Sunnyvale, Sunnyvale, CA 94087 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Package Price $6,500
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 2

About Denise Lillie Engagements

Denise Lillie Engagements is an event planning and design company based in Northern California serving the Bay Area, San Francisco, Napa, Sonoma, Carmel, Tahoe and beyond. They specialize in the flawless execution of destination, fusion, and cultural weddings. Their team is deeply passionate about supporting their clients by highlighting the traditions that their families hold dear while adding their own personal and memorable elements to the celebration.

The team at Denise Lillie Engagements is highly experienced with a variety of different events including Indian weddings, Persian weddings, tea ceremonies, and multi-ceremony weddings. In addition to partial wedding planning, they are also available for full-service planning. They offer the following services:

• Budget analysis

Denise Lillie Engagements 1
  • Joypreet

Joypreet Kaur · Married on 12/30/2018

Unforgettable Sikh Punjabi Indian Wedding

A professional wedding coordinator is one of the best investments that a bride and groom can make for their wedding. I cannot begin to imagine how we could have celebrated our traditional Punjabi Sikh wedding events without Denise and the Royal Engagement team. Most Indian and Pakistani weddings are very complex, and consist of multiple events over a period of 4 to 8 days or longer sometimes, and for each event, there are decorators, photographers, videographers, musicians and/or DJs, food caterers, make up artists, hair stylists, drivers, florists, dress makers and tailors, and so on, and so on. Denise Lillie and the Royal Engagements team were a tremendous help to us in the final month of our wedding.
    My now-husband was reluctant to hire a wedding coordinator, and it took a lot of time to convince him, by which point, we were only about one month away from the start of the wedding. Even with such a limited timeframe, Denise was still willing and able to take over almost all aspects of the wedding planning, which was a huge relief to us. Denise and team Royal Engagements are very reliable and proactive. I was the bride, I am white / Caucasian, from an Irish-American Catholic family; the groom, my now-husband, is Punjabi Sikh, he and all his family from Northern India. Our wedding could be described as intercaste, or interracial, or intercultural, etc, although all of our events and rituals were of the Punjabi Sikh and Indian tradition, and our wedding ceremony was in the Sikh Gurdwara Sahib of San Jose, as I converted to that faith.
    I really wish that we had hired Denise sooner, but that was our mistake. If there had been more time, Denise and her team could have taken over literally every detail. It was not possible to take over everything in such a short amount of time because there were so, so, so many events and vendors, and so many to-do lists, papers, schedules, accommodations, cars, houses, apartments, shops, salons, online retailers, shipped packages, so many guests and family, and international arrivals both people and packages from India, Canada and Pakistan. My goal as the bride was to relax; I did not want to have to deal with planning, and especially last minute errands or lots of phone calls. I just wanted to enjoy my wedding and enjoy hosting our love ones and people we care about; also, I wanted to be pampered like a traditional Punjabi Sikh bride, and not stress about anything. This is where Denise was very sympathetic; she came and took all the burden away from the me, so that I could just relax and enjoy being the bride.
    Denise is very skilled at respectfully interacting with individuals of all types of personalities, cultures, religious faiths, races/ ethnicities, genders, ages, and moral attitudes. To put it lightly, not everyone accepts the concept of a wedding coordinator, especially in traditional Indian culture, where --at least in my experience -- it is expected that the bride's and groom's family members do everything. There were countless conflicting opinions and disagreements about how the wedding should be, and how the bride and groom should act, and so on. Sometimes, my now-husband, as well as some of our Punjabi Indian family members, even a few of our Punjabi friends, would challenge Denise or confront her (which they were never supposed to do); other times, some of our Punjabi Indian family members wanted to take charge of certain aspects of the wedding (like the ladies' henna, for example) and were very reluctant to work with a professional wedding coordinator. However, during such times, Denise was able to skillfully navigate through these difficult interpersonal situations, to reassure everyone with positive and helpful responses, and, all the while also, to focus on the vendors, itineraries and to-do items for the wedding events.
    Denise and the Royal Engagements team were able to prepare the South Hall for the pre-wedding ceremony breakfast and post-wedding ceremony lunch at the Sikh Gurdwara Sahib in San Jose. The South Hall is a multi-purpose room, sometimes used for children activities, other times used for education classes, still other times used as a cafeteria and reception room. For our wedding ceremony breakfast and lunch, which would occur there, we wanted the South Hall to be converted into a traditional Sikh Langar Hall. Specifically, we wanted white sheets covering the entire floor (it was a very large room of more than 4,000 square feet of space), and atop the white sheets would be long strips of carpet for the guests to sit and eat their meals. In the Sikh faith, the religious participation in "Langar" is always done with everyone sitting on the floor to eat the meal. The preparations for the South Hall included a major clean up and moving of lots of random furniture, then hanging an end-to-end curtain 50 feet wide and 16 feet tall to conceal all that random furniture and clutter. The morning of the wedding ceremony, Denise and her team were arriving at my apartment at 4:30 AM to get my hair and make up started, as well as my mom and sisters, with the hair and makeup team, and then they went driving to the Sikh Gurdwara Sahib around 5:30 AM to finish the preparations and make sure that the South Hall was ready for the decorators and caterers. Ultimately, Denise and the Royal Engagements team completed the transformation of the South Hall into a beautiful Langar Hall. Better still, is that Denise knew and had already worked with most of our vendors (caterer, photographer, decorator), and therefore the coordination of the wedding ceremony events at the Sikh Gurdwara Sahib went smoothly, as planned. Denise is an honest person, and she truly wants to be helpful to people. We definitely recommend Denise and Royal Engagements for Pakistani, Indian, Punjabi, Hindu wedding events including Sangeet, Mehendi / Mehandi, ceremony, and reception party.

