Kara Winslow Makeup Artist

Gainesville, FL View map

Kara Winslow is an award winning, on location makeup artist based in Gainesville, FL with over 15 years experience in the beauty, entertainment and bridal industries. She has been a spokesmodel for YBF Cosmetics on Home Shopping Network since 2008 and was promoted to YBF's official USA makeup artist in 2013, while continuing to appear on air with them.

For weddings Kara comes to your location and stays with you through all touchups in photos before the ceremony and does a final touchup after the ceremony. She brings her experience with makeup for on film to your wedding day, helping to ensure that you look your best both in person and in your photos. She will travel to the location of your wedding, even out of state.

Celebrities that Kara has worked with include Miss FL USA 2014 Ashleigh Lollie, Olympic swimmers Ryan Lochte and Dara Torres, actress Lyndon Smith from 90210 and Parenthood, and country singer Natalie Nicole Green.

National companies that she has worked with include MTV Productions, AXE, Speedo, Proctor and Gamble, AT&T, USA Swimming, and UPS.

Local companies include The Refuge, Everything Earth, Courtney Lee Designs, Brad Schultz Designs, BobbyK Designs, the Harn Museum, the Hippodrome Theatre, Adore Events, Footstone Photography and many more.

Magazine work includes Ellements, The Village Journal, Gainesville Today Magazine, Home: Living in the Heart of FL Magazine, and Pocketbook Magazine.

Kara has been around the country for different gigs including a photoshoot for YBF Cosmetics in New York City with Fadil Berisha and Nashville Fashion Week.

Please visit her website, www.karawinslow.com, to see a full portfolio and resume.

• Reva
    Reva L. Married on 05/30/2021

I feel bad for any bride that doesn't have Kara on their wedding day!

Kara was highly recommended to me by my wedding planner Kristin Zupancic. I hired Kara to do our wedding and also to do my makeup for our engagement photos. When we had to postpone our wedding twice because of covid, Kara was so flexible and understanding with moving our date. When you hire Kara, you are getting soooo much more than just a makeup artist on your wedding day. She goes above and beyond and stays well past when a typical makeup artist would stay to touch you up, hold your wedding gown up so it doesn't get dirty and also make sure you have water. Did I mention I almost forgot to put my VERY EXPENSIVE veil on before walking down the aisle and it was Kara who reminded me that I needed it!! Kara did makeup for 10 of us on wedding day. Me, all six of my bridesmaids, my mother and mother-in-law as well as another one of my friends who was with us on wedding morning. Two of those people weren't even supposed to get their makeup done, but then they saw how amazing everyone looked and asked if they could get it done too and Kara again went above and beyond saying yes! She showed up right on time and finished everyone's makeup in an extremely timely manner! Everyone LOVED their makeup! Kara then traveled with me to our first look location (which was different than our venue location) and made sure I looked good in the 95 degree heat in the middle of the day...Did I mention we did our first look at the UF Stadium so she even held my dress as we jumped the fence lol! Kara stayed through the ceremony to touch me up and made me just feel so beautiful. She is a true pro and knows exactly how to make someone look their best for all their big moments. I'm so glad I hired Kara for my wedding day and I know you will be too!!
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 10/25/2019

Talented, Friendly, and Professional Wedding Makeup Artist

I hired Kara as a makeup artist for my wedding on October 25th in Gainesville. She did makeup for my four bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, and myself. She met us at the cottage where we were getting ready. Kara is an incredibly talented makeup artist and a very professional business-woman. I felt very confident in her skills and abilities to make us all look beautiful and glamorous for my wedding day. She knows what will look best for you and gives you some choices for lip and eye color. The makeup turned out so beautifully for the photos! She is fun and friendly and is a great person to have around before your wedding to help with anything you may need. She will stay until after your ceremony to do touchups and help with anything else you may need! For example, she held my dress for me while I walked downstairs to go take photos and do my first-look. Overall, I would definitely recommend Kara if you are looking for a very talented and professional makeup artist for your wedding day!
    Becky Married on 11/24/2017
    Kara was absolutely wonderful. I booked her package for 3 and she did an amazing job. My mom and MOH was very pleased and looked fabulous. She stayed around for touch-ups and assisted the photographer during photos. She is a great asset to your wedding team.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

MBC Entertainment MBC Entertainment Wedding DJs

One of the best in the industry. Amazing work and Customer service. Can’t go wrong.

Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center Best Western Gateway Grand Hotel and Conference Center Hotel Weddings

Kara is the best Makeup Artist in town and a pleasure to work with

The Plant Shoppe Florist The Plant Shoppe Florist Wedding Florists

A true professional who knows how to bring out a person's natural beauty, with the products she uses. Kara's personality sparkles almost as much as the lip gloss she applies.

Gainesville, 32601
Location of (Kara Winslow Makeup Artist)

Other vendors in Jacksonville for your wedding