Charlottesville, VA 22911 Map · Phone number
Package Price $4,500
Availability Check your date

About Donovan-Groves Events

Donovan-Groves Events

We are a Charlottesville based wedding planning firm, with an additional office in Georgetown for our Northern Virginia couples. At Donovan-Groves Events, we take pride in providing exceptional service throughout the planning process. From the first consultation through the final sendoff, we are available to assist you in creating your perfect wedding. Most importantly, we understand and appreciate that all weddings are different, and that all couples desire different levels of planning attention.

We only work with one couple each weekend to ensure you have our complete focus and attention.

Planning

Full Service Planning

Our Full Service Planning option guides you through every step of your wedding. We assist you in the planning of every detail and work with you in selecting the venue, photographer, caterer, musicians, calligrapher, officiant, and all vendors needed to build the perfect team for your wedding.

Partial Planning

Our Partial Service Planning option lets you decide the elements of the wedding with which you need the most assistance. We respect that there are aspects of the process you prefer to plan on your own, and we are happy to incorporate those into your overall event. Our packages allow for flexibility and help you make the most out of your planning experience.

Month-Of Planning

Our Month-Of Planning option is designed to assist our couples who require minimal planning assistance. We work with you in the final stages of your planning to help bring it all together and give you the freedom to enjoy your wedding day.

Other Services available

Donovan-Groves Events 3
Donovan-Groves Events 4
Donovan-Groves Events 5

Ally · Married on 08/03/2019

Want a stress-free wedding weekend? Hire Donovan-Groves Events!

Hiring Adam and his team was easily the best wedding planning decision we made. Words can never express how grateful I am to Adam and his team, but I will do my best!

We hired Adam for his 'month-of coordinating' (their version of 'day-of' coordinating). For context, I am an extremely type-A, detail-oriented person. The chances of me being able to relax on my wedding day were pretty slim - it's just who I am! But...Adam and his team were so incredible, I was not stressed AT ALL. I felt like a 'guest' (not a 'host') my entire wedding weekend. They are complete professionals, know the Charlottesville vendors extremely well, take the stress out of your wedding day, and execute the most stunning event.

Highlights of our planning experience with Adam:
    -From the start, we really benefited from his wealth of knowledge/experience. He has done so many weddings that he knows ALL the tricks that a n00b like me wouldn't even think of. Example: on our first call, we expressed the challenges of our rehearsal timing (at our venue, rehearsal must conclude by 3pm, but our rehearsal dinner started at 6pm...so just an awkward amount of time in between). Adam enlightened us that we didn't have to do the rehearsal AT the venue. As a result, we just rehearsed at our rehearsal dinner location right before. This is something I never would have thought of!
    -About 4-6 weeks before your wedding day, Adam and his team like to take over as the main point of contact for your vendors. This was HUGE. I still remember the day Adam said "okay, you're officially planned, I'll take it from here." My fiance came home that day and immediately noticed how relaxed I was. It was like a weight had been lifted!

Now onto wedding weekend...I'm pretty sure Adam and his team wear capes. So many times they 'saved the day' without me even knowing - they did a great job of dealing with minor issues without bothering the bride.
    The best example: the weather! The morning of our wedding, the forecast was clear skies all day, so we felt comfortable setting up for our outdoor ceremony. Wedding was at 6:00. At about 5:30, Adam approaches me and says "small change of plans, as soon as that last bus of guests gets here...we're getting you married!" Turns out there was a massive thunderstorm rolling in out of nowhere, and it was too late to move things inside! What I loved about this: (a) Adam made the hard decision for me, and (b) he was very calm and never got me stressed out about this. Our wedding ceremony was so lovely, and the storm ended up turning south...but we are forever grateful that in this potentially stressful situation, Adam took ownership to 'solve' (or plan for) the problem.

Since the wedding, my family and I continue to say that Adam was the best money we spent over wedding weekend. Don't hesitate - hire Adam and his team, you will not regret it!

Sent on 11/17/2019
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 05/04/2019

The best of the best! I can not thank their team enough. He truly made my dreams come true. I loved every moment of working with them!

Adam and his team are INCREDIBLE! From start to finish he went above and beyond. From helping to pick vendors, to food tastings, to picking out rentals, to ensuring the timeline was perfect, and SO much more. I knew with Adam that our day was going to go so smoothly. He is organized and ensures everyone is aware of the plan for the day. He is so much fun to be around on your wedding day. Don't look anymore!! Adam with Donovan-Groves Events an his team truly are the DREAM TEAM!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Katheryn M. · Married on 11/17/2018

THE. BEST. 5/5 stars doesn't do Adam and his team justice!

5/5 stars feels like it’s shorting Adam and his team--they are THAT good!! From the initial flurry of picking big vendors, Adam was incredibly helpful – offering information to help shorten the list of vendors to consider (preventing us getting stressed out with information/option overload), helping set up calls/tastings, and making sure we did so in a timely fashion. For decisions with vendors with which we had limited experience (e.g., lighting, table linens), we would leave it to Adam to do what he thought was best—and boy, did he deliver! His recommendations for everything from lighting, to timing to tableware, were perfect—far better than what we would have done if we had to make all of those decisions ourselves! Beyond being absolutely amazing and incredibly helpful throughout the planning process, Adam perfectly orchestrated the day-of, which was no easy feat as we had a complicated wedding – two ceremonies, use of 4 different areas on a vineyard property, and a surprise firework show (to name just a few curveballs we threw his way!), and Adam ensured every component was in place, on time, and executed flawlessly… I could write a novel on how great Adam was, but I’ll summarize it with: If you are considering a wedding planner, look no further than Adam and his team. They are the best in the business. Hands down, end stop.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Donovan-Groves Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 2500.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 4500
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 7500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Day-of Coordination
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Destination
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Rabbi Vanessa Ochs, wedding officiant
    Rabbi Vanessa Ochs, wedding officiant Wedding Officiants

Adam Groves-Donovan is, in my opinion, the best in the business. I am always thrilled when I get to work with him, and not just because he is so very professional--he is also so sincere, generous, and best of all--chill and reassuring at the right moments.

• In Full
    In Full Wedding Bands

Adam is THE BEST!

• Big Ray & the Kool Kats
    Big Ray & the Kool Kats Wedding Bands

We have worked with event planners all over the country, and only a very few stand out in terms of style, class. elegance and a sterling ability to lead a first class event. Adam and Donovan Groves Events are the cream of the crop.

• Charlottesville See on map
    4344651076 (Other Phone Number)