The Ivy House Reviews

10 | Milwaukee, WI

10 Reviews for The Ivy House

• Lindsay

Lindsay Stayton Mannebach · Getting married on 10/03/2020

Stop, you have found your wedding venue!

I have coordinated and photographed weddings at the stunning Ivy House. Not only is their venue hard to beat for aesthetics, but the staff is bar none the best wedding and event staff in the city. They truly care about their couples, concerts and events that are held onsite. They truly are one of a kind in Milwaukee and they will not disappoint you.

Sent on 02/07/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/20/2020

Amazing Venue & Amazing Staff

The Ivy House is an incredible venue to work with. As a wedding planner, it is always appreciated when a venue staff works WITH you to make our client's vision become a reality. Abby and team at Ivy House are second to none! I highly recommend!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 01/04/2020

simply the best

I can hardly put into words how amazing Ivy House helped make our wedding. So I guess I’ll have to break this down!

Let’s start with the space itself. Ivy House was the last venue we saw, and the minute that we walked in, my husband and I knew it was the ONE. There’s something special in the air there, for real. With the exposed brick, abundance of plants, beautiful wood, and massive bar, it’s truly a gorgeous atmosphere. We felt like we had walked into a dream. Add in that neon sign, and the insanely beautiful bridal suite, and we knew that we had to get married there.

Now...let’s talk about what really makes Ivy House incredible-the wildly amazing staff that work there.

Every step of the way from our first tour with Tyler up to our wedding day, we felt 100% listened to and taken care of with every detail. On our tour with Tyler, we had 1 million questions, and he had 1 million answers. Whatever requests we made were met with either a “We’ll make it happen or find a way to make sure you’re satisfied.” We were unable to hire a florist or event staff for a room flip and worried it would stop us from having our ceremony at Ivy House, but Tyler had about ten different solutions for us. He was available over email for every little question, and we knew we were in good hands right away.

Sarah was our main contact, and she was incredible with helping us plan and finalize every detail. She went above and beyond to make sure we felt comfortable and well taken care of. I am extremely Type A and thought I was organized--but I have NOTHING on Sarah Raver. Every detail I was concerned about, Sarah breezed through and problem solved. When the day came, I had literally zero nerves. Sarah checked in frequently, organized vendors, and made me feel like I could relax in the insanely beautiful bridal suite. I truly didn’t have to think about a thing. Sarah had the checklists, the timelines, the vendor contact information. I just had to sit back, drink champagne, and say I Do. Our night was perfect--in huge part because Sarah made sure we enjoyed every minute and didn’t have to lift a finger. She danced with us, chatted all night, and made us feel like all stars.

Gene was our DJ and again, I cannot say enough about him. Obviously, his playlist was amazing, but Gene was so much more than a DJ. He was there every minute with a drink refill for us, checking in to see if we needed anything, making sure we were happy with every detail, and keeping the night running right on schedule. Before the wedding, we sat down with Gene and talked about our must plays, our absolutely do not plays, any potential problems we saw coming up, exactly what we wanted the ceremony to look like, and what he could do to make our day perfect. Gene helped me pull off a surprise performance for my husband without a hitch, and everyone raved about how seamlessly he kept the night going. Again, we just got to sit back, sip the drinks that Gene handed us, and have a great time. We were dancing past midnight, and had a blast. Milwaukee Airwaves is #1, for real.

Mo was one of our bartenders, and he and the ENTIRE bartending staff absolutely KILLED IT. We received so many comments from our guests about how well organized, friendly, and fun all of the Ivy House staff were. The drinks, conversation, and good vibes never stopped flowing.

We spent a year of our lives planning our wedding with the staff at Ivy House, and by the time it was all over, we felt like we were part of a really small and really special family. Everyone was so excited for our wedding day, and knew so much about the day and about the two of us. Getting married is such a personal experience, and with Ivy House, the personal touches and concern never stop. Whenever we walked in for a planning meeting, we were greeted with hugs and glasses of wine and genuine excitement and interest in our planning process. They take the time to get to know all of their couples, and to make sure your wedding day is absolutely perfect. Thinking about our wedding planning process, I don’t think about the stress of planning, I think about the JOY in knowing how many people were ready to make my dreams come true and cheering me on the whole time.

