906 South Barclay, Milwaukee, WI 53204 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2

About The Ivy House

The Ivy House is a modern style wedding ceremony and reception venue in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, that provides couples with a city-like feel for their special event.

Facilities and Capacity

The Ivy House can accommodate a maximum of 400 guests (with a minimum of 50) throughout their two event spaces that include covered outdoor, indoor, and uncovered outdoor areas. There’s a banquet hall/ballroom location, perfect for weddings with an industrial vibe, and the garden area offers couples a bit of serenity mixed into their day.

The Ivy House has ample parking and valet services available for you and your guests. Couples are welcome to request the space for bridal showers, ceremonies, elopements, engagement parties, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. Services include a bridal suite, in-house bar, liability insurance, lighting/sound, setup, and wireless internet. Event rentals are also available for a selection of items:

• Audio equipment
  • Barware
  • Chairs
  • Furniture
  • Lighting
  • Tables

Other Services

The in-house bar at The Ivy House has its liquor license. The bartenders are able to provide a champagne toast during your reception to celebrate the love you two share. Couples can choose between a cash or open bar that serves house beers, liquors, and wines; outside alcohol; premium liquor; signature drinks; and specialty wines.

Follow The Ivy House on

10 Reviews for The Ivy House

• Brittany

Brittany · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Amazing Venue & Amazing Staff

The Ivy House is an incredible venue to work with. As a wedding planner, it is always appreciated when a venue staff works WITH you to make our client's vision become a reality. Abby and team at Ivy House are second to none! I highly recommend!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 01/04/2020

simply the best

I can hardly put into words how amazing Ivy House helped make our wedding. So I guess I’ll have to break this down!

Let’s start with the space itself. Ivy House was the last venue we saw, and the minute that we walked in, my husband and I knew it was the ONE. There’s something special in the air there, for real. With the exposed brick, abundance of plants, beautiful wood, and massive bar, it’s truly a gorgeous atmosphere. We felt like we had walked into a dream. Add in that neon sign, and the insanely beautiful bridal suite, and we knew that we had to get married there.

Now...let’s talk about what really makes Ivy House incredible-the wildly amazing staff that work there.

Every step of the way from our first tour with Tyler up to our wedding day, we felt 100% listened to and taken care of with every detail. On our tour with Tyler, we had 1 million questions, and he had 1 million answers. Whatever requests we made were met with either a “We’ll make it happen or find a way to make sure you’re satisfied.” We were unable to hire a florist or event staff for a room flip and worried it would stop us from having our ceremony at Ivy House, but Tyler had about ten different solutions for us. He was available over email for every little question, and we knew we were in good hands right away.

Sarah was our main contact, and she was incredible with helping us plan and finalize every detail. She went above and beyond to make sure we felt comfortable and well taken care of. I am extremely Type A and thought I was organized--but I have NOTHING on Sarah Raver. Every detail I was concerned about, Sarah breezed through and problem solved. When the day came, I had literally zero nerves. Sarah checked in frequently, organized vendors, and made me feel like I could relax in the insanely beautiful bridal suite. I truly didn’t have to think about a thing. Sarah had the checklists, the timelines, the vendor contact information. I just had to sit back, drink champagne, and say I Do. Our night was perfect--in huge part because Sarah made sure we enjoyed every minute and didn’t have to lift a finger. She danced with us, chatted all night, and made us feel like all stars.

Gene was our DJ and again, I cannot say enough about him. Obviously, his playlist was amazing, but Gene was so much more than a DJ. He was there every minute with a drink refill for us, checking in to see if we needed anything, making sure we were happy with every detail, and keeping the night running right on schedule. Before the wedding, we sat down with Gene and talked about our must plays, our absolutely do not plays, any potential problems we saw coming up, exactly what we wanted the ceremony to look like, and what he could do to make our day perfect. Gene helped me pull off a surprise performance for my husband without a hitch, and everyone raved about how seamlessly he kept the night going. Again, we just got to sit back, sip the drinks that Gene handed us, and have a great time. We were dancing past midnight, and had a blast. Milwaukee Airwaves is #1, for real.

Mo was one of our bartenders, and he and the ENTIRE bartending staff absolutely KILLED IT. We received so many comments from our guests about how well organized, friendly, and fun all of the Ivy House staff were. The drinks, conversation, and good vibes never stopped flowing.

We spent a year of our lives planning our wedding with the staff at Ivy House, and by the time it was all over, we felt like we were part of a really small and really special family. Everyone was so excited for our wedding day, and knew so much about the day and about the two of us. Getting married is such a personal experience, and with Ivy House, the personal touches and concern never stop. Whenever we walked in for a planning meeting, we were greeted with hugs and glasses of wine and genuine excitement and interest in our planning process. They take the time to get to know all of their couples, and to make sure your wedding day is absolutely perfect. Thinking about our wedding planning process, I don’t think about the stress of planning, I think about the JOY in knowing how many people were ready to make my dreams come true and cheering me on the whole time.

Straight up, we absolutely could not have gotten married anywhere else. And I wish we could do it all again….maybe a vow renewal at Ivy House is in our future!

Sent on 04/17/2020

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

The Ivy House FAQ

• Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Banquet Hall
    Garden
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Bar Services
    Event Rentals
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Outside Alcohol
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Audio Equipment
    Chairs
    Furniture
    Lighting
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Valet
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    December

Real Weddings

• 906 South Barclay Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53204 See on map
    414-240-1387 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Ivy House)