DJ by CJ Reviews

131 | Brandon, FL

131 Reviews for DJ by CJ

Brittney Maddalena · Getting married on 12/25/2020

Don’t wait, BOOK NOW!

Having DJ by CJ as our DJ was the BEST choice. John was SO responsive, professional yet friendly, and over all an expert in his trade. John is truly passionate about what he does and it shows. Everything is planned out from arrival to last song. He kept the night on track and I never worried about ANYTHING. I was very nervous as the day got closer because I didn’t know when certain things would happen (cake cutting, garter toss, etc.) but once meeting with John and discussing the upcoming wedding I left the meeting SO relieved. The music selection was AMAZING and really got the reception going! Our wedding was a mix between American and Mexican and my husbands father has a band and wanted to play for a bit during the reception and John was so patient and worked them into our reception. He really was so much fun to have and his personality is perfect for emceeing. I could go on and on, but you may miss out on your opportunity of booking DJ by CJ if you keep reading. Don’t hesitate, book now!

Sent on 02/01/2020
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie Glasgow · Married on 11/09/2020

Exceptional dj and mc

Dj Darby Place made our wedding EXACTLY what we wanted!! We had a postponed wedding in March 2020 due to Covid, and rescheduled for November 2020. From the beginning Darby was very responsive, easy to work with, and can tell he really enjoys what he does. He's extremely organized and a true Master of Ceremony. He'll make sure multiple times that he has everyone's name correct, has all the requested songs you want, and have you feeling confident in your wedding day from ceremony to reception. He provides pages of songs to choose from if you so wish, and makes sure to give you the *vibe* you want during all parts of the wedding day. The groom and I mingled a lot throughout the reception, but anytime my feet hit the dance floor, Darby would play a specific song I requested. His attention to detail and ability to keep everyone dancing/fit the mood was outstanding. 10/10 recommend hiring DJ Darby!!

Sent on 11/17/2020

Mackenzie,

On behalf of DJ Darby and the team of DJ by CJ, we thank you so much for this AMAZING testimonial!! Darby didn't stop talking about your wedding for weeks! We wish you both all the true love and happiness!!
  • O

Olivia Wiles · Married on 10/10/2020

Wedding Dj

We had Nick as our DJ and he was amazing!!! Highly recommend DJ by CJ for any wedding!

Sent on 10/13/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you so much for your incredible testimonial!! DJ Nick had the best time Djing for your both and he said your guest were an amazing dance crowd!!
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 09/17/2020

Quality and professionalism

John did such a great job at our wedding!! Everyone of our guests enjoyed the music that he played! Thank you for sticking with us during the rain!!

Sent on 09/23/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you Kathryn and Steven for giving me the honor!! Come rain or shine, it was a beautiful night!!! I wish you both all the true love and happiness!!
  • Sidney

Sidney · Married on 09/12/2020

Thankful for Nick!

Nick created an amazing experience for us. He put together so many surprises that made the night so special. We are so thankful for his organization and willingness to go with the flow.

Sent on 09/14/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you Sidney for the amazing testimonial!! Your video Nick posted on our FaceBook page is incredible!! My love to you both from the Team at DJ by CJ!
  • Emily

Emily Hoskens · Married on 07/18/2020

10/10 Experience Highly Recommend

Having a wedding during a pandemic is quite the challenge and finding vendors you can trust is not easy. However, as soon as I had my initial call with John, the owner of DJ by CJ, I knew he would go above and beyond with his role as our wedding DJ. He helped bring all of our wedding dreams to life.
    He knows the importance of a DJ at a wedding and takes it very seriously. He created an amazing mix of music that had everyone dancing all night and made all the traditional wedding events so exciting and got the entire room involved. He brings an assistant that also does an amazing job at keeping the room upbeat. He set up multiple sound systems and played music through the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception which created a flow of events through the night. He sets up an initial phone call to go over what to expect and then meets with the couple again before the event to create the timeline of the day and go over your must have songs. He has high quality technology to bring the wedding alive from ceremony to reception. His tvs loop pictures of the couple during the reception and he had lighting to enhance the dance floor. His energy while he is MCing is contagious and truly brings the party alive.
    We had to do things different during the pandemic which created a few last minute changes that he helped us navigate. We also had the best man speech as a video and an other video of some special people who weren’t able to make it and he was able to broadcast it to the entire ball room over the tvs that he brings with him. He thought of so many things so I wouldn’t have to and if I had to plan my wedding all over again there is no doubt my husband and I would pay every penny for DJ by CJ. I highly recommend any bride booking him for their wedding. The best of Tampa Bay.

Sent on 07/24/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Wow.. I can't thank you enough for this incredible testimonial!! You both are the sweetest couple and again, thank you for giving me the honor to be a part of your momentous occasion!! Love to you both!!
  • Sarah

Sarah Vandeventer · Married on 04/17/2020

Amazing time!

We had an absolute blast at our wedding! Our DJ was Nick and he was able to match the mood and vibes of our guests perfectly! We had to reschedule a few times because of the pandemic and obviously adjust to making it safe for our guests but Nick and DJ by CJ we’re always very helpful and flexible with all the changes. Highly recommend them!!

Sent on 09/15/2020
  • Bri

Bri Burkhart · Married on 02/29/2020

Great DJ Great time!

John was a pleasure to work with. He kept the timeline running smoothly and the party going. He was very easy to talk to and helped play out the vision of the wedding day music.

Sent on 04/27/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you Bri for the incredible testimonial!! You and Logan were such an amazing couple and I wish you both all the true love and happiness!!
    Your DJ,
    John
  • Katie

Katie Brown · Married on 02/22/2020

The best!

Other than my venue, John was my favorite part of the day/evening. When we had our first initial phone call I was like "this guy is gonna be good" and then when we had our details meeting I was like "dang this guy is gonna be really good"... and then the day came and we were really blown away with what an incredible job he did. He was engaging with our guests and helped to make people feel welcome and excited, he kept the energy going so that we still had quite a crowd when the night was over. I highly recommend DJ by CJ, so much so that while on our honeymoon we booked him for our Christmas party this year. Thank you John and team for being the bomb diggity DJ crew!!

Sent on 03/03/2020

DJ by CJ's reply:

I can't thank you and Adam enough for the amazing testimonial! It was truly my honor to be a part of your special day! It is incredible couples like you and Adam that are the reason I keep doing this after 24 years!! Much love to you both!! Your DJ Forever!!
  • Kaley

Kaley Groh · Married on 01/18/2020

Amazing!!!

Our DJ was Nick with DJ by CJ! He was so personable and professional! He played all the right music and kept the party flowing at all times! Couldn’t have asked for better.

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Heather

Heather Risener · Married on 01/11/2020

The best DJ ever!

My husband and I recently hired DJ Nick Bockholt for our wedding and honestly could not have asked for a better DJ. He was exceptionally professional, reaching out as time got closer to nail down details, super attentive, quick to respond to text/calls, and overall a genuine person who knew what he was doing and did it well!
    Between the music, lighting, announcements and the fun games, Nick really made sure that the atmosphere of our wedding was everything we could have hoped for and more. My husband and I hand picked a lot of our songs, but then we asked Nick to use his judgment on additional songs based off our taste in genre. Nick was very detail oriented, ensuring that everything went exactly as requested. At the end of our beautiful day, we received tons of compliments on the music and the overall environment provided by Nick.
    DJ by CJ is seriously the only music service that I would recommend to anyone if you are looking for an absolutely flawless and memorable wedding. We feel like we made a friend for life!!

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Alex

Alex Negron · Married on 01/04/2020

Much more than just a DJ

John did an amazing job and answered all of our questions and took the time to make sure everything was what we wanted. He was by far one of our favorites parts of the wedding and he made everything easier for us. Would recommend to anyone looking for a quality DJ at a great price. Thanks again John!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Horowitz · Married on 01/04/2020

Exceeded Expectations to Create a Beautiful Night of Love, Laughter and Dancing!

John from DJ by CJ and his assistant exceeded any expectations I had for my DJ services on my wedding day. I typically feel out of my element and uncomfortable dancing/ on the dance floor and I give them both credit for creating a memorable experience for my husband and I. I've had so many compliments from my guests regarding my DJ, song choice, and energy level of the night. John made it a point to ensure that everything was running smoothly and checked-in and guided us throughout the evening. The company on the preferred vendor list for my venue and I would recommend their services in a heartbeat. John sat with my husband and I to go through a run down of the event a little less than a month prior, which helped me put together the pieces of what to expect during the night and he was very patient and helpful picking out dedicated songs that I needed for the night (final dance, walking down the aisle, etc). John made us feel comfortable being ourselves and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ service! Thank you for an incredible, memorable night!

Sent on 01/11/2020

Sarah Magavero · Married on 11/30/2019

Best DJ service in the Tampa Bay area

My husband and I loved working with John! We truly appreciated his thoroughness in making sure that we had everything ready to go for our special day! John is a wonderful and very professional DJ who works very hard. We will definitely recommend him to anyone that we meet or know down the road who are planning a wedding. Thank you so much for everything John! You were my favorite vendor to work with during wedding planning!
    Best,
    Andrew and Sarah B.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Melissa Hazatone · Married on 11/23/2019

Unforgettable

DJ by CJ made our night so memorable and our guests were up and dancing all night long! He interacts with everyone and really got our guests to feel comfortable and get out on the dance floor! HE MADE OUR WEDDING! BOOK HIM! Everyone said our wedding was the best they’ve ever been to and we couldn’t have asked for a better night! Most amazing DJ in the Tampa area!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Judith

Judith Mondragon · Married on 11/16/2019

Dance all night with DJ by CJ

Our wedding was on November 16th, 2019.The first time we met prior to the wedding we went through what we wanted regarding music,for us it was really important to have balance regarding Latin/Mexican and American songs because we wanted all of our guest to be on the dance floor. Afterwards he told us ,with so much detail, how our entrance was going to be, the cake cutting, the bouquet and garter toss...to be honest we wanted the wedding to start the next day, just by listening to him explaining all of it with the music, the light effects and the actual words of what they were going to say. This helped so much because we knew what was coming up and what we had to do.

On the day of the wedding as soon as the music started playing the dance floor was packed, everyone danced until the party was over, our feet hurt the next day for so much dancing, that’s how good it was!

Having Dj by CJ for our wedding was the best decision made, they were a key element on making the wedding super fun and enjoyable for every guest.

Sent on 12/07/2019

Allison · Married on 11/14/2019

Great experience

DJ by CJ was amazing! He was very professional and had great suggestions for me and my husband. He kept the whole day flowing and our wedding guests had a great time! Everybody has said that they had a blast at our wedding. From the time all the formalities were out of the way our dance floor was packed and it was because of the great music that was playing but also because DJ by CJ did his best to keep everyone involved and played a variety of music.

Sent on 03/27/2020

Allison,

Thank you both so much for giving me the honor to be a part of your momentous occasion! We had a blast that night and we wish you both all the true love and happiness together!!

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2019

Better than we could have asked for

Seriously John was absolutely fantastic. He is so great at reading a crowd and listening to you about what you want (and don't want) for your special day. Hes got an amazing energy and just helped to make our wedding day the better than we could have ever imagined. Seriously, hire them!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2019

Very Knowledgeable and Attentive!

Nick from DJbyCJ was extremely attentive to all of our wishes and was so helpful in constructing the musical portion of our special day. Pre-wedding meetings and constant responsiveness helped make me more comfortable. He even offered to help us make a last-minute slideshow of photos. Many guests commented on how much they loved the soundtrack of our day!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Cari · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing Dj

I would HIGHLY recommend DJ by CJ. They went above and beyond to make our day so special. John welcomed us graciously to his home and we talked about every detail from start to finish. He also had recommendations and song choices that made all our second guessing easier. The sound quality and uplighting was perfection. You will not regret hiring such a professional DJ who will make your event amazing and unforgettable. Thank you DJ by CJ for going above and beyond for our special day!!!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Ann

Ann Lee-Ts · Married on 08/17/2019

Hiring Darby Place was a brilliant decision.

My husband and I hosted a family friendly neighborhood 60's & 70's open house and dance party for the 50th Anniversary of Woodstook. Costumes were required and Darby help me run the children's hula hoop contest and the adult dance contest in addition to really getting everyone up on their feet and dancing the night away. We had close to 100 guests. Darby was early and totally set up by the time the first guests arrived and he even had a speaker set up outside on the Lanai with a separate volume control. DJ's are not just for weddings. We always hire some form of entertainment for any event my husband and I host along with a theme. A really good party requires more than just food and beverages, to keep your guests interacting. Thank you again, Darby. We have received so many kudos and calls from the people who attended, thanking us for a really fun time.

Sent on 08/19/2019

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you do much Ann for giving DJ Darby Place to opportunity to rock your party! We look forward to working with you and your husband in the future!!

C.j. Schumacher · Married on 07/11/2019

CJ and Jennifer Schumacher

With our wedding being a destination there are tons of uncertainty about how everything is going to come together. The folks at DJ Darby Place knocked it out of the park. Super professional and timely and were all around great to deal with.

Sent on 08/06/2019

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you both so much for giving DJ by CJ "DJ Darby Place " the honor to be a part of your momentous occasion!! We wish you both all the true love and happiness!!!
  • Jean

Jean · Married on 06/15/2019

Danced All Night Long!

John and his team were absolutely a pleasure to deal with! The entire ceremony went off flawless and he had our guest dancing all night long! Wish we could have continued on for a few more hours! Would definitely recommend John for any occasion!

Sent on 06/25/2019

DJ by CJ's reply:

Jean & Maureen, thank you both so much for giving me the honor to be a part of your momentous occasion! This was such a beautiful night and an incredible party!!

Sabrina Beason · Married on 05/11/2019

Excellent experience

We had the time of our lives at our reception thanks to our DJ’s Nick and Sean! They did an amazing job at keeping the guests engaged and had me laughing and smiling the whole time! Nick was awesome to work with through the stress of all the wedding planning. He was very patient and helped get rid of any concerns I had. We are so happy we found you guys and HIGHLY recommend DJ by CJ! Can’t rave enough about our experience!

Sent on 05/12/2019

DJ by CJ's reply:

Thank you Sabrina for giving Nick and Shawn the honor to be a part of your big day!! We wish you both all the true love and happiness!!
  • Danette

Danette · Married on 04/27/2019

Wear your dancing shoes!

We hired John from DJ By CJ for our wedding this past weekend and we were blown away by how amazing he was! From the beginning to the end John was very involved with helping us plan our special day. The dance floor was packed the whole night, the music selection was incredible, and no one person didn't enjoy the night. Thank you John for being you!

Sent on 05/01/2019