Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer

Southborough, MA View map
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$525 Typical Price

I am a Justice of the Peace for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. My commission was issued as one of the Justices of the Peace for the Town of Southborough. This allows me to officiate for your special day anywhere within the Commonwealth. Since becoming a Justice of the Peace, I was an active member of the Massachusetts Justices of the Peace Association, Inc., having served two terms as its President from July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2011. I served on the Executive Board as an elected Director until June 30, 2015. Also, I served on the Executive Board as the Immediate Past President from July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2013. Previously, I served as Secretary of the Executive Committee for 2 years.

In January 2022, for an unprecedented 13th consecutive year, I have been Awarded Wedding Wire's Couple's Award for outstanding professionalism and service to couples. Also, I am honored to have received the Best of The KNOT Award for the second consecutive year.

To date, I have professionally, happily and proudly officiated over 970 ceremonies in the Commonwealth.

At it's Annual Meeting, Sunday, 6/24/12, I was presented the Richard M. Percoco, Sr. Award by the Massachusetts Justices of the Peace Association, Inc. "FOR HIS OUTSTANDING AND DISTINGUISHED SERVICE TO THE MJPA."

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$525

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$100

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$225

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$0.01

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Presbyterian
Quaker
Shinto
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CT
ME
MA
NH
RI
VT

What languages do you speak?

English

• Sarah
    Sarah V. Married on 06/11/2022

Excellent and Personal

Mike was absolutely fantastic to work with. He knows what he is doing and helps you out along the way. His binder was full of options for us to customize exactly what we wanted for our ceremony while adding in a ton of personal touches. Mike was easy going and added a touch of humor. The ceremony was great and our friends and family enjoyed Mike as well!
  • Lauren
    Lauren S. Married on 05/06/2022

Perfect JP for us!

Mike couldn’t have made our experience any better or easier. From the first time we spoke to Mike over FaceTime, his sincerity and passion for what he does came through, as well as his good humour! Mike provided us with a huge binder full of many options to suit all needs based upon your ceremony type, religious beliefs or any other possibilities you may have. Due to being located in the UK, we didn’t get to meet Mike until after our decision was made to have him as our officiant however there was constant contact and Mike never left us guessing if we had questions as his email contact was great and he always gave quick responses. Quite late on, we realised we were able to have a rehearsal at our venue the day before the wedding and Mike made sure he was available and was there to give us a full run down on what to do and what to expect. This was great as it’s a nerve-wracking enough day as it is so with a rehearsal down and the finer details explained, it made the day itself more enjoyable. Guests had nothing but good things to say about Mike and he truly did make the ceremony memorable.
    Mikki Married on 03/26/2022

Great officiant for my wedding ceremony!

Mike recently officiated my wedding ceremony. He was very professional and communicated with us before hand so we knew what to expect the day of, which was super helpful. Overall, it was a beautiful ceremony. I highly recommend Mike!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Arrowhead Acres Arrowhead Acres Barn & Farm Weddings

Very professional

Butternut Farm Golf Club Butternut Farm Golf Club Country Club Weddings

We really enjoy working with Mike! He does such a wonderful job taking care of our couples ceremonies and making them personal and rememberable for all!

Hilton Boston Dedham Hotel Hilton Boston Dedham Hotel Hotel Weddings

Mike is professional, funny and an absolute pleasure to work with!

11 Reservoir Drive Southborough, MA, 01772

Available to speak 7 days a week usually between the hours of 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM Eastern (Boston) Time
Location of (Justice of the Peace - Mike Backer)

Other vendors in Boston for your wedding