1126 Ridge Drive, Clayton, NC 27520 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Deals 1

About I Do Cakes

I Do Cakes is a bakery located in Clayton, North Carolina, specializing in custom wedding cakes and dessert buffet packages. The team's mission is to make your wedding cake dreams come true, creating stunning works of art that taste as good as they look. Their custom designed, hand-crafted cakes both surprise and delight customers, and provide a memorable one-of-a-kind treat that will wow guests.

Experience

Owner Megan Gotliffe has had a passion for baking from a young age. She studied Baking and Pastry Arts at Wake Technical Community College, where she won multiple awards for her stunning wedding cake designs. Before opening I Do Cakes, she honed her skills working at some fantastic venues and bakeries including Prestonwood Country Club in Cary, Bittersweet, Mandolin, and The Umstead Hotel & Spa.

The I Do Cakes process starts with a consultation to discuss the details of your cake and wedding date. During this consultation, you'll be able to share with Megan and photos or inspiration you have so that she can design you a one-of-a-kind custom cake. You will be provided with complimentary tasting boxes to choose your cake flavor in the comfort of your own home. One your date has been reserved a deposit is taken, and final designs will be agreed upon. Cake pricing includes delivery within 20 miles and set up on the day of the wedding. On your first anniversary, you will receive a complimentary 6-inch cake.

img20161001193221

18 Reviews for I Do Cakes

• Angel

Angel · Getting married on 10/25/2020

I do cake!

Cake was very tasty and work is beautiful!

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Sara

Sara Little · Married on 02/09/2020

Excellent Customer Service

Megan was the best to work with she got back to us promptly. We got so many compliments about how gorgeous our cake looked. She was very professional to work with and she also had cake stands that we could rent and had many to choose from. My husband even described it as very tasty and that says a lot b/c he is not a big fan of sweets in general but he did like it. Megan knew by our numbers exactly how many layers we would need for our wedding to make sure we had enough and we definitely did. Another plus, is on our one year anniversary she will make up a small cake that is fresh so we didn't have to freezer our topper from our wedding day. We didn't get to see Megan on the day of the wedding but felt special when going through our gifts and finding a card from Megan congratulating us on our big day. We definitely were not expecting that.

Sent on 12/08/2019

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

I Do Cakes FAQ

$ 5.75
    $ 6.75
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?
    Anniversary Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?
    $ 3.50
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Custom Cake Design
    Delivery
    Set Up
    Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Cupcakes
    Dessert Buffet
    Groom's Cake
    Pastries
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide?
    Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Nut Free
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Fresh Fruit
    Local
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?
    Not Required

Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• I Do Cakes 1
    -5%
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Steffes Event Services Wedding Planners

Megan creates delicious and beautiful works of art. She has baked beautiful cakes, cupcakes, and other goodies for multiples events I've coordinated. In addition to working with me on events, I hired Megan to bake my wedding cake and cupcakes and both were breathtaking. I love working with Megan because her work is excellent and her service is always provided with a positive attitude.

• 1126 Ridge Drive Clayton, NC, 27520 See on map