Straight up, we absolutely could not have gotten married anywhere else. And I wish we could do it all again….maybe a vow renewal at Ivy House is in our future!

Sent on 04/17/2020

Sandy French · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Venue

Your venue is the best!! The French/Joern wedding will be forever grateful for all you did to make the wedding a memorable success! The venue is beautiful with amazing detail. Your staff and your service was remarkable. We received so many positive comments about the Ivy House that even the rain couldn’t dampen the night! Thanks so much!! #journeydowntheaisle

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Schulz · Married on 09/11/2019

Our favorite vendor

Simply incredible. The #1 thing that differentiates the Ivy House from every other vendor we have is the staff - every single person is just wonderful to work with. They are incredibly responsive, accommodating, professional, adaptable, and efficient. The level of service is incredible. Throughout the night they came up to me and my husband making sure we were enjoying ourselves and if they could get us anything - Matt came up to me at least 3 times asking me if he could bring me a drink and I'm pretty sure I told him I loved him more times than I told my actual husband! Alexander brought us dessert and told us he never got to try the dessert at his own wedding because it was gone before he could get to it and he didn't want it to happen to us. The most amazing service though was when we had an unfortunate situation of an elderly guest passing out, and not only did they call an ambulance, but when my husband's grandfather accompanied the guest to the hospital, they gave him their phone number to call when he was ready to come back to the wedding, and when he called they went to the hospital and picked him up personally. If that's not the most incredible thing ever, I don't know what is. If you are lucky enough to snatch up a date for your wedding, you will not regret it. It is such a beautiful space, and we are so excited to go back for their public events in the future!

Sent on 01/16/2020
  • Mario

Mario C · Married on 08/10/2019

The Ivy - So great, my wife wants to renew our vows.

My daughter had her wedding ceremony and reception at the Ivy in Milwaukee on July 6, 2019. From the moment the space was booked through the sparkler send off finale, the staff was incredibly attentive and thoughtful.

The owner, Tyler, made sure that everything ran smoothly and ensured that all of our requests were fulfilled. While meticulous in planning for every contingency, he was equally reassuring and placed us all at ease. Tyler and his staff were always available, yet never in the way. He could have planned D-Day.

When the wedding day arrived, The venue was absolutely gorgeous, and the staff worked together to create a dream wedding. This was not just the opinion of a father footing the bill, but of that fathers very difficult to please and honest friends and family who all echoed the same sentiment, "maybe the most fun we have ever had at a wedding". One friend told me that with every wedding, no matter how great, there is something to complain about, a "it was great, but.....", comment, but that with this venue, this food, this music, not a complaint could come to mind.

The Ivy is in a fabulous location very near the hip 3rd Ward. It is in a renovated industrial truss built building, with reclaimed brick walls. The long bar has plenty of space for any number of bar tenders you could need and all the drunken guests you could anticipate. The outside court yard served as the ceremony space and pre-reception cocktail and appetizer area. People were having such a good time, that when the dinner bell rang, everybody pretended not to hear it.

I have an old school view on weddings, sit down, eight to a table, bread, salad, entree (chicken or beef), and desert. Never again. Weddings are parties, not dinner parties. Long tables in a retrofitted industrial building with modern food served via stations which require guests to get up, eat what and when they want , and most importantly, mingle and talk. The only way to go. The food was provided by Hospitality Democracy. The food was fantastic and abundant. Highly recommended. People ate, mingled drank, then ate, mingled and drank some more.

While the main room could accommodate a dance rave of any size, and was set to host our dance floor, the weather was so great, that the decision was made on the fly to move the dance action outside. This change of plans was made fluidly with little involvement or decision making from the happy couple or parents. Tyler handled it all. Milwaukee Airwaves provided the music. Guests danced until after midnight and would have kept going until dawn.

I would recommend The Ivy to anybody looking for a venue.

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Cirignani · Married on 07/06/2019

The dream team

We have officially been married for three months now and I’m still trying to find any excuse I can to go back to the Ivy house to relive our big day.

When we were looking for a venue the Ivy House hit all our requirements, romantic, trendy, rustic but in a modern way, we knew we had to get married there but then after meeting the Ivy House team, it was a no brainer. Tyler and his crew made the planning process and the day of absolutely perfect. They helped us make all of our crazy ideas come true to make the day a dream. They are extremely responsive, accommodating, helpful, creative, and ready for anything.

