Heather Parker Photography

Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Heather Parker Photography

The Knot Best of Weddings Winner

What my couples all have in common is that they want REAL unscripted photography so they can remember the laughter, tears, nervousness and all the emotions that go along with having a wedding. I look for honest moments that highlight the feelings and personality of those closest to you during a very important day. Years later, these photos will serve as an heirloom and allow you to not just remember the pretty smiles all around you, but the very character of those who made your wedding so memorable.

Voted The Knot Magazine Pick Best of Weddings and published 7 years in a row, I photograph weddings in glamorous hotels, rustic barns, and hip lofts.

Some areas I have traveled for shoots include are Japan, Italy, Hawaii, Nantucket, Jamaica, Spain, Martha's Vineyard, New Orleans, Vermont, Puerto Rico, Toronto, Japan and New York City.

I welcome the opportunity to speak with you about how wedding photojournalism could be an ideal choice for you.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: Chicago

20 Reviews for Heather Parker Photography

4.7

Heather Parker is an amazing photographer and she took absolutely beautiful pictures at our September wedding at the Greenhouse Loft. She was the first photographer that we set up an appointment with and her pictures blew me away. I was nervous to book the first photographer I had met with and wanted to make sure I did my due diligence - especially with something as important as photography. Your pictures (and your video) are the only things you really walk away with at the end of your wedding day! Choosing a photographer is such a big decision and I wanted to make sure I gave it appropriate time and attention. My husband and I met with a total of 7 photographers after Heather - some of the best and most reputable in the city - and after all that, we ended up booking Heather.

Heather has such a beautiful and unique photojournalistic, documentary style. While the other photographers we met with were talented too, there was just something different and more beautiful about Heather's pictures. She is fabulous at capturing the emotional and memorable candid moments of the day. We had a great mix of the detail shots, as well as pictures of our friends and family having a great time at our wedding. For how talented she is, her prices (which do not include any wedding albums) are completely reasonable.

Overall, Heather did a fabulous job with our wedding photography. I am so excited to start the wedding album process with her because I know it will be stunningly beautiful. You can find Heather all over popular wedding blogs and websites because she is one of Chicago's best wedding photographers - hands down. She is truly talented and is very prideful of her work (which is super important). Just look at her website and I can guarantee that you will be impressed.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kristen, 9/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Heather Parker was an amazing photographer and very easy to work with. We loved her photojournalist style, emphasizing natural candid moments rather than posed portraits. We were lucky to have her, and would highly recommend her to anyone.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Mike, 9/2/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Ross and I were married on July 21 of this year. Like most couples, getting a great photographer was important to us. After doing research and calling many (as is expected, Chicago has a fair number of wedding photographers), I ran into heather as our potential photographer.

Immediately, we clicked on the phone. I think we talked for over 30 minutes. Heather is extremely thorough and takes her job seriously. She wants to get the best pictures possible for you and she doesn't beat around the bush about it. I so appreciated all her pointers and tips. Towards the end of the planning process, I turned to her to ask questions to make sure she thought it would be okay with the pictures.

We had so much fun with her at our engagement session and loved how our pictures turned out. She was so helpful and caring at the wedding, and our wedding photos received so many compliments. Ross and I are so happy we went with Heather.

Profile Picture Milly, 7/21/12, 5 Reviews

220x220 sq 1383237960825 img092
220x220 sq 1383237987639 heatherparker 164
220x220 sq 1383238040356 heatherparkerphotography 43

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Heather is great to work with! Im always excited to see her knowing how good she is and how creative her pics will be. Definitely quatility!

First off, check out Heather's portfolio-it speaks for itself, and is outstanding. Secondly, as a vendor that does private functions on a regular basis, Heather is the sort of person I love running into at events, as she's exceptionally professional, friendly, and courteous. If you're in the market for a photographer, without hesitation, I would highly recommend Heather.

Events