J. Kelly Productions

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,195 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,195 Most Popular Price

J. Kelly Productions is a wedding DJ company based in Houston, Texas that throws memorable celebrations for couples in the area. This wedding DJ company ensures that guests are primed and energized for the celebrations, providing vivacity and personality all day long. With over 10 years of experience emceeing for weddings and events, the DJs know how to execute a fun and lively celebration.

J. Kelly Productions provides a variety of services to make your wedding day as stress-free as possible. From lighting to the sound systems this wedding DJ company will look after all the fine details so couples can focus on enjoying their night. The DJs customize the soundtrack and entertainment to a couple's specifications, allowing the pair's personality to shine through on the day. J. Kelly Productions also provides further services in its packages including:

• A consultation
  • Do-not-play list
  • MC
  • Microphones
  • Sound and PA system
  • Uplighting

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$995

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,195

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$200

What music genres do you specialize in?

Christian
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
MC

What additional equipment do you offer?

Uplighting

• Cheri
    Cheri L. Getting married on 03/03/2023

Excellent!

J Kelly Productions did our annual fundraising Gala, and did an outstanding job. He keep the program moving, and played awesome upbeat music to keep our guests entertained all evening! I would highly recommend him to coworkers and friends.
    Laura M. Married on 05/07/2022

Everything we wanted and more

We had super high expectations for our DJ, and let's just say they far surpassed them. They had the dance floor going all night. People that i thought for sure wouldn't dance were even out there partying with me and my husband. We had been to a lot of weddings in the past year and saw how a bad DJ could ruin the entire wedding, so we were incredibly picky. We spoke with Jacob and he was just so friendly and easy going and more than willing to accommodate our request. After our conversation we knew they were the ones. So many great memories it would take too long to list them all here, but they were absolutely perfect.
  • Megan
    Megan C. Married on 04/02/2022

Great Wedding DJ

DJ J. Kelly did a wonderful job at our wedding. He took the time to meet with us and really get a sense of what kind of music we liked. He made sure to play our must-have songs as well as keeping the music upbeat and flowing. My husband and I really enjoyed his work.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

44 photos · 07/25/2020
  • Lindsay & Jeff
    25 photos · 03/22/2019

Pedigo Photography Pedigo Photography Wedding Photographers

After photographing over 400 weddings I can tell you without a doubt your choice in DJ will either make or break your wedding reception. It's the difference between "Are you ready to go hunny?" and "Wow that was fun." No seriously...it's super important. I could go on and on about Jacob's ability to make a playlist flow, mixing, MC skills, personality, etc but really what it comes down to is Jacob understands people. To be cliché I'd say he's a "people person". Good DJs can make a great playlist but great DJs read a crowd and make sure the energy flows throughout the evening. To this day Jacob has never said to me..."I just can't get anyone on the dance floor." If he sees a lull it's time for a switch and I can tell you from years of working with Jacob there's almost never a lull. So what makes Jacob different? He actually cares. No really...he actually personally cares how the event goes. For instance... Don't Stop Believin' should be saved. It's an end cap, a climax. Jacob understands that all too well. There are few songs that are guaranteed to pack a floor (aka Cupid Shuffle). Think of those as kindling for a fire. They are used at various times throughout the night to pull people in. Many DJs will tell you this but what they don't tell you is how they move from this song to maintain the floor. The difference between a good evening and a great evening full of energy happens in the transition after these. Ask Jacob what comes after Copperhead Road. I have no idea. I'm just a photographer. That's why I don't DJ. It's not easy and I've seen it happen 400 times. DJs often work on volume. Lots of events. It's easy for it to just become another night at the office but I can honestly say I've never seen this from him. He didn't just stumble into being a DJ. He's a music guy. It's in his blood. Come to think of it I don't ever recall him staring blankly at the dim light of a laptop monitor. He moves to the beat. You could call it dancing but that's hard to do when you're spinning discs. Jacob just feels it. You will too.

Houston Houston, TX, 77379
Location of (J. Kelly Productions)

Other vendors in Houston for your wedding