutely incredible. I LOVE how my hair and makeup came out and the girls were so friendly and great to work with. Their little studio in VA is just adorable and I would definitely hire them again!
    Jacqueline Married on 12/18/2021

Beautiful!

MAB Artistry saved the day when I decided I wanted hair and makeup done a month before my microwedding. They were extremely responsive and accommodating to my needs. I scheduled a hair trial with Uzma and she and I worked together to determine what style was best for my hair type. Even better, she made notes on what to do differently on the big day. I didn't have a trial with Shenoa but I knew that my makeup would be great based on her portfolio. I wasn't disappointed. My makeup was both natural and glamourous. Both artists arrived promptly to the venue and were extremely helpful and professional. Uzma, Shenoa, and MAB Artistry made me feel so beautiful and I'm forever thankful!
  • Loryn
    Loryn M. Married on 11/20/2021

The best hair/makeup choice!

I'm so glad I chose Makeup by Ana B for our wedding. They were responsive, professional, and talented. Cori (hair) and Tanya (makeup) made me feel like my best self and the wedding day hair/makeup was identical to what I loved at the trial. All of the bridesmaids, etc. felt beautiful and the artists really listened to what each individual wanted. I would recommend them to anyone!
    Maggie D. Married on 11/13/2021

Awesome Experience!

Hala and Lexi were phenomenal - very professional, diligent and took the necessary precautions for my small COVID wedding in 2020. They did a great job and I felt beautiful. I was so grateful that they were still willing come given the circumstances and it only made me that much more excited to work with them again in 2021 for our larger wedding. Scheduling was also very easy and they were always very responsive. I didn’t have all my girls for the small 2020 wedding and they had no problem waiving the minimum payment to accommodate the circumstances. Highly recommended!
    Christa Married on 11/07/2021

Exceeded expectations!

I can't say thank you enough to Uzma and Vasa at MAB Artistry for their top-notch services at my November 7 wedding. I had always wondered how anybody was going to get *this* to look bridal, but that’s why you leave it to the pros! My appreciation to Uzma for working with my hair’s naturally very curly texture and creating a look that suited me perfectly — anything involving a flat iron and straight hair just wouldn’t have been me. And my appreciation too to Vasa for making me look like the best version of myself and for taking a genuine interest in my feedback after the makeup trial to perfect the look for the wedding day.

They also styled the rest of women in the wedding party (and were pretty fast too without sacrificing quality). We were all a little bit different in terms of hair texture and length, and skin tone, but everyone was so pleased with the results!

I would also like to add that most importantly, everything STAYED 100% in place in even after several hours of vigorous dancing and a little bit of sweating. Couldn’t have asked for better!
    Jessica N. Married on 11/06/2021

Amazing and effortless

I loved our day and I LOVED Maria. We worked together for my engagement pictures and I knew I’d be in amazing hands for the wedding. She is so easy to work with and so so sweet. The day was so seamless with her and all the girls loved her so much as well. I got so many compliments on how beautiful I looked and it was all thanks to her. PERFECTION.
  • Jessica
    Jessica K. Married on 11/06/2021

Perfect Hair and Makeup

I had the best experiences with my hair and makeup artists from Makeup By Ana B! Lexi did my hair and took a lot of time during my trial to listen to what I wanted. My wedding day hair was perfect and lasted all night! Bianca did my makeup and I was in awe of how beautiful she made me look! It was the perfect amount of makeup to last all night and show up in photos but I never felt like I had a ton of makeup on. Working with these two ladies was a dream and I would highly recommend!
  • Rachel
    Rachel M. Married on 11/06/2021

MAB is a dream team!

MAB was a dream to work with on my wedding day! Uzma did my trial and day-of hair. She helped finalize the style I wanted based off of inspiration pics, found extensions that matched my hair color, and executed everyone's hair perfectly on the big day. She provided instructions for how to prep our hair and answered all of our questions. MAB's admin team was also great to work with and confirmed all necessary details, including the day-of hair schedule for the bridal party. All of my bridesmaids and MOB/MOG had their hair done, and everyone looked great!
  • Kanika
    Kanika M. Married on 11/05/2021

Wonderful experience

I had a wonderful experience with the Makeup by Ana B. team - Tanya (makeup) and Uzma (hair) did an incredible job on my wedding day. Uzma in particular went above and beyond as I had two looks for my hair that day, both of which turned out amazing. And both my hair and makeup lasted from morning til late at night, dance party-ing and all! My bridal party also looked beautiful, we couldn't have been happier with how our looks turned out and we got a lot of compliments! I don't think you can go wrong with any of their artists!
    Samantha Married on 10/23/2021

Made this COVID bride feel special

Cori was FABULOUS. She was so personable, I could have talked with her for hours. She did such an incredible updo and stunning makeup look, the first thing my husband said when he saw me was "oh my gosh, you look gorgeous." My hair and makeup stayed put all day long, even withstanding COVID mask use. Total professionalism and perfection. 5 stars through and through
  • Carrington
    Carrington R. Married on 09/25/2021

Stress-free wedding day with MAB

I was so pleased with how everyone’s makeup turned out! It was amazing working with Suz and put me at ease because I knew everyone would look great! I received my photos back earlier this week and have attached a few of my favorites!
  • Samantha
    Samantha E. Married on 09/25/2021

So thrilled with my hair & makeup!

