187 Wayne Street, No. 116-C, Jersey City, NJ 07302 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Deals 1

About DJ Ceremony

Welcome! I'm an extremely versatile wedding DJ based in the East Village of New York City with 15+ years of experience DJing a variety of types of events from private parties, to weddings, to NYC clubs & lounges. My music library is vast and spans an array of genres. I enjoy playing a wide array of gender, including Pop, Indie, Vintage Soul, Electro, '80s, Retro, Motown, New Wave, Hip-Hop, Classic Rock, Funk, Disco, and Rock 'N' Roll, among others.

I've played at well over 150 venues in and around New York City since 2001, and am the current producer and DJ of the celebrated monthly Smiths & Morrissey tribute dance party: "Oscillate Wildly", as well as "House Of Commons", NYC's premier all-British dance party. I also founded and co-produced a weekly neo-burlesque and variety show: "Corruption At Tammany Hall" in 2012, and produce an array of one-night-only special themed parties around New York City.

What distinguishes my services:

• I PROVIDE A PERSONALIZED, BOUTIQUE SERVICE. My clients work with me, and my events are not sub-contracted to other DJs on a roster based on availability.

• I CREATE A HIGHLY CUSTOMIZED SOUND FOR YOUR EVENT. What I play at your event will not sound like anyone else's event. Less disciplined DJs will play very similar sets at every wedding that they do. I specialize in getting a high degree of feedback & input from my clients, and using that information to craft a pinpointed sound that makes their event's sound one-of-a-kind.

• A METICULOUS NATURE. I bring a standard of perfectionism and attention to detail to every wedding that I do. (Frankly, I can't do otherwise!)

• A PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE. I actually care a lot that every one of my weddings is a complete smash! The importance and gravity of the event and how special it is is not lost on me by any means.

f4ef912030617350 1473058264553 bride hands in air 850w
DJ set up with the couple
DJ set up with the couple
f4ef912030617350 1473058264553 bride hands in air 850w

41 Reviews for DJ Ceremony

Denise · Married on 07/13/2018

As a fan of DJ Ceremony's 80's events and tribute sets, I was thrilled to hire him as our wedding DJ this weekend. Working with Carlos was one of the best decisions we made when choosing our vendors and the one I was most looking forward to having at the event. We met with Carlos months before the wedding and went over our music preferences. He was incredibly professional and responsive the entire time leading up to the wedding.
    He was there when we arrived at the venue and ready to go. He did an amazing job coming up with the perfect playlist for our big day. I absolutely loved all of his choices and he incorporated a lot of the songs we wanted. Everyone was raving about the music and how he kept the dance floor going all night. He did a great job with introductions and MC-ing the first dance, cake cutting, etc. However, he really just let the music shine - which was exactly what we wanted. I highly recommend him for any event as he is extremely versatile and totally accommodating to any requests that come his way. A pure pleasure to work with!

Sent on 07/15/2018

CLAUDIA · Married on 02/24/2018

Carlos just DJ'ed at my daughter's wedding, and we were thrilled. He was very responsive to our needs and requests. He was easy to work with and a bargain for what he charges. Carlos even helped us find a pianist for the early part of the evening. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 03/05/2018

Courtney · Married on 02/24/2018

Working with DJ Ceremony was one of the best decisions we made when choosing our vendors for our wedding. From our first email exchange to the end of our wedding night, he went above-and-beyond to help us create the perfect playlist and musical aesthetic we were going for (80's New Wave, lots of Bowie) while keeping everyone dancing. We're still getting compliments and comments from our guests about "our" great musical taste, though my husband and I completely attribute that to DJ Ceremony! Professional, reliable, experienced and just plain cool, DJ Ceremony truly played a major role in helping us achieve our vision and vibe for our wedding. Thank you!

Sent on 04/01/2018

DJ Ceremony FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,440.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,440.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Electronic, Hip Hop, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Sound/PA System

Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• DJ Ceremony 1
    10% off total wedding DJ services cost for advance payment
    Hello. I always offer 10% off the total wedding DJ cost for advance payment. Please contact me with details about your wedding for a rate quote!

• Annie Lawrence, NYC Wedding Officiant
    Annie Lawrence, NYC Wedding Officiant Wedding Officiants

I closely follow DJ Ceremony online as we have the same taste in British Alternative music! He DJ's the celebrated Smith's/Morrissey Oscillate Wildly party at The Delancey, and is the perfect choice for the eclectic or indie bride. If your tastes are for Cocktail Hour, Dinner Music, Soul, Pop, Rock, Top 40, 80's alternative, Emo--he will spin the mix that gets the party started & keeps it going!

• Anna Rozenblat Photography
    Anna Rozenblat Photography Wedding Photographers

I worked with Carlos on a wedding in Briant Park Grill. He's an great DJ - people LOOVED the music he was playing and were dancing non-stop [which is so great for me as a photographer - When people are having a good time, they look beautiful! :) I would recommend Carlos for any wedding or event in a heart-bit!

• Timecut Photography
    Timecut Photography Wedding Photographers

I recommend the services of DJ Ceremony NYC to make your wedding day special. You can't go wrong with them :)

• 187 Wayne Street, No. 116-C Jersey City, 07302 See on map