Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Dj Shakey

For FASTEST QUOTE, fill out "quote form" at link below, or call / email DIRECTLY - thank you : )

PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY - shakey@djshakey.com, 201-679-9736, or send your details for a quote with my website's online quote form: http://tinyurl.com/shakeyquote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dj Shakey is for wedding couples who want something different than the typical "cheesy" wedding dj.
Top rated: Modern Bride, New York Magazine, Bizbash, WellWed, and more!
I customize the music for every event.

FOR WEDDINGS: I combine your requests and guidelines with my collection of crowd pleasers and personal favorites. I try to play something for everyone and make sure it's a great party. The amount of emceeing (if any) is chosen by the wedding couple, no showboating! I have worked in the NYC clubs for 20 years (and still do), I mix and match beats like a club dj.

When contacting me for a quote, please include: date, venue address, music start / stop times, number of guests, basic schedule, any other equipment related details (like music in more than one room, alternating with band, etc). Feel free to call with questions, no annoying hard sell, just answers and recommendations.

MUSIC:
80’s, soul, mashups, dance, funk, remixes, rock, oldies, swing, alternative, latin, reggae, ska, soca, house, club - classics, lounge, hip hop, R&B, jazz, rareties, disco, pop, blues, acid jazz, breakbeat, rave, mod, psychedelic, punk, metal, country, standards, DC go-go, bass (miami / detroit / baltimore breaks / chicago), turntablism, jungle / d’n’b, novelty, world, EDM, experimental, LOTS MORE!.....

For more info, venues, past clients, more press, music, see www.djshakey.com
Scroll down for anwers to your FAQ

Categories: Wedding DJ

Regions serviced: New York City

63 Reviews for Dj Shakey

Liability Insurance (4)

Shakey was an absolute dream to work with. I've danced to her DJ sets many times and knew she had a reputation as a top shelf wedding DJ. When time came for me to find a wedding DJ she was the first person I reached out to. Shakey not only made it incredibly easy to articulate our musical vision for the reception, she also thoughtfully educated us on what works best, musically, for a wedding like ours. Hard to put a value on the confidence that came from knowing that we were working with someone who has thousands of hours of experience doing something so important as setting the vibe for our wedding.

In the above and beyond category: she also rented us the DJ equipment and soundsystem, set everything up and coordinated with 2 other DJs we also had to make sure that the night flowed smoothly. And it really did. First dance was perfect, the hora was beautiful chaos, and the dance party afterwards had all 3 generations from both of our families shaking it on the floor. I really couldn't be happier with how the music turned out. I'm also not surprised at all, because I knew from the start that Shakey was a true master.

Profile Picture Evan, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Shakey was a fantastic DJ for our wedding-- played a great mix of tunes that reflected our tastes, while still allowing flexibility for requests, etc. Reliable and responsive, she helped make the night a blast!

Profile Picture Matthew, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Shakey kept the dance floor full and the energy high. I can't say enough about how perfect her song selections were throughout the evening. Laid-back and lovely to work with as well. I'd work with her again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews