Disc Jockey Dave

Arlington, VA View map

$1,500 Most Popular Price

Dave Galanie, or Disc Jockey Dave, is a 29 year old musician and DJ entertainer primarily serving the Washington DC Metro area for over 10 years. Having worked previously under multiple reputable DJ entertainment agencies, Dave has the experience of the best of the wedding business, at a fraction of the price!

• Do you want to ensure your guests never stop dancing at your wedding?
  • Do you want a DJ and MC that you can completely trust on your special day?
  • Would you like to work directly with the talent rather than an agent or third party?
  • Can't decide band or DJ, or just want advice either way?

You have come to the right place!

How is Disc Jockey Dave different?

1. Continuous consultations throughout the planning process via Zoom video chat or in person
  2. Can cater to ceremony and cocktail hour music needs (in addition to reception) with professional quality gear (JBL SRX Audio Mains and Subwoofers, SHURE Wireless Microphones, Allen & Heath 12 Channel Mixer, Pioneer DDJ controller, & more).
  3. Dave only will take up to 12 weddings per year to ensure he delivers a customized quality client experience
  4. Vast library (55K+ songs) of songs from many genres specializing in:
    • Today's Billboard Top 100
    • Timeless Wedding Hits (Michael Jackson, The Temptations, Earth, Wind, and Fire, Maroon 5, Bruno Mars, Justin Timberlake, KC and the Sunshine Band, etc).
    • Wedding Music (pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour) in addition to the reception
    • Able to add any additional songs at no cost to you!
  5. Able to play guest song requests on demand (EDM, Bollywood, Latin, HipHop, Funk, Jazz: you name it, I have it!)
  6. Dave has his own professional modern DJ lighting, including uplighting, DMX controlled moving heads, and a GOBO light (all customizable with your exact colors, wedding crest, etc).
  7. Ability to recommend additional wedding vendors delivering value in the Washington DC area

Inquire via email at david.galanie@gmail.com or via phone at (301) 904 0403.

• Devhan
    Devhan M. Married on 08/08/2020

Loved DJ Dave!!

DJ Dave was awesome! He stuck with us for over a year as we continued to navigate date changes with COVID, and helped us plan our timeline for our vow renewal (an atypical "wedding" day) so it flowed easier. When a bunch of my young friends left early, DJ Dave changed up the playlist to better accommodate our specific crowd and their music taste to make sure everyone was having fun! He was great!!
  • Julide
    Julide G. Married on 05/22/2020

Fantastic DJ that made for a special wedding day!

I stumbled across Dave's DJ skills when I was on a company sponsored party bus that turned into a dance party towards the evening- at the time I didn't know who was DJing but felt the song choices, transitions, and overall ability to read a crowd was spot on. I enjoyed this experience so much that I tracked him down and asked him to be the DJ for my wedding, which I hadn't even picked a date yet!

Fast forward 1+ year, Dave and I stayed in touch and despite my wedding needing to be postponed to Covid, he was so accommodating, understanding and flexible. This was just what I needed from a vendor given all the uncertainty and difficult decisions my fiance and I had to make.

We finally decided to move forward with a smaller version of the wedding, and of course still wanted a DJ. The months leading up Dave was very proactive, asking about my must play and do not play lists helping with suggestions on the flow of when things could happen- I really appreciated how he wasn't just looking at the day from a DJ perspective but was genuinely interested and committed to making sure the day went well.

Come wedding day, Dave did an absolutely fantastic job with the music at our wedding, and helped our vision come to life- I loved the way he mixed my playlist and his recommendations and easily incorporated requests from the guests- it was overall an excellent experience.

This may be TMI but at one point the police came due to a "noise complaint" (we held our wedding outdoors due to COVID) and I later learned how Dave personally handled the police explaining how the noise levels were in accordance with state regulations- the police ended up agreeing with him and let us continue with our event and the music. Again, something I am sure doesn't typically happen, but it goes to show how prepared and how much he took his job seriously- despite doing so in a completely different state!

I would strongly recommend Dave for your next big event- his professionalism, DJ skills, and obvious passion for creating successful, memorable experiences will leave you completely satisfied with your decision!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 09/24/2019
    Dave was awesome from start to finish. We had several calls with Dave before the wedding to go over our style and the details of what we were looking for. Dave provided us with great feedback and tips from prior weddings that he had worked. He incorporated all of the songs that we wanted to hear. The entire night was flawless. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Many of our guests have told us that it is the most fun they have had at a wedding. We would highly recommend Dave.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Real Weddings

• Jordan & Emily
    44 photos · 06/24/2017

1600 S Joyce St, Apt 1120 Arlington, 22202
3019040403
Location of (Disc Jockey Dave)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding