10491 Jeffery Pine Rd, Truckee, CA 96161 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 25
  • Pricing

About Music in Tahoe

Music in Tahoe is a professional wedding entertainment company based in Truckee, California. With its professional, skilled, and experienced team, the company makes every wedding fun, lively, and memorable. Music in Tahoe is dedicated to turning every event a success and has been providing wedding DJs, live music, and sound reinforcement in the Tahoe area since 2008.

Experience
Isaac Freed, the musical director, graduated from California State University, Chico, with a bachelor’s degree in music industry and technology. He worked at a local radio station and developed his skills and abilities in DJing, playing live, managing bookings, and promoting and producing events. Peter Kowalczyk, the technical director, graduated from the Cornell University with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a minor in audio science and technology.

Music in Tahoe has DJs and live musicians who can play a variety of music genres including electronic, hip-hop, jazz, oldies, pop, R&B/soul, rock, and top 40. The company also provides event equipment such as microphones, a sound/PA system, projectors, and uplighting. Other services include:

• Consultation

Music in Tahoe 7
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Wilson · Getting married on 03/05/2021

I LOVED having Isaac as the DJ

I am a speaker and have 13 years experience with over 100,000 people.
    I was INCREDIBLY impressed by Isaac.
    The sound was perfect and my favorite thing was how aware of everyones energy.
    In a speakers world you say "Read your room". If people aren't with you, you change what you are doing. Some DJ's will stick to their plan. But Isaac was a master.
    If the energy was low he changed to a more upbeat song the song. If we were out of breath he slowed it down.
    Everyone had a blast, and my favorite part, was I could hear the ENTIRE WEDDING CEREMONY easily!!!
    I know it sounds simple but I have been to many wedding where I could barely hear anything.
    I would hire him for my wedding in the future and recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Music in Tahoe's reply:

Thank you Jennifer, your words mean the world to us! We're so glad you enjoyed yourself and thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review. Coming from someone with your background it means a lot! We love what we do and are so grateful that that translated into your experience. Thanks again and best from the Music in Tahoe team!

Marisa Tovar · Married on 05/04/2019

The best dj!

Music was incredibly important to us and the main priority for our wedding - we wanted to make sure people danced but, more importantly, that our DJ understood our vibe and could make our wedding uniquely ours. Isaac BLEW US AWAY. Not only did he vibe on all the soul/oldies/funk that we loved, he knew all the new stuff we loved as well Tuxedo/Lizzo, etc. He is truly a musical magician and perfectly curated every aspect of our wedding - from the pre-ceremony to cocktail hour to easing everyone onto the dance floor to playing the spot on songs in the midst of the full blown dance party - he always read the room and knew what would work best. All of our friends and family commented on our music and even asked for his information because they could not believe where we found this “wedding DJ”. Isaac was beyond a wedding DJ - our guests felt like they were at a full blown show dancing the night away to an amazing DJ set. If music is a priority to you (and it should be, it really sets the tone and vibe!) then, Music in Tahoe is a must. The dance floor was packed the whole night and we are so grateful for choosing Isaac and Music in Tahoe!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Music in Tahoe's reply:

Marisa, thank you for the incredible review! I'm so grateful that I got to be part of your over-the-top West Shore Cafe wedding. Thanks again and best of luck!
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 03/02/2019

Best Vendor Decision We Made!

If you're looking for a DJ in the Tahoe area you HAVE TO book Isaac. He is by far the best, above and beyond, can't say enough good things. Isaac made our wedding planning and day so easy. He made sure he knew our vibe and helped create a playlist from songs we liked, and his own picks. I felt I could really relax once we got to the reception because I knew we were in good hands with him. People were on the dance floor the entire time! Isaac picked music that all generations would love, from my smallest cousins to my husband's 94 year old grandmother! He even put in a few salsa songs that my mother-in-law requested and it fit perfect. Everyone raved about Isaac! He was our sound engineer for the ceremony when our friend played acoustic guitar, and then switched over to musician and played acoustic guitar at our cocktail hour which our guests loved. At the end of the night he turned it up and became full on DJ with a custom set and it was epic! The lighting, the music, the mixing, everything was perfect. Thank you Isaac for all you do!

Sent on 08/19/2019
    Music in Tahoe 8
    Music in Tahoe 9
    Music in Tahoe 10

Music in Tahoe's reply:

Thank you Nicole! I had a blast at your Resort at Squaw Creek wedding back in March. Thank you again for the photos and the shining review! Best of luck to both you and Joe.

Music in Tahoe Pricing

Music in Tahoe Price Rates

Music in Tahoe FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,600.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 500.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Video Projection

• Stephanie Marie & Co.
    Stephanie Marie & Co. Wedding Planners

Isaac exceeds expectations as a DJ; bringing creative custom-tailored mixes, providing fun props, and rising the energy level of the crowd --all the while radiating pure enjoyment (you can tell he has a passion for his craft). Talent and great energy to the side, Isaac is well-organized, reliable, and someone I can trust to follow the timeline and details carefully to ensure a flawless flow of wedding events. Best of both worlds with Music in Tahoe!

• KRM Tahoe
    KRM Tahoe Wedding Planners

Music in Tahoe is my 1st call to when looking for talented musicians. Issac is incredibly friendly and knowledgable. He seems to understand what I am looking for and makes the best suggestions everytime I inquire. He has set up great musicians for a variety of different events. It is also great that they can offer microphone, speakers and other audio requests. I highly recommend Music in Tahoe, you will not be disappointed.

• Nemus Photography
    Nemus Photography Wedding Photographers

Isaac of Music in Tahoe is one of my favorite DJs to work with as a North Lake Tahoe photographer. He always knows what to play and can adapt to any couple. He has a great, fun energy about him but is also a true professional. I would highly recommend Music in Tahoe to any of my clients!

• 10491 Jeffery Pine Rd Truckee, Nevada, 96161 See on map