About ICADJ EVENTS

I.C.A.DJ is family owned and operated and works with a crew compliment of nine employees. We all work very hard to treat our clients the way we would personally want to be treated. Working together is a blessing since we all share a passion for this industry. Our company is based on the belief that our customers needs are of the utmost importance. Our entire team is fully committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.

A main highlight of our company is we offer in person consultation with your DJ. Many of our competitors will book you and you never get to meet the DJ prior to the event. They tell you "they're well trained" etc. We stand out from our competition because our DJ meets with you in person at our office or a location convenient for you 30-60 days prior to event date. During this consultation, we will help you dream build your reception by using an itinerary to plan your event and custom music selection. The itinerary will help ensure the event proceeds smoothly without confusion.

One of the most frequently asked questions is, "What music do you play?" Well since music is digital everyone can now claim to be a DJ. The difference is the experience of when to play it, how long to play the song, and listening to what the client is asking for. During your consultation we will help you create your custom playlist. Some of our past clients prefer full control and request we only play whats on the list of songs requested. Others prefer to asked for "must play", "do not play", and certain "genres". Based off the consultation and listening to what our clients requested, thats how we prepare ourselves going into the event.

Providing professional entertainment for weddings, debuts, quinceaneras, sweet 16's, corporate events, graduations, night clubs, bachelor/bachelorette parties, birthday parties, and many celebrations. Using a combination of professional  LED lights and audio, we can design any package for your special event. What's most important to you? Is it a bilingual high energy MC, Up-lighting, a custom gobo monogram, fun entertaining photo booth, or maybe a photo slideshow to display during dinner to entertain your guests? Our family style individual attention gives us the edge to exceed your expectations and create a truly memorable event. Just think, what do I want for my event? How can I make my dreams come to reality without going over my budget?

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)

How extensive is your library of music?

One of the great things about booking with us is the personal consultation at which time a list of songs you would like us to play is made. At this time we can get to know you and your event so we can better customize your play list.

Can I make song requests?

Yes! We understand last minute songs come to mind and hey this is your event right? We always try our best to make sure you and your guest are always happy from start to finish. However we do have guidelines on playing appropriate music for each event. For example if we receive a request for a certain type of music either you or we do not feel should be played we would politely tell your guest that we do not have the selected request

Do you take breaks?

No! We have top grade non-stop mixing (club style). The only time we break the music is to make your announcements at your event.

Do you have my favorite song?

Your personal consultation will take care of any inquires.

Can you make announcements?

Yes! Announcements can be pre-planned before the event or can be requested during the event. We also offer announcements in Spanish upon request.

How do you dress for your events?

I dress to suit your needs. For weddings and receptions, I wear black dress shirt with vest and black dress pants. At your request, I can wear a tuxedo.

What if I want to play longer on the night of the show?

If time is available I can add more hours.

Do you have clean versions of songs?

We understand there is a time and a place for certain types of music. We do not want to offend anyone by playing music with explicit lyrics. We have purchased many radio-edited music and we are proud to offer this to our clients at no extra cost. During your consultation, we can further discuss your vision of how you want your event to sound.

Does lighting really make a difference?

Sure! Lighting and music blend so well together and can create an elegant environment, or create a fun, exciting, and club-like experience. I can help you create your perfect event during our consultation by using a combination of mood lights or party lights at your venue. Up-lights are units that are used to  illuminate your reception room. Typically placed next to a pillar, along walls, next to trees, behind the sweetheart table, etc. Our up-lights can change to almost any color! This is the perfect way to match your color scheme of your event. We have both black and white up-light units. Our new wireless white units our most popular among our clients because the units blend in with most walls since its white. Also our white units aren't eye sores as it blends in with all your decor, drapery, or venue walls. With many options available to you its just a matter of choosing what you want for your special day.

What is a custom gobo monogram?

In many of our photos you will see a monogram on the dance floor or on a wall. We create this custom image and illuminate it to be a beautiful centerpiece for your party. Adobe Photoshop is used to create personalized monograms tailored to each client's desire.

What is the difference between a custom and pattern gobo monogram?

Unlike the custom gobo monogram which is custom to the clients specific design requests, the pattern gobo monogram is usually used as background pattern lighting. For example if you're planning a winter themed party,  we would illuminate the room with pattern gobo monograms of snowflakes everywhere on the walls and have your custom gobo monogram on the dance floor. Our ultimate lighting package is perfect to create this elegant look.  Of course we have hundreds of patterns for you to choose from so finding a pattern to fit your event should be easy.

What is the photo slideshow service?

This service is a crowd favorite! During your reception we display either on `a projector or 50" LED TV(s) to showcase photos of your choosing to entertain your guests. We obtain photos from you and create a custom slideshow. Photos we recommend are engagement photos, bridal portraits, selfies, baby photos, dating photos, etc.

Do you have insurance?

Do you have backup DJ's and equipment?

Yes we have multiple back up DJ's and MC's who are crossed trained. Also in the event of an emergency we have backup equipment for everything just in case.

Are we allowed to make payments?

Yes. With the use of Square we can email you an invoice which you can pay online at any dollar increment. Both parties receive a receipt of payment. Also we accept cash or check if that's more convenient for you.

Is there somewhere we can see your setup live?

Yes! We do live showcases in January, June, and September at the Henry B Gonzalez Center. If those dates don't work for your schedule we're always available to meet by appointment at our office.

Where is your office?

318 Jennings Ave San Antonio Tx 78225 *By appointment only.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Microphones (2)
Sound/PA System (2)
Uplighting (2)
MC (1)

Chris and his team took good care of everything for us. From the start Chris was able to take inspiration from both our visions and ended up creating a spectacular event that all our friends and family raving about. They’re incredibly talented & genuinely good people who helped make our day even more special. On the day of our wedding Chris & his team make sure no problems come up throughout the night. They check the music to play, also double check the things that will use for the games are complete and the slideshow that will play during dinner are all setup. The staff that assigned from the photo booth was very professional, he captures all the great moments throughout our wedding day. And the MC’s assigned were very professional, they made whole event fun & memorable.

They did an amazing job and were able to make our dreams a reality. Everything went smoothly and we couldn't be happier. We still look at the pictures everyday to remind us of how beautiful our wedding was. Thank you so much, ICADJ Services.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 1/25/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Best DJ, up lighting and photo booth ever! Most reasonable prices too. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Alina, 12/30/17, 1 Review

Prices and Services

4 Photos

2 VIDEOS

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Chris and his team are the best! Extremely flexible, affordable, and highly experienced. A real DJ doesn't just play music. They understand the proper flow of events in a wedding, they adapt to any crowd, and are observant of the music to keep the dance floor going the whole night. ICADJ is that kind of DJ. Their longevity in the business is testament to their skill. They are also so kind, flexible, and easy to work with. Definitely recommend!

Being a photographer and DJ myself, I am quite picky about who I hire to work with as it is my reputation on the line. Needless to say that I am utterly impressed with every aspect of this company. I needed a DJ for a wedding where I was the photographer and from the moment I contacted them, I knew the wedding would go as I needed it to...perfect! I will gladly hire them again for future weddings and give them a 5 STAR rating. Top notch all the way!

Events