Glorious Affairs

Middletown, RI View map Visit website

Glorious Affairs is a wedding catering company based in Middletown, Rhode Island. This dedicated team has provided couples with exceptional local cuisine, combined with impeccable service for over 25 years. They distinguish themselves from large caterers by offering a personalized and creative approach while focusing on even the most minor details.

Cuisine

Glorious Affairs specializes in crafting delicious wedding menus customized to suit each couple's preferences and tastes. Prospective newlyweds are invited to choose from a variety of hors d’oeuvres, salads, and main courses from each distinctive menu. The team's menu styles are extensive and include delicious buffet and family-style options along with brunch, stations, and plated meals. Dishes such as beef tenderloin, roasted cod with a tomato beurre blanc, and grilled swordfish with caper butter are just a few of the sumptuous culinary delights on offer. They are also happy to create a seasonal menu that speaks to the style of your celebration, offering tastings while also accommodating dietary requirements. The efficient staff is equipped to provide full bar services and offer a range of refreshing beverages such as signature cocktails, premium liquors, along with house wines and beer.

The Glorious Affairs catering team can provide several helpful services to ensure that your big day runs as smoothly as possible. For example, they offer delivery, setup, and cleanup services. In addition, they can also provide rental items such as linens, china, and flatware, along with tables, chairs, and glassware. Professional waitstaff will be on hand to serve drinks to your guests as they mingle with guests during the lavish cocktail reception. For convenience, the team at Glorious Affairs is also happy to provide cake-cutting services for your event.

Set Up
China
Linens
Flatware
Glassware

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Open Bar
House Beer
House Wine
House Liquor
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink

What event services do you provide?

Set Up
Clean Up

What catering services do you provide?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What types of cuisine do you cater?

African
Southwestern
Spanish
Thai
Vietnamese

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
No Pork
Kosher
Nut Free
Organic
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Liquor License
House Liquor
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Outside Alcohol

Which of the following items can you provide?

Chairs
Tables

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware
China
Chocolate Fountain
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

Holly Married on 12/18/2021

Best caterer out there!!!!

Oh my god, Barbara, Wendy, and her team were absolutely phenomenal!! Another bride hired them for her wedding 8 years ago, and she said how amazing they were, but ultimately, I thought how great can a caterer be, but wow was I wrong! When my husband and I first met with Barbara, we could tell she was going to go above and beyond for our wedding, planning out every little thing with us and providing us with several different options! She told us between her and our venue manager, they would act as our day of coordinators to make sure everything and everyone is organized. We immediately got a good vibe from her and booked right away! Thank god we did, because the pandemic happened and we knew we secured the best caterer around! Our experience with Barbara and her team was nothing short of incredible!! They were constantly communicating with us, even when I changed my mind 100 times, and always checking in with us. Our tasting was amazing and I didn't think the food could be any better, but the day of the wedding, it was truly even better!!! Our appetizers were actually incredible!!! We had so many people back out last minute, that they even gave us both the swordfish and filet mignon for our meal! The swordfish, which can be a tough fish to cook, was the most tender and moist fish I have ever eaten! My husband was so incredibly impressed as swordfish is his favorite fish ever! The filet mignon was a perfect medium rare and was able to be cut with a butter knife! Most people don't eat the sides at a wedding, but people literally cleaned their plates! Even the butternut squash ravioli was incredibly enjoyable!! We even had guests raving about the salads, as they were a large portion and super unique! My husband doesn't even like salads and was actually looking forward to eating the salad again after having it at our tasting! They accommodated us by making a delicious dessert called "The Grey Stuff" which people loved and even got one of my bridesmaids a dairy free dessert! The bartenders came up with my own drink for me through the wedding, Barbara made up a perfect Beauty and the Beast greeting drink to enter cocktail hour with for our guests, and we even received glasses of champagne for our toasts! Now the food and drinks were something to rave about, the staff was truly the best part of Glorious Affairs! Barbara, the owner, was attentive to us and all the little details both throughout the process and on the wedding day! She made sure everything was set up exactly the way I wanted it and kept us on schedule the entire day, especially making sure we ate! Her staff was absolutely perfect at the wedding! We had a server assigned to us all night, bringing us appetizers and drinks throughout the entire cocktail hour while we were taking pictures, and up to the room when I had to bustle my dress, our drinks were never empty at dinner or throughout the reception, and they made sure we were taken care of! Our guests raved about not only the food, but how attentive and helpful the staff was! Her staff even helped with my dress and making sure I never needed anything at any point throughout the night! I honestly could go on and on about Glorious Affairs, but if you want an AMAZING overall caterer, book them!! It will be the best decision you make!!
  • Amberly
    Amberly H. Married on 09/12/2020

Best of the best!

Glorious Affairs is the best of the best and we couldn't have asked for a better experience working with Wendy. I remember Wendy telling me that after wedding planning you end up feeling like the people you work with become your family and you're sad to say goodbye to them and it is so true. I am so incredibly thankful for Wendy, Barbara, and the entire Glorious Affairs staff for making our (covid) wedding so incredibly special.

The food options are outstanding - you cannot go wrong with anything you choose and if you have questions Wendy is the best in the business and really knows how to steer you in the right direction. My husband and I had one of the first covid weddings and I got to see first hand how flexible, passionate, dedicated and creative Wendy really is at making sure not only our experience was the best but our guests' experience as well. We had to make lots of changes to how food and beverages could be served based on rules and regulations from the state throughout the months leading up to the wedding (September 2020) and Wendy was there every step of the way making things work with us.

When the wedding was over, we had countless guests tell us this was the best food and service they had ever had at a wedding - delicious food and no one was ever left waiting for their next drink or bite to eat. I hands down owe it all to Wendy and her ability to be creative, flexible, and determined to make our wedding an unforgettable experience.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

80 photos · 09/21/2018

PartyGirl PartyGirl Wedding Bands

Amazing, caring, professional.

Linden Place Linden Place Mansion Weddings

Amazing boutique catering company. Barbara is an absolute delight to work with at every step of the process. If you want tons of personal attention and a caterer who is always one step ahead, Glorious Affairs is definitely for you!

926 Aquidneck Avenue Middletown, RI, 02842
4018420404
Location of (Glorious Affairs)

Glorious Affairs frequently asked questions

At Glorious Affairs, what does the full wedding catering service cost include?

At Glorious Affairs, the cost of the full wedding catering service includes:
  • Set Up
  • China
  • Linens
  • Flatware
  • Glassware

At Glorious Affairs, what does the bar service starting price include?

The bar service starting price at Glorious Affairs includes:
  • Open Bar
  • House Beer
  • House Wine
  • House Liquor
  • Premium Liquor
  • Signature Drink

What event services does Glorious Affairs offer for weddings?

Glorious Affairs offers the following event services for weddings:
  • Set Up
  • Clean Up

What catering services does Glorious Affairs provide for weddings?

Glorious Affairs offers the following catering services for weddings:
  • Buffet
  • Plated
  • Server(s)
  • Stations
  • Tastings

What types of cuisine can you find at Glorious Affairs?

At Glorious Affairs, you can find the following types of cuisine:
  • African
  • Southwestern
  • Spanish
  • Thai
  • Vietnamese

What dietary needs can be accomodated at Glorious Affairs?

At Glorious Affairs, the following dietary needs can be accomodated:
  • Nut Free
  • Organic
  • Vegan
  • Vegetarian

What type of bar services does Glorious Affairs provide for wedding events?

Glorious Affairs provides the following bar and beverage services for wedding events:
  • Liquor License
  • House Liquor
  • Premium Liquor
  • Signature Drink
  • Outside Alcohol

What type of food and beverage items does Glorious Affairs provide for wedding services?

To cater to all tastes, Glorious Affairs offers the following food and beverage items:
  • Barware
  • China
  • Chocolate Fountain
  • Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Linens

What percentage of users recommend Glorious Affairs and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Glorious Affairs is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Providence for your wedding