417 Locust Street, Hudson, WI 54016 Map · Phone number

About donae cotton photography

Weddings are an amazing lifetime event. A seasoned, professional photographer is crucial to tell your wedding day story. I have been photographing weddings for 11 years locally, nationally and internationally; from gorgeous barn settings to glorious yacht clubs, chartered cruisers, beaches, forests and intimate backyards.

I want to capture the way you smile at each other, that awesome bond the 2 of you have, the excitement on your faces as you see each other for the 1st time walking down the aisle and the joy you experience as you move to the next exciting chapter in your lives! I like to keep the big day upbeat, drama free and above all FUN! Throw in some romance, some artistic shots, some high fashion poses and real moments, and you have yourself one heck of a Wedding Day Story in your images! One day when you are old and grey and you're sitting in your rocker on your porch sipping tea (or bourbon! - whatever your choice may be), when you flip through your photos, I want you to grin from ear to ear as you remember every detail of your super sweet, amazing wedding day!

Below are my 3 packages that I offer. If you need help in deciding which package is right for you, let's chat. It would be 'just swell' to be your wedding photographer!

Flirty - $2,999 - 6 hours of coverage
Sassy - $3,999 - 8 hours of coverage
The "Diva" $4,999- 12 hours of coverage

All packages include:

Donae as the Lead Photographer and a 2nd Shooter (Weddings out of the Twin Cities or State/Country will incur an additional fee - send me a message for information)

Editing of Images (turnaround time depends on workload, but is approximately 8-10 weeks)

Private Online Gallery of Wedding Images to share with your family and friends (high resolution with my Print Release)

Unlimited phone calls, coffee dates and brainstorming sessions to PERFECT your wedding day!

*1 hour Engagement Session {Twin Cities Weddings}

50 free miles of travel {additional miles @ 0.60 per mile}

A $850 non-refundable retainer is required, along with a signed contract to secure your wedding date.

If you do not see a package within the 6, 8 or 12 hour packages that fits your budget, I do offer a'la carte pricing of $500 per hour. My a'la carte pricing is not available on Saturdays during peak wedding season (May thru September), however if I am open on your wedding day and your wedding has a short booking window, it may be a possibility. Contact me and let's chat! You never know until you TRY! ;)

Available for Weddings Nationally and Internationally (Inquire for Pricing Breakdown)

*Engagement sessions do not add monetary value to your package. These sessions are an opportunity to get to know each other and for you to use the images from the session for a wedding slideshow, save the date cards, announcements, printing etc. The Engagement session occurs before your wedding and cannot be redeemed for a shoot after your wedding has occurred.

Need an Engagement Session without a wedding package? The cost is $475.

Want to add a "whimsical un-booth" to your wedding reception?

We'll set up a fun backdrop, provide the booth with props from hats to mustaches to signs to frames (the options here are endless), professional lighting and a fun, outgoing photographer to capture the wild, crazy and hilarious shots of your guests. The booth opens after your dinner/speeches/1st dance and will last until the end of the evening that you have contracted with Donae Cotton Photography. The Gallery for your whimsical booth is posted to your Facebook page for all your guests to enjoy and download at their leisure as well as posted to an online gallery.

A' LA CARTE wedding items may be added on to any package and include:

A 8x8 Leather Bound 20 spread Engagement album for $450
Wedding Albums ($250 design fee, a 6x6 20 page spread is $650, an 8x8 is $850 and a 12x12 is $1,250)
Hi Res copy of your Engagement Photos onto a Thumb drive ($225)

Follow donae cotton photography on

taylor chris 21

21 Reviews for donae cotton photography

donae cotton photography 1
donae cotton photography 2

Christine · Married on 01/23/2015

Donae was so wonderful to work with! My wedding party had so much fun working with her. She made everyone feel comfortable and ensured everyone had a great time during pictures.
    She gets your photos to you in a timely matter, her prices are super competitive, and she is very professional.
    I can't wait to work with her again in the future!

Sent on 12/09/2014

sasha · Married on 12/13/2014

wow! donae is amazing. she connected me to so many of my wedding vendors, making my time of wedding planning a breeze! we loved having her capture our wedding day for us. she was fun to have around and made us all feel so comfortable! having our photos taken by her was so easy. she guided us to make us all look our best and we LOVE LOVE LOVE our photos!! i am recommending her to all my friends! we loved her!!!! thank you donae!!!

Sent on 01/12/2015
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 05/18/2012

Donae is FABULOUS!!! I would highly recommend her to everyone who is tying the knot! Her value is so worth it! She takes your theme and puts it into action! I have never felt so beautiful in photos and my now husband loves the photos of himself as well!! Donae is VERY professional and such a fun woman to work with! Everyone in my family and wedding party loved her! We loved her! She is very flexible and such an AMAZING photographer! She worked with our difficult schedule the day of the wedding and made it so much fun! We love our wedding photos!!

Sent on 05/25/2012

donae cotton photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,999.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Trash The Dress, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Save the Date, Thank You Cards
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,999.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Toning, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

• Queen of Cakes
    Queen of Cakes Wedding Cakes

Are you looking for creative, unusual and a bit sassy? Then you should call Donae. Her repertoire includes wedding photography and so much more. We love her work!

• Kat Minks Design
    Kat Minks Design Wedding Planners

Donae was a joy to work with and has a unique infectious energy about her. Fun and extremely talented.

• Fabulous Functions, LLC
    Fabulous Functions, LLC Wedding Planners

Donae creates one of a kind photos for couples! I love that she finds a unique twist to add for each couple and so make it something out of the ordinary. On top of that she is a ton of fun to work with, that, combined with her professionalism, makes for a wonderful day and hundreds of beautiful photos to cherish for a lifetime!

• 417 Locust Street Hudson, 54016 See on map
    6518291688 (Other Phone Number)
    6518291688 (Fax Number)