9550 Flair Dr., El Monte, CA 91731 Map · Phone number

About John Yu Photography

Welcome to John Yu Photography!

I'm John and I am a wedding and portrait photographer based in Los Angeles. I service the Tri-State area and do travel outside the United States. based weddings and special events photographer specializing in capturing emotion, feeling and truth using a photojournalist approach.

Products:
-Coverage tailored to your wedding
-Unlimited photography
-All high-resolution images
-Archival quality prints
-Wide selection of professionally-designed albums
-Digital retouching services

5f372b9cfc220e73 1342667658013 adelasteven365
100211286Edit

3 Reviews for John Yu Photography

Angela · Married on 11/04/2012

John was really easy to work with. He is professional, creative, and fun. on the wedding day, john came early to capture the moment photos for us. He came prepared and was ready to go. He knows what he is doing. We feel very relax when he was taking the photos for us. It has been a great experience working with John and I will for sure recommend him to my friends in the future!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Jordan · Married on 07/21/2012

We were referred to John by a family friend, and we couldn't be happier with his service. From day one, John was extremely prefessional and easy to communicate with. He spent a lot of time with us before the wedding to get an idea of who we are and what kind of pictures we wanted. He was very flexible and patient!

He was very organized during the planning process and it carried on through all day during our wedding. He did an amazing job on organzing a large group of people from the family, extended family, and friends and made sure the photos were taken properly, which is not an easy task. He was also very creative about finding places to shoot that we would not have thought of.

And finally, the photos are wonderful and truly represent how happy we were the day of the wedding! He captured all the different moments very beautifully!

Overall, John did a great job and we are definitely very happy to have him as our photographer!

Sent on 09/19/2012

3.8
      2.0
      2.0

I really, really hate to give John a low rating and even feel guilty for doing so, especially since he is an exceptionally nice guy who seems truly dedicated to what he does. However, after getting results from our engagement session and the wedding day itself, I was rather disappointed in many of the shots that were taken. The engagement photos were satisfactory for the most part, though not great. I wished there was more creativity in some of the shots. On our wedding day, I was in disbelief upon seeing the posed pictures that we took with our family/friends. Though the lighting and quality came out great, I hated seeing extraneous people in the background or to the side who weren't supposed to be a part of the pictures. Also, the shots were not centered properly and most of them included these ugly torn chairs in the background! Being as he was the one behind the lens, he could have easily asked us to move away from the chairs or asked extra people to step out of the shot, but he didn't. I had to spend many hours of my own time editing the pictures to make it more acceptable to send out to my family & friends. However, my biggest disappointment was the fact that there weren't very many pictures of just me & my husband. That one I couldn't understand.

Overall, John deserves a full 5 stars for his professionalism, responsiveness, and wonderful flexibility. He made us feel at ease and look more "natural" in our pictures (it's very awkward when you've never had anyone follow you around with a camera before!). He is always on time for our meetings and quick to respond. Despite this, I must say that his quality of service & value is only a 2 star at most. I feel he sometimes lacks originality and could use more work on directing posed shots. Though his price was extremely reasonable, I would have rather hired another photographer with a lot more experience.

Sent on 07/16/2013

John Yu Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Traditional

• 9550 Flair Dr. El Monte, 91731 See on map
    Location of (John Yu Photography)