10491 Jeffery Pine Rd, Truckee, CA 96161 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 21
  • Pricing

About Music in Tahoe

Music in Tahoe is a professional wedding entertainment company based in Truckee, California. With its professional, skilled, and experienced team, the company makes every wedding fun, lively, and memorable. Music in Tahoe is dedicated to turning every event a success and has been providing wedding DJs, live music, and sound reinforcement in the Tahoe area since 2008.

Experience
Isaac Freed, the musical director, graduated from California State University, Chico, with a bachelor’s degree in music industry and technology. He worked at a local radio station and developed his skills and abilities in DJing, playing live, managing bookings, and promoting and producing events. Peter Kowalczyk, the technical director, graduated from the Cornell University with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a minor in audio science and technology.

Music in Tahoe has DJs and live musicians who can play a variety of music genres including electronic, hip-hop, jazz, oldies, pop, R&B/soul, rock, and top 40. The company also provides event equipment such as microphones, a sound/PA system, projectors, and uplighting. Other services include:

• Consultation

Music in Tahoe 2
Music in Tahoe 3
Music in Tahoe 4

Jennifer · Married on 08/10/2018

I cannot fully express how HAPPY we are that we hired Isaac with Music in Tahoe as the DJ for our wedding reception!

We had a destination wedding where absolutely no one we knew was from the Tahoe area, which meant selecting our vendors was done completely based on reviews and interviewing over the phone. From the start I felt comfortable talking with Isaac, and not like he was selling me on just another gig like I felt with some of the other interviews. He was so easy to talk to, and made sure to ask the right questions so he fully understood the type of atmosphere we wanted to create for our guests! The song list & timeline planning was a breeze, my husband and I both love a variety of music but my husband definitely wanted a period towards the end of the night of just nothing but old school hip hop etc (we’re 80’s babies here), so Isaac created the perfect mashup from our song list! He was set up & ready to go with plenty of time before the party. Once the guests arrived at the reception, he immediately started greeting them, making them feel welcome, and setting the stage for the absolute BEST party of our lives! The night stayed on schedule thanks to his direction following our timeline. He even reminded guest about visiting the photo booth and updated them on other various things throughout the night so that no one missed out! The music mashup was incredible and flowed so perfectly building up getting better & better the whole night through, and ended with the hip hop party finale my husband & I wanted, all of our favorite songs! Our dance floor was packed ALL night long, and once it was all over the only complaint we heard from our guest was that they they were having so much fun they didn’t want the party to end... and in my opinion that’s a complaint every bride wants to hat the end of her wedding day!!

Sent on 08/23/2018
    Music in Tahoe 5
    Music in Tahoe 6

Music in Tahoe's reply:

Wow, thank you Jen! I had an amazing time at your wedding. Thanks for putting your trust in my team. Send our best to Patrick!

Elishia · Married on 10/02/2017

Isaac and Lucas were such an important part in our special day! Talented, accommodating and professional. Felt the love for sure! Isaac went over the top and helped coordinate our group to each location, announce us and throw the best dance party ever. It was the best day of my life and I am so happy it came with an awesome soundtrack. Thank you to the moon and back. Cheers!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Music in Tahoe's reply:

Thank you Elisha! Your wedding was amazing and so full of love. I'm so glad that Lucas and I we're the right vibe and energy level, congrats to you and Benny!

Music in Tahoe Pricing

Music in Tahoe Price Rates

Music in Tahoe FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,600.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 500.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Video Projection

• Stephanie Marie & Co.
    Stephanie Marie & Co. Wedding Planners

Isaac exceeds expectations as a DJ; bringing creative custom-tailored mixes, providing fun props, and rising the energy level of the crowd --all the while radiating pure enjoyment (you can tell he has a passion for his craft). Talent and great energy to the side, Isaac is well-organized, reliable, and someone I can trust to follow the timeline and details carefully to ensure a flawless flow of wedding events. Best of both worlds with Music in Tahoe!

• KRM Tahoe
    KRM Tahoe Wedding Planners

Music in Tahoe is my 1st call to when looking for talented musicians. Issac is incredibly friendly and knowledgable. He seems to understand what I am looking for and makes the best suggestions everytime I inquire. He has set up great musicians for a variety of different events. It is also great that they can offer microphone, speakers and other audio requests. I highly recommend Music in Tahoe, you will not be disappointed.

• Nemus Photography
    Nemus Photography Wedding Photographers

Isaac of Music in Tahoe is one of my favorite DJs to work with as a North Lake Tahoe photographer. He always knows what to play and can adapt to any couple. He has a great, fun energy about him but is also a true professional. I would highly recommend Music in Tahoe to any of my clients!

• 10491 Jeffery Pine Rd Truckee, Nevada, 96161 See on map