1126 Ridge Drive, Clayton, NC 27520 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Deals 1

About I Do Cakes

I Do Cakes is a bakery located in Clayton, North Carolina, specializing in custom wedding cakes and dessert buffet packages. The team's mission is to make your wedding cake dreams come true, creating stunning works of art that taste as good as they look. Their custom designed, hand-crafted cakes both surprise and delight customers, and provide a memorable one-of-a-kind treat that will wow guests.

Experience

Owner Megan Gotliffe has had a passion for baking from a young age. She studied Baking and Pastry Arts at Wake Technical Community College, where she won multiple awards for her stunning wedding cake designs. Before opening I Do Cakes, she honed her skills working at some fantastic venues and bakeries including Prestonwood Country Club in Cary, Bittersweet, Mandolin, and The Umstead Hotel & Spa.

The I Do Cakes process starts with a consultation to discuss the details of your cake and wedding date. During this consultation, you'll be able to share with Megan and photos or inspiration you have so that she can design you a one-of-a-kind custom cake. You will be provided with complimentary tasting boxes to choose your cake flavor in the comfort of your own home. One your date has been reserved a deposit is taken, and final designs will be agreed upon. Cake pricing includes delivery within 20 miles and set up on the day of the wedding. On your first anniversary, you will receive a complimentary 6-inch cake.

img20161001193221

I Do Cakes 7
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!!

Megan did an AMAZING job with our wedding cake! We got to go to the tasting and tasted so many delicious flavors. Despite tasting four different cakes we did go with three completely different flavors, strawberry with cream cheese filling, lemon with buttercream filling, reeses chocolate with peanut butter filling. The design was exactly how I wanted and I hardly had any cake leftover!! She even provides an anniversary cake and we really look forward to our one year anniversary in order to taste the cake again. We highly recommend Megan from I Do Cakes.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Jamie · Married on 10/07/2018

Wonderful!

We absolutely loved our wedding cake! Megan did such a fantastic job of putting together the elements we wanted and listening to our ideas. The cake came out beautifully, and oh so delicious!! I highly recommended the lemon curd filling with raspberry buttercream! 😍 We cannot thank you enough for the incredible job you did!

Sent on 12/23/2018
    I Do Cakes 8
    I Do Cakes 9

I Do Cakes FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 5.75
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 6.75
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Anniversary Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.50
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands

-5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Steffes Event Services
    Steffes Event Services Wedding Planners

Megan creates delicious and beautiful works of art. She has baked beautiful cakes, cupcakes, and other goodies for multiples events I've coordinated. In addition to working with me on events, I hired Megan to bake my wedding cake and cupcakes and both were breathtaking. I love working with Megan because her work is excellent and her service is always provided with a positive attitude.

• 1126 Ridge Drive Clayton, NC, 27520 See on map