Reno, NV 89523 Map · Phone number

About Kay Kroshus

Hello! I'm Kay, a wedding and lifestyle photographer with a love for natural light, raw emotions, and incredible landscapes. I'm based in the Lake Tahoe and Reno area, but happily travel and have shot weddings all around the world!

ciara reedit 1

Kay Kroshus 6
Kay Kroshus 7
  • Kristi

Kristi Kucharski · Married on 06/14/2019

Working with Kay was the best wedding decision we made!

Kay is literally the absolute best. Beyond being an amazing photographer she is one of the sweetest, most genuine people I have ever met. I stumbled across Kay's work on Instagram prior to our engagement and knew I had to work with her once our special day finally came. From the moment I emailed her with interest, I knew she was 'the one'. I highly value a prompt response (especially as Bride) and Kay would always respond in less that 24 hours, which is crazy, as she is insanely busy. I had the opportunity to connect with her over the phone early on and left the call feeling so confident in our vision for the big day as well as in the package we selected (Wedding Day Photos + Video + Engagement Shoot). Our Engagement photos are absolutely perfect, they are exactly what we were looking for, Kay nailed our vision, helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and made the day so much fun! I can’t even count the number of people who told me they were the most stunning photos they’ve ever seen - THIS was all because of Kay, the lighting, the poses, the attention to detail is all her. Okay now for the Wedding Day - HOLY MOLY!!! Just book her already!! Again, I cannot reiterate enough how lovely Kay is to work with, she was such an amazing addition to our wedding day. The moment Kay, Derek, and Jason arrived I knew the day would be perfect! They were professional BUT constantly had us laughing! They understood the venue, timing, lighting like the back of their hands - we knew they were going to capture the best moments. We had the best time and were so sad to say goodbye at the end of the evening. Now for the photos - again - I hope you’ve booked by now - but WOW! Kay sent a ‘sneak peak’ a week after our wedding, we were in shock! In our wildest dreams we couldn’t imagine topping our engagement photos but Kay did not disappoint. We just received our wedding photo gallery from Kay and I’m literally speechless, our photos are so breathtaking. What Kay shares on social media/her website is an EXACT representation of her work - she is a genius and does not disappoint. I cannot recommend Kay Kroshus enough - working with Kay was the best decision we made for our wedding. We cannot wait to work with her again in the future, for family photos, my husband said (and I agree) that’s a non-negotiable!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Shannon · Married on 09/28/2018

Kay is the very best of the best. Not only is she extremely talented, but she's the nicest photographer I've ever worked with. I can't tell you how many compliments I got from our guests who said, "we just love your photographer." I booked Kay a week after I got engaged -- long before our venue, even before I had a date because I knew I had to have her. Our photos came out better than I could have ever expected. So grateful for her <3

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Kay Kroshus 8
    Kay Kroshus 9
    Kay Kroshus 10

Angela Ceccarelli · Married on 09/08/2018

The Best of the Best

The absolute BEST decision we made for our wedding was hiring Kay as our photographer. Not only is she extremely talented but she is the sweetest human. It was a pleasure having her and her amazing husband Derek follow us around on our wedding day. We also had her shoot our engagement photos which was a lot of fun and the photos turned out stunning. Her images speak for themselves. Absolutely BREATHTAKING! Thank you for everything Kay & Derek. We love you guys.

Sent on 03/20/2019
    Kay Kroshus 19

Kay Kroshus FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 3,500.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 4,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

• Quality Event Design
    Quality Event Design Wedding Planners

Kay is an unbelievable Photographer! Her passion for her craft is bar none the best. In every picture taken you feel the emotion and see the love, it renders one speechless to see such a momentous occasion captured in beautiful moments that you can feel.

• Dax Victorino Films
    Dax Victorino Films Wedding Videographers

Kay Kroshus is, hands down, one of the very best wedding photographers! We have teamed up with her many times, and on all of those, we see how easily she can make any person comfortable in front of her lens - which is very important because if you feel you are awkward with your photographer, no amount of Photoshop or editing will fix that! Kay knows how to capture the right unrepeatable moments at the right time without being obtrusive and this, my friend, is the epitome of how a wedding photographer should be. She will always give you time to breathe and enjoy your wedding and will always deliver the photos that you have always dreamed of and more! You will never regret investing on Kay (and her equally charming husband+second shooter Derek). Keep it up, Kay and Derek!

• Chair7 Films
    Chair7 Films Wedding Videographers

Kaylynne has always been a pleasure to work with. She is an extremely talented photographer and has the kindest personality, she puts all of her clients at ease and is super accommodating! I always feel confident working alongside Kaylynne because I know the photos she creates are both amazing and individualized. I highly recommend Kay Kroshus Photography! -Chair7 Films