Kay Kroshus Reviews

Kay Kroshus 6
Kay Kroshus 7
  • Kristi

Kristi Kucharski · Married on 06/14/2019

Working with Kay was the best wedding decision we made!

Kay is literally the absolute best. Beyond being an amazing photographer she is one of the sweetest, most genuine people I have ever met. I stumbled across Kay's work on Instagram prior to our engagement and knew I had to work with her once our special day finally came. From the moment I emailed her with interest, I knew she was 'the one'. I highly value a prompt response (especially as Bride) and Kay would always respond in less that 24 hours, which is crazy, as she is insanely busy. I had the opportunity to connect with her over the phone early on and left the call feeling so confident in our vision for the big day as well as in the package we selected (Wedding Day Photos + Video + Engagement Shoot). Our Engagement photos are absolutely perfect, they are exactly what we were looking for, Kay nailed our vision, helped us feel comfortable in front of the camera, and made the day so much fun! I can’t even count the number of people who told me they were the most stunning photos they’ve ever seen - THIS was all because of Kay, the lighting, the poses, the attention to detail is all her. Okay now for the Wedding Day - HOLY MOLY!!! Just book her already!! Again, I cannot reiterate enough how lovely Kay is to work with, she was such an amazing addition to our wedding day. The moment Kay, Derek, and Jason arrived I knew the day would be perfect! They were professional BUT constantly had us laughing! They understood the venue, timing, lighting like the back of their hands - we knew they were going to capture the best moments. We had the best time and were so sad to say goodbye at the end of the evening. Now for the photos - again - I hope you’ve booked by now - but WOW! Kay sent a ‘sneak peak’ a week after our wedding, we were in shock! In our wildest dreams we couldn’t imagine topping our engagement photos but Kay did not disappoint. We just received our wedding photo gallery from Kay and I’m literally speechless, our photos are so breathtaking. What Kay shares on social media/her website is an EXACT representation of her work - she is a genius and does not disappoint. I cannot recommend Kay Kroshus enough - working with Kay was the best decision we made for our wedding. We cannot wait to work with her again in the future, for family photos, my husband said (and I agree) that’s a non-negotiable!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Shannon · Married on 09/28/2018

Kay is the very best of the best. Not only is she extremely talented, but she's the nicest photographer I've ever worked with. I can't tell you how many compliments I got from our guests who said, "we just love your photographer." I booked Kay a week after I got engaged -- long before our venue, even before I had a date because I knew I had to have her. Our photos came out better than I could have ever expected. So grateful for her <3

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Kay Kroshus 8
    Kay Kroshus 9
    Kay Kroshus 10

Angela Ceccarelli · Married on 09/08/2018

The Best of the Best

The absolute BEST decision we made for our wedding was hiring Kay as our photographer. Not only is she extremely talented but she is the sweetest human. It was a pleasure having her and her amazing husband Derek follow us around on our wedding day. We also had her shoot our engagement photos which was a lot of fun and the photos turned out stunning. Her images speak for themselves. Absolutely BREATHTAKING! Thank you for everything Kay & Derek. We love you guys.

Sent on 03/20/2019
    Kay Kroshus 18
    Kay Kroshus 19

marcelle · Married on 09/03/2018

Best Wedding Decision!

Kay and Derek were absolutely amazing and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to photograph my day. Not only are they awesome at what they do they are just really good people and made me feel very comfortable and calm on a day that can be a little stressful. I could say a million good things, but the point is just go with them - you will be very happy you did!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 07/21/2018

Amazing wedding photographer and Videoographer!

We are beyond happy with our photos and wedding video! We highly recommend Kay and Derek! They didn’t miss a beat with our requests and made us feel so comfortable! I added some last minute additional shots that I wanted Day of and Kay captured all of it perfectly and was so willing to add the additional ones I wanted! The wedding video was more than we could of asked for! We have watched it multiple times and everyone cried who watched it! You will not be disappointed working with this dynamic duo!

Sent on 09/22/2019
    Kay Kroshus 28
    Kay Kroshus 29
  • Nick

Nick Kounalakis · Married on 07/14/2018

Beyond expectations - we love kay and derek

Words and 5 stars are NOT ENOUGH to describe how incredible Kay and Derek were to work with.

Right from our first interaction, (which was our engagement photos) they made us feel so comfortable, confident and we built an immediate connection and most importantly, we had FUN together. It was such a pleasure getting to know Kay and Derek and working together, they simply are wonderful people and spectacular photographers.

On our special day, they were pros. They offered endless support, advice, and guidance and through the whole day, we felt confident in there ability to capture our special moments. We received our photos and videos, and we couldn't be happier. These are memories that will last a lifetime and we are just SO THANKFUL for the moments they were able to capture.

If you are lucky enough to have the chance to work with them, DO IT!!! I highly recommend photos and video!!

Kay/Derek - THANKS for incredible memories, thanks for being apart of our special day, and thanks for making me look good ( HAHA).

Sent on 11/29/2018
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 06/16/2018

If I could give Kay triple the stars I would, I don't ever write reviews but I will make an exception for this incredibly talented photographer. We had such a blast shooting our engagement pictures with her and cannot wait for her to do our wedding. She is a little ray of sunshine and so easy and fun to work with, she makes you feel like you have known her for years as soon as you meet her. I did a TON of research for our Lake Tahoe wedding photographer, I promise Kay is who has to do your wedding. Her talent is insane and she is super responsive and accommodating. Thank you Kay for everything, can't wait for next June!!

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Kay Kroshus 30
    Kay Kroshus 31
    Kay Kroshus 32

Sophie · Married on 06/10/2018

Kay and her husband were incredible to work with. They were professional but still managed to get our herd of unruly bridesmaids and groomsmen where they needed to be to take some gorgeous photos. Kay managed to get great shots without being obstrusive during the reception. Our bride and groom photos came out amazing and wondering through the sage brush with her to get the best shots was a blast. She even sent us a sneak peek of the photos within a week while we were on our honeymoon which was such a treat. We Highly recommend Kay!

Sent on 06/21/2018
    Kay Kroshus 37
    Kay Kroshus 38
    Kay Kroshus 39

Rebecca · Married on 02/24/2018

Beautiful photos, and beautiful people.

All the stars in the world are not enough to convey how fantastic Kay and Derek are, as photographers and as people. They were an absolute dream to work with for our winter wedding in Lake Tahoe. I am well overdue in writing this review! From the very first conversation with Kay, she made us feel like we were talking with a friend, and she answered all of our (many) questions leading up to the day with such patience and kindness. On the special day, Kay and Derek were fantastic - we knew they had it all under control from the start, and were incredibly sweet, enthusiastic, and super fun (even trudging through snow and braving frigid temperatures to get the perfect shots!). Their passion for their work was so evident, in every way - from how they seamlessly orchestrated the day to how they interacted with everyone and made us feel comfortable. I knew we had found special photographers in Kay and Derek, and then Kay stepped in to help bustle my dress because she knew that needed to happen - and I couldn't have been more grateful for her care and help. The photos themselves are absolutely stunning and a moving, beautiful reflection of our day. We gasped when we saw them for the first time and will enjoy reliving our special moments forever. Kay and Derek, thank you, with all our hearts, for being there for us and being the best photographers we could have asked for. You helped make our day, you captured it magnificently, and your talent is just beyond. We are so grateful to you both! If you have the opportunity to book with Kay and Derek, count yourself lucky because these two are very, very special people.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Meghan · Married on 10/14/2017

Kay was incredible! We can't give her a high enough rating. We wondered about bringing in a photographer from so far away (Lake Tahoe to the Oklahoma Panhandle). We needn't have been concerned at all. The photos from Meghan and Cody's wedding are stunning! Viewing them brought back such emotion and such wonderful memories of the day and the event. Kay was so organized and excellent at preparation and giving everyone directions on that day. We can't thank her enough for the incredible job that she (and Derek) did. They both have a gift and are artists. Their use of the environment, the light, and then sprinkling in a few black and white photos was incredible. We couldn't have made a better choice for photographer than Kay Kroshus!

