Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY 11206 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1

About Jay McElfresh

A professional wedding DJ in Brooklyn, New York, Jay McElfresh specializes in customized ceremony and reception entertainment. Versatile and experienced, he happily executes your unique vision, no matter the genre. Providing real DJs and tactful MCs, Jay McElfresh is the perfect choice for dancing the night away!

Experience
Jay’s passion for music began while listening to his mother's records and watching videos on MTV as a child. Collecting over 2,000 records as a teen, he soon learned how to not only produce hip-hop, but also how to DJ and play guitar, drums, bass and keyboard. Following his graduation from Indiana University, he made the decision to move with his band to Austin, Texas, where he remained for three years. Residing in Brooklyn for the last eight years, Jay McElfresh currently DJs over 40 weddings per year.

Jay McElfresh offers an assortment of wedding entertainment services for couples to benefit from. Said services include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Consultation

Jay McElfresh 7
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 07/19/2019

Our Guests Can't Stop Talking about the Music

Music was an important aspect of our wedding for us and Jay truly made it a perfect night of music, dancing, and fun! Everyone kept talking about how awesome our DJ was and we could not have agreed more!

Jay met with us and got an understanding of what we wanted and then was also so attentive to what our guests were feeling that night. Guests of all ages were up on the dance floor! There were so may sing-a-longs on the dance floor and some crowd surfing to the Cranberries sprinkled in haha!!! My husband and I didn't leave the dance floor once! If you don't want your average cheesy MC type wedding and just want to have fun with your friends and family, Jay is the way to go!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Flynn · Married on 07/14/2019

Smartest decision of our wedding

Wow. WHERE TO BEGIN. I worked two weddings with Jay in Brooklyn (I'm a wedding photographer) and knew he was going to be my DJ before I was even engaged. I even asked him DURING the first wedding (again, before I was engaged) if he would travel to Philadelphia to DJ my future wedding.

Trust me when I say this-Jay is the best. Stop reading reviews and just book him!!! I've only ever worked with one DJ that even comes close to being as good as Jay.

Leading up to the wedding he was hilarious, professional, honest and just made the experience so easy. Throughout the wedding, I kept saying "how did he do that?! he's so good!!!" when he would transition from one song to another that in my mind wouldn't necessarily make sense but, when he did it, it was perfect. There wasn't a single weird transition or awkward silence, and there was definitely no corny MC-ing. All our guests loved him. I'm without a doubt going to continue to recommend him to my couples whenever I get the chance.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Jay McElfresh FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,750.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,750.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Sound/PA System

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Jay McElfresh 1
    -10%
    10% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Soundhouse Rentals NYC
    Soundhouse Rentals NYC Wedding Rentals

Hiring Jay McElfresh is a decision that you'll never regret. He does it all. He is professional, engaging, entertaining, and organized. He thinks of everything that can go wrong ahead of time and plans ahead. We've worked AV with him on larger weddings and marveled at how he helps make a wedding a fun event for everyone, even the wallflowers.

• ItsMyParty NYC
    ItsMyParty NYC Wedding Planners

Jay and I recently worked together at a wedding at Current in Manhattan. Jay was an absolute pleasure - he emceed the evening wonderfully and had guests smiling and dancing all night. He looked sharp, professional and stylish (as a great DJ should) and he played songs that really made the night memorable - not just the same old wedding soundtrack! I look forward to working with Jay again!

• Alexander Prezzano
    Alexander Prezzano Wedding Musicians

Jay is a phenomenal DJ and professional. Super helpful, attentive and talented. If you need a DJ, look no further!

• Brooklyn Brooklyn, NY, 11206 See on map