2 Main St. #18-209, Biddeford, ME 04005 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Kivalo Photography

Based in Biddeford, Maine, Kivalo Photography is a professional photography company that specializes in weddings and other celebratory events. Kivalo, meaning ‘excellent’ in Hungarian, perfectly reflects the quality of service this company provides. This team’s main goal is to capture candid moments throughout each couple’s wedding, creating stunning imagery that transports couples back to their special day.

Experience

Patricia Takacs is the business owner and main photographer. A documenter of all of life’s big occasions, Patricia has captured over 100 weddings since starting her business. From Italy to the Carribean island of Aruba, Patricia has traveled the world and captured endless precious moments. Patricia is excited to work with couples from all over the globe and help transport them back to their special day for years to come.

Kivalo photography provides couples with an array of wedding packages and services. All packages offered include a varied collection of digital images from the festivities. Their most popular wedding packages includes an engagement session, high-resolution images, and a second photographer. Additional services and final format items include the following:

• Boudoir sessions

• Real Weddings 24

73 Reviews for Kivalo Photography

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

Best person to spend your whole wedding day with!

I booked Kivalo Photography because Patty had done my brother's wedding a few years prior, and I had loved her work. (In fact I said, "someday when I get married, I want a photographer to make me look this good on my wedding day!"). It was the best choice ever - Patty is fun and thoughtful and creative, and just a pleasure to work with.
    She gave us this amazing magazine about what to expect from wedding photography (I have never done this before, so "here's what I do for rain, here's what I worry about and not you, here's what you can think about and plan for" was SO helpful). Then, the day of, she came early and got all the details shots and scouted out photo locations on the property that I never even knew were there. Throughout the staged shots and ceremony, Patty rolled with our challenges (we are goofy and we talk a lot; we made a last-minute decision to move our October ceremony outside, literally as I was putting my dress on). You don't realize how much time you spend with your photographer on your wedding day, but they are there ALL DAY, and Patty was smart and professional but also just so fun to be around, it was like having another friend supporting us who just happened to also be making us look good in pictures. She also got ALL the shots - my husband kissing my hand as we waited to be announced at the reception, my flowergirl kissing the ring bearer's cheek after he tripped during bridal party shots, my ailing father kissing me on the forehead on the dancefloor. Our photos are amazing, it looks like something out of a magazine, I almost can't believe it was really our wedding, and Patty is 100% to credit for that :-) (Also, she had our shots back to us in just under two weeks, which I hear is exceptional turnaround time!) Can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/05/2018

kelsey · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommend!

Patty photographed our October 2018 wedding and I highly recommend her. When my fiance and I decided we wanted to get married in the fall in New England, we knew we had to act quickly to book a photographer -- it was the second vendor we booked after only the venue. In looking for a photographer, I was drawn to Patty's romantic and timeless style. Her photos are more than just images, they tell the story of the emotions felt in the moment that they were captured. We booked Patty about ten months in advance and throughout the time leading up to our wedding she sent periodic messages to check in, which were helpful to make sure we were on track and prepared for the big day. On the day of, we didn't have a coordinator and I can't say how helpful she was in corralling everyone. We had a decent sized bridal party (ten all together) and Patty was so quick and efficient with all the portraits. Again, we had a limited window for family portraits following our ceremony in our Church and she made it work. When I mentioned a trail in the middle of the woods that might be a nice spot for photos, Patty was all in. She was extremely professional and had our gallery prepared within a week of of shooting our wedding. We're so grateful for the beautiful images that she captured, we will cherish them forever. Thank you, Patty!!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Kivalo Photography Pricing

Kivalo Photography Price Rates

Kivalo Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Photojournalism, Vintage
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Second Shooter, Toning, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Negatives, Prints, Proofs

Real Weddings

• Hardy Farm
    Hardy Farm Historic Weddings

Kivalo has shot at Hardy Farm a number of times and always represents the epitome of both professionalism and artistry.

• SHE Luxe Weddings & Design
    SHE Luxe Weddings & Design Wedding Planners

Kivalo Photography is one of Maine's hidden gems (maybe not so hidden anymore). Incredible photography + cinematography results every time and every wedding. We have worked side by side with them on weddings and styled shoots, and they have always exceeded expectations.

• Lindsey L. Green
    Lindsey L. Green Wedding Hair & Makeup

Kivalo Photography is one of the best in New England. Polite, professional and a joy to work with. And beautiful photos, always!!!

• 2 Main St. #18-209 Biddeford, ME, 04005 See on map