Sent on 12/22/2017
    Kay Kroshus 40
    Kay Kroshus 41
    Kay Kroshus 42
    Kay Kroshus 43
    Kay Kroshus 44

Tiffany · Married on 10/07/2017

Kay is a breath of fresh air!!! No matter how off beat or traditional your wedding is, she knows how to capture every emotion! My husband and I didn't get our pictures back until 2 months later and just looking at them, we were able to remember that exact feeling we felt that day! She captured all of our guests and all the little details that we were too busy to notice. I highly recommend kaylynne, she is a rare photographer. You can tell she absolutely loves her job!

Sent on 12/22/2017
    Kay Kroshus 45

Kristen · Married on 09/24/2017

Kay is beyond amazing to work with! Not only is she flexible and accommodating, but she makes you look and feel beautiful on your special day. She has the ability to capture true emotion. When you look through the photos of your wedding it is like reliving the day all over again! We could tell what songs were playing by the way Kay captured the moment and expressions. I can not express the value you get when you choose Kay, you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/07/2017

melody · Married on 09/23/2017

It’s so tough to pick a wedding photographer but I am so over the moon with our amazing pictures. They did an amazing job, I love every single image!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Emily · Married on 09/18/2017

Oh my goodness, I'm not sure this comment box will allow me enough space to write every single positive thing I could say about the wonderful Kay Kroshus. My husband and I were married in Lake Tahoe, CA, a destination wedding for us and all of our guests. I was referred to Kay by a friend and set up a phone interview with her and several other photographers from the Reno/Tahoe area. We hit it off with Kay immediately and spent over an hour chatting with her over the phone. She took the time to patiently and expertly answer our (many!!) questions - even while feeling under the weather with a sinus infection. From that first phone call, we knew we had found both an expert artist and a genuine friend. Kay and her incredible husband, Derek, graciously and generously worked with our budget to create a photography and videography package to meet our needs. Derek is typically Kay's second-shooter, but after Kay showed us some of Derek's amazing videography, we chose to have him shoot video instead. What a dynamic, phenomenal team! Kay was so responsive to all of our questions in the weeks leading up to our wedding. The day of our event, Kay and Derek could not have been more kind, professional, and timely. Somehow they seemed to be everywhere, all at once, capturing shots all over the place! How do they do it?! We had so much fun with both Kay and Derek - they made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. When Kay sent us our "sneak peek" photos two short days later, I opened her message as I was boarding my plane home and just sobbed (happy, exuberant tears). Her photographs are so beautiful they are truly indescribable, but I'll do my best: somehow she stunningly captured every raw emotion we felt that day in ways more gorgeous than I could have ever imagined (even when battling a cold, blustery day in Tahoe with a floor-length veil). Our family will cherish these incredible photos forever. Kay, you are truly the best in the business!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Kasey · Married on 09/08/2017

Kay and her husband Derek were so amazing to work with. I had a strict timeline and didn't want to spend a ton of time taking pictures, but I wanted a lot of candid shots. Kay and Derek took the time to capture formal portraits and a ton of candid shots; I had a hard time choosing which were my favorite, because I loved them all. We had a ton of family and friends who came from out of town, and they made sure to get plenty of pictures of all of those people, particularly my maternal grandparents that I am very close to. Kay and Derek are so talented, flexible, and kind. I HIGHLY recommend them for your big day!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/14/2017

Kay and Derek were a dream to work with. Everything went so smoothly and they made us feel so relaxed and comfortable during the entire process. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our day. I am in love with every photo, and we have gotten so many compliments! These two are truly the best at what they do!

