Kansas City, MO 64109 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 10 to 300
  • Photos & Videos 8
  • Pricing

About El Torreon

Imagine hosting your special day in the backdrop of a 1927 art deco building where some of the greatest jazz and rock and roll singers have performed - a place that has brought people of different ages and backgrounds together for nearly one hundred years. Now that's history!

With every El Torreon event - whether a wedding, graduation, bar mitzvah, business seminar, or an arts and entertainment event - we provide a stunning backdrop that will meet a wide variety of needs. This includes our stunning facility, comforting amenities and services, photographers, sound equipment and all of the details to make your day the most memorable possible.

Simply put, we keep the main thing in the spotlight and invite you into the nostalgic history of El Torreon.

After all, your day is all about... well... YOU!

WEDDING PACKAGES AND DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST

We are committed to making your special day memorable, stress-free, and affordable. We offer multiple event packages that suit a wide variety of needs. We don't claim to do it all for you, but we provide clear options that allow you to breath just a little easier. Unlike other venues, where you merely get a room, we affordably provide the venue, helpful staff members, a sound system and technician, in-house photography and make-up, and clean-up after the reception.

Of course, you can always select rooms and services via our "a la carte" pricing, but our wedding packages are a game changer for newlyweds, which allow you to focus on what matters - each other.

img9795

El Torreon 2
  • Porterpoppin

Ericka · Married on 03/29/2019

Beautiful venue

We used El Torreon for our wedding venue on March 29th this year! Kris was so easy to work with and very helpful throughout our entire wedding process! We had booked the venue November 2017 and had to change our date at one point, the process with the date change was very smooth! The venue itself is just beautiful, there's an awesome bridal suite and grooms room that we used as well that were awesome! We added on the kids room mostly so our son would have some where to play, also a great addition! Our wedding day was beautiful at El Torreon and our guests were impressed! I'd definitely suggest this venue to others looking for a beautiful midtown venue with all day use!!

Sent on 04/09/2019
    El Torreon 3
    El Torreon 4

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2018

I love this place and the people

What can I say about El Torreon! There are not enough words! If I could give this place 10 stars I would! Now I planned our wedding in less than 6 months so not much was lefts, but we were so lucky to have found El Torreon. Now when we first viewed El Torreon they were in the process or redecorating. They are still redecorating and renovating the upstairs, but this place was exactly what I had visioned. We aimed for rustic/romantic/farm/modern. My taste is all over the place, but El Torreon fit everything.

First we met with Kris. Kris is the guy you want helping with your wedding! He explained what El Torreon was all about. They do lots of work with the community, underprivledged youths, and multiple shelters. He was easy to get along with, personable, professional, and an amazing person. He answered all our questions in a timely manner, took our feedback and made changes, and eased all of our worries. During our wedding day I cannot explain how above and beyond he went. He is AWESOME!

During our planning, we realized we needed A LOT of help. So we up'd our package to the gatsby pacakge. We paid 9000 and it was worth it! We got to work with an amazing florist, baker, 3 El Torreon workers and coordinator.

Now I didn't get to meet the workers on the day, but I can only image what they had to deal with! They did so many behind the scene things with setting up and taking down that I am so incredibly grateful for how smoothly that went. I thought I would need at least 7 hours to set up everything I had brought in, but we were in and out. Then of course I didn't want to do anything after our wedding and I actually didn't have to. We got all our rentals out and they took care of all the cleaning! They were such an incredible help and I wish I could have spent time with them to thank them for all their help.

Justin Smith with j. Smith events was our florist and he made my vision come alive. Now flowers was the one thing that I had no idea about. Im so glad he stuck with us. I work night shift and I had no motivation to do anything. I waited until the last minute to give him everything I need. He took all my disorganized idea and poor planning and made the most beautiful arrangements. Everyone at my wedding commented on how beautiful everything was. He took all my scattered tastes and made everything cohesive. I loved working with him and he is so incredibly sweet.

Whitney worried with us for the cake. We were having a variety of desserts so we thought we didn't need a lot of cake. BOY WERE WE WRONG! Everyone loved the cake and it was exactly like I pictured. Whitney was awesome working with our scheudules and incredibly professional. She is very creative and can bring anything you think of to life!

Last but not least, Cori from com-po-sure. Cori may be an angel. She literally saved our wedding. My sister had gotten married the year before but it was a destination wedding so this was our first wedding with multiple moving parts, vendors, busy timeline, etc. I did not realized how much goes into a wedding. Cori was so incredible. She took everything we had in mind and made it a reality. We met with Cori about a month before our wedding and she kept in contact with us the whole time. She eased my mind about things that I thought was going to be an issue, she spoke with and coordinated all our vendors, made the wedding day go so smoothly It confused me that I didn't have to do anything, brought us our flowers WHEN WE FORGOT THEM, and hyped me up on our wedding day to name a few things. Cori is such an amazing person inside and out. She is so creative, professional, tough, and organized she is the person you want to helping you with your wedding planning and your wedding day!

Now it depends what package you get and what all is offered, but El Torreon is just amazing. They are a venue that is not only beautiful but sends a beautiful message with what they are doing and who they employ. I wish I could get married again so I could have another wedding there!

Sent on 11/20/2018

The Veil KC · Getting married on 05/22/2020

I am an event coordinator who works all over Kansas City this was my first time at El Torreon KC and I hope I can accurately describe to you how fantastic Kris and all the staff was for my clients. The venue is beautiful and can clearly be seen by taking a tour, or looking at pictures, but pictures cannot tell you the commitment and high-level of care that Kris has for everyone that walks through the door. From the moment that I met Kris I could tell my favorite mantra "Teamwork Makes the DreamWork" was completely true for him. Without this being a true statement for him we would not have been able to pull off making our clients experience the very best it could be. And not only does he care about your clients but he is just incredibly caring in general and you can tell by the way the venue is run. From the Child Care Room for younger guests, to the environmental practices: 1) where they recycle, 2) they work with a composting company that works with local school Gardens, 3) items that can be donated go to the local shelters. and he's even conscious of peanut allergies! I definitely will have to take a page out of Kris' book.. his question to me was "Is there anything I can do so that we can all win tonight?" WoW !!! If you are still looking for a venue to hold your event this is a must-see! From everyone at The Veil KC thank you we are huge fans!!

Sent on 09/02/2018