David Martin Jr Photography

Los Angeles, CA View map Visit website
$3,699 Most Popular Price

$3,699 Most Popular Price

David Martin Jr Photography is a premier wedding photography and videography business located in Los Angeles, California. Owner David Martin and his wife Lina work closely with one another to bring you the most breathtaking pictures and videos of your special occasion. David and Lina think of themselves the same way they think about their clients: as a couple who found love and are building a life together. They know that everyone has their own love story and are always eager to hear about yours. This, they believe, lays the foundation of trust and connection that will help them take the best photos and video footage possible of you and your partner.

On the big day, David Martin Jr Photography will work seamlessly to capture your wedding in a cinematic, traditional, and candid style. While David snaps the pictures, Lina will be by your side executing elaborate lighting and guiding you through the poses. She cares about the little details, which will make a huge difference in your images. Above all else, David and Lina want their work to feel like they are telling your love story from beginning to end. Full-service packages include digital files, bespoke albums, heirloom boxes, customized mobile apps, and a number of prints, such as metal, wall, canvas, art, and blocks. Their expert videography services will also allow you to enjoy your day as a carefully crafted cinematic experience for many years to come. This bilingual team offers its services in both English and Spanish for your comfort and convenience.

• Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$2,499

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Proofs

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$3,699

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Digital Files
Proofs

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Film
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional
Vintage

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Slideshow
Trash The Dress
Video
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Canvas

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Dayz Married on 05/21/2022

100% recommended

They are honestly everything I expected and more. We are glad we hired them for our wedding. They go above and beyond, they are very passionate, dedicated and professional. I’ve recommended them to a couple of my friends that are recently engaged.

David Martin Jr Photography's reply:

Thank you Dayz we can’t wait for the wedding this year, we are going to get some amazing pictures!!!
    Judy S. Married on 11/18/2021

Cherished Memories

Absolutely loved our experience and our beautiful photos! My husband and I enjoyed working with David and Lina! They were both instrumental in making sure our vision came to life as we celebrated a very special milestone in our lives! Highly recommend David Martin Photography, make sure you book him in advance!

David Martin Jr Photography's reply:

Thank you Judy as we had SO MUCH FUN photographing in Downtown. We can't wait to see the acrylics hanging in your home!!!
  • Jenn
    Jenn B. Married on 10/28/2021

Phenomenal

If I could give more than 5 stars I would! I found David through a friend who’s wedding I was in, her photos turned out phenomenal. David went above and beyond with his customer service, driving to Orange County multiple times along with visiting my venue to plan out the wedding day. We also used him for our maternity shoot and everything he did came out more than amazing. David and Lina were both so sweet and attentive to details and I feel so overwhelmed with how stunning my photos are, I am so happy I will have these memories to look back on with my family for years to come! I cannot recommend David and his team enough!

David Martin Jr Photography's reply:

Jenn, your wedding was so much fun and thank you for trusting us with the biggest day of your life! Wishing you, Bryan and Maddy all of the best things in life and an awesome 2022! #BayArrrreeeaaaaaa
  • illustration stars

Team

Lina Martin
Lina Martin
Owner, Bilingual Studio Coordinator & Photo Assistant

Lina Is the part-owner of David Martin Jr Photography and David's wife. She speaks fluently in both English and Spanish and runs the day-to-day studio operations. She also helps David in the field, mainly as a bridal and portrait assistant, specializing in posing.

Here is a little more about Lina and her personal story in her own words:

As a little girl, I dreamed of being a professional dancer and started in classes at the age of 5 years old. I fell in love with its art form and always felt happiest and free-spirited when moving to dance. After my teenage years, that dream began to fade away especially after going to law school and earning a law degree from the University of Colombia. I quickly began working as a civil and labor lawyer but still, that little girl was always dancing inside of me.

In 2013, I moved to the United States from my hometown Monteria, Colombia, and began practicing English. I didn’t know any English before I came to California but after two years of studying aggressively, I began to speak the language fluently. My law degree from Colombia wasn’t valid here so it was either start that path again from scratch here or do something else. I eventually met David and saw his passion for what he had started, a photography company.

I didn’t know a lot about photography at the time but was drawn to it instantly. An area that I saw that David needed help with was posing his clients. I immediately picked up on posing pretty easily because in a way it was as if I was dancing. Like dancing, there are many ways to pose and I believe what separates good from great photography is excellent posing. I soon realized that with my and David’s art ability combined together, we could offer a great experience for people and couples that wanted it.

I also began to recognize that running a great photography company is so much more than “just taking pictures”. Anyone can pick up a camera and take a picture but not everyone or every company can offer a great experience from the front of the house to the back. Besides excellent posing, lighting, and photography skills I learned that we had to offer our clients guidance, sound information, great communication, necessary paperwork and so much more.

I love our photography business because I get the best of both worlds. I get to be an artist; posing and working with clients to make them feel and look their best and I get to manage the studio; making sure our clients are set up for success.

-Lina

David Martin Jr
David Martin Jr
Master Photographer

David is the part-owner, creative director, and master photographer at David Martin Jr Photography. He has photographed weddings in several states in the U.S.A. and other countries as well. His work has been featured on ABC7 News, The Coordinated Bride, Tacari modern wedding inspiration, The Knot, Shutter Magazine, Brides and Weddings, and more. He is well known for his cinematic style of imagery and unique artwork.

Here is a little more about David and his personal story in his own words:

Since the first day that I could remember, I was an artist at heart. I was obsessed with comic book covers, in awe of how the imagery and stories intertwined. During my late teens, I became an avid songwriter inspired to write great music. There was no better feeling than the feeling I’d get when writing a hit song. I was a part of many photoshoots as a music artist but soon became curious about what it would be like on the other side of the camera. I couldn’t stop my imagination from running wild with its endless photographic possibilities. Once I began exploring the fields of photography, I soon realized that I had the best of both worlds; one of a songwriter and the other of a comic artist. Through the lens of a camera, I discovered that I could tell stories through pictures and do it with the likes of big and dynamic imagery. Post-production became some kind of magic wand, bringing the photos to life with a fantasy or fairytale type of aspect.

Like writing a hit song, I get the same feeling when creating a breathtaking image. It’s one of the main reasons why I became a professional photographer. There’s nothing better to me than creating a piece of artwork out of people’s everyday life. We all have a story, and being able to tell that story in the most incredible way possible is what my photography is all about. Since I made Los Angeles my home some 12 years ago, I’ve been able to work with many walks of life, which I cherish deeply. I feel very lucky to have been able to take pictures of the tremendous families that I have connected with and I’m always looking forward to the next opportunity. Interacting with different cultures that are outside of my family heritage, through photography, is an experience that I know I can’t get anywhere else. An experience that some would give anything for. When I am able to tell the stories of my clients and do it in the way they have always dreamed of, it just brings back that feeling that I’m always in search of. In a world lost in digital files, I stay inspired to produce the kind of memories that you would want to hang on the walls in your home, set on your coffee table, place in your living room and dining areas for loved ones and friends to enjoy. The type of heirlooms that you would want to save and pass down to your family generations to come.

-David

550 N Figueroa st. Suite 4070 Los Angeles, CA, 90012
626-590-3817

Monday thru Friday - 10 am to 6:30 pm