My artists for my wedding day were Mindy (hair) and Bianca (makeup), and I couldn't be happier with them! They both were lovely, kind, professional and made me feel so beautiful on my special day. They worked with me and my bridesmaids, listened to our feedback, and happily made adjustments until everyone was thrilled with their final look. I loved my trial too, which was great to get to meet the ladies beforehand. The staff at MAB is very friendly, responsive and easy to work with. A great price and a favorite business among me and many fellow Virginia brides. Cannot recommend them enough!!!
    Anna W. Married on 08/28/2021

Awesome hair and make-up team

Overall I had a great experience with the MAB Team. There were some last minute changes that were handled wonderfully and professionally. Cori was amazing on hair for myself and all of my girls and did a beautiful job on my make-up. My face withstood humidity, heat, and lots of tears! Soma was wonderful on make-up for my girls as well.
    Lisa F. Married on 08/21/2021

Flawless Looks

Mindy and Bianca were our dream team! My bridesmaids and I don't wear a lot of make-up so we wanted a nice, natural look. Bianca definitely delivered and made sure that everyone's make-up was stunning. Mindy was a wizard with hair. One or two photos and she knew exactly what my bridesmaids wanted. My girls and I all felt flawless and happy with our looks and it really came through in the photos. Everyone looked stunning! In addition to the hair and make-up skills, Mindy and Bianca were both incredibly prompt, professional, and fun to work with. I can't recommend either of them enough.
  • Haley
    Haley B. Married on 08/14/2021

Wonderful experience!

MAB was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process! I booked only hair services for my wedding day for me and 8 other girls! The contract process was so easy and they were very transparent about costs and policies! Mindy did my hair and it was more than I could have even asked for! She was so sweet and fun to work with and fit right in with all of my girls! Everyone was so happy with how their hair turned out and we got so many compliments! I would highly recommend booking them for your event!!
  • Ayesha
    Ayesha H. Married on 08/13/2021

Amazing work!

Maria helped me get ready for my South Asian bridal party and did an amazing job. Not only did she make me look beautiful but she asked for how I felt about my look throughout. Very professional!
  • Nirali
    Nirali M. Married on 07/31/2021

Cori is amazing

I am beaming about my experience with MAB for the hair portion of my glam squad! Cori is absolutely fantastic - she is so easy going, easy to talk to and work with, and can do virtually any style you are dreaming of! She was absolutely wonderful to work with. After our trial together, we were able to go over notes and create the absolute most perfect looks for my big day. I can't thank her enough and the entire MAB team for making my day so special. I HIGHLY recommend them, and especially Cori! Go for it- you won't regret it!
  • Emily
    Emily M. Married on 07/10/2021

Hair and Makeup that will Last and Impress!

11 out of 10! My MAB team was professional, talented, and easy to work with! Highly recommend! Lexi, Bianca, and Maria did an amazing job and all 10 of us loved our hair and makeup! It was a hot steamy day in DC on my wedding day, and our hair and airbrush makeup stayed put all night! We were all so impressed with their fabulous job that I ended up tipping them twice! You can’t go wrong with these girls! You can rely on MAB artistry!
  • Zaynab
    Zaynab M. Married on 07/09/2021

The Best Hair & Makeup Team!

I hired Hair & Makeup by Ana B for my engagement shoot and my wedding and I absolutely loved working with them. One of the reasons I selected MAB for my wedding day styling is because I noticed that they have a lot of experience with South Asian weddings. It was important to me that they could work with my wedding colors, dress, and skin tone and they really delivered!

For my sunrise engagement shoot, Stefani and Tanya came super early to my apartment to do my hair and makeup. They were upbeat even though it was crazy early and did a fantastic job. I was excited to have the chance to work with them before the wedding because we could all get to know each other, and it helped me figure out my exact look for the wedding.

For the wedding, Stefani, Tania, and Rocio styled my wedding party and me. I couldn’t have been happier with the service – the team worked quickly and efficiently, were friendly and fun, and made all of us look and feel beautiful.

On top of all that, when we accidentally overpaid, the MAB team was kind and super professional and quickly refunded us for the overpayment, which goes to show what an honest and wonderfully run business this is!

I highly, highly recommend this team if you ever need professional hair and makeup done.
  • Eugenia
    Eugenia C. Married on 06/06/2021

Amazing beyond amazing

Lexi was AMAZING!! There are no words to explain the amazing job she did with my hair and my ladies! Everyone kept giving giving us wonderful complements on our hair. . I would HIGHLY recommend them!
  • Keri
    Keri Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing experience, highly recommend.

Best decision I made when it came to our wedding day! Such an easy company to work with and absolutely adored my hair and makeup people!! Martha and Melissa both did an outstanding job. They were so attentive and willing to answer any questions I had. I also had a bridesmaid who is vegan and they were so nice and accommodating walking her through the different products they used and helping her the day of for the wedding. Seriously have nothing but amazing things to say about both of them. So grateful they were a part of my special day.

Makeup by Ana B's reply:

Hi Keri! Thank you for such an awesome review! We love Martha nd Melissa and are super thankful to have them on our team.
    Lindsay Married on 05/29/2021

Great Experience

We used Makeup by Ana B for our wedding and wedding party makeup and hair. They did a great job on everyone's makeup and hair, were on time, and flexible! I would use them again!

Makeup by Ana B's reply:

Hi Lindsay! Thanks for great review and thanks for choosing us for your wedding hair and makeup :).