Charlottesville, VA 22911 Map · Phone number
Package Price $4,500
Availability Check your date

About Donovan-Groves Events

Donovan-Groves Events

We are a Charlottesville based wedding planning firm, with an additional office in Georgetown for our Northern Virginia couples. At Donovan-Groves Events, we take pride in providing exceptional service throughout the planning process. From the first consultation through the final sendoff, we are available to assist you in creating your perfect wedding. Most importantly, we understand and appreciate that all weddings are different, and that all couples desire different levels of planning attention.

We only work with one couple each weekend to ensure you have our complete focus and attention.

Planning

Full Service Planning

Our Full Service Planning option guides you through every step of your wedding. We assist you in the planning of every detail and work with you in selecting the venue, photographer, caterer, musicians, calligrapher, officiant, and all vendors needed to build the perfect team for your wedding.

Partial Planning

Our Partial Service Planning option lets you decide the elements of the wedding with which you need the most assistance. We respect that there are aspects of the process you prefer to plan on your own, and we are happy to incorporate those into your overall event. Our packages allow for flexibility and help you make the most out of your planning experience.

Month-Of Planning

Our Month-Of Planning option is designed to assist our couples who require minimal planning assistance. We work with you in the final stages of your planning to help bring it all together and give you the freedom to enjoy your wedding day.

Other Services available

Donovan-Groves Events 5
Donovan-Groves Events 6
Donovan-Groves Events 7

Katheryn M. · Married on 11/17/2018

THE. BEST. 5/5 stars doesn't do Adam and his team justice!

5/5 stars feels like it’s shorting Adam and his team--they are THAT good!! From the initial flurry of picking big vendors, Adam was incredibly helpful – offering information to help shorten the list of vendors to consider (preventing us getting stressed out with information/option overload), helping set up calls/tastings, and making sure we did so in a timely fashion. For decisions with vendors with which we had limited experience (e.g., lighting, table linens), we would leave it to Adam to do what he thought was best—and boy, did he deliver! His recommendations for everything from lighting, to timing to tableware, were perfect—far better than what we would have done if we had to make all of those decisions ourselves! Beyond being absolutely amazing and incredibly helpful throughout the planning process, Adam perfectly orchestrated the day-of, which was no easy feat as we had a complicated wedding – two ceremonies, use of 4 different areas on a vineyard property, and a surprise firework show (to name just a few curveballs we threw his way!), and Adam ensured every component was in place, on time, and executed flawlessly… I could write a novel on how great Adam was, but I’ll summarize it with: If you are considering a wedding planner, look no further than Adam and his team. They are the best in the business. Hands down, end stop.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 05/05/2018

I truly believe that every bride should hire Donovan-Groves Events, and hire Adam. He was the BEST decision we made throughout the wedding planning process. He made everything easy at every step of the way. He helped us find our vendors and think through our vision for the event (and everyone he recommended was amazing to work with - and you never, ever felt like he was recommending someone so he could get a deal - always gave open and honest insight). He helped deal with all our mini crises, including our venue cancelling nine months out from the wedding. In a way that only Adam can do, he took an impossible situation, and found us a venue we loved even more. He dealt with all of the logistics, in a way that made it possible for my mom and I to actually enjoy wedding planning. He never made us feel stressed, and only brought things to us when he absolutely had to. Not only that, but he designed an absolutely beautiful event. Like, one of those events where you look around and think to yourself "I can't believe this is actually my wedding!" He is also just a joy to work with. Hire DGE. You will not regret it.

He made hiring our vendors easy, dealt with every crisis that came up with ease and professionalism, and designed the most beautiful event.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Catherine · Married on 03/30/2018

Donovan Groves Events was hands down the best money that we spent during the entire wedding planning process. I would give Adam a 6-star review if I could! My fiancé and I lived a few hours from Charlottesville, and we literally could not have pulled our wedding day off without Adam’s wide network of contacts (for absolutely anything and everything we needed!) or his eye when it came to the design of our event. I cannot say enough great things about Adam, but I think what we appreciated most in him was the flawless coordination and service he provided on our wedding day. Adam took care of absolutely every detail before I even had the time to worry, leaving me to relish the day and the time with my new husband. With DGE, you don’t need to think about anything (from retouching your lipstick to packing everything up in the getaway car at the end of the night) except enjoying your wedding day. Several of my bridesmaids have been in many weddings, and all commented that they’ve never seen such seamless execution and attention to detail on a wedding day. We were within a few weeks of our wedding when we thought our officiant might have to cancel due to a family emergency. We panicked, but Adam (while on vacation in Europe) had a replacement for us lined up for us within 5 minutes. Our officiant ended up making it after all, but we were nonetheless amazed by Adam! As if that isn’t enough, Adam has a heart of gold, a great sense of humor and is a complete blast to be around. Trust me, that’s a huge bonus and added benefit that you definitely appreciate on your wedding day! My husband and I miss Adam and were actually really sad after all of the planning was done. If you want the absolute best and the assurance that your day will go perfectly no matter what...then there truly is no other way to go than Donovan Groves Events!

Sent on 06/11/2018

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 4,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 7,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Military
  • How many planners are on your team? 2

• Rabbi Vanessa Ochs, wedding officiant
    Rabbi Vanessa Ochs, wedding officiant Wedding Officiants

Adam Groves-Donovan is, in my opinion, the best in the business. I am always thrilled when I get to work with him, and not just because he is so very professional--he is also so sincere, generous, and best of all--chill and reassuring at the right moments.

• In Full
    In Full Wedding Bands

Adam is THE BEST!

• Big Ray & the Kool Kats
    Big Ray & the Kool Kats Wedding Bands

We have worked with event planners all over the country, and only a very few stand out in terms of style, class. elegance and a sterling ability to lead a first class event. Adam and Donovan Groves Events are the cream of the crop.

• Charlottesville See on map
    4344651076 (Other Phone Number)