DJ by CJ Reviews

141 Reviews for DJ by CJ

• Anthony

Anthony L. · Getting married on 08/03/2022

Outstanding!

Our DJ was absolutely outstanding. We were given a sheet that allowed us to pick WAY more songs than we cared to pick. After talking with our DJ he ensured us that we did NOT have to choose a song for each entry we were emailed about, so we picked what was important to us, (Bridal march, first dance, etc), and he did the rest. On the day of, the music kept the party going, and our DJ did an EXCELLENT job of moving things along while keeping it fun and relaxed. HIGHLY recommend these guys.

Sent on 03/29/2021

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for the testimonial!! DJ Darby & DJ Josh had an awesome time that night! We wish you both all the true love & happiness in your marriage!!

Samantha O. · Married on 06/13/2021

Phenomenal

He is a MUST as a DJ!!! He went above and beyond to help up plan out our big day. We were planning from a different state and he helped us plan every detail, even when it had nothing to do with the music. He was so kind, professional and his willingness to help make our day perfect was so appreciated. If you’re wondering about him… TRUST THIS REVIEW!!

Sent on 07/02/2021

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for this AMAZING testimonial! We truly loved being a part of your momentous occasion! Wishing you both all the true love and happiness together!❤❤

Scott S. · Married on 06/04/2021

Very professional

Nick was excellent. Highly recommended

Sent on 06/13/2021

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for the testimonial!! It means everything to us!! We wish you both all the true love and happiness!
  • Callie

Callie A. · Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing DJ!

We are SO happy with our experience with our DJ John! Very professional & super organized leading up to our big day. We were from Michigan planning a wedding in Florida & the whole planning experience with this company was easy & stress free. The day of our wedding everything went smoothly. John knew exactly what to play to keep the crowd dancing. Our wedding guests are still talking about how awesome the music was & how much fun they had at our destination wedding. Highly recommend! Wish we could relive our wedding day over again!

Sent on 06/01/2021

Callie and Rob,
    Thank you so much for this AMAZING review! We loved every moment of your wedding and we loved meeting your incredible friends and family!! Love to you both ❤💕
  • Jill

Jill S. · Married on 04/17/2021

Professional, easy going, and ran smooth!

Very impressed on how professional DJ Darby and DJ Josh were. When I was first seeking out DJs for my wedding, I spoke on the phone with John and knew right then I was going to hire them. Very professional and up front with what they offer, their pricing, and timeline of things. Had easy communication with DJ Darby. Day off... Music flowed, the energy was awesome, and timeline went exactly as planned! If you want an awesome, professional, and easy going DJ service! Hire them!!

Sent on 04/26/2021

Jill,
    Thank you SO MUCH for the incredible testimonial for DJ Darby and DJ Josh! DJ by CJ is so honored to have been a part of your big day!! We wish you both all the true love and continued happiness in your beautiful journey together!!

Casey · Married on 04/03/2021

Wedding DJ

Our experience was amazing! Dj darby and Josh were so professional , handsomely dressed and extremely friendly. All of our guest raves about the play list!

Sent on 04/22/2021

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for your testimonial! Darby and Josh were honored to be a part of your big day and they had such a great time!!
  • Derek

Derek P. · Married on 04/03/2021

*Highly recommend* DJ by CJ

Look no further, John and his team at DJ by CJ are some of the best in the business. From the moment I met John at a showcase, there was no doubt in my mind that he was the right man for the job. In my opinion the DJ is one of the most essential factors of a wedding celebration. John and his associate were not only kind but caring, compassionate, and accommodating. John is amazing at reading the crowd and making sure people are having the time of their lives. He will conform to any type of wedding celebration you request. He helped my wife and I throughout all of the events during the reception. John knows how to keep the party flowing with no pauses in celebrating. If you're looking for someone who is a veteran in the business and can provide you with a top notch level of service, give John a call. We cant thank him enough for helping make our wedding day flawless and unforgettable.

Sent on 05/12/2021

DJ by CJ's reply:

Wow.. thank you Derek & Tori so much for this AMAZING review!! You both are definitely the most incredible couples I've met in my 25 years. I wish you both all the true love and happiness together ❤ Forever your DJ!!

Brittney M. · Married on 12/25/2020

Don’t wait, BOOK NOW!

Having DJ by CJ as our DJ was the BEST choice. John was SO responsive, professional yet friendly, and over all an expert in his trade. John is truly passionate about what he does and it shows. Everything is planned out from arrival to last song. He kept the night on track and I never worried about ANYTHING. I was very nervous as the day got closer because I didn’t know when certain things would happen (cake cutting, garter toss, etc.) but once meeting with John and discussing the upcoming wedding I left the meeting SO relieved. The music selection was AMAZING and really got the reception going! Our wedding was a mix between American and Mexican and my husbands father has a band and wanted to play for a bit during the reception and John was so patient and worked them into our reception. He really was so much fun to have and his personality is perfect for emceeing. I could go on and on, but you may miss out on your opportunity of booking DJ by CJ if you keep reading. Don’t hesitate, book now!

Sent on 02/01/2020
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie G. · Married on 11/09/2020

Exceptional dj and mc

Dj Darby Place made our wedding EXACTLY what we wanted!! We had a postponed wedding in March 2020 due to Covid, and rescheduled for November 2020. From the beginning Darby was very responsive, easy to work with, and can tell he really enjoys what he does. He's extremely organized and a true Master of Ceremony. He'll make sure multiple times that he has everyone's name correct, has all the requested songs you want, and have you feeling confident in your wedding day from ceremony to reception. He provides pages of songs to choose from if you so wish, and makes sure to give you the *vibe* you want during all parts of the wedding day. The groom and I mingled a lot throughout the reception, but anytime my feet hit the dance floor, Darby would play a specific song I requested. His attention to detail and ability to keep everyone dancing/fit the mood was outstanding. 10/10 recommend hiring DJ Darby!!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Mackenzie,

On behalf of DJ Darby and the team of DJ by CJ, we thank you so much for this AMAZING testimonial!! Darby didn't stop talking about your wedding for weeks! We wish you both all the true love and happiness!!
  • O

Olivia W. · Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding Dj

We had Nick as our DJ and he was amazing!!! Highly recommend DJ by CJ for any wedding!

Sent on 10/13/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for your incredible testimonial!! DJ Nick had the best time Djing for your both and he said your guest were an amazing dance crowd!!

Camille S. · Married on 09/20/2020

Perfect for our wedding!

John answered any questions and explained everything very throughly. He offered great suggestions when we weren’t sure. He helped the day from great and was flexible when our guests wanted a last minute dollar dance! He kept everyone on the dance floor! Highly recommend if you want a great time!

Sent on 03/17/2021

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you both so much for the honor to have DJ'd your bother's wedding years ago and now yours! I wish you both all the true love and happiness in the future!!

Always your DJ!
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 09/17/2020

Quality and professionalism

John did such a great job at our wedding!! Everyone of our guests enjoyed the music that he played! Thank you for sticking with us during the rain!!

Sent on 09/23/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you Kathryn and Steven for giving me the honor!! Come rain or shine, it was a beautiful night!!! I wish you both all the true love and happiness!!
  • Sidney

Sidney · Married on 09/12/2020

Thankful for Nick!

Nick created an amazing experience for us. He put together so many surprises that made the night so special. We are so thankful for his organization and willingness to go with the flow.