The bridal-suit made getting ready easy and comfortable. The outdoor space made for a beautiful ceremony, and a killer dance floor. The brick walls, greenery and chandelier make you feel warm and full of love.

We highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 10/06/2019
  • Audrey

Audrey · Married on 06/22/2019

I wish my wedding wasn't over so I could keep hanging with this team!

BEST VENUE EVER! I cannot express how much we love The Ivy House. Ramsey and Tyler are the PERFECT team to host your event. We got married at The Ivy House on 6/22/19 and it was the most incredible day. We were one of the first couples to sign a contract with them back in early 2018 when they had just begun construction, and I am so thankful we trusted their vision. Right from the beginning, we knew we wanted this team to be a part of our wedding day. I have nothing but positive things to say about this venue. It is beautiful, versatile, intimate, and SO much fun. Ramsey was in charge of our wedding day and he treated us like close, personal friends. My husband, family, and I felt well cared for - every single detail was covered. He was at the ready with coffee, champagne, or a hug. The bridal suite is the perfect place to get ready for the big day. Our ceremony was inside, cocktail hour was outside in Ferhweh, dinner was inside, and then dancing was outside again. The crew was fun, flexible, and SO accommodating. I wish my wedding wasn't over so I could keep hanging with these guys! Matt, our DJ from Milwaukee Airwaves, was also the perfect addition to the team.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Alex

Alex Krenke · Married on 05/25/2019

Dream Wedding at the Ivy House

We had our wedding at the Ivy House this past memorial weekend and it was absolutely perfect. We could not have picked a better venue. The space is absolutely beautiful when you are in attendance and stunning in photographs. Aside from aesthetics this is the best crew a bride and groom could ask for. From the first meeting with Tyler to the day of everything went exactly the way we wanted to. Nothing was ever a problem or out of the question. They were great to consult with, they listened, they had great ideas and they made our dream wedding come true. Also they hooked us up with the best DJ we could have asked for (Aaron Cleavland @ Milwaukee Airwaves - seriously he played every thing we wanted, plus hits and did all the right edits and managed the reception perfectly. Plus we really loved having coffee with him and getting to know him before the wedding).

It's difficult to summarize all of the great things about Tyler and the Ivy House without going on for 3 pages but as someone that is just wrapping up the wedding planning portion of my life I'll say this - there are a lot of unknowns, a lot of questions, a lot of pressure coming from every direction. Weddings are like the biggest party you've ever thrown and sometimes with the stress it's easy to forget that. Tyler never let us forget that. When I think of our perfect day we owe so much of it to The Ivy House. If you are getting married in Milwaukee or Wisconsin this place is definitely an absolute must to tour and meet the people behind the operation. 10/10 - would get married here again.

Sent on 06/11/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Goldwell · Married on 01/11/2019

The Perfect Venue

The Ivy House was the perfect venue for our wedding. 10/10 would get married there again! :) Abby, Gene, the bartenders and the whole Ivy House team were incredibly easy to work with. They were so patient, organized, thoughtful and detail oriented throughout the process. Truly pros at what they do.

Overall:
    We used the space for both our wedding ceremony and the reception and the space was a beautiful blank canvas that we were able to make our own. Our whole wedding party got ready together in the space above the venue. The space was great for this and made for the perfect way to spend time with one another before the ceremony and reception. We actually forgot to order coffee for the morning of and without a question Abby brought some for us.

Photos:
    It snowed the day before the wedding and it honestly made the space even more beautiful than it already is. We found lots of great nooks and spaces to take photos. We took some photos before the ceremony, some after and they all turned out great. The space itself has really nice natural light.

Music:
    Dancing was a blast. Gene was awesome to work with and we had so much fun dancing the night away with our friends and family. He took time to meet with us before the wedding and put our minds at ease about all the questions we had.

Food:
    We loved that we could choose whatever caterers we wanted to work with. The Ivy House has an amazing kitchen that made it easy for both our food and dessert partners to prepare things throughout the day.

Flowers:
    The space is so lush with greenery that incorporating flowers and decor was a breeze. We loved all the industrial textures in the space that made our colorful flowers and decor really stand out.

Our favorite things about The Ivy House: