Knoxville, TN 37998 Map · Phone number

About John Shim Photography

Hi, I'm a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Knoxville, TN. I love what I do. I love the people I get to meet and I love the entire experience of being able to capture an amazing and important day in your life. The approach I take is to capture your day like a story with a beginning, middle, and end through interactions, actions, reactions, movement, and most importantly the emotions of your wedding.

Feel free to contact me. I'd love to know more about you and your special day.

Follow John Shim Photography on

michael heather 1013
michael heather 1016

41 Reviews for John Shim Photography

Danielle · Married on 10/01/2018

John was absolutely amazing at our wedding! He took every single picture we asked for and he had the perfect ideas for pictures. He really did an outstanding job and we appreciated his great work!

Susan · Married on 05/01/2017

John did an outstanding job in all regards for our daughter's wedding. He captured her day beautifully, but was almost hidden during the event....which I appreciated. Not only was he professional, he was fun and was easy to work with. The part that I was also grateful for, came after the event when the photos arrived and I had questions. John was more than willing to adjust the photos, make suggestions of printing options, and suggest where I would get the best quality photos made. All around it was a 5 star experience. He is worth every penny and you won't be disappointed!

allison · Married on 09/24/2016

John was phenomenal. I picked John based upon the quality of his previous work and I definitely made the right decision. I decided I wanted to get to know my photographer before the big day, so we first did an engagement session with John almost a whole year before the wedding. He brought along his wife (she helps him with lighting and staging shots) and they, my now husband and I traipsed around Ijams Nature preserve near Knoxville on a Friday evening and honestly had a really fun time. Beyond that -when I got the pictures back I was reassured we had made the right decision.
    The best part of John is that so many of my guests commented that he never was in their face, yet he seemed to be everywhere and that really shows in the pictures. The stills of the wedding party, my husband and I, and the decor are stunning but the best part of his work is the phenomenal candid pictures he captured of our family and friends. I just uploaded my pictures to Facebook but I'm pretty sure all of my friends are about to use these photo's for new profile pictures. He captured the fun, the joy, and the love of the night so well ......and I am truly overjoyed that I have all of these wonderful candid memories captured forever. Additionally- I like that he only provides the pictures digitally so I can order as many or as few pictures as I want rather than having a limited number you can select to have printed. Finally- John is just a nice guy and easy to work with. My dad just kept commenting how much he liked him- which is a very good sign.
    Thank you John!

John Shim Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,600.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,600.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Photojournalism