934 Balsamina Dr, Brandon, FL 33510 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About DJ by CJ

With more than 22 years’ experience as a professional DJ and 2000 events in their repertoire, John and his team have earned a reputation throughout the Tampa Bay, Orlando and Sarasota areas as the go-to guys for creating fun, unforgettable events. The team of DJ by CJ have an extensive musical background that give them the edge over other DJs. As a professional drummer, the owner John worked for years performing both on stage and in the recording studio. He has a comprehensive understanding of music, its effect on your guests and, more importantly, how it can make or break your event. The team of DJ by CJ can provide all clients an event to remember from a complete state of the art sound systems, 55" and 6' x 8' video screen, Gobo Monogram, Intelligent lighting and all your wireless uplighting needs.

• On The Move Productions

DJ by CJ 5
  • Heather

Heather Risener · Married on 01/11/2020

The best DJ ever!

My husband and I recently hired DJ Nick Bockholt for our wedding and honestly could not have asked for a better DJ. He was exceptionally professional, reaching out as time got closer to nail down details, super attentive, quick to respond to text/calls, and overall a genuine person who knew what he was doing and did it well!
    Between the music, lighting, announcements and the fun games, Nick really made sure that the atmosphere of our wedding was everything we could have hoped for and more. My husband and I hand picked a lot of our songs, but then we asked Nick to use his judgment on additional songs based off our taste in genre. Nick was very detail oriented, ensuring that everything went exactly as requested. At the end of our beautiful day, we received tons of compliments on the music and the overall environment provided by Nick.
    DJ by CJ is seriously the only music service that I would recommend to anyone if you are looking for an absolutely flawless and memorable wedding. We feel like we made a friend for life!!

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Alex

Alex Negron · Married on 01/04/2020

Much more than just a DJ

John did an amazing job and answered all of our questions and took the time to make sure everything was what we wanted. He was by far one of our favorites parts of the wedding and he made everything easier for us. Would recommend to anyone looking for a quality DJ at a great price. Thanks again John!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Horowitz · Married on 01/04/2020

Exceeded Expectations to Create a Beautiful Night of Love, Laughter and Dancing!

John from DJ by CJ and his assistant exceeded any expectations I had for my DJ services on my wedding day. I typically feel out of my element and uncomfortable dancing/ on the dance floor and I give them both credit for creating a memorable experience for my husband and I. I've had so many compliments from my guests regarding my DJ, song choice, and energy level of the night. John made it a point to ensure that everything was running smoothly and checked-in and guided us throughout the evening. The company on the preferred vendor list for my venue and I would recommend their services in a heartbeat. John sat with my husband and I to go through a run down of the event a little less than a month prior, which helped me put together the pieces of what to expect during the night and he was very patient and helpful picking out dedicated songs that I needed for the night (final dance, walking down the aisle, etc). John made us feel comfortable being ourselves and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ service! Thank you for an incredible, memorable night!

Sent on 01/11/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

DJ by CJ FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 801.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1024
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Flat Screen
    Projector
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 350.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Country
    Oldies
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
  • What services do you offer?
    Bilingual MC
    Do-Not-Play List
    Karaoke
    Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Flat Screen
    Projector

Real Weddings

• Sinai Mutlimedia
    Sinai Mutlimedia Wedding Videographers

Dj by CJ Are always super professional and always make the wedding such an incredible and fun time! Great guys, great company.

• Stamas Events
    Stamas Events Wedding Planners

DJ by CJ was awesome to work with! They were kind, flexible with changes, and easy to communicate with. They are more than happy to work with and accommodate any other vendors (bands/singers) that the couple wanted. They have an assistant with them at all times to help coordinate entrances. Everything runs smoothly and the music always gets guests up on their feet dancing! My bride's have nothing but great things to say!

• Harpist Kristen Elizabeth
    Harpist Kristen Elizabeth Wedding Musicians

John's expertise and professionalism will help you make your special day even more memorable!!! He's amazing!

• 934 Balsamina Dr Brandon, FL, 33510 See on map