540 Mercer Street, Albany, NY 12208 Map · Phone number

About Laura Harris Photography

Hello! I'm Laura, and I live in Upstate New York with my husband Phil. I have been taking photographs for as long as I can remember; I've always been fascinated with capturing moments and turning them into memories. When it came time to apply to college, I couldn't imagine majoring in anything else besides photography. I attended the Fashion Institute of Technology, where I received an Associates Degree in Photography, from there I went on to the School of Visual Arts, where I received a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography.

Having a fine art background speaks volumes of my photography style: a mix of artistic portraiture and photojournalism. I find the greatest joy in photographing the quiet, honest moments between two people in love. My approach to documenting your wedding combines creative portraiture paired with capturing moments as they naturally unfold that when viewed together tell the story of your day. I would love to meet you and to help tell your story!

Follow Laura Harris Photography on

fbkateandalex0038

21 Reviews for Laura Harris Photography

Lauren Mcmahon · Married on 06/29/2019

Wonderful!

Laura was very easy to work with and extremely professional. She brought one assistant with her and together they captured every detail of our wedding day in beautiful, thoughtful detail. We are so happy with how our pictures turned out. Laura made sure to do the classic portraits as well as many more unique shots that we love! Overall we would highly recommend Laura Harris Photography!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Jesse

Jesse Ezekiel Tolz · Married on 06/15/2019

Wonderful Wedding Photographer!

We are so happy that we decided to go with Laura! We first fell in love with her work via the photos on her site. And she definitely did not disappoint. Laura was extremely communicative and helpful with the whole planning process. At the wedding itself, she was very calm and precise. Upon receiving our photos we realized she was quite stealthy as well, because there were plenty of candid shots we were so happy she caught. Thank you Laura for a fantastic job capturing memories that we'll look back on forever. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer on our wedding day.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Lilly · Married on 06/25/2017

Laura was so lovely to work with and we absolutely love the photos she took of our wedding. She was very chill and down-to-earth—and also warm and friendly—during the initial correspondence. On our wedding day, she arrived promptly, had her shot list and timeline drilled down, and worked very quickly but seemed totally calm and under control. I was especially impressed with the way she was able to be really creative on the fly -- coming up with unique and beautiful shots, styled with whatever was around. She has a great knack for color and light. Her photos of our wedding are really special, bright, colorful, and fun. She really captured the day for us, and we're so grateful. We highly recommend Laura!

Sent on 02/22/2018