Discovery World

Milwaukee, WI View map Visit website

Discovery World is a wedding venue and museum located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The waterfront venue features a 360-degree ballroom with panoramic views, resulting in a dazzling setting for milestone celebrations.

Facilities and Capacity
When hosting at Discovery World, couples can share their special days with up to 450 wedding guests. The elegant venue’s circular ballroom, The Pilot House, features floor-to-ceiling windows. Here, couples and their guests can admire views of the shimmering lake and city skyline as they create lifelong memories together. Illuminated columns and modern carpeting adorn the inside of this room, adding to its distinct atmosphere. Alternatively, the museum's Reiman Aquarium, Promenade, and Pavilion serve as beautiful event spaces as well.

The staff at Discovery World endeavor to create seamless occasions for couples celebrating with them. For memorable get-ready experiences, to-be-weds and their loved ones are welcome to prepare in the on-site get-ready room. To bring unique visions to life, event planning services are available. The team can even provide set-up and clean-up services. This way, couples will have one less detail to consider as they celebrate their happily ever after.

Cuisine
The Bartolotta Restaurants, the museum's exclusive caterer, is proud to create delectable and memorable wedding menus. Serving styles for receptions include hors d'oeuvres, buffets, stations, plated dishes, and more. To accommodate the unique palates of those celebrating, selections for those with dietary restrictions can also be prepared.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$2,500

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,500

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Glassware
Linens
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Server(s)

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$17

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

House Beer
House Liquor
House Wine
Open Bar
Premium Liquor

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Historic Building
Museum
Waterfront

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Lighting / Sound
Outside Vendors
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Cocktail Reception
Dessert
Hors d'oeuvres
Outside Cake
Plated
Server(s)
Stations

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer
Specialty Wine

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

May
June
July
August
September
October

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

1 User photo

• Rakesh
    Rakesh S. Married on 06/29/2019

Perfection

Absolutely an unbelievable experience! I had my wedding here on 6/29/19 and let me start this review by saying that I cannot recommend this place enough! I chose Discovery World Museum as my venue because I really like the way the building looks and the views are easily some of the best in Milwaukee. My point of contact and venue coordinator was Madeline Cope. From my initial email to the last one, she was extremely attentive, gave awesome recommendations and thought of details that both my (now) wife and I didn’t even think about at the time but now realize how impactful it made our wedding. I have seen the wedding planning process done with friends and other family and I was always afraid of having that same stress with my wedding, but with Madeline helping and all the options available through Bartollota Catering, the whole process was unbelievably easy. The food was outstanding – especially the grilled cheese and tomato soup appetizer (GET IT - trust me on this one) and the ravioli and steak meals were probably some of the best dishes we’ve had. Our guests could not stop talking about the food all night! We had our cocktail hour in the aquarium and our main event at the Pilot house. The aquarium was perfect for that portion because it felt intimate and the lighting and tanks were just stunning and a great conversation starter between guests. The pilot house was perfect for the wedding because it has this amazing 360 degree view of the city and lake (and Summerfest) plus the balcony is just an added bonus for guests to walk around, enjoy their drinks and take in the views. The service was that of a 5 star hotel – all of the staff members were super kind, always smiling, sharply dressed and just so pleasant to talk with. Madeline coordinated just about everything once the celebrations started, from us walking out for ceremony, the transition between the ceremony to dinner (another cocktail hour), drinks after dinner and lastly our fireworks. We chose to have our first dance after dinner and wanted to surprise our guests with fireworks during our dance (Discovery World offers that service by the way). She knew how long our song was and coordinated it PERFECTLY with their fireworks crew so that as soon as I dipped my wife at the end of the song, the fireworks launched EXACTLY at that moment. My family, my guests and especially my wife were so amazed at how beautiful this wedding turned out that they kept talking about it all weekend and I’m still getting texts and emails as I’m writing this review! Madeline Cope was perfect, Discovery World was perfect and Bartolotta Catering was perfect. I honest hope that my sincerest admiration shows in this review.
    Chelsea Married on 07/15/2017
    Working with Bartolotta's at Discovery World for my 7/15/17 wedding was amazing. Amanda was the best and most professional person I worked with my entire wedding planning experience. She was so detail-oriented and on the ball! Plus, literally every staff member my family or friends encountered the day of were super professional and helpful. It made the day go without a hitch! Plus, the view is AMAZING.
    Sue Married on 07/09/2016
    Our daughter had her wedding reception in The Pilot Room here at the Discovery World. The guests were blown away at the beauty of this venue. The 360 degree outside promenade made for a truly spectacular day. The view of Lake Michigan as well as the entire city scape of Milwaukee was breathtaking!! Words cannot express the magnificence of this sight! The food was five star delicious and presentation was impressive! We highly recommend the professionalism and helpfulness of Jessica in organizing everything for us there. Love, love love this place!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Real Weddings

• Kim & Ben
    69 photos · 07/12/2019
  • Lydia & Jonathan
    68 photos · 09/16/2017

Reverend Jennifer Miller Reverend Jennifer Miller Wedding Officiants

Truly the Tops! Amazing city views, delicious food, great service, and the best coordinators. The perfect wedding location!

500 North Harbor Drive Milwaukee, WI, 53202
414-765-8610
Location of (Discovery World)

Other vendors in Milwaukee for your wedding

Wedding Venues