Attributes highlighted by couples
On WeddingWire since 2017
Situated in New York, DJ Doogie is a music entertainer for unforgettable events. This DJ, aka Raymond Dookhie, enjoys being a part of every celebration, including your rehearsal dinner and reception. They will be thrilled to work with you and your significant other to create a playlist that goes above and beyond your expectations.
DJ Doogie offers custom services, so your event can feel and look like a dream come true. They also provide multi-room setups, so each room can have your desired atmosphere. These setups will include high-quality equipment, such as video projectors and specialty lighting. In relation to your music entertainment, DJ Doogie specializes in several music genres, such as the following:
- South Asian
- International (Bollywood, Indian, Soca, Reggae, Dancehall, Reggaeton, Afrobeats)
- Hip Hop & R&B
Frequently asked questions
What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
What is included in the starting price?
What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
What is the starting price for uplighting?
What music genres do you specialize in?
What services do you offer?
What additional equipment do you offer?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
Diverse, accommodating DJ + MC with excellent music selection
- Has experience with international weddings. We requested Tamil music which he was not previously familiar with, but he did his research and selected some awesome songs! We also gave him a song list and he played everything we asked him to play. He made sure to mix in some different genres of music and skipped anything we asked him not to play. He also played to the crowd, if guests were into a style of music, he'd play more of that to keep the energy going.
- Very responsive from the beginning right up until the day of the event. We never had trouble communicating with Ray.
- Provides a Wedding DJ Planner document which really helped us with our planning considering we didn't have a wedding planner. He's very organized and helped us plan out a schedule for the event. Without his experience and advice, the whole night may not have gone as smoothly.
- Ray was really professional the entire time, even when we had last-minute requests/changes to the schedule.
- Communicated directly with hall staff and our day-of coordinator to ensure everyone was on the same page and to ensure our event went smoothly without any major hiccups. He adapted during the event when necessary, for example when dinner wasn't ready when we thought it would be.
This is clearly something Ray is passionate about. He genuinely wants your event to be the best it can be and he will do everything he can to make sure music, videos/slideshows, and MCing is covered so you can relax and enjoy your event. If you hire Ray, you'll be in good hands, we really wouldn't have had such a great event without him. The entire night and even afterwards, we kept hearing from our friends and family how awesome the music was and how much everyone loved our DJ!
Are you interested?
Do you want more pricing details?
Ray is a multi-talented DJ and MC with over 20 years of DJing experience. He specialized in weddings, corporate events, private functions, birthday parties and more. Offering a wide range and services including upfront planning and consultation services free of charge! This allows you to customize playlists and event agenda based on your specific needs. Ray plays what you like! He has a library of over 10,000 thousand songs, there is something for everyone. He loves all genres of music that span the decades. This includes, but is not limited to, Billboard top 100, Dance, Pop, EDM, Hip-hop, R&B, Disco, 80s, 90s, Soca, Reggae, Dancehall, Chutney, and Bollywood Dance tracks. His experience allows him to keep the party going and the dance floor packed.