Hakuna Matata Weddings and Events

Delray Beach, FL View map
2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Hakuna Matata Weddings and Events specializes in day of/month of wedding planning.

What is a month of/day of coordinator?

Starting a month before your wedding:

• help tie up any loose ends - i.e. does your dj provide a sound system for ceremony?
  • make a to-do list for you (we help on the items we can)
  • create a 8-10 page wedding document and timeline to share with venue and vendors (all the details)
  • confirm timing and delivery instructions with your vendors
  • run your rehearsal (give all the tips and tricks so the bridal party looks flawless up front)
  • be there through your whole wedding day - from delivering breakfast or lunch from panera, publix or wherever you choose, to coordinating the timeline, coordinating vendors, helping your bridal party get down the aisle, making sure your personal items are set up and taken down - and so much more.

We handle things that you don't even think of like - mother of the bride is no where to be found and cake cutting is about to happen, we go and find her and bring her back | Groom spills red wine on his shirt, we remove the stain with our emergency supplies | Boutonniere got broken - we use centerpiece florals to make another one - all these little things can detract from your special day. That is where hiring a day of planner comes into play.

I have the best job in the world - I get to help couples' enjoy and celebrate one of the best days of their lives. While you are basking in your love, let us handle all the details that you worked so hard to plan. We are an investment in the success of your wedding - you spent hours picking the right vendors, choosing just the perfect florals and decor, getting your own special touches to add. On your wedding day, you will be busy getting ready with your gals or guys - no time to check if your cake arrived or to set up any extra items you have. Let us take care of that for you.

Hiring someone with experience is always at the top of my list of importance - so let me tell you a little bit about mine:

I earned an event management degree from the University of Florida. I went on to take classes to become a certified Wedding Coordinator. In order to do so, I worked alongside a variety of vendors and planned several weddings along the way. Now I have been using that knowledge to plan hundreds of events and work with other event vendors in the area. I started my own business in January of 2018. I wanted to be sure I was ready and experience enough in the event industry before starting out on my own.

We offer three packages to help assist you through the planning process: Day-of/Month-of, Professional Backup, and A La Carte options. If you can鈥檛 find a package that meets your needs, Hakuna Matata Weddings and Events is happy to create something custom.

What it means to do business with us

When you choose us as your month of/day of coordinator - you will get prompt responses, a relationship of reliability and trust, quick solutions to problems, and a stress free wedding day!

• Woman-owned

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Day-of Coordination
Partial Planning

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Destination

Message vendor

• Alexa
    Alexa Married on 01/28/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Wedding Decision We Made!

We can't say enough great things about hiring Hakuna Matata for our wedding day! Lizzie (owner) and her team were incredibly professional, knowledgeable, kind, helpful, and responsive throughout the entire process. They helped us stay organized and on time even with what felt like a million different moving parts. Plus, they went above and beyond our hopes and expectations by making sure all our belongings made it safely back to our suite, handing out tip envelopes even when I forgot to mention where I had them stored, and keeping our bridal party in line! :) I recommend Hakuna Matata to every engaged couple!!
  • Brittan
    Brittan A. Married on 01/21/2023
      5.0 out of 5 rating

What would I have done without Lizzie!!!

I honestly don鈥檛 know where to begin. Lizzie was truly a godsend on our wedding day! She was so helpful leading up to the big day, incredibly responsive, had great insight and ideas, and just made the day of run so smoothly. When you need something on your wedding day, you don鈥檛 want to send a parent or a bridal party member, because you want them to be with you! Lizzie was a huge asset and resource and I鈥檇 hire her again in a heartbeat. Truly can not recommend her enough!

Hakuna Matata Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We loved being a part of your special day especially meeting your fur baby! So glad we were able to give you no worries!
    Molly H. Married on 12/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The BEST Month-Of Coordinator!

I can't even begin to put into words how integral Lizzie was to our wedding day running as smoothly and efficiently as it did. Originally I wasn't even sure if I needed a wedding coordinator because I had managed booking all the vendors on my own just fine but boy was I wrong! Starting a month out she was in contact with all of our vendors and put together a detailed timeline so they all knew exactly when they needed to arrive for set up and break down (something I never could have done on my own). She also kept immaculate time management on the day of the wedding, which allowed me as the bride to relax and enjoy the day. At the end of the night Lizzie even surprised my husband and I with beautiful petals in our suite and water bottles on the bedside tables. Her attention to detail is unparalleled and I would highly recommend Lizzie to anyone getting married or planning a big event.

Hakuna Matata Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you for your review. I am so happy that we were able to help give you the day of your dreams. It was so beautiful!! Wishing you all the best!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Foreman Productions, Inc Foreman Productions, Inc Wedding Bands

Top notch planner. Lizzie really knows how to run an event. Our experience with her has been exceptional!

Digital Artisans Digital Artisans Wedding Videographers

Lizzie is a fantastic Wedding planner! Easily one of the smoothest weddings i've ever shot and i've been to a number of weddings as a photographer for the past 5 years! Was so easy to communicate with and handled every problem or hurdles throughout the event with a cool calm collected manner! definitely an expert and seasoned veteran in her field and would highly recommend her for any event, if you want a stress free and amazing party for you and your guests!

White House Wedding Photography White House Wedding Photography Wedding Photographers

We had an opportunity to work on a wedding with Lizzy of Hakuna Matada Weddings and Events in February 2017. Lizzy was the ultimate professional. She was highly responsive, warm and friendly and easy to work with. Lizzy go out of her way to ensure that we had all the support and assistant we need to do our job to the best of our ability. She is truly a gem and we look forward to working with her again. If you are getting married or having an event, we highly recommend that you contact Lizzy. We promise you will not regret it.

Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort & Spa
Karla Korn Photography
4.9 out of 5 rating , 77 Reviews
路 Wedding Photographers

6778 Skyline Drive Delray Beach, FL, 33446
Location of (Hakuna Matata Weddings and Events)

Other vendors in Miami for your wedding