Sent on 02/19/2019
    Denise Lillie Engagements 2

Brittney Dang · Married on 10/28/2018

The Royal Treatment!

We honestly couldn’t have pulled off our wedding without Denise! In the beginning, we had ideas but no direction. Denise managed to help us refine our ideas and really helped us create the #crazyrichasianwedding experience. Never once as a bride did I panic when I knew that Denise was around because she was so connected and had everything under control. She was always available to us whenever we had questions or rather questionable ideas (from my now husband). She respected our cultural traditions and did such a great job helping us really highlight them.

When it came to our wedding day, my husband and I really felt like we were royalty. As opposed to us having to handle vendors and directing guests, Denise and her team took charge of that task so we can actually eat the food at our wedding and enjoy ourselves.

It was truly a night that we will never forget and we can never thank her and her team enough for making our day so special! Everyone is STILL talking about the wedding and were even asking who our wedding planner was!!!

Sent on 12/15/2018

Denise Lillie Engagements's reply:

Oh my goodness! I loved working you and your families!!! I was truly an amazing #crazyrichasians EPIC experience... Love you guys!!!!

Denise Lillie Engagements FAQ

• What is the starting price for partial wedding planning? $ 6,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 15,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What is the hourly rate? $ 100.00
  • What weddings do you have experience planning? Civil, Cultural, Destination, Double Weddings, Elopement, Military, Non-Religious, Religious
  • How many planners are on your team? 5

• The Bartender Company
    The Bartender Company Wedding Caterers

It was an absolute pleasure working with Denise! She's very well organized, easy to connect with, and, overall, a wonderful person. We highly recommend her services, and look forward to our next event together!

• Ma Petite Maison Cake Design
    Ma Petite Maison Cake Design Wedding Cakes

We are so honored to work alongside Denise and her team. Her events are planned out perfectly and she makes sure that every detail is taken care of. She is at the top of our list!

• Berkeley City Club
    Berkeley City Club Historic Weddings

Denise with d.Royal Engagement is amazing! She is easy to work with and has a tons of great ideas. We have had the pleasure of working with her on multiple weddings and they all have been fantastic. We highly recommend contacting her if you are in need of a wedding coordinator/planner.

• Sunnyvale Sunnyvale, CA, 94087 See on map