DJ by CJ Reviews

100 DJ by CJ Reviews
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 10/27/2018

Exceptional Service and Professionalism

From the time we interviewed John to last call on our wedding day, John and his team were nothing short of exceptional! Our family and friends rave about the quality of entertainment and engagement DJ by CJ provided for our wedding reception. We couldn’t have been happier with our decision to work with John!

• Carianne

Carianne · Married on 10/20/2018

Literally the best dj ever.

From the moment I spoke with John I knew I made the right choice. He was the absolute nicest guy, so flexible, so easy to talk to and work with. He had the dance floor packed the entire night. He was there early before guests even got there and I wanted to extend the time for our guests so he even stayed late for a very reasonable fee. My husband and I are SO grateful for him and his assistant. I promise you you will not be disappointed. Just book him! Now :-)

Charlotte · Married on 10/13/2018

Went Above and Beyond our Expectations!!!

For our wedding on October 13, 2018 we worked with John Strandberg from DJ by CJ and his partner. They were absolutely wonderful and I could not have asked for a better experience for us, as well as the whole wedding day. First off, John spent over two hours with my husband and I about a month before the wedding day, where we figured out all the details and personalization about our wedding. He was wonderful, he had so many idea that we were able to add in to our day, and made every detail perfect for our wedding. John was not only our DJ but also our Master of Ceremonies and had all the timing and important announcing done for us with both the ceremony and the reception. They went above and beyond. Everything flowed effortlessly and the music was perfect us, he knew exactly what we wanted. The dance floor never had an empty space on it! He also kept us perfect on timing and events throughout the night, I could not have asked for better work! I am so pleased and blessed to have had DJ by CJ for our Wedding Day!!! Definitely go with them!!!

Shannon · Married on 09/22/2018

John from DJ by CJ was fantastic from start to finish. He was so professional and polite on the initial phone call & you could tell he truly knew what he was talking about. I felt so at ease with him I booked him before we hung up! He knows this business so well, truly wants the best for the bride and groom, and takes the time to make it perfect. If you want a trustworthy, genuine, and caring vendor hire DJ by CJ you seriously will not regret it!

DJ by CJ 1

Cheo · Married on 05/26/2018

John and his team was absolutely amazing! He made booking a DJ for our wedding the best part! I felt absolutely no stress after talking to him and he was extremely professional, prepared and very well experienced. All of my wedding guests were amazed by the awesome entertainment he provided for us!

Robyn · Married on 04/07/2018

We worked directly with John and by the time we left his house we were so excited! He thinks of everything to keep all guests engaged and the party going. By the far the easiest vendor to work with and listened to all our ideas. Highly Recommended!

Sarah · Married on 03/23/2018

For our April Wedding in St. Pete, we had DJ Darby perform our wedding ceremony music, cocktail hour and reception events. From the very start, he was incredibly accommodating scheduling phone meetings (my husband and I are both from out of state), hearing our concerns, what feel we wanted, etc. Even with last-minute switches (the night before!) he executed our requests with understanding, patience and professionalism! Even random requests, such as my husband's personal request of 'Optimus Prime-Roll Out!' for our ceremony walk out, DJ Darby mixed it down to the second of what my husband wanted.
    During the cocktail hour and reception, he became the ultimate MC. I did not need to hire a wedding coordinator for timing things, Darby was on-top of timing each sequence and flow of things. I am beyond grateful for his expertise, guidance and talents. He made our wedding so MUCH FUN! I would highly recommend his services, and him personally for future events.

Jessie · Married on 03/02/2018

I hope I am able to get across in this post how awesome DJ by CJ is! There are many djs out there that may offer lower packages or give exclusive deals, but John was worth every penny! I wasn't on board in the beginning - I thought, how hard can it be to dj - I'm sure anyone I go with will be fine. I was completely wrong and glad I went with my gut on John! He not only was a dj, but an MC, the one who kept the night flowing, the guests involved, and genuinely wanted every one there to have fun. At our in person meeting, John brought great suggestions to the table - that we used: all of the songs for the ceremony and what everyone walked in to for the reception - somehow he nailed our personalities, helped organize the whole evening timeline, listened to what we wanted, and executed everything perfectly - also including Persian music in the mix, per our request! We received many compliments regarding our dj for the night as he played such great music that had our dance floor packed the entire time. Not only do you get a main DJ/MC, you also get an assistant that helps him the whole night, which allowed one of them to be by our side whenever we needed it (Cue when to walk down the aisle, reception entrance, cake, bouquet/garter toss). We are so happy we went John - DJ by CJ- as he definitely made the wedding that much better!

Matthew · Married on 02/24/2018

Dj by cj was AMAZING!!! Everyone had the best time. While our planner was great we didnt even need her due to john's amazing help. He spent quality time planning our big day and helping us come up with the perfect timeline and songs for each special milestone of the night. He never pushed but gave his professional opinion backed by experience whenever we werent sure of what we wanted. The moment we met him we knew we had found the right dj for us. His passion for his art shines through. He knows what he is doing and i am forever grateful for john being there for our perfect day.

Duane · Married on 02/17/2018

John was simply amazing to work with. From the first planning meeting to the day of our wedding he helped us coordinate everything to run smoothly. Our guests packed the dance floor the entire evening. He exceeded our expectations.

Kristin · Married on 02/17/2018

Darby was our DJ through DJ by CJ. He was amazing and took every crazy thing we had planned and made it happen. We had a pretty complex schedule with a lot of surprises!!! He was able to keep those surprises and made the night magical. I would recommend this service if you are getting married.

Rachel · Married on 01/13/2018

I hope you believe me when I say DJ by CJ is AWESOME!!! From day one we were in direct contact with John, the owner and he is very passionate about what he does. He spent time explaining the process of DJ’ing a wedding and patiently reponded to all our questions. Prior to our wedding, we didn’t realize how much the DJ helps to keep everything on track. There are so many moving parts at a wedding and it’s easy to get off track, but John and his team kept us going and kept all our guests dancing!!! We experienced a friends wedding where the DJ constantly mispronounced their name and we were a bit worried about that as well. Not to fear though - John prides himself on NOT mispronouncing and writes names in a way that he’ll remember not exactly how they are spelt. This little detail meant a lot to us!!
    We highly recommend DJ by CJ and will happily use them again!!!

Brooke · Married on 12/01/2017

John and Noriel were AMAZING! I’m so glad we chose DJ BY CJ to DJ our wedding. John was a great MC, he made the wedding flow so well and the music was perfect! I couldn’t have asked for a better company to work with in this department!

Alexa · Married on 11/11/2017

We used DJ by CJ for our wedding and it was definitely the right choice! DJ Darby was our DJ, and we couldn't have asked for someone better to help us out and create the perfect atmosphere for our big day! Chose DJ Darby at DJ by CJ and you will have the wedding of your dreams!

Samantha · Married on 11/04/2017

John and his team are fantastic! If you’re considering other DJ’s don’t! He was professional, quick to respond and made sure to incorporate things we wanted. With his experience and attention to detail, you and your guests will have an experience you won’t forget. John kept the crowd entertained and night flowing smooth. Thank you John!

Tabatha · Married on 10/21/2017

John and Nori were amazing- John always took my calls even on vacation (sorry about that again) My father passed away a few years before my wedding- John was able to make a slide show of my father so that while I danced with my Uncle my father was present in some form. His song choices and interaction with the guest were amazing. Highly recommend, and hope to use again in the future.

Chelsea · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I hired DJ by CJ to DJ our wedding at The Florida Aquarium, and from the start to end their service was fantastic . Our DJ was Darby, and he did a great job at making our night run smoothly and making it fun. He was very helpful in answering any questions we had and meeting all of our requests along the way. I would strongly recommend them for any event.

Christine · Married on 09/09/2017

It is hard to put into words how John & Noriel from DJ by CJ made our wedding special and memorable. We met with John and reviewed the plan and music choices. He asked some really great questions about us and how we envisioned our wedding day. We came up with some really great memory moments. John spoke with experience and passion for his job. Jason and I were scheduled to be married on September 9th, 2017; however, Hurricane Irma decided that she wanted to visit Florida. After making the decision to move the wedding forward to Sept 8th to give family, friends, and vendors time to make decisions on whether to stay or ride out the hurricane, John & Noriel were able to make that change with us and keep us calm. They were organized and got people excited and dancing. They helped make our day one to remember. Thank you John and Noriel!!!

Claire · Married on 07/01/2017

We had so many people tell us we had the best music at our wedding! Everyone was dancing the entire night, John even stayed an extra half an hour because we couldn't stop dancing. John took the time to sit down with us before the wedding to plan out our entire night of music from the ceremony to cocktail hour to reception. He incorporated all of our special request songs and really understood our musical preferences and our crowd of people. We purchased the additional uplighting and are so glad we did, it really brought out space to the next level. The quality of care we received was above and beyond expectations, you can tell John loves what he does and cares for his customers. A good DJ is so essential to a great wedding and John helped us have the best night ever!

Bridgett · Married on 06/25/2017

My new husband and I were referred to John from CJ by DJ. I am so glad we were referred to the company because our wedding was absolutely amazing! John talked to me (wife) on the phone, then Aaron and I met with him about a month before the wedding. John, helped us choose the best wedding songs, went over a do/don't play list, and made sure we were happy with everything! Oh, the best part is... we gave him special pictures of our families. He made those pictures into a great slideshow for everyone to see. He was extremely professional, organized, ready to go, and a fun DJ. We truly couldn't have asked for a better DJ because he was one of the reasons our wedding was as memorable as it was. Thank you DJ by CJ! We will be referring your company to other people.

Jayme · Married on 06/17/2017

Having an amazing DJ was a high priority for our wedding and after our first time speaking with John we knew we had found our DJ. We had spoken to a few other DJs but John spoke confidence, knowledge, and passion for what he does. This definitely showed in his performance, as well. He is also so friendly and easy to work with. Prior to our wedding we met with John and planned all of our music. He had wonderful suggestions and recommendations and was able to find lesser-known songs we requested. His mixes for the bridal party entrance were amazing and so much fun. On the night of the wedding, John and his team played music that matched what was happening throughout the night and kept the dance floor full during the reception. John was an amazing MC and kept the events moving along throughout the night. We loved the video screen, the up lighting, and dance floor lighting. He also made an amazing slide show for us that played during dinner! Everything he did was custom to us and reflected our favorite artists and songs.

I am so happy we were able to work with DJ by CJ and would definitely recommend them to any couples looking for an amazing DJ who can create a special experience.

Rachel · Married on 05/06/2017

Brian was so wonderful at our wedding! They really kept the party going & made our reception so much fun! We were very particular on every song we chose & he played them! They were on our preferred vendor list & we were so happy to have worked with them! Thanks again Brian and the DJ by CJ team!!

Viviana · Married on 04/30/2017

My husband found DJ Brian Black through DJ by CJ, and we are so happy that he was our DJ! Not only was he entertaining and kept the party going, but he is a great person to work with. We first met with him at Panera to go over all the little details, and he is super organized, which is awesome! He drew out an outline to make sure everything was set for our big day, played samples of songs to help us decide which version we liked best, asked lots of questions and provided suggestions and feedback. He is professional, charismatic and a wonderful DJ. Our wedding was formal attire and he was dressed sharp, too! We received comments from our friends and family about how they liked the DJ and enjoyed the music he played, and of course my husband and I did too. I know we had some guests request a lot of songs (as well as the list we provided him) and he did a great job of keeping everyone happy lol. Thank you, Brian, for being a part of our special day! We will definitely recommend you to our family and friends, and if you DJ for other events besides weddings then we look forward to booking you in the future.

Terese · Married on 04/22/2017

What a perfect reception!

Brian Black was a great Master of Cermony and the music/beat kept folks on the dance floor the entire time! Brian listened to the Bride and Groom to select music - his club D J talents were evident! His new title is Master of Fun!

Given that the Bride and Groom are from Boston, we appreciated Brian's flexibility to meet with them while in town visiting as well as by phone to plan for a great wedding reception!

From the bride and groom -- we got SO many compliments on our wedding playlist!!!!! We told Brian that we love 90s hip hop, motown, and 00's club hits from Lil Jon and he DELIVERED!!!!

Giovanni · Married on 02/17/2017

Brian Black with DJ by CJ was amazing from beginning to end. He was able to capture the essence of our theme through music and our guests loved it! Our ceremony would not have been the same without his input on some of the songs we chose, which he suggested instrumental arrangements for. We felt comfortable and trusted Brian through the whole process. His attention to detail and love for music is noticeable and it reflects in his work. I also want to thank Brian, John and everyone at DJ by CJ for being sensitive to our needs, considering our wedding was an LGBT wedding and not traditional. Love is love and these guys get it! We would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat!!