4860 East Creek Ridge Trail, Reno, NV 89519 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Julie Jakolat, DJ

I'm a DJ who understands the way music makes good moments great.

I work with you in order to create playlists of thoughtfully selected songs to help celebrate every facet of your new marriage. I do a ton of preparation to be sure I'm creating the right mood for you and the people you care enough to invite to your wedding.

Experience
I was born in a record store and educated on the radio. During my 20+ years in New York, I was a resident DJ at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square before finding out how fun it is to play weddings. Now I'm relocating to the Reno/Tahoe area to be near my family.

My extensive knowledge covers a wide variety of genres, including salsa, electronic, hip-hop, jazz, oldies, pop, R&B, rock and top 40. The DJ's services include:

• Consultation
Roller derby friends
Roller derby friends
With bride Simona
With bride Simona
Great venue in Manhattan!
Great venue in Manhattan!
Couple with the DJ

69 Reviews for Julie Jakolat, DJ

Julie Jakolat, DJ 1
Julie Jakolat, DJ 2

Danielle Joffe · Married on 09/14/2019

A wonderful experience! Thank you Julie!

Julie, Thank you for everything you did to make our wedding the success that it was! We received so much positive feedback about what an amazing DJ (and human) you are. We feel so lucky that its worked out for you to work with us! In particular: the skill with which you engage in the creative process of selecting music from seating music to ceremony to dance floor; your way of hearing our thoughts and then contributing with yours in a way that made the final experience better than we were even imagining it could be; and your uncanny intuition, creativity and enthusiasm mixing for our multicultural (German, Israeli, American) family! This experience definitely put “DJ” into a whole other class that I didn’t know existed.

Sent on 09/26/2019

Michael Nuciforo · Married on 07/13/2019

I found your next DJ...FYI she rocks!

Julie was incredible from start to finish as the DJ of our special day. We honestly couldn't have picked a better DJ as she brought out our personalities and packed the dance floor all night long with a perfect mix of music. We can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Julie Jakolat, DJ FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,850.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,150.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Sound/PA System

• DJ Mickey D
    DJ Mickey D Wedding DJs

DJ Julie is a a friend,mentor, and excellent DJ. She is the kind of DJ who after guiding you through the process of planning the music and completely exceeding your highest expectations with her performance, you will remember her fondly as a friend that helped make your wedding that much more spectacular. There is something to be said about hiring a independent DJ rather than going through a entertainment company. It makes the entire process that much more personable which is something you will grow to appreciate and sincerely thank yourself for in the end.

• Poppy Studio
    Poppy Studio Wedding Photographers

Julie is great to work with.

• 4860 East Creek Ridge Trail Reno, NV, 89519 See on map