Dj Shakey - **Top Rated & Affordable**

Dj Shakey - **Top Rated & Affordable**

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Dj Shakey - **Top Rated & Affordable**

For FASTEST QUOTE, fill out "quote form" at link below, or call / email DIRECTLY - thank you : )

PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY - shakey@djshakey.com, 201-679-9736, or send your details for a quote with my website's online quote form: http://tinyurl.com/shakeyquote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dj Shakey is for wedding couples who want something different than the typical "cheesy" wedding dj.
Top rated: Modern Bride, New York Magazine, Bizbash, WellWed, and more!
I customize the music for every event.

FOR WEDDINGS: I combine your requests and guidelines with my collection of crowd pleasers and personal favorites. I try to play something for everyone and make sure it's a great party. The amount of emceeing (if any) is chosen by the wedding couple, no showboating! I have worked in the NYC clubs for 20 years (and still do), I mix and match beats like a club dj.

When contacting me for a quote, please include: date, venue address, music start / stop times, number of guests, basic schedule, any other equipment related details (like music in more than one room, alternating with band, etc). Feel free to call with questions, no annoying hard sell, just answers and recommendations.

MUSIC:
80’s, soul, mashups, dance, funk, remixes, rock, oldies, swing, alternative, latin, reggae, ska, soca, house, club - classics, lounge, hip hop, R&B, jazz, rareties, disco, pop, blues, acid jazz, breakbeat, rave, mod, psychedelic, punk, metal, country, standards, DC go-go, bass (miami / detroit / baltimore breaks / chicago), turntablism, jungle / d’n’b, novelty, world, EDM, experimental, LOTS MORE!.....

For more info, venues, past clients, more press, music, see www.djshakey.com
Scroll down for anwers to your FAQ

Categories: Wedding DJ

Regions serviced: New York City

61 Reviews for Dj Shakey - **Top Rated & Affordable**

Liability Insurance (4)

DJ Shakey kept the dance floor full and the energy high. I can't say enough about how perfect her song selections were throughout the evening. Laid-back and lovely to work with as well. I'd work with her again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

DJ Shakey is a gem. She has an encyclopedic knowledge of music, and is really excellent at integrating your personal taste with songs that keep your guests happy. We gave her a list of about 8 or 10 "must plays" and about 25 other suggested songs so that she could get a sense of what we liked -- she played many of the songs we suggested, blended them perfectly with her own selections, and kept the dance floor packed all night. She is also super chill -- she made a few bare bones announcements, but otherwise let the music speak for itself, which is exactly what we wanted.

Profile Picture breanne, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Shakey is an absolute force!!

It was super awesome to have a DJ with such a broad range of music that could find a balance between our eclectic taste and music for a good portion of our guests who are more top-40 centric. A few months before the wedding, she sent us an extensive list of music styles, bands, and wedding/party standards to choose from. She consulted with us after, making sure we had enough sit-down and dance options for her to work with. She did such an incredible job with what we gave her, as well as accommodating the requests of our guests. And, to top it all off, she worked in a MISFITS song, which myself, so many of my guests, and photographer, were super surprised by and excited to dance to.

She was also super flexible, as we were still uncertain the day of where to fit the first dance, and was able to accommodate the change in schedule. There was an issue with the volume of her microphone, though it may have been because of the sound system in the venue. It made some of the transitions (first dance to reception, cake cutting, etc.) confusing, but we were able to work with it, and she remained totally calm throughout.

Thank you for an amazing night!!!!!

Profile Picture Jennie, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews