Lake DJ

South Lake Tahoe, CA 96158 Map · Phone number

About Lake DJ

LakeDJ provides a DJ, and Master of Ceremonies Service based in Lake Tahoe. We also use Lake Tahoe's premier sound system, with Bose, Denon, Dell and Shure professional equipment.

Lake DJ now also offers "Emulator - The Future of DJing." Emulator is the worlds first and only transparent, touch sensitive, DJ screen. It is a 42 inch, SEE THROUGH DJ screen, which controls the Volume, Play, Cue and many more DJ functions. There are less that 20 in the USA. Below is a link to the manufactures YouTube video.

We ask our clients to provide both "Play" and "Don't Play" Lists, to insure your choice of music is played at your event. Over 3.5 million tracks are available and we carry over 20,500 titles to every event.

We also have an additional sound system for ceremony music and Minister's wireless microphone.
Please call for a free consultation.

The couple with the bridesmaids and groomsmen
The couple with the bridesmaids and groomsmen
Wedding reception
Wedding reception

41 Reviews for Lake DJ

Monique · Married on 09/14/2018

Best DJ in the Lake Tahoe area hands down. He is so accommodating and makes the process extremely easy. He did a great job knowing the crowd and he kept the party on-time. He had every song I requested and played them all. He went above and beyond by bringing my husband and me a drink while we were finishing up with photos. Everyone was giving my compliments on how great he was. Just a really awesome guy. Hire him!

Myrabelle · Married on 09/18/2017

Derek has an amazing photo booth. Book him and the booth to have a fun wedding! He was the best and his colleagues were also great! He is a must have at a wedding. He made my wedding amazing!

Christina · Married on 08/06/2017

Derek wa the best DJ from the ceremony and reception we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! He was so accommodating and every moment of the way he was asking us what we needed or if we wanted to change anything he was super flexible and made recommendations! If you have a wedding in the Lake Tahoe area hire Derek he is the best!! Our friends and families kept raving about how wonderful he was several days after the wedding!!!

Lake DJ FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,200.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,650.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 200.00
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Karaoke, Liability Insurance, MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• Divided|Line Media
    Divided|Line Media Wedding Photographers

Whenever future brides contact me for photography for their wedding in Tahoe and I ask if they've booked a DJ yet... and then I refer them to Lake DJ. Derek Tarpey is the man and a joy to work with. He'll bring a great energy to your wedding and he takes the pressure off the coordinators too. Derek is a true pro and I consider myself lucky to work with him as much as I do :).

• Blake's Floral Design, LLC
    Blake's Floral Design, LLC Wedding Florists

Derek and Vicky are always amazing and the event always rocks when they are on board. I have worked with these 2 for years and they never cease to amaze me with their enthusiasm for what they do! They are in high demand and book out early each season for weddings! I highly recommend them to my clients looking for a quality, dependable and experienced DJ & Entertainment Company.

• Hall Creations Photography
    Hall Creations Photography Wedding Photographers

With having worked with Derek for many years now, we always look forward to working with him. He's very professional and on the ball! Derek always goes above and beyond to make sure that the bride and groom have the best event of their lives!

• South Lake Tahoe, CA 96158 See on map