Sent on 09/14/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you Sidney for the amazing testimonial!! Your video Nick posted on our FaceBook page is incredible!! My love to you both from the Team at DJ by CJ!
  • Emily

Emily H. · Married on 07/18/2020

10/10 Experience Highly Recommend

Having a wedding during a pandemic is quite the challenge and finding vendors you can trust is not easy. However, as soon as I had my initial call with John, the owner of DJ by CJ, I knew he would go above and beyond with his role as our wedding DJ. He helped bring all of our wedding dreams to life.
    He knows the importance of a DJ at a wedding and takes it very seriously. He created an amazing mix of music that had everyone dancing all night and made all the traditional wedding events so exciting and got the entire room involved. He brings an assistant that also does an amazing job at keeping the room upbeat. He set up multiple sound systems and played music through the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception which created a flow of events through the night. He sets up an initial phone call to go over what to expect and then meets with the couple again before the event to create the timeline of the day and go over your must have songs. He has high quality technology to bring the wedding alive from ceremony to reception. His tvs loop pictures of the couple during the reception and he had lighting to enhance the dance floor. His energy while he is MCing is contagious and truly brings the party alive.
    We had to do things different during the pandemic which created a few last minute changes that he helped us navigate. We also had the best man speech as a video and an other video of some special people who weren’t able to make it and he was able to broadcast it to the entire ball room over the tvs that he brings with him. He thought of so many things so I wouldn’t have to and if I had to plan my wedding all over again there is no doubt my husband and I would pay every penny for DJ by CJ. I highly recommend any bride booking him for their wedding. The best of Tampa Bay.

Sent on 07/24/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Wow.. I can't thank you enough for this incredible testimonial!! You both are the sweetest couple and again, thank you for giving me the honor to be a part of your momentous occasion!! Love to you both!!

Alexis B. · Married on 05/12/2020

Best DJ hands down

We used DJ by CJ for our wedding and John was our dj. Let me just tell you, this was the most smooth process we've ever been through vendor wise. He was respectful, timely and on his game. From booking to keep in contact throughout the big day. We were so nervous getting into the closer days of our wedding and John met with us (via zoom due to respect out of covid). He went over the entire timeline of the night so perfectly and detailed that it made us feel 110% better about the entire day and calm some nerves. He and his crew wore a mask all night and the night was absolutely perfect, could not have asked for a better evening. Almost wish i could have a wedding again just to have him there. Wonderful.

Sent on 12/16/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Alexis & Kayla... Thank you for this amazing testimonial! You two were one of my highlights for 2020! I wish you both all the true love and happiness!! Always your DJ John!!!
  • Sarah

Sarah V. · Married on 04/17/2020

Amazing time!

We had an absolute blast at our wedding! Our DJ was Nick and he was able to match the mood and vibes of our guests perfectly! We had to reschedule a few times because of the pandemic and obviously adjust to making it safe for our guests but Nick and DJ by CJ we’re always very helpful and flexible with all the changes. Highly recommend them!!

Sent on 09/15/2020
  • Bri

Bri B. · Married on 02/29/2020

Great DJ Great time!

John was a pleasure to work with. He kept the timeline running smoothly and the party going. He was very easy to talk to and helped play out the vision of the wedding day music.

Sent on 04/27/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you Bri for the incredible testimonial!! You and Logan were such an amazing couple and I wish you both all the true love and happiness!!
    Your DJ,
  • Katie

Katie B. · Married on 02/22/2020

The best!

Other than my venue, John was my favorite part of the day/evening. When we had our first initial phone call I was like "this guy is gonna be good" and then when we had our details meeting I was like "dang this guy is gonna be really good"... and then the day came and we were really blown away with what an incredible job he did. He was engaging with our guests and helped to make people feel welcome and excited, he kept the energy going so that we still had quite a crowd when the night was over. I highly recommend DJ by CJ, so much so that while on our honeymoon we booked him for our Christmas party this year. Thank you John and team for being the bomb diggity DJ crew!!

Sent on 03/03/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

I can't thank you and Adam enough for the amazing testimonial! It was truly my honor to be a part of your special day! It is incredible couples like you and Adam that are the reason I keep doing this after 24 years!! Much love to you both!! Your DJ Forever!!
  • Kaley

Kaley G. · Married on 01/18/2020

Amazing!!!

