Santa Monica, CA 90403 Map · Phone number

About David Michael Photography

Discovering photography at age 14 and professionally at 17, I never thought that photography would become my ultimate passion and career of choice. Now, with over 25 years of experience in the business, the things that I focus on are still very similar in its core as when I was a budding wedding and studio photographer at a young age. The nuances of how light frames a photo, capturing the raw and natural feelings of a moment, its spontaneity, joy, believability, and ultimately the stories of our photos. Because that’s what life’s all about - your timeless stories, free of trends and filled with enduring, authentic passion, warmth, and excitement. It always has been and forever will be my honor to tell your story, become part of your family, and capture the priceless, beautiful moments of your life events through photography.

Follow David Michael Photography on

987628940f8fc376 1432660733367 10361 127 x3

38 Reviews for David Michael Photography

• F

FLORENCIA · Married on 03/25/2017

We got married in March 2017 at Westlake Village Inn. David Frey was our photographer and we couldn't be any happier with his work, I 100% recommend him. He is professional, very friendly and makes the experience even more special. I normally don't like to pose for pictures, but he made it so easy and confortable that I ended up really enjoying the photo shoot from start to finish, we laughed all the time, he was great. He has very cool ideas and is always trying some new things to get one of a kind pictures. The results, AMAZING! great pictures that I'll cherish for ever. On top of that, we got the online versions 2 days after the wedding!! It was very special since we had family and friends still in town and got to relive the best day of our lives with them. Thank you David for making it possible!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Samantha · Married on 10/22/2016

There are not enough amazing things that I can possibly say about David and his team! We met David for our engagement shoot and I'm thrilled we did this before our wedding. We got to know David and he got to know us. He immediately made us feel at ease. The day was rainy, freezing and windy, but I wanted to proceed anyway, and the pictures came out nothing less than perfect. We were excited for David to be shooting our wedding. David has a way of taking the most amazing photos and you don't even realize that he's there. During family photos when you are standing and smiling for what seems like ever, he draws out natural smiles from everyone with his sense of humor and ease. After the wedding, there was so much we knew we didn't see, and upon seeing our wedding photos, David and his team captured everything about our wedding that we missed and his photos provided the perfect essence of how we felt the day was. During a minor bride "emergency", his was helpful and always calming. David is a wedding photographer extraordinaire. He got all of the photos that we wanted and so many we didn't even know we wanted. His team is professional and most of all, they are genuinely nice, easy to work with and always make everyone laugh all the while seeming to be behind the scenes capturing the day and night. Truly exceptional and the only photographer I would ever recommend!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Lance · Married on 10/15/2016

David Frey did an amazing job handling our engagement and wedding photos. He was prompt, experienced, organized and creative. His easy-going personality and quick sense of humor helped my wife relax and enjoy our special day. It is clear that he has a complete command of his craft. The photos came out great!

Sent on 12/22/2016

David Michael Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

• Unite Entertainment
    Unite Entertainment Wedding DJs

Ten years ago, while DJing a wedding in Santa Monica, I met Michael Brannigan from David Michael Photography. Since then, we've worked dozens of events together and I see why he's been so successful in his career. He's not only an incredible photographer, he's also an amazing person all around. His energy is infectious and he brings a lightness to every event while maintaining complete professionalism and readiness. I can't tell you how many times I'm ready to do a toast, introduction or some other type of formality and can't find the photographer. Both Michael and David are always ready to go and capture the magic of your event. They are true professionals! I absolutely love working with them both and am forever grateful that we've had the opportunity to create so many successful events together over the past decade.

• Santa Monica, 90403 See on map