560 Ohio St., Bangor, ME 04401 Map · Phone number

About Kate Crabtree Photography

Hi! I'm Kate Crabtree, an award-winning documentary wedding photographer who makes joyful and bold wedding photos set against a variety of stunning Maine landscapes. By candidly photographing your wedding day, I seek to capture fleeting, emotional moments that will help encapsulate the love you feel for your friends, your family, and of course your significant other. All you have to do is enjoy your wedding day, and I'll take care of the rest, making photos that tell your wedding day story in an artistic and emotive manner.

No matter whether your wedding is taking place on the coast in a tent, in the mountains, in Acadia National Park, at a private estate or a quaint seaside inn, I'm excited to capture the moments, especially the unexpected ones, that will define your wedding forever.

Follow Kate Crabtree Photography on

maine wedding 02 51 476597 158628217918289

32 Reviews for Kate Crabtree Photography

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2019

The best photos we will ever have of ourselves

There are not enough amazing things I can say about Kate. If I could give her 10 stars on everything, I would! A phenomenal photographer that I could trust was my #1 must have for our wedding. I had seen her work from a friend's wedding years before and immediately sought her out when the time came for ours. Having a photography background myself, I was VERY picky about our photographer choices, and found myself always comparing everyone else to Kate. Her images captured the feel, the emotions, the action, and the dramatic natural landscape perfectly. All of these things were important for us on our day. She's not a filter kind of gal; she understands the technical aspects behind great photography and I trust her 1000%. Her second photographer (Ashley) was also amazing. They both made us laugh and feel comfortable, like we'd all known each other forever. If it wasn't for the two of them, our portraits would have taken forever. Kate is on point and SUPER organized. She was the best decision I made regarding our wedding (next to marrying my husband) :) THANK YOU KATE!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Enrique

Enrique Edward Lozano · Married on 06/29/2019

Blown away by the quality of the photos

I am at a loss for words when it comes to how well Kate did at photographing our wedding. She was open, available, detailed, and professional. I can recommend Kate without reservation to capture your wedding. I’m going to break my review into four sections and provide my experience with each.

1. Photograph Quality
    2. Planning and Preparation
    3. Day of
    4. Follow up

Photograph Quality

I’ll start with what most people want to know. Her photographs are spectacular. I’m uploading a few examples, but she captured everything and then some. The photographs she took really do allow me to relive the day. They captured not just the event, but the emotion and the narrative. I remember thinking to myself that we would be lucky to get a shot or two that looked like the ones on her website, but we have several dozen that impress on their own and several dozen more that bring joy to my heart every time I see them.

Planning and Preparation

Kate starts the relationship with a fairly comprehensive questionnaire. She tries to get an idea of who you are and what you are looking to capture. She asks about and knows vendors in the area. She was willing to provide recommendation or a second opinion if she knows anything. She answered any and all questions in advance of the wedding. She takes initiative to reach out and confirm any and all details.

Kate was up front and honest about all pricing for the wedding.

Day of

On the day of our wedding Kate was on time and prepared. We opted for a second photographer who split with Kate and allowed the preparation to be photographed separately. With very few exceptions Kate and her assistant were flies on the wall during the wedding. They were available, but never in the way. They were capturing all the moments but allowing everyone else to enjoy them as well. They were everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Our photography was split into four time periods.

1. Getting ready (one-on-one with the photographers)
    2. First look (staged photographs)
    3. Ceremony/Reception
    4. Family Photos (posed photographs)

The bulk of our photos were from the Ceremony/Reception. The family photos were quick and to the point (which is just how I like them to be!). The first look photos really shone a light on Kates years of experience. She and her assistant had an eye for detail. They used this to line up several amazing shots.

The follow up was excellent. She communicated very quickly what to expect and delivered everything ahead of schedule. There was even a nice amount of detail put into our post-wedding package.

I can conclude by reiterating that I recommend Kate without reservation. As someone who did not understand the value of a photographer before my wedding, I can say without a doubt that I was blown away by the value she delivered.

If you are in the Maine area and getting married, you will regret not adding Kate to your potential photographers.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Alex Silver · Married on 05/26/2019

Oh my goodness, Kate is the best!

Booking Kate was the best decision we could have possibly made for our wedding photography. As soon as we booked our venue, they suggested reaching out to Kate to see if she would be available (and warned us to get a move on since she was so popular). Thankfully she had our wedding date free, and from the minute I met her I knew she would be our photographer. Kate is professional, organized, charming and easy to talk to. She took an immediate interest in learning what would make our wedding special, and was amazingly helpful throughout the planning process.

I was so excited to have her with us for our wedding - and she somehow managed to exceed my expectations! Kate and her second photographer Ashley were the perfect additions to our families on our special day. They were so much fun to spend time with, and we truly felt like we had two of our best friends taking the photos, even though we had all just met. Since our big day we have loved seeing the beautiful photos and have been so impressed with the speed with which Kate has gotten us our photos. Not only are the photos stunning, but Kate and Ashley managed to capture the joy and emotion of the day in a way that is truly poetic. They are magical!!

I truly cannot say enough positive things about Kate and could continue singing her praises forever. Long story short: if Kate is available on your wedding date, BOOK HER!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Kate Crabtree Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4600
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 6000
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Prints

• Bangor, 04401 See on map
    2073569726 (Phone number)
    Location of (Kate Crabtree Photography)