South Lake Tahoe, CA 96158 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Lake DJ

LakeDJ provides a DJ, and Master of Ceremonies Service based in Lake Tahoe. We also use Lake Tahoe's premier sound system, with Bose, Denon, Dell and Shure professional equipment.

Lake DJ now also offers "Emulator - The Future of DJing." Emulator is the worlds first and only transparent, touch sensitive, DJ screen. It is a 42 inch, SEE THROUGH DJ screen, which controls the Volume, Play, Cue and many more DJ functions. There are less that 20 in the USA. Below is a link to the manufactures YouTube video.

We ask our clients to provide both "Play" and "Don't Play" Lists, to insure your choice of music is played at your event. Over 3.5 million tracks are available and we carry over 20,500 titles to every event.

We also have an additional sound system for ceremony music and Minister's wireless microphone.
Please call for a free consultation.

• Lake Tahoe DJ

43 Reviews for Lake DJ

• Hilary

Hilary Tone Forslund · Married on 09/28/2019

Lake DJ is the best!

We hired Derek and his team for our wedding and boy, did we get it right! From start to finish, Derek was clear, responsive, and such a delight. He spent more than an hour with us at our pre-wedding meeting about 5 months ahead of time, and worked with us over email on a couple requests (including a surprise for my husband that we successfully pulled off!) He was an excellent MC who kept the night fun and flowing, and he also kept the dance floor full, which was really important to us. The Photo Booth and book that we got to take home THAT NIGHT were the icing on the cake :)

The other thing I'll say about Derek is how prepared and flexible he is. We experienced some totally crazy weather on our wedding day (it snowed!) and we were changing plans a few hours beforehand. Derek was ready for indoor, outdoor, whatever we needed, and he had backups of all of our Ceremony songs in case our Acoustic Duo couldn't use their equipment. We were in such good hands with him and didn't have to worry about a thing!

We love Derek and the Lake DJ team, and recommend them hands down!

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Stephnaie

Stephnaie · Married on 08/04/2019

It was so much fun!

Lake DJ is great. Derek kept the flow of my wedding going and he communicated with us. He was quick with emails. He was able to keep all of my guests on the dance floor until the end. His wife did the photo booth which was also a big hit.

Sent on 09/28/2019

Monique · Married on 09/14/2018

Best DJ in the Lake Tahoe area hands down. He is so accommodating and makes the process extremely easy. He did a great job knowing the crowd and he kept the party on-time. He had every song I requested and played them all. He went above and beyond by bringing my husband and me a drink while we were finishing up with photos. Everyone was giving my compliments on how great he was. Just a really awesome guy. Hire him!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Lake DJ FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1200.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1650
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Microphones
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 200.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Country
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    Karaoke
    MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Photobooth
    Uplighting

Real Weddings

• Divided Line Photo Wedding Photographers

Whenever future brides contact me for photography for their wedding in Tahoe and I ask if they've booked a DJ yet... and then I refer them to Lake DJ. Derek Tarpey is the man and a joy to work with. He'll bring a great energy to your wedding and he takes the pressure off the coordinators too. Derek is a true pro and I consider myself lucky to work with him as much as I do :).

• Blake's Floral Design, LLC Wedding Florists

Derek and Vicky are always amazing and the event always rocks when they are on board. I have worked with these 2 for years and they never cease to amaze me with their enthusiasm for what they do! They are in high demand and book out early each season for weddings! I highly recommend them to my clients looking for a quality, dependable and experienced DJ & Entertainment Company.

• Hall Creations Photography Wedding Photographers

With having worked with Derek for many years now, we always look forward to working with him. He's very professional and on the ball! Derek always goes above and beyond to make sure that the bride and groom have the best event of their lives!

• South Lake Tahoe, 96158 See on map