About High Sierra Sounds

Weddings are my specialty. I preformed my first wedding at the age of 18 and I’ve never looked back.

This is YOUR day! I work with you from the moment you book me to ensure YOUR day is just what you’ve dreamed about.

As YOUR Master of Ceremonies I serve as YOUR family spokesperson. I make all the introductions and announcements. Beginning with the seating of YOUR guests for the ceremony. Then it’s on to the Grand Introduction where you get to pick YOUR song for the introduction! When it’s time to eat I make that announcement and guide and instruct YOUR guests.

Let’s have a toast. I introduce all of YOUR speakers and hand them my Shure SLX microphone system so they can be heard by everyone. It’s a State of the Art microphone and it comes at no extra charge.

Did someone say “cut the cake”? I make this introduction and play the piece of music YOU want to hear.

LET’S DANCE!!!!! After announcing all the traditional dances it’s time to PARTY!!!

This is where I really shine. I’ve programmed music for BUSY night clubs and radio stations and I know how to keep the dance floor jumping. It’s my job as YOUR DJ.

Don’t forget the garter and bouquet toss. I make this announcement and play YOUR music to get YOUR guests excited.

To sum it up, it’s all about YOU. I promise I won’t let you down.

Cell 530-318-0685

Sound/PA System (6)
Do-Not-Play List (5)
Consultation (3)
Uplighting (2)

John was the best. He DJ'ed out wedding at Montbleu and he blew everyone away. So many of our guests kept commenting on how awesome he was. John was fast at responding to all our inquiries, sets up a personal event page to add music and wedding details, as acts as the MC of your event. He didnt take a break, kept the music playing all event, and was just a fun guy to have at the wedding. We couldn't have been happier with John as our DJ and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ. Also, his rate was better than others in the area, doesnt charge for set up/breakdown, or charge for driving.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Liz and jared, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

The easiest 5 star review I could give is to John from High Sierra Sounds. He DJ'ed our wedding in September and I give him credit because it was FREEZING in the barn where our ceremony was. I saw him in gloves, ear warmers and a jacket, but he was still kicking out all the great music despite this.
John was fantastic to work with, his website is super easy to use for making payments and picking songs. Working with him closer to the wedding date was great and he made us feel at ease with his organization. It's obvious he has a passion and is great at what he does.
He really look our music suggestions and played songs that were PERFECT for our personalities. He really kept our crowd engaged too, announcing all the milestones for the night with charm. I'd recommend him for any Tahoe-area wedding, he was absolutely amazing.

View Vendor Response

1 VIDEO

High Sierra Sounds
1:11 minutes

1 ENDORSEMENT
John Thorpe with Sierra Sounds is one of our favorite DJ's! Our clients are always happy with him. He knows our hotel and works well with the staff. A total team player with our hotel with the goal of making sure our wedding clients have the most wonderful day of their lives!

Events

John Thorpe, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150   See On Map
530-318-0685 (phone)
High Sierra Sounds is a wedding DJ from Lake Tahoe, CA. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Reno, Sacramento, and Carson City. High Sierra Sounds is a professional wedding DJ that has been part of the Lake Tahoe, CA wedding industry for 31 years. We specialize in Wedding DJ, Party DJ, Event DJ.