Bangor, ME 04401 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $6,000
Availability Check your date

About Kate Crabtree Photography

Hi! I'm Kate Crabtree, a wedding photographer who makes joyful and bold documentary wedding photos set against a variety of stunning Maine landscapes. By candidly photographing your wedding day, I seek to capture authentic, fleeting moments that will help encapsulate the love you feel for your friends, your family, and of course your fiance. I am a Fearless award winner, was recently named one of the Top 50 US wedding photographers by Weddzilla, and I have been published in Real Maine Weddings, Maine Magazine, Seacoast Weddings, Style Me Pretty, Junebug Weddings, amongst others.

No matter whether your wedding is taking place on the coast, in the mountains, at a private estate or a quaint seaside inn, I'm excited to capture the moments and the love that will define your wedding forever.

Follow Kate Crabtree Photography on

Kate Crabtree Photography 5
Kate Crabtree Photography 6
Kate Crabtree Photography 7

Alex Silver · Married on 05/26/2019

Oh my goodness, Kate is the best!

Booking Kate was the best decision we could have possibly made for our wedding photography. As soon as we booked our venue, they suggested reaching out to Kate to see if she would be available (and warned us to get a move on since she was so popular). Thankfully she had our wedding date free, and from the minute I met her I knew she would be our photographer. Kate is professional, organized, charming and easy to talk to. She took an immediate interest in learning what would make our wedding special, and was amazingly helpful throughout the planning process.

I was so excited to have her with us for our wedding - and she somehow managed to exceed my expectations! Kate and her second photographer Ashley were the perfect additions to our families on our special day. They were so much fun to spend time with, and we truly felt like we had two of our best friends taking the photos, even though we had all just met. Since our big day we have loved seeing the beautiful photos and have been so impressed with the speed with which Kate has gotten us our photos. Not only are the photos stunning, but Kate and Ashley managed to capture the joy and emotion of the day in a way that is truly poetic. They are magical!!

I truly cannot say enough positive things about Kate and could continue singing her praises forever. Long story short: if Kate is available on your wedding date, BOOK HER!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Emma · Married on 04/27/2019

One of the best decisions we made

I’ve known Kate for decades. When she started her photography business, I started following with interest. By the time I was planning my wedding, I knew there was no other choice for me: Kate had to photograph my wedding. Her work was breathtaking (stylistically photojournalist, which is my preferred style) and I knew she would be great to work with. She had already seen me at some of my worst moments and had been there for some of my best (thanks to a shared sport). She was a calm, positive influence through it all. Despite not seeing her in about 10 years, we picked up right where we left off – friendly, excited to connect on our similarities, and totally focused on the task at hand. I kid you not that the second I signed my contract with Point Lookout, I signed my contract with Kate. She was that important to me.

Kate was a huge resource through much of my planning – I sent her my pre/post wedding shots (all the family portraits, etc.), and she gave me realistic timelines. I ran my day-of schedule by her and Jess at Point Lookout a month or two in advance, and was able to ensure we got all the shots we wanted. We even were running 30 minutes ahead of schedule by the time the wedding was scheduled to start!

I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer duo for my wedding. Kate and her second, Ashley, were wonderfully positive, friendly, and encouraging. I much prefer to be behind the camera lens, but both Kate and Ashley drew me out with shared jokes and made sure I was having fun. She got all the shots I wanted and then some. It’s been so hard to choose the favorites I want to share – the photos where we’re getting ready, the portraits of my husband and I, my sister-in-law performing the ceremony, how I forgot my bouquet with my Maid of Honor but got one of the sweetest photos of my husband and I that I’m sure I will ever see, dancing in the rain during dusk, the parent dances, the speeches, and moments on the dance floor I missed. Kate and Ashley captured it all. I’ve loved looking through the photos to the point where I can’t decide which ones I want to feature the most!

To top it off, Kate knew we were under a time crunch. My husband was deploying soon after we got married, and she worked insanely hard to get us our photos before he left so we could enjoy them together. Kate didn’t just make our day personal, she made our overall experience personal. I didn’t have to request updates for photos (I understood it might take 2 months! She’s got a ton of other clients and puts care into her work!), she was in contact with me the whole time. I would hire her again in a heartbeat if I ever had a reason to. She was easily one of the best and earliest decisions of our wedding planning process. I can’t wait to make my way back to Bangor to thank her in person (again!).

Sent on 07/08/2019

Jamey · Married on 10/24/2017

I wanted to post now, just after getting back from our honeymoon. I can comment on our experience with Kate, which was terrific in every way. We’ve already gotten a sneak peak of our photos and the one we’ve seen is stunning! I’ll be happy to post again after we’ve received the photos, but there is already so much to say.

First of all, Kate’s photos: uh, hello...if you haven’t seen them. Go, thee, to the website, and check them out now. Even if you are not getting married. I told her once that they really are just worth seeing. Art for art’s sake. You don’t even have to be interested in weddings or know the people in them. You’ll feel like you do. She draws you in. She finds the moment. She finds the story. She finds the connection and the personality and brings it life in an unusual, gripping, surprising, and revealing way. Well, her work speaks for itself. What I want to comment on additionally here is how great she is to work with. She makes you feel right at home. We were both so comfortable around her and she has a way of encouraging your true self to burst free without inhibition. The same goes for your “couple self.” It’s exactly what you want for your day. Permission. Encouragement to be you and you together. Not frozen or forced conventional poses that you must assume but your inner story and quirk being wedding whisperered out of you. My spouse and I eloped this October in Ogunquit, ME and wondered if it would feel sad or lonely (it was truly just us—no family or friends) but it didn’t at all and Kate was a part of that magic of belonging. She was present and supportive in all the right ways and disappeared without us even knowing when the moment called for it. She has a true calling, and she’s a true professional. She’s also a ton of fun. You won’t be sorry you hired her.

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Kate Crabtree Photography 8

Kate Crabtree Photography FAQ

• What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 6,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter

• Bangor, 04401 See on map