Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Lake DJ

If Music Moves You, Take the Next Step - LakeDJ Entertainment

LakeDJ provides a DJ, and Master of Ceremonies Service based in Lake Tahoe. We also use Lake Tahoe’s premier sound system, with Bose, Denon, Dell and Shure professional equipment.

Lake DJ now also offers “Emulator – The Future of DJing.” Emulator is the worlds first and only transparent, touch sensitive, DJ screen. It is a 42 inch, SEE THROUGH DJ screen, which controls the Volume, Play, Cue and many more DJ functions. There are less that 20 in the USA. Below is a link to the manufactures YouTube video.
We ask our clients to provide both "Play" and "Don't Play" Lists, to insure your choice of music is played at your event. Over 3.5 million tracks are available and we carry over 20,500 titles to every event.

We also have an additional sound system for ceremony music and Minister's wireless microphone.
Please call for a free consultation.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Do-Not-Play List (7)
MC (7)
Uplighting (6)
Photobooth (3)

Derek has an amazing photo booth. Book him and the booth to have a fun wedding! He was the best and his colleagues were also great! He is a must have at a wedding. He made my wedding amazing!

Profile Picture Myrabelle, 9/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Derek wa the best DJ from the ceremony and reception we couldn't have asked for a better DJ! He was so accommodating and every moment of the way he was asking us what we needed or if we wanted to change anything he was super flexible and made recommendations! If you have a wedding in the Lake Tahoe area hire Derek he is the best!! Our friends and families kept raving about how wonderful he was several days after the wedding!!!

Profile Picture Christina, 8/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Hire Derek!! He is AMAZING. Not only did he keep all the guests on the dance floor ALL night, but he was able to round up my wild wedding party full of crazies with a huge smile on his face! Prior to wedding day, Derek was quick to answer the phone and answer my questions, I also spoke with his wife on one phone call and had an amazing conversation, she was calm and mellow and really was interested in what I was saying. A TON of my wedding guests said that Derek was one of the best DJS they have seen/heard at a wedding! THANK YOU, Derek, for being sooo amazing.

Profile Picture Krista, 7/21/17, 3 Reviews

One Event Per Day
Video Projection
Disco Ball
Flat Screen

Whenever future brides contact me for photography for their wedding in Tahoe and I ask if they've booked a DJ yet... and then I refer them to Lake DJ. Derek Tarpey is the man and a joy to work with. He'll bring a great energy to your wedding and he takes the pressure off the coordinators too. Derek is a true pro and I consider myself lucky to work with him as much as I do :).

Derek and Vicky are always amazing and the event always rocks when they are on board. I have worked with these 2 for years and they never cease to amaze me with their enthusiasm for what they do! They are in high demand and book out early each season for weddings! I highly recommend them to my clients looking for a quality, dependable and experienced DJ & Entertainment Company.

With having worked with Derek for many years now, we always look forward to working with him. He's very professional and on the ball! Derek always goes above and beyond to make sure that the bride and groom have the best event of their lives!

I love working with Derek at weddings...he is so "smooth", professional and efficient! Whenever I hear that we are going to work together, "my heart leaps for joy" (almost!)

We LOVE working with Lake DJ! Derek and Vicki are professional and fun! They provide an incredible experience for the entire group! They have state of the art lights and equipment to raise the event a few more notches!

South Lake Tahoe, CA 96158   See On Map