Seattle, WA 98102 Map · Phone number

Jess Hunter Photography 6
Jess Hunter Photography 7

Karla Rowe · Married on 06/11/2018

Wedding Memories

I somehow have been unable to come up with any words that would adequately describe the amount of gratitude that my husband Philip and I feel towards Jess.. but i'll try. When Philip and I were first engaged, we agreed on two things that were non-negotiable for our wedding: That only our closest and dearest family would be present, and that we would invest in a photographer that would capture the precious memories that would slowly fade in our minds as we grew older.

I remember looking at countless photographers and feeling a sense of desperation. Not because there weren't hundreds of talented photographers – because there were – but because looking at other people’s happiest and most sacred of days made me feel nothing. By God's grace, we came across Jess's work and spent some time looking through her previous wedding galleries on her website and were amazed. She captured the happy moments, the quiet moments, and everything in-between. I felt like we could somehow feel the emotions complete strangers felt on their happiest of days and like we were there experiencing every moment and special interaction between bride, groom, and family. We also spent some time reading through her purpose and why she does what she does and were completely sold.

After reaching out to Jess, every conversation she had with us was with the intent to understand us deeply as a couple and to foster a relationship that would put us at ease with her presence in our most intimate moments. Through the months leading up to our day, Jess paid as much attention to Philip as myself and specifically asked to speak to him for a couple of minutes during our first conversation with her via telephone. Philip was surprised but so appreciative of the kind gesture - it made him feel like his thoughts mattered and it stuck with him throughout.

Once our day arrived, Jess arrived with her newborn baby boy and sister-in-law (we hired her knowing and being totally okay with this, and were privileged that she agreed to do our wedding so early after giving birth). She immediately became my favorite person there. Not because she was the life of the party, but because she had a calming and peaceful spirit that made everything seem like it was going to be okay. Our day was not particularly stressful since we had a small amount of guests, but whenever she was around everything automatically felt better. She genuinely has that magic about her. Throughout our day, Jess kept busy capturing every single little detail and shred of beautiful lighting and still managed to build relationships with my guests and nurse her baby boy... watching her balance all of these things gave me an overwhelming sense of pride to have been able to know a person so committed to their passion, while still nurturing and prioritizing the loved ones in her life. Talk about a kick-ass woman and human being! Honestly, we plan on seeing her in the future, we can't imagine not ever crossing paths again.

It has now been a couple of months since we received our photo gallery... the memories she captured instantly became one of the most treasured things in my life. I finally had the chance to look through EVERY single perfect and imperfect photo and feel comfortable saying that if our home caught fire, it would be one of the only things I would need to save. Yes, our portraits against a mountainous backdrop are epic and artistically stunning.. but the raw, emotional moments she captured.. the tears rolling down my mother's face, my grandmother's delicate and aged hands, my MIL's emotions during her last moment of solitude with her son, my hands locked with my best friend's during prayer, and our family praying, worshipping, laughing and crying are my most beloved memories of all.

I know that we will look back on these photos 50 years down the road and that there will be tears in our eyes looking back at the beautiful faces of our loved ones that might not be on earth with us any longer and remembering the day that started the rest of our lives together.

Mia · Married on 02/10/2018

Where to start? As a wedding photographer, choosing a photographer for my own wedding was daunting. I had a hard time imagining being able to take a deep a breath, completely trust someone with every detail, and just enjoy our wedding day. And then I found Jess. From the kindness and intentionality of her very first email, I knew that she was exactly the person who would become not just our photographer, but a dear friend. I was so struck by her relaxed and humble nature when we first met during our engagement shoot; she put us at complete ease. Jess's artistry is completely inspiring and breathtaking, but I was equally impacted by her care for us as clients - I seriously have never met a more intentional person. She took the time to ask so many questions, getting to know us as a couple and what was important to us. She was so kind and thoughtful towards our friends and family on our wedding day, and some of our favorite memories are the moments we got to spend with her during portraits. I can't stress enough how amazing it was to find someone who so perfectly delivered a trifecta of unparalleled talent, complete professionalism, and total personableness. Stephen and I have been more impacted by Jess than we thought possible in a wedding photographer; she exceeded every expectation. We just feel incredibly blessed to have found someone to capture our day in such a poignant, beautiful way, and to have come away with a sweet friendship that has surpassed our wedding season. We said #yestotheJess and so should you ;)

Jess Hunter Photography 8
    Jess Hunter Photography 9
    Jess Hunter Photography 10
    Jess Hunter Photography 11
    Jess Hunter Photography 12
    Jess Hunter Photography 13
    Jess Hunter Photography 14

kelsey · Married on 05/27/2017

It was super important to my husband and I to have a photographer that really told a story of our day. Given that both of us are amateur photographers, and we really value the photo-journalistic style (as in, more real moments captured vs posed photos), it was important to us to have a photographer that got that vibe. Jess totally did. She is so talented and now when we look at our photos and our photo album it's such a beautiful story of our experience not only over the wedding day- but the whole weekend. We had her at the rehearsal dinner, all day during the wedding, and the following day for an adventure shoot. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She's also just a total sweetheart, super flexible and easy to work with. Best decision we made.

Jess Hunter Photography 15
    Jess Hunter Photography 16
    Jess Hunter Photography 17
    Jess Hunter Photography 18
    Jess Hunter Photography 19

Jess Hunter Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Hand-Coloring, Digital Files, Prints
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 6,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, Slideshow, Digital Files, Prints
  • What photography services do you offer? Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints