DJ by CJ Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Anthony
    Anthony L. Getting married on 08/03/2022

Outstanding!

Our DJ was absolutely outstanding. We were given a sheet that allowed us to pick WAY more songs than we cared to pick. After talking with our DJ he ensured us that we did NOT have to choose a song for each entry we were emailed about, so we picked what was important to us, (Bridal march, first dance, etc), and he did the rest. On the day of, the music kept the party going, and our DJ did an EXCELLENT job of moving things along while keeping it fun and relaxed. HIGHLY recommend these guys.

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for the testimonial!! DJ Darby & DJ Josh had an awesome time that night! We wish you both all the true love & happiness in your marriage!!
  • Abby
    Abby K. Married on 05/20/2022

Easiest decision EVER!

DJ BY CJ is hands-down the BEST DJ service you could use for your wedding! IF I COULD GIVE HIM 10 STARS, I WOULD. 5 stars doesn’t do them justice. Leading up to the big day, John communicated with us frequently. He sent a very detailed questionnaire and accommodated all our timeline requests. From the ceremony to the cocktail hour, to dinner, and then to the dance portion of the night, the music was perfect. We got countless compliments from all our guests on the variety, popularity, and seamless transition of music. John and his nephew were one of the best parts of our wedding day. He's incredibly easy to work with and was the single reason why our reception was SO MUCH FUN! Look no further for your wedding DJ... The competition isn't even close.

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for this AMAZING testimonial! I can't thank you both enough for giving me the honor to be a part of your big day! I wish you both all the true love and happiness together forever ❤️
  • Allison
    Allison Married on 05/06/2022

Exceptional

I just wanted to extend my gratitude to Darby for his professionalism and great personality. Additionally, your ability to go with the flow when my mom decided to go rogue. :-) The wedding was an extreme success in our eyes and I just wanted to send a quick note thanking you both. Planning a destination wedding is difficult, but I knew finding a DJ didn't have to be.

If you are considering a DJ for your wedding, look no further!

Thank you Darby so much!

DJ by CJ's reply:

We at DJ by CJ cannot thank you enough for giving Darby the honor to be a part of your momentous occasion! We wish you both all the true love and happiness together forever ❤️ 💜
    Nicolette C. Married on 04/23/2022

The best dj there is

John was nothing short of an amazing dj and exceeded our expectations as a dj. He helped us drastically with suggestions and recommendations to awe our guests and to add an extra special touch to our wedding. He also took some pictures of our night as this wasn’t asked. He is very friendly and easy to work with. If you’re looking for a dj, don’t hesitate!

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you both again for giving me the honor to be a part of your big day! You both are the sweetest couple! ❤️
    Dennis M. Married on 04/16/2022

Absolutely Perfect

4/16/22 Daughters Wedding. From day one speaking with John DJBYCJ I knew we would be well taken care of. From day one the communication with my daughter to make her day perfect was amazing. He and Josh was so professional, organized that everything went as smooth as anyone could ask for. Absolutely hope everyone thats needs a DJ gets to experience this wonderful person and his business. Thanks John ! Can’t thank you enough !

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you Denise for giving me the honor to provide the sound track to an amazing night! I can't thank you enough for everything! You and you family are absolutely the sweetest people! I wish more people in this world were as nice as yourself!
    Andrew Married on 03/11/2022

Absolutely amazing

Best DJ out there. Made the process so simple and fun. He knew exactly what to play to get everyone on the dance floor. 11/10 would recommend.

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for the incredible testimonial!! We had such a great time being a part of your magical day! ❤️❤️
    Marley L. Married on 02/26/2022

Really great and helpful

Had an awesome wedding, DJ by CJ was super willing to work with my husband and I. They made it a really great time. Would highly recommend them.

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for giving DJ Darby the honor to be a part of your momentous occasion! We wish you both all the true love and happiness together ❤️
    Arielle J. Married on 02/19/2022

DJ by CJ is incredible

The best wedding DJ ever!!!!!!

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome testimony! We had a blast that night. We wish you both all the true love and happiness together forever!❤️
  • Devynne Brewer
    Devynne B. Married on 02/12/2022

Wedding by DJ by CJ

Thank you so much DJ by CJ for the excellent service you provided! John and his team definitely killed the night of our wedding and had everyone involved and on the dance floor the entire time! Since our wedding day, we have been told so many times how much fun the night was and it wouldn’t have been the same without DJ by CJ! John definitely understands how crazy wedding planning can be and helped plan out the entire night while we focused on the smaller details. He knew songs right off the top of his head that described our relationship perfectly and that made the night even more special by having that piece. We want to thank you John for the outstanding performance and we could not be happier with your service! We will definitely be recommending you to all of our family and friends in the future for any event! Choose DJ by CJ!

