Providence, RI 02904 Map · Phone number

About James Jones Photography

I want to look back 50 years from now at the photos I have created and laugh at how young we look and remember how much fun we were having.

For my clients: I want to capture timeless, beautiful, emotion driven moments, showcasing the union of two families and the creation of a new life together. I want to capture the story of two people. To this end we use the best materials, techniques, and processing to create lasting images - digital or print.

For myself: I want to capture timeless, beautiful, emotion driven moments, that anyone can see and feel like they were there in that moment. I want to look back at these photos years from now and feel that these photos could have been taken yesterday. I want them to be timeless.

Background: I am a commercial photographer who happens to love shooting weddings. I have an Irish sense of humor and a Japanese work ethic. I grew up between Tokyo and the Boston area and received a full scholarship to study music, design, and multimedia development. So, I come to wedding photography with a strong sense of visual composition, design, and client focus.

By the time you read this I am no longer going to be able to claim I am in my 20's (30... that's a serious number). I love what I do. I'm easy going, happy to talk, and always open to ideas. Drop me a line and lets talk about your wedding.

roll1407aa
7b3208d19adc48f0 1288930773329 teribamboocl
teribamboocl

4 Reviews for James Jones Photography

Laurel · Married on 09/02/2017

James was absolutely wonderful to work with! He was very responsive and professional throughout the year leading up to the wedding. The day of he was a warm, calming presence who was awesome to have around; he made sure to get all the pictures we asked for yet was never intrusive. He was absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 09/16/2017

We loved working with James and Amy. They spent some much time working with us to make sure that our wedding and engagement photos were perfect. They helped us to capture our wedding day in a unique way. We didn't want posed pictures...we wanted pictures of the intimate special moments and of people having fun, and we got exactly that. James and Amy are fantastic to work with. They are patient, fun and super accommodating. They captured our special day perfectly. We have recommended their services to all of our newly engaged friends and family members.

Sent on 01/17/2014

Mark · Married on 07/19/2013

The first time we met James and Amy we knew they would be our photographers for our wedding, photo-journalistic photography is exactly what we wanted and they are truly the best at that. I never thought pictures could look that perfect, it was like we were shooting for a magazine, James and Amy love what they do and love raw emotion, it drives them. On top of being just wonderful people we had so much fun with them, they went over and above what we expected of them. We left everything to them, they picked the spots to shoot and we just followed and we had such a great time. No pressure, flexible schedules, and really personable are just some of the traits you will see. We really got to know James and Amy and they got to know us, I thought that was really special because they captured that on film and I didn't think it was possible. Photography was #1 important on my wife's list for the wedding, I cared mostly about the food but now looking at the photos, remembering that day I understand why. That day and those memories will never be forgotten because of James and Amy. Talented, professional, and just awesome, the best wedding pictures we've ever seen.

Sent on 10/02/2013