Our DJ was Nick with DJ by CJ! He was so personable and professional! He played all the right music and kept the party flowing at all times! Couldn’t have asked for better.

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Heather

Heather R. · Married on 01/11/2020

The best DJ ever!

My husband and I recently hired DJ Nick Bockholt for our wedding and honestly could not have asked for a better DJ. He was exceptionally professional, reaching out as time got closer to nail down details, super attentive, quick to respond to text/calls, and overall a genuine person who knew what he was doing and did it well!
    Between the music, lighting, announcements and the fun games, Nick really made sure that the atmosphere of our wedding was everything we could have hoped for and more. My husband and I hand picked a lot of our songs, but then we asked Nick to use his judgment on additional songs based off our taste in genre. Nick was very detail oriented, ensuring that everything went exactly as requested. At the end of our beautiful day, we received tons of compliments on the music and the overall environment provided by Nick.
    DJ by CJ is seriously the only music service that I would recommend to anyone if you are looking for an absolutely flawless and memorable wedding. We feel like we made a friend for life!!

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Alex

Alex N. · Married on 01/04/2020

Much more than just a DJ

John did an amazing job and answered all of our questions and took the time to make sure everything was what we wanted. He was by far one of our favorites parts of the wedding and he made everything easier for us. Would recommend to anyone looking for a quality DJ at a great price. Thanks again John!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica H. · Married on 01/04/2020

Exceeded Expectations to Create a Beautiful Night of Love, Laughter and Dancing!

John from DJ by CJ and his assistant exceeded any expectations I had for my DJ services on my wedding day. I typically feel out of my element and uncomfortable dancing/ on the dance floor and I give them both credit for creating a memorable experience for my husband and I. I've had so many compliments from my guests regarding my DJ, song choice, and energy level of the night. John made it a point to ensure that everything was running smoothly and checked-in and guided us throughout the evening. The company on the preferred vendor list for my venue and I would recommend their services in a heartbeat. John sat with my husband and I to go through a run down of the event a little less than a month prior, which helped me put together the pieces of what to expect during the night and he was very patient and helpful picking out dedicated songs that I needed for the night (final dance, walking down the aisle, etc). John made us feel comfortable being ourselves and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ service! Thank you for an incredible, memorable night!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Sarah M. · Married on 11/30/2019

Best DJ service in the Tampa Bay area

My husband and I loved working with John! We truly appreciated his thoroughness in making sure that we had everything ready to go for our special day! John is a wonderful and very professional DJ who works very hard. We will definitely recommend him to anyone that we meet or know down the road who are planning a wedding. Thank you so much for everything John! You were my favorite vendor to work with during wedding planning!
    Best,
    Andrew and Sarah B.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Melissa H. · Married on 11/23/2019

Unforgettable

DJ by CJ made our night so memorable and our guests were up and dancing all night long! He interacts with everyone and really got our guests to feel comfortable and get out on the dance floor! HE MADE OUR WEDDING! BOOK HIM! Everyone said our wedding was the best they’ve ever been to and we couldn’t have asked for a better night! Most amazing DJ in the Tampa area!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Judith

Judith M. · Married on 11/16/2019

Dance all night with DJ by CJ

Our wedding was on November 16th, 2019.The first time we met prior to the wedding we went through what we wanted regarding music,for us it was really important to have balance regarding Latin/Mexican and American songs because we wanted all of our guest to be on the dance floor. Afterwards he told us ,with so much detail, how our entrance was going to be, the cake cutting, the bouquet and garter toss...to be honest we wanted the wedding to start the next day, just by listening to him explaining all of it with the music, the light effects and the actual words of what they were going to say. This helped so much because we knew what was coming up and what we had to do.

On the day of the wedding as soon as the music started playing the dance floor was packed, everyone danced until the party was over, our feet hurt the next day for so much dancing, that’s how good it was!

Having Dj by CJ for our wedding was the best decision made, they were a key element on making the wedding super fun and enjoyable for every guest.

Sent on 12/07/2019