1007 Fulton Street East, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 Map · Phone number

Kangaroo Kitchen & Catering 7
  • Sarah

Sarah Elizabeth · Married on 10/27/2018

Simply the Best

SIMPLY THE BEST! I used KK for my wedding reception and could not have been more happy with the entire experience.
    Chef Roman was kind, courteous, professional, and timely with everything he did. Every email we exchanged was answered quickly and thoroughly. We did a tasting at his intimate catering hub in Grand Rapids, and it was such a neat experience. We were able to bring two guests, and to be the only four guests at his service was so special. Roman was so helpful when we couldn't decide what choices to give guests. The food was all so amazing, it was a struggle! His recommendations were on point.
    Pricing was reasonable, and I honestly felt like the quality of his food far surpassed the pricing.
    At our reception guests RAVED about the food and dessert shooters(even my extremely finicky aunt did), and we were told that guests were going back for seconds and thirds of everything. The presentation was beautiful, colorful, and fresh.
    The staff of KK was friendly, warm, and helpful. They boxed up all of the leftovers for us, and my family was able to take them all home! I was so excited that I was able to eat my wedding meal the next day. They even thought to leave appetizers at the head table for us!
    Lastly, Chef Roman was catering another event the night of our wedding, but still managed to stop by later in the night. He made sure we were happy, and wanted to meet our parents. It was a thoughtful touch.
    My only regret is that I can not order some of his amazing food items on a regular basis. Time to find some excuses to order catering! Thank you Chef Roman!!!!
    Sarah Vennix (Lane)

Sent on 10/29/2018

April · Married on 07/21/2018

I can't say enough good things about Kangaroo Kitchen. From the start working with Chef Roman was fabulous, especially with us planning the wedding from out of town. He answered questions and was super responsive to all of our emails. Additionally, he worked with us when one of our guests has a special diet and was able to accommodate it no problem.

Most importantly, our guests loved the food! We had the cilantro lime shrimp, pork belly and roasted pear skewer, smoked bacon and Gouda cheese balls, and sun-dried tomato, rosemary, and cannelloni bean dip for appetizers and they were so good! The roasted vegetables, and roasted sweet potato and freekah salad were fabulous! And then the mains we chose of the beef brisket with apricot rice and the Chicken saltimbocca with the celery root mashed potatoes were both awesome! We also added their Amaretto chocolate coconut balls, which was a nice way to end the meal before cake. We had so many compliments after the wedding (and still are getting them) on the food. We could not be happier. On the day of the wedding, we had an outside ceremony and dance floor at our venue, Camp Blodgett, set up with a tent and it ended up pouring during our cocktail hour. Ashley (our lead contact on our wedding) and the Kangaroo Kitchen staff helped move tables around quickly so our band could set up inside instead. They were awesome at stepping in and helping when we had an unexpected turn in weather. And I can't thank them enough for keeping dinner and clean-up flowing despite the unexpected change in the layout last minute. My day-of coordinator said they were one of the best catering companies she has worked with. Overall, I highly recommend Chef Roman and Kangaroo Kitchen for your caterer. The staff went above and beyond for us, the food was amazing, and even with last minute changes, they made sure everything ran smoothly making it a great wedding day for us! We cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Alexandra · Married on 04/22/2018

Kangaroo Kitchen was the perfect choice for our wedding catering. From our first meeting with Roman, he listened to everything that we had envisioned for our wedding, helped us turn it into something cohesive and wonderful and executed it on our wedding day without a single hitch. The food speaks for itself and it was nothing short of amazing. We had so many people compliment us on having the best wedding food they have ever had! It is creative, beautiful, and most of all, delicious! From our cocktail hour all the way to the end of coffee service, Roman and his staff were professional, friendly and made everything run so smoothly. Roman made a point to go over and check in with my parents and make sure that everything was to their liking- a touch that went so far with my dad. We have nothing but the best things to say and they come with our highest recommendation. You will not be disappointed if you choose to use them for any event!

Sent on 06/03/2018