906 South Barclay, Milwaukee, WI 53204 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About The Ivy House

The Ivy House is a modern style wedding ceremony and reception venue in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, that provides couples with a city-like feel for their special event.

Facilities and Capacity

The Ivy House can accommodate a maximum of 400 guests (with a minimum of 50) throughout their two event spaces that include covered outdoor, indoor, and uncovered outdoor areas. There’s a banquet hall/ballroom location, perfect for weddings with an industrial vibe, and the garden area offers couples a bit of serenity mixed into their day.

The Ivy House has ample parking and valet services available for you and your guests. Couples are welcome to request the space for bridal showers, ceremonies, elopements, engagement parties, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. Services include a bridal suite, in-house bar, liability insurance, lighting/sound, setup, and wireless internet. Event rentals are also available for a selection of items:

• Audio equipment
  • Barware
  • Chairs
  • Furniture
  • Lighting
  • Linens
  • Tables

Other Services

The in-house bar at The Ivy House has its liquor license. The bartenders are able to provide a champagne toast during your reception to celebrate the love you two share. Couples can choose between a cash or open bar that serves house beers, liquors, and wines; outside alcohol; premium liquor; signature drinks; and specialty wines.

Follow The Ivy House on
51732b5af23a5639 ivyhouse 0581 copy

4 Reviews for The Ivy House

• Mario

Mario C · Married on 08/10/2019

The Ivy - So great, my wife wants to renew our vows.

My daughter had her wedding ceremony and reception at the Ivy in Milwaukee on July 6, 2019. From the moment the space was booked through the sparkler send off finale, the staff was incredibly attentive and thoughtful.

The owner, Tyler, made sure that everything ran smoothly and ensured that all of our requests were fulfilled. While meticulous in planning for every contingency, he was equally reassuring and placed us all at ease. Tyler and his staff were always available, yet never in the way. He could have planned D-Day.

When the wedding day arrived, The venue was absolutely gorgeous, and the staff worked together to create a dream wedding. This was not just the opinion of a father footing the bill, but of that fathers very difficult to please and honest friends and family who all echoed the same sentiment, "maybe the most fun we have ever had at a wedding". One friend told me that with every wedding, no matter how great, there is something to complain about, a "it was great, but.....", comment, but that with this venue, this food, this music, not a complaint could come to mind.

The Ivy is in a fabulous location very near the hip 3rd Ward. It is in a renovated industrial truss built building, with reclaimed brick walls. The long bar has plenty of space for any number of bar tenders you could need and all the drunken guests you could anticipate. The outside court yard served as the ceremony space and pre-reception cocktail and appetizer area. People were having such a good time, that when the dinner bell rang, everybody pretended not to hear it.

I have an old school view on weddings, sit down, eight to a table, bread, salad, entree (chicken or beef), and desert. Never again. Weddings are parties, not dinner parties. Long tables in a retrofitted industrial building with modern food served via stations which require guests to get up, eat what and when they want , and most importantly, mingle and talk. The only way to go. The food was provided by Hospitality Democracy. The food was fantastic and abundant. Highly recommended. People ate, mingled drank, then ate, mingled and drank some more.

While the main room could accommodate a dance rave of any size, and was set to host our dance floor, the weather was so great, that the decision was made on the fly to move the dance action outside. This change of plans was made fluidly with little involvement or decision making from the happy couple or parents. Tyler handled it all. Milwaukee Airwaves provided the music. Guests danced until after midnight and would have kept going until dawn.

I would recommend The Ivy to anybody looking for a venue.

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 06/22/2019

I wish my wedding wasn't over so I could keep hanging with this team!

BEST VENUE EVER! I cannot express how much we love The Ivy House. Ramsey and Tyler are the PERFECT team to host your event. We got married at The Ivy House on 6/22/19 and it was the most incredible day. We were one of the first couples to sign a contract with them back in early 2018 when they had just begun construction, and I am so thankful we trusted their vision. Right from the beginning, we knew we wanted this team to be a part of our wedding day. I have nothing but positive things to say about this venue. It is beautiful, versatile, intimate, and SO much fun. Ramsey was in charge of our wedding day and he treated us like close, personal friends. My husband, family, and I felt well cared for - every single detail was covered. He was at the ready with coffee, champagne, or a hug. The bridal suite is the perfect place to get ready for the big day. Our ceremony was inside, cocktail hour was outside in Ferhweh, dinner was inside, and then dancing was outside again. The crew was fun, flexible, and SO accommodating. I wish my wedding wasn't over so I could keep hanging with these guys! Matt, our DJ from Milwaukee Airwaves, was also the perfect addition to the team.

Sent on 06/27/2019

The Ivy House FAQ

• Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Garden
  • What event services do you offer? Bar Services, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Set Up, Wifi
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Chairs, Furniture, Lighting, Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available? Barware, Linens
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Valet
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March, April, November, December

• 906 South Barclay Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53204 See on map