Houston, Houston, TX 77379 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2

About J. Kelly Productions

J. Kelly Productions is a wedding DJ company based in Houston, Texas that throws a no-holds-barred party for their couples to remember for years to come. This wedding DJ company ensures that your celebration will have the crowd pumped and energized throughout the entire day with your personalized soundtrack. J. Kelly Productions would love to take care of all your entertainment needs for your special day.

Experience
The staff at J. Kelly Productions has over ten years of experience emceeing for weddings and celebrations. The DJs at J. Kelly Productions are not there to simply press play but to bring a unique and electric energy to your wedding day.

J. Kelly Productions offers a variety of services that will make customizing your soundtrack and entertainment as easy as possible. From lighting to sound systems, this wedding DJ company will attend to all the little details of your wedding day so you won’t have to. DJ services offered include the following:

• Consultation

79 Reviews for J. Kelly Productions

• Megan

Megan C. · Getting married on 04/02/2022

Great Wedding DJ

DJ J. Kelly did a wonderful job at our wedding. He took the time to meet with us and really get a sense of what kind of music we liked. He made sure to play our must-have songs as well as keeping the music upbeat and flowing. My husband and I really enjoyed his work.

Sent on 07/22/2020
  • Brennan

Brennan F. · Married on 03/06/2021

Excellent!

I learned of J. Kelly Productions through my venue and I am so happy that I chose them for my big day. Working with them was very easy and I was able to fill out and update a questionnaire for months leading up to the wedding with what I envisioned for our wedding! Due to COVID, we had our pre-wedding meeting via phone but I felt like I personally knew Jacob Kelly after speaking with him. He was so personable and made us feel so comfortable talking about what we wanted for our wedding. He provided us with great suggestions and took the time to make sure he had the versions we wanted of certain songs. On the wedding day he was very professional and did so well reading what the crowd wanted and made it so much fun!

Sent on 04/21/2021

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

J. Kelly Productions FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 995.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1195
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 200.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Christian
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Uplighting

2 Real Weddings

• Pedigo Photography Wedding Photographers

After photographing over 400 weddings I can tell you without a doubt your choice in DJ will either make or break your wedding reception. It's the difference between "Are you ready to go hunny?" and "Wow that was fun." No seriously...it's super important. I could go on and on about Jacob's ability to make a playlist flow, mixing, MC skills, personality, etc but really what it comes down to is Jacob understands people. To be cliché I'd say he's a "people person". Good DJs can make a great playlist but great DJs read a crowd and make sure the energy flows throughout the evening. To this day Jacob has never said to me..."I just can't get anyone on the dance floor." If he sees a lull it's time for a switch and I can tell you from years of working with Jacob there's almost never a lull. So what makes Jacob different? He actually cares. No really...he actually personally cares how the event goes. For instance... Don't Stop Believin' should be saved. It's an end cap, a climax. Jacob understands that all too well. There are few songs that are guaranteed to pack a floor (aka Cupid Shuffle). Think of those as kindling for a fire. They are used at various times throughout the night to pull people in. Many DJs will tell you this but what they don't tell you is how they move from this song to maintain the floor. The difference between a good evening and a great evening full of energy happens in the transition after these. Ask Jacob what comes after Copperhead Road. I have no idea. I'm just a photographer. That's why I don't DJ. It's not easy and I've seen it happen 400 times. DJs often work on volume. Lots of events. It's easy for it to just become another night at the office but I can honestly say I've never seen this from him. He didn't just stumble into being a DJ. He's a music guy. It's in his blood. Come to think of it I don't ever recall him staring blankly at the dim light of a laptop monitor. He moves to the beat. You could call it dancing but that's hard to do when you're spinning discs. Jacob just feels it. You will too.

• Houston Houston, TX, 77379 See on map
    225-396-2791 (Phone number)
    Location of (J. Kelly Productions)