Devynne and Tyler
    We can't say thank you enough for this amazing testimonial!! You two will go down as one of my all time favorite couple's!❤️❤️
  • Lina
    Lina Married on 12/11/2021

Best DJ Service!

I want to start this reviwe by saying thre is no one better than these guys. We are extremly gratful and happy taht we used DJ by CJ for our wedding In December 2021. We really had to shop around for a DJ, but we are now certain we made the best choice. If you are in doubt just call the owner of the company John. Our initial phone conversation with him was about an hour long and he listened well and made sure he answers all questions we had. he gave us great suggestions and assigned us the best DJ-DJ Nick and his assistant. Nick was very professional and not only provided a great format to fill in for songs but was helpful with suggestions and influence based on his vast experience. He truly was a crucial part in the flow of the wedding and always brought great energy in everything he did and we are very grateful. They work with us for our special request and not only made that happend but went beyond and results were even better. We really appreciate again all the work that was done by the company and especially Nick.

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for the testimonial and giving Nick the honor to be a part of your big day! Your DJ Nick had an awesome time rocking your night! ❤️❤️
    Amanda V. Married on 12/08/2021

Outstanding!!

John and his team were absolutely amazing! They did a wonderful job putting everything together. He is flexible and will offer advise and help to give ideas different types of things he does to try and get everyone included during the night! I can not express enough how pleased we are with everything John has done to help make our day absolutely perfect! Highly recommend these guys!!

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you Amanda and Bryan for this incredible testimonial! I can thank you both enough for giving me the honor to be a part of your momentous occasion!
    Liam M. Married on 12/04/2021

John Strandberg

Unbelievable experience! John and his team made our day. He took the time with my wife and I to sit down and coordinate a wedding that we had envisioned. John met and exceeded our expectations! He comes highly recommended! Liam and Monica :)

DJ by CJ's reply:

I can't thank you both enough for giving me the honor to be your DJ! Your wedding will go down as one to remember forever!!❤️
    Scott W. Married on 12/04/2021

I was the father of the groom

DJ Darby has a vast knowledge of all kinds of music spanning many decades. He knows the right mix for the right crowd and is able to read the crowd to keep the party going at just perfect pace. I highly recommend him.

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much Mr. Woss for this incredible testimonial! DJ Darby had a blast and was honored to be a part of your families momentous occasion!!
    Rory B. Married on 11/28/2021

Fantastic , DJ Darby played all my songs!!

DJ Darby made our wedding easy fun and unforgettable
    Emily B. Married on 11/13/2021

Great DJ for Our Wedding!

We used DJ by CJ at The Florida Aquarium as they are a preferred vendor. They were great to work with, meeting with us and our officiant via Zoom (we are from out of town) beforehand to go over the playlists and the ceremony. DJ Darby followed through on what we wanted in terms of songs, and even recommended songs. I needed a hymn for my ceremony and DJ Darby gave me something I really wanted. I also love U2 and noticed he played U2 when everyone was sitting down and eating during the reception. He got everyone on the dance floor and even took requests. He greatly assisted with the planning of the reception as to what events happen when. I couldn't ask for a better wedding, and I am so glad I hired DJ by CJ.

Hi Emily,

Thank you so much for the incredible testimonial! Your DJ Darby Place can't thank you both enough! We wish you all the true love and happiness together ❤️
  • Katie
    Katie S. Married on 11/06/2021

Amazing DJ

John is truly an amazing DJ! He’s super interactive with guests and knows how to keep guests on the dance floor. He meets with couples several times to ensure he knows timelines, expectations, etc. We booked him because he was highly recommended from friends and family, and we know why!
  • Kendra
    Kendra M. Married on 11/06/2021

Best choice we could have made

When I was DJ searching for my wedding, i noticed a vendor review on Tampa Bay Weddings group page. this bride highly recommended DJ by CJ so i checked them out. after reading reviews i decided to go for it. from our very first conversation all the way to the wedding day John put my husband and i at complete ease. we were stressing and kind of clueless on how to go about a-lot of things. he helped us figure out a schedule and gave awesome suggestions. he'd give us options to choose from for entrance music and when i asked him for a mix of canon in d and the office piano theme song, he found the perfect ones to combine. he even helped my dad with catering suggestions. John and his assistant were both awesome the day of. My dad and i both kept saying our Dj choice was the best decision we made! You will NOT go wrong by going with Dj by CJ. Thank you for everything John!!!

Kendra and Josh,
    Thank you both so much for giving us the honor to be a part of your special day! We wish you both all the true love and happiness together forever ❤️
  • Meg
    Megan L. Married on 11/05/2021

DJ by CJ to the rescue

My husband and I really needed a DJ when ours fell through ONE month… yes one month before the wedding. We found DJ by CJ and wish we started with them. John was amazing with communicating and put us in touch with DJ Steven Maldonado! DJ Malado was amazing he took the time to ensure our vision came to life. It was the little details like cuing him if the dances felt dragged out or making my special needs sister in law feel like a star with her own dedicated dance performance for us! He was amazing and kept our small but mighty party going. Thank you John and Steven for making our wedding one to remember and saving us from what could have been disastrous.

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for this incredible testimonial! DJ Steven Maldonado and I were so honored to be able to make this a night to remember!❤️
  • Rhi
    Rhi D. Married on 10/23/2021

Fantastic DJ

Had an amazing ceremony and reception with a pretty awesome soundtrack. Nothing but praise from all our guests and we didn't want the dancing /night to end! Thanks!

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you Rhianna ❤️ It was our honor to be a part of your momentous occasion! We wish you both all the true love and happiness together!!
  • Y
    Yaisel C. Married on 09/17/2021

Amazing best Dj

John was amazing, we had the best time at our wedding everyone was dancing all night long . From the first conversation we had with him he was so awesome he explained everything to us and if we had any questions he always responded on the same day . Look no further he is the best .

DJ by CJ's reply:

I can't thank you and Erlan enough for giving me the honor!! Your wedding will go down as one of my all time favorites!!
  • Stevie
    Stevie C. Married on 08/13/2021

Phenomenal DJ

Best DJ ever! We knew from our first conversation that he'd be perfect. He's knowledgeable, fun, experienced, professional, etc.

We'd recommend him to anyone. Our friends and family were impressed with the playlist at the wedding and said it felt perfect for us. He got all our favorite songs in! He also ran the reception flawlessly, made a slideshow of our pictures to show during the reception, and as an added bonus, took some fabulous pictures of us and our event!

Amazing experience. He definitely helped make our wedding fabulous.

DJ by CJ's reply:

It was truly my honor to be your DJ and I wish you both true love and happiness together!!
    Samantha O. Married on 06/13/2021

Phenomenal

He is a MUST as a DJ!!! He went above and beyond to help up plan out our big day. We were planning from a different state and he helped us plan every detail, even when it had nothing to do with the music. He was so kind, professional and his willingness to help make our day perfect was so appreciated. If you’re wondering about him… TRUST THIS REVIEW!!

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for this AMAZING testimonial! We truly loved being a part of your momentous occasion! Wishing you both all the true love and happiness together!❤❤
    Scott S. Married on 06/04/2021

Very professional

Nick was excellent. Highly recommended

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for the testimonial!! It means everything to us!! We wish you both all the true love and happiness!
  • Callie
    Callie A. Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing DJ!

We are SO happy with our experience with our DJ John! Very professional & super organized leading up to our big day. We were from Michigan planning a wedding in Florida & the whole planning experience with this company was easy & stress free. The day of our wedding everything went smoothly. John knew exactly what to play to keep the crowd dancing. Our wedding guests are still talking about how awesome the music was & how much fun they had at our destination wedding. Highly recommend! Wish we could relive our wedding day over again!

Callie and Rob,
    Thank you so much for this AMAZING review! We loved every moment of your wedding and we loved meeting your incredible friends and family!! Love to you both ❤💕
  • Jill
    Jill S. Married on 04/17/2021

Professional, easy going, and ran smooth!

Very impressed on how professional DJ Darby and DJ Josh were. When I was first seeking out DJs for my wedding, I spoke on the phone with John and knew right then I was going to hire them. Very professional and up front with what they offer, their pricing, and timeline of things. Had easy communication with DJ Darby. Day off... Music flowed, the energy was awesome, and timeline went exactly as planned! If you want an awesome, professional, and easy going DJ service! Hire them!!

Jill,
    Thank you SO MUCH for the incredible testimonial for DJ Darby and DJ Josh! DJ by CJ is so honored to have been a part of your big day!! We wish you both all the true love and continued happiness in your beautiful journey together!!