J. Kelly Productions Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Cheri
    Cheri L. Getting married on 03/03/2023

Excellent!

J Kelly Productions did our annual fundraising Gala, and did an outstanding job. He keep the program moving, and played awesome upbeat music to keep our guests entertained all evening! I would highly recommend him to coworkers and friends.
    Laura M. Married on 05/07/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything we wanted and more

We had super high expectations for our DJ, and let's just say they far surpassed them. They had the dance floor going all night. People that i thought for sure wouldn't dance were even out there partying with me and my husband. We had been to a lot of weddings in the past year and saw how a bad DJ could ruin the entire wedding, so we were incredibly picky. We spoke with Jacob and he was just so friendly and easy going and more than willing to accommodate our request. After our conversation we knew they were the ones. So many great memories it would take too long to list them all here, but they were absolutely perfect.
    Elissa M. Married on 04/10/2022

Best Reception Ever

Jacob was awesome to work with! We had originally booked with another company that turned out to be not so great, and we knew from our first conversation with Jacob that he was going to be the best! He was so personable when we spoke to him, and really got to know what we liked/disliked, and did a fantastic job at recommending other songs right up our alley. The dance floor at our wedding was always packed, and the music kept people constantly dancing and having a great time. We had the absolute best reception thanks to J. Kelly productions!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Megan
    Megan C. Married on 04/02/2022

Great Wedding DJ

DJ J. Kelly did a wonderful job at our wedding. He took the time to meet with us and really get a sense of what kind of music we liked. He made sure to play our must-have songs as well as keeping the music upbeat and flowing. My husband and I really enjoyed his work.
    Jordan T. Married on 03/13/2022

Highlight of our wedding

What a great DJ! Having J. Kelly Productions DJ out wedding was the highlight of the whole night. I never left the dance floor. They were so easy to work with and our DJ was so helpful in helping select songs. Our friends said it was the most fun they'd ever had at a wedding!
    Jennifer F. Married on 02/04/2022

Thanks for the memories!

Our wedding was perfect and the DJ was such an integral part of that. From our ceremony to providing music for our cocktail hour to helping with a microphone for our family member to play a song to the dancing they were on point the whole night. We cant say enough great things. The dance floor was the highlight for sure. The way he transitioned from one song to the next. It felt like a journey through sound, and we were waiting for what he would play next. So many memories thanks to them.
    Angela Married on 01/23/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Customizable Easy Peasy Music and Photobooth Experience!

We found J. Kelly through our wedding planner (shout out to Cmart Celebrations) and he was great to work with! Planning a Houston wedding from out of state during a pandemic was definitely challenging, but J. Kelly made the music part easy-peasy by being responsive to e-mails and great during phone meetings with us. He had wedding packages that also allowed flexibility in adjusting items so we got what we wanted and nothing we didn't need. We also loved the light bars that matched the music tempo instead of a conventional disco ball, it was especially a hit with the kids who were mesmerized by the changing colors. We gave him several songs that we wanted to play during different parts of the night (pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner etc.) and if a song didn't make it during that time frame, we heard it elsewhere during the night which was awesome. He was also a great Emcee and all microphones and speakers worked well from our outdoor patio ceremony to our indoor reception and back outside for our outdoor dance floor. We also hired our photobooth through J. Kelly and even though they did not provide props due to COVID (we went to Party City and got our own) they were great in helping us create a look with our color scheme and several of our guests commented how nice the photobooth lady was! We definitely recommend J. Kelly for any special events if you're looking for a customizable, easy music experience!
  • Courtney
    Courtney H. Married on 01/22/2022

Best dj ever

We found J. Kelly through our wedding planner, Kari Reyes from Notably Yours. He was fabulous to work with. My husband and I live out of state and Jacob was so accommodating with out schedules. He had several zoom meetings with us. He helped us pick out our songs and he delivered an amazing experience at the wedding. We did a dj/band hybrid at our wedding. Jacob had to work with the band from Signature Eventx and they were phenomenal. It was the best entertainment I have ever experienced at a wedding. J. Kelly was the leader and the band members amplified his music. It was amazing. He is the best. I wish I could relive the entertainment at my wedding. It was amazing.
    Brittany H. Married on 01/16/2022

Best wedding ever!

From start to finish can't say enough great things. Our wedding was simply magical and the DJ was such a big part of it. We used them for the ceremony and reception. The ceremony was flawless. Our family hearing our vows was a big deal to us and our DJ provide and extra mic so we could be heard. Dance floor was packed the whole night and got so many compliments on the music and how much fun our friends were having.
    Carol H. Married on 01/15/2022

J Kelly is Excellent

Jacob was the DJ at my daughter's wedding on 1/15/22. I initially wanted a band but my daughter insisted on a DJ. Jacob was recommended by our venue and boy was it amazing. He was incredible. All his services were impeccable and I'm so thankful we used his services vs. a band, To the lighting, photo booth, lettering and DJ services, he was beyond excellent. I received rave reviews from all the guests. I would recommend him for all your wedding needs.
    Abby D. Married on 12/17/2021

Fun and Fresh Style

If I had to give my DJ a score of 1-10 it would be 1000!!! The music, the fun remixes, the energy in the room was beyond words. We didn't want your basic wedding music, so we discussed this with our DJ and he was more than excited saying he had a bunch of fun remixes and different versions of popular songs to accommodate. It was awesome to hear the fresh takes on the songs that we all grew up to, and our guests enjoyed them as well. Thank you J. Kelly Productions for bringing our vision to life.
    Jennifer B. Married on 12/17/2021

What A Wedding!

Hire them! We can only hope everyone had the same experience we did. The planning process was so great with them. Jacob was our DJ, and he took the time to help us with all the questions and concerns we had the months preceding our wedding. The day of our wedding was exactly as expected. Fun, High Energy, and Professional to the T. He even helped us fit in a special request for my grandparents who had there wedding anniversary that day. He knows how to make sure everyone gets their chance to get out and dance. THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR DAY SO SPECIAL!
  • Danielle
    Danielle S. Married on 11/21/2021

We love Jacob!!

Where do I even begin. Jacob blew us away with his DJing. He listened to everything we wanted and we had so many guest on the dance floor! We had multiple guest saying how amazing he was during the night! From the microphones he provided, to the up lighting for the dance floor, and even having our monogram made for the day of! Everything was perfect and exactly what we envisioned for our wedding day! He even gave us the disk that our monogram was made on, and we plan on turning it into a Christmas ornament for our tree to remember that special day!
    Julia S. Married on 11/06/2021

Dance floor was PACKED!!

Jacob might have been my favorite wedding vendor. I keep telling my guests that my favorite part from the whole night was how packed and energetic our dance floor was, ALL BECAUSE OF JACOB!! He's the absolute best - look nowhere else for your DJ! You will NOT be disappointed - he keeps the party and energy going! He's so professional and the best in the business!
  • Kaley
    Kaley Married on 08/14/2021

He brought the HYPE

Jacob was great from the start and we knew we wanted him as our DJ for a few years now! My SIL had Jacob at her wedding and he was, of course, stellar so we had high hopes when booking him for our wedding and he did not disappoint! He wanted to make sure we were 100% comfortable with him and he matched everything we had hoped and dreamed for our special day. We had a few phone calls and exchanged texts with a sample playlist so he could really get a good grasp of our vibe! Our guest danced until the very last second and we are so happy we picked Jacob as our DJ for our wedding!
  • Alexis
    Alexis R. Married on 06/12/2021

WOW! Your guests will remember how much fun your day was with J. Kelly

Wow! DJ Kelly made our wedding one to remember! The dance floor was full the entire night. Jacob not only played our song requests but read the room perfectly and played the right songs at the right time with seamless transitions. We danced and sang all night with our guests of various ages. Our friends RAVED multiple times during the after party about how awesome our DJ was. You will not be disappointed. We got married yesterday and we’re already trying to come up with more grand gathering ideas to party with DJ Kelly again.
    Megan M. Married on 05/20/2021

So much fun!

We had such an incredible time with Jacob as our DJ. He was so fun and lit up the whole reception. I would recommend him to anyone!
  • Madeline
    Madeline Married on 03/28/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great! Creative, well rounded, and fun!!

Jacob was great! With his creativity and the most amazing NBA announcer voice, Jacob introduced our bridal party with an unforgettable grand entrance to the Chicago Bulls walk out song. He went above and beyond by adding in his own quirks and jokes to the entrance and our guests absolutely loved it - it was perfect and was just what we needed to start our reception. Jacob listened to my husband and I’s requests; he played our “must haves” and did a great job listening and incorporating our style of music. He did a fantastic job of catering to our older crowd at the beginning of the evening and then to our younger crowd towards the end. He didn’t budge on our “do not play” list (which was greatly appreciated). We definitely recommend him! Thank you, Jacob!
    Jordan M. Married on 03/20/2021

The best of the best

Could not of had a better dj! Everything was perfect as expected, the music was great, the lights were awesome, and he had everyone dancing the whole time! J. Kelly Productions definitely goes above and beyond in all aspects.
  • Brooke
    Brooke C. Married on 03/20/2021

Excellent DJ

DJ Jacob went above and beyond for our sons wedding and reception. He understands the crowd vibe and knows exactly how to keep the party going. Not only was he professional but also personable. He was so much more than just a DJ. All of our friends and family had a great time and of all the feedback we received from the special night, the DJ received five stars from everyone!! Thank you for making an already special night SPECTACULAR!!!
  • Brennan
    Brennan F. Married on 03/06/2021

Excellent!

I learned of J. Kelly Productions through my venue and I am so happy that I chose them for my big day. Working with them was very easy and I was able to fill out and update a questionnaire for months leading up to the wedding with what I envisioned for our wedding! Due to COVID, we had our pre-wedding meeting via phone but I felt like I personally knew Jacob Kelly after speaking with him. He was so personable and made us feel so comfortable talking about what we wanted for our wedding. He provided us with great suggestions and took the time to make sure he had the versions we wanted of certain songs. On the wedding day he was very professional and did so well reading what the crowd wanted and made it so much fun!
  • Brittany
    Brittany D. Married on 02/26/2021

Non-stop dancing!!!

HIRE HIM!!! We had such an amazing time because he had such an incredible way of reading the room and keeping the songs on that kept people on the dance floor! He was SO much fun as a person and it showed through as he DJ'd! Seriously the best choice we made - I wish I could get married again so we could hire him again!
  • Hannah
    Hannah W. Married on 01/31/2021

Best DJ Ever!!!

We got married back in January and Jacob made everything SO easy. Communication with him was great and he just really has it all down. He kept the crowd on the dance floor and made sure we were having fun until the very end! Highly highly recommend
    Marianne R. Married on 12/19/2020

Wedding reception

Music & MC kept the party going!
    Joe Married on 12/04/2020

One of a kind

It was on point and made all requests happen.
illustration stars