Hyatt Carmel Highlands

Up to 150 guests

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$38k - $44k For 100 Guests
Up to 150 guests

Hyatt Carmel Highlands Inn is a historic, coastal hotel located four miles from downtown Carmel, California. We are located on a cliff overlooking the breathtaking Bur Sur Coastline, with an award-winning restaurant, California Market at Pacific’s Edge. We pride ourselves on making couples’ dreams come true for the last 103 years. Hyatt Carmel Highlands Inn promises impeccable service, world-class cuisine, modern amenities with epic ocean views.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can accommodate up to 150 guests at this unique property. For your ceremony, you can exchange your vows on our romantic, seaside gazebo in open-air. Your guests will take in panoramic Pacific Ocean views and lush gardens at this unique venue surrounded by glass. For your reception, you can dance the night away in our Yankee Point Room, Surf Room or our Oceanside Ballroom. Our rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows of the Carmel Highlands rocky, ocean cliffs.

Our full-service venue offers each couple a venue day of coordinator to assist with your planning process. We are here to help design, coordinate, and bring your unique vision to life:

• Event Time includes up to 5.5 hours (beginning at your ceremony)
  • Includes Set Up & Tear Down of the Event Site
  • Tables, Chairs, Linens & Napkins, Flatware, Glassware and China are provided
  • Choice of Ceremony Folding Chair (2 colors to choose from)
  • Choice of a Reception Chair (3 styles to choose from)
  • Complimentary Ceremony Rehearsal the day before
  • Two Outdoor Heaters offered on the Gazebo Deck
  • Sparkling Send Off & Glow Stick Dance Off are available to be added on
  • Complimentary Newlyweds Hotel stay, night of wedding (with a $10,000 catering minimum)
  • Additional Event Time available at $500 per hour, evening functions must conclude by 11pm

Cuisine
Couples can choose from a welcome reception, cocktail hour, food stations, or a plated meal. Our experienced culinary team specializes in fresh and sustainably local cuisine, which will create a custom menu just for you. We also offer scrumptious hors d'oeuvres and delicious desserts!

Room Blocks
We have you covered! Our property can accommodate Room Blocks of 5-25 rooms on our luxury property. As a category 7 Hotel, the finest items await you in our Ocean View King rooms the night before and night of the big day!

Groom & Bridal Changing Rooms
Make up, hair spray, bobby pins, ties, cufflinks, boutonnieres - bring it all! Our changing suites can include the Point Lobus Suite & Big Sur Suite which are perfect for the Bridal Party to get ready for the big day! Want to add on a Bridal Brunch with a Champagne Bar or a Groom's Lunch with a Beer/Bloody Mary Bar? Again, we have options for you!

Other Services
In addition to hosting your wedding, we'd be more than happy to host your rehearsal dinner in our restaurant, California Market at Pacific’s Edge. This exciting venue features a 870-square-foot deck, a louvered roof and glass-paneled walls with dramatic views of the Pacific Ocean and the Big Sur Coast. Other events we would love to host include:

• Engagement Party
  • Bridal Shower
  • Anniversary Party
  • Birthday Celebrations
  • Post-Wedding Brunch
  • Welcome Receptions
  • Engagement Photoshoot
  • Proposals

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$68

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Open Bar

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Ballroom
Historic Building
Hotel
Restaurant
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Outside Vendors
Preferred Vendors Only
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Audio Equipment
Chairs
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Valet
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January
February
March
December

Carrie T. Getting married on 03/03/2023

The Perfect Elopement

Our elopement at Hyatt Highlands at Carmel was perfect! Jessica could not have been more responsive and helpful leading up to our day. The vendors she put us in contact with were phenomenal. The officiant, Brian, and photographer, Heidi, were so warm and kind that they felt like wedding guests and the flower circle arch done by Reina was exactly what I had envisioned. You could not ask for a more stunning setting overlooking the ocean. The day of went smoothly with Emily and Jessica helping with details and making everything so relaxed. We are so grateful to have found this perfect venue for our special day!

Hyatt Carmel Highlands's reply:

Carrie,
    Thank you for the such sweet words and allowing us to be apart of this special day for your family! We are so happy for Sofia & Austin and cannot wait to have them back next year for their anniversary!

Hyatt Residence Club, Highlands Inn
    T +1.831.622.5461 M +1.831.250.3011
    120 Highlands Drive, Carmel, CA 93923
    hyattresidenceclub.com
  • Shelbie
    Shelbie G. Getting married on 04/03/2022

Perfect elopement

My husband and I couldn't have found a more peaceful and beautiful place to say "I Do". This location and their staff were so helpful in making sure that we had everything ready. I can not express how thankful we are to have such an amazing location. Lauren, Emily and Jessica were all so incredible about planning the details and making sure that nothing was missed or left out. Even during the midst of COVID they were able to help me have the perfect wedding day.

Hyatt Carmel Highlands's reply:

Shelbie,

Thank you for your sweet words, we are happy to hear that your day was a dream come true! We look to having you back next year for your year anniversary!

Hyatt Residence Club, Highlands Inn

19 photos · 09/03/2018

Deals

Hyatt Carmel Highlands 1
Offer

Pop the question, “Will you marry me?” on our Gazebo Deck above the vast ocean, breathing in the fresh air. Create a memorable story at Carmel Highlands Inn, and celebrate your special moment surrounded by a truly picturesque setting.

Perched high above the rocky cliffs of the Big Sur coast, and the Pacific Ocean as a backdrop, the Gazebo Deck is the perfect setting to pop the question. The spacious redwood deck is surrounded by lush gardens and cool ocean breezes. With this breathtaking spot, your soon to be fiancé(e) will be talking about the proposal for years to come.

The Highlands Inn would be honored to host your proposal!

Proposal Package

• Use of the Gazebo Deck in private for 1 Hour
  • Bouquet of Flowers + petals sprinkled on the Gazebo Deck
  • Photogrpaher to capture the moments
  • Background music to set the mood

This Package is $1,500 Monday-Thursdays | Weekends $2,000
Service charge & tax are not included. Our Proposal Package is available to book within 15 days of popping the question.

Add On’s:

• Sunset Suite: $800 nightly rate
  • Rose Petals in Hotel Suite: $50 per room

Please call the Events Department to plan the special day at 831-622-5461. For any further questions or inquiries, please contact Jessica Schmidt, the Sales & Catering Manager.

Hyatt Carmel Highlands 2
Offer

Envision saying your vows above the vast ocean, breathing in the fresh air, as you say “I do” on our seaside Gazebo Deck. Create a memorable elopement at Hyatt Carmel Highlands Inn, and celebrate your special moment surrounded by a truly picturesque setting.

Perched high above the rocky cliffs of the Big Sur coast with an expansive view of the Pacific Ocean as a backdrop, the Gazebo Deck is the perfect setting for your intimate elopement ceremony. The Gazebo’s spacious redwood deck is surrounded by lush gardens and cool ocean breezes. With this breathtaking spot, your guests will be talking about their memories of your elopement for years to come.

We take pride in handling the details so you can spend time on what’s most important – creating memories in a magnificent and romantic environment. We love making every couple’s special day unique in its own way. Therefore, we have also partnered with our finest vendors to offer the best of service to help bring your dream to life! The Highlands Inn would be honored to host your special day and be with you on the start of your happily ever after.

Our Elopement Packages are available to book within 60 days of saying “I DO”

Elopement Package:

• Designed for 2-20 people
  • Use of the Gazebo Deck for 1.5 hours
  • Limited Day-of Coordination to assist with the implementation of event
  • White Folding Chairs & Cocktail Tables with House Linens for your ceremony

Site Fee Monday-Thursdays starting at $2,000 and is limited to 1.5 hours of event time

Site Fee on the Weekends are $3,000. Service charge & tax are not included.

Add On:
Officiant: $350 for Elopement Ceremonies
Photographer: $650 for 1 hour / $1,350 for 2 hours
Florals: $500 Package: you choose bouquet, boutonniere or other floral decorations

Virtual or In-Person Tours are available by appointment only. Please call to schedule your tour with our Events Department at 831-622-5461. For any further questions or inquiries, please contact Jessica Schmidt, the Sales & Catering Manager.

Pricing

Hyatt Carmel Highlands Price Rates

Team

Jessica  Schmidt

Hi lovebirds!

My name is Jessica Schmidt, and I am your Events Planner for the Hyatt Carmel Highlands Inn! Our highly sought-after property can accommodate a variety of experiences, including your wedding day and with our gorgeous coastline views, it is the perfect backdrop to say “I Do” at. As your planner, I love creating experiences, including your Rehearsal Dinner, Post Wedding Brunch, Birthdays or Anniversary Dinners! The team and I are very creative and have a plethora of resources as we work for you to create your dream day. A little inside scoop about me: I am obsessed over my fur baby, I enjoy cheese & wine for dinner sometimes, if I can’t sleep I watch wedding videos and love beach walks with friends! I stay active in the community which includes sitting on the board of the Carmel Chamber of Commerce to serve our local businesses.

I hope I get to plan your big day soon!

xoxox

Jessica

Emily Plascencia
Emily Plascencia
Catering & Events Coordinator

Hi Brides & Grooms,

My name is Emily Plascencia & I am the Sales & Events Coordinator for the beautiful Hyatt Carmel Highlands Inn. I will be your go to girl when it comes down to the fun wedding details. I will make sure you are stressfree on your special wedding day! A little bit about myself: I was born and raised in Monterey, CA . When I am not running around setting up weddings, I am running around my little 8 month old son. I am passionate about events and attention to detail. One of my biggest joys about my job is watching the bride walk down the ailse and when the Groom looks at his soon to be wife. Its the little things..

xoxo

Em

Lauren Tuck
Lauren Tuck
Sales & Events Assistant

Whether a wedding or anniversary celebration, I am honored to assist wtih the implementation of the big day! It brings me happiness to see others come together to commemorate loved ones and their special events. With every event, I am just as enthusiastic as the last for each one is unique in its own way, and I love seeing our couple's vision come to life!

When I'm not helping fluff a brides dress you can find me horseback riding, rain or shine!

120 Highlands Drive Carmel, CA, 93923
831-620-6234
831-622-5461
Location of (Hyatt Carmel Highlands)

Other vendors in Monterey for your wedding

Wedding Venues