Joan Day Weddings

Columbia, SC View map Visit website
$2,562 Package Price

$2,562 Package Price

Joan Day Weddings, LLC is a professional event and wedding planning firm located in Columbia, South Carolina and Charlotte, North Carolina. Joan Day has been in the wedding industry since 2007, and planning events since 1996. She firmly believes in her commitment to exceptional hospitality service, and ensures your wedding exudes Southern charm and grace. She and her team of creative professionals and select vendors work closely with you to capture your vision, create a plan, and bring it to life. Whether you envision an elegant garden elopement or a lavish wedding celebration, Joan Day Weddings will make your day one to remember. We work with a select number of couples, per year, to deliver excellence and quality to each client. Most of our clients have event budgets of $27,000 or higher. We will travel to areas throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, and out-of-state locations, so please inquire as to how we may assist with your destination wedding.

The Wedding Thread Club

A new spin on wedding planning, as it is all accomplished virtually, online, on-demand - The Wedding Thread. This is a great option for DIY couples who truly just need a few questions answered, great methods for keeping track of their wedding vendors, assistance with creating a timeline and making their wedding day events flow well.

Joan Day Weddings provides event design and planning services for weddings of every size, style, and budget. Packages may include full-service planning, partial planning, or simply a day-of coordination services. A la carte options are also available for couples to customize their planning service. Service may include, but are not limited to:

• Etiquette Consultation
  • Venue Selection & Contract Management
  • Personalized Stationery & Invitation Ensembles (Minted Wedding Planner Program)
  • RSVP Management
  • Seating Charts & Guest Escort Cards
  • Special Accessories & Embellishments
  • Gift & Favors (Design and Assembly)
  • Professional Vendor Selections & Recommendations
  • Timeline & Event Logistics Management
  • Transportation Coordination & Shuttle Valet Services
  • Corporate Event Management
  • Special Events (private events, such as anniversaries, birthdays, dinner parties, etc.)
  • Accommodations (Room Blocks)
  • On-site Bridal Preparation & Styling
  • Bridal Trousseau, Attire & Couture
  • Welcome Wedding Weekend Baskets
  • Rehearsal Dinner Etiquette & Venue Selection
  • Virtual Planning Sessions
  • The Wedding Thread Club
  • Private Zoom Sessions with Joan
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,850

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2,562

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$4,550

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$150

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Destination
Double Weddings
Elopement
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Ashley
    Ashley T. Married on 06/12/2021

Joan day is amazing

There are not enough words to express how thankful we are for Joan and her team! I’m a planner, an organizer, and like everything a certain way. At first I didn’t think I needed a wedding planner because I wanted to do everything myself. Oh boy was I wrong, Having Joan as our wedding planner was the single best decision I made during the entire process! After speaking with Joan once, I knew she was perfect for me! I immediately felt a big weight taken off my shoulders once we booked with her! A wedding professional is the way to go and you will not go wrong with JOAN DAY! She has the sweetest and most caring heart! She was so helpful from guidance on etiquette, time savings, pulling our vision together, decor setup and great vendor recommendations. Most importantly, she just HANDLED everything with so much grace!!

Our family has been talking about how wonderful and calm she was during the entire wedding process!

I didn’t even go the venue prior to my grand entrance because I knew it was going to be more beautiful and more magical than I could have ever dreamed of because of Joan and her team. For those that know me, couldn’t believe that I went all day without taking a look. I trusted Joan after only knowing her for a short time with my fairy tale wedding that I have dreamed of since I was a little again.

Thank you Joan for making our dreams come true and pulling everything off ❤️ We are so lucky to have met you!

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

Ashley and JK - congratulations, again, on your marriage! We greatly appreciate your choosing us to support your day of coordination and execution of your big day! Thanks a million for the kind words and thoughts on our services. We appreciate it and enjoyed working with you and your families.
    Grecia Married on 02/20/2021

Wedding went smoothly!

The process was about 8 months but worth it. Joan kept up with reminding me of all the scheduled meetings and payments. On the day of, she made sure everything went accordingly and made the proper adjustments when some things in the schedule had to be moved around.

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Grecia and Eduard, for sharing your positive experience with Wedding Wire Couples. Our team enjoyed planning with you, meeting your family members, and supporting the day-of celebrations. Congratulations, again, and thank you for allowing Joan Day Weddings to be a part of it!
    Nykole G. Married on 08/15/2020

Angel On Earth!

To say that Joan was a Godsend is an understatement! She is solely responsible for my sanity! Imagine not only planning a wedding from out-of-state while recently starting a new demanding job, but also having a global pandemic dumped on top of it! That's the backdrop for our August 15th wedding. From my first conversation with Joan, I could tell that she was a kind and sweet soul. She assured me that planning a wedding from out-of-town would not be an issue for her. Her pricing was reasonable (and looking back, probably a steal given all the work she did) and she even offered a nice discount when booking through WeddingWire. Our first in-person meet up was fantastic as she was able to arrange for meetings with ALL the major vendors and schedule a tour of the venue. As stated, this was extremely helpful and efficient because I did live in another state so meeting time was limited. From the very beginning she made it clear that she was willing to work within whatever budget we were comfortable with and proved this when she went above and beyond to find more cost-sensitive vendors when initial ones were out of our budget. She is extremely attentive to details and thought of all kinds of things that only an expert in the field of weddings would even consider. I could always easily contact her via text or email and she was always willing to hear my ideas, review images and help to execute my vision. To say that she is organized is an understatement. She was an excellent record keeper, maintaining spreadsheets and providing diagrams and timeline handouts for vendors and the wedding party. Although an extremely stressful time in anyone's life, COVID definitely added some additional twists and turns that we never anticipated but with her help, we were able to navigate each hurdle. Anything that I needed handled was done so expeditiously. My day went perfectly, the theme came together just as I imagined and I would definitely recommend her services. As icing on the cake, the weather all week predicted a high probability of rain, specifically at the time of the ceremony, however there wasn't a drop of rain from the time we started the ceremony to the time we finished. I'd like to think Joan had a little talk with God for that one haha. I highly recommend her services for anyone looking for an experienced, effective, enthusiastic planner who will make your dreams come true!

Joan Day Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Nykole. It was my pleasure to be a part of your wedding planning activities and bringing it to fruition on your big day! The challenges of COVID-19 made for some unexpected changes, but we pulled through! You were incredible to work with being that you were ultra responsive and on top of everything. I enjoyed getting to know you and Jimmy, and meet all of your family and friends. Thanks, again, for putting your faith in my team, and for the kind review. Warmest thanks, Joan

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Deals

Joan Day Weddings 1
Exclusive
Joan Day Weddings 2
Discount

It's time to secure an on-site coordinator for your big day! For a limited time, Joan Day Weddings is applying a 10% courtesy discount to our Emily Sue's Hospitality On-site Coordination Package. It's a 10% savings, giving you tons of confidence leading up to your wedding day.

Joan Day Weddings 3
Discount
Enjoy a stress free, seamless wedding event with Joan Day Weddings' Emily Grace’s Style - full planning services. Book our wedding planning and design services before the end of March 2022 and save 15% off the services.

Pricing

Joan Day Weddings Price Rates

Team

Joan Day Duerr
Joan Day Duerr
Owner, Event Savant

Joan has been planning events since 1996. She established Joan Day Weddings in 2007 while living in Northern Virginia, outside of Washington, D.C., to remain at home with her young children. She wanted to maintain her professional skill-set, have a creative outlet, and be home for her children in the most formidable years of their lives. Joan has assisted clients in The Carolina’s, Virginia, Maryland, and the Washington, D.C. Metro area with a variety of consultation aspects, including, vendor selection; theme creation; invitation etiquette, ensemble, and design; on-site coordination; partial planning; and full planning services. Joan lives in Columbia, South Carolina with her family. She primarily services the Midlands, Upstate, and Low Country areas of South Carolina, but will plan events out-of-state, upon request. She has her own blended family, with second marriages for her husband and her both. Two daughters from him, and two children from her ... the family of six lead quite an exciting household with three in high school and one in college.

Emily Grace Kelley
Emily Grace Kelley
Associate Coordinator

Emily Grace is the inspiration for one of Joan Day Weddings' top selling planning packages, Emily Grace's Style - full planning services. Emily is the founder's daughter. She is savvy, smart and has a great eye for details, plus content creation, photography, project organization, and keeping up with fashion trends.

Her warm spirit helps to keep our team calm during setup and pre-event detailing. Emily has unique talents that she shares on-site, behind the scenes, during setup and online, with her smart phone.

Emily is a full-time student, dancer, former gymnist, and well-rounded young lady. She has ambitions of being her own boss, female entrepreneur one day, and has her sights set high for life achievements and experiences that make an impact.

Country Time Party Rentals Country Time Party Rentals Wedding Rentals

It was a pleasure working with Joan Day Weddings. The tables she designed and decorated were gorgeous! We highly recommend booking Joan Day for your next special event.

Custom Creative Photography Custom Creative Photography Wedding Photographers

Joan is super nice and soooo easy to get along with! Perfect for taking care of the wedding arrangements and keeping stress levels low, which is very important so the wedding couple can enjoy this life changing event! I highly recommend her!

Adrienne Fletcher Photography Adrienne Fletcher Photography Wedding Photographers

Joan is an absolute pleasure to work with! Not only does she go above and beyond to be helpful to everyone on the day of the event but she always puts her clients needs before anything else. She's great at what she does and is always very cheerful.

7001 St. Andrews Rd., Ste. 372 Columbia, SC, 29212
703-895-3949

By appointment only. Address is not a brick and mortar location. Contact Joan Day Weddings to schedule a consultation.
Location of (Joan Day Weddings)

Other vendors in Columbia for your wedding