Sent on 09/29/2017
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/24/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Kay Kroshus Photography. We purchased an engagement & wedding photography package with Kay Kroshus, and the pictures are nothing short of amazing. From the very beginning, Kay made us feel confident that we were making the right decision by hiring her. One worry we initially had when searching for a photographer was finding someone who could who could adequately photograph both my husband and I (he is black and I'm white, which can make correct exposure difficult). Kay explained the process to us, which put us at ease and made our decision much easier. Furthermore, neither of us have had much experience in front of a professional camera lense. That being said, her kind demeanor and knowledge of beautiful photography made us feel comfortable and, quite frankly, she made us look like pros! I cannot wait to hang our photos all over our home. I can say with confidence that you will not be disappointed with your photos or the quality of service that you receive from this amazing photographer.

Sent on 08/25/2017

Korin · Married on 04/08/2017

Kay and her husband were recommended by our wedding planner and exceeded our expectations. They braved an April snow storm and took outdoor photos with us that turned out amazingly beautiful. They had great attitudes, were relaxed and easy to work with, and really made us feel comfortable. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/14/2017

Danielle · Married on 09/24/2016

Kay & her husband are incredible & we have the most beautiful photos to cherish for the rest of our lives! We have used Kay for other family events because we love her so much.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/10/2016

We love Kay and her beautiful photos! She shot our engagement and wedding photos, and my husband and I couldn't be happier with them! She captured the magic of our wedding day SO perfectly. Not only are her photos absolutely gorgeous, she has to be one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I'm an awkward mess in front of a camera, but Kay and Derek (her husband and partner) made me feel completely comfortable and at ease. We were laughing and chatting the entire engagement session, and by the time our wedding came we felt like old friends. She's really great at giving you direction, helping you pose and getting the lighting and angles of each photo just right. The quality of her images, her professionalism and her sweet demeanor are unmatched!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Eric · Married on 08/04/2016

Kay is an amazing photographer. She is extremely personable and fun to be around. We felt comfortable and had a lot of fun during the shoots. The pictures are stunning and worth every penny. I am so happy we will have them to remember our special day(s). I would recommend Kay to everyone.
    Eric

Sent on 10/12/2016

Amber · Married on 08/04/2016

If you are looking for a fun, adventurous, and professional photographer definitely go with Kay Kroshus! She took mine and my husbands engagement and wedding photos and just went above and beyond. I can't thank her enough!
    Kay and her second shooter, Derek, have such fun and easy going personalities and have a great relationship dynamic. It was so much fun to spend time with them during our sessions. We got really nice pictures and it didn't feel awkward to be ourselves around them. It was really easy to act natural in front of them, which made it easy to pose for the camera. They are so talented. Kay has an eye for detail, always helping you know how to pose when the shot calls for it. They captured all of the love and excitement shared between my spouse and I.
    For our engagement session, it was almost like we went on a canoeing/hiking adventure with Kay and Derek, and ended up with amazing photos afterwards. The experience was one to remember! Plus, everyone loved our engagement photos on the wedding announcement and I have a new place I'd like to go camping!
    Our wedding photos just blew me away when I saw them for the first time! Kay captured every moment perfectly. I am so thankful to her. I will always cherish the gift she gave me to be able to look though my photos and remember my wedding day perfectly. <3 <3 <3

Sent on 10/12/2016

Julia · Married on 07/15/2016

Kay was recommended by our wedding consultant and we are very happy with the service. From start to finish, Kay worked within our budget and time-constraints, she made the nervous and camera-shy bride and groom feel calm and relaxed, she captured and created key moments, and beautifully incorporated the outside wedding venue.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Katy · Married on 05/28/2016

I had such an amazing time with Kaylynne. She really makes you feel so comfortable in front of the camera! We've been using kaylynne for all of our photo shoots and we will continue to use her forever!

Sent on 09/09/2016

Jess · Married on 05/20/2016

KayKroshus Photography is amazing! She is professional and with you every step of your special day! We absolutely love our photos and are impressed by her professionalism, you don't even realize she's there until the photos turn out and she's captured every special moment. Kaylynne makes you feel comfortable even if you're not used to being in front of a camera. Such a fun day, and largely due to Kaylynne. Our photos turned out better than we ever hoped! Definitely recommend!!

Sent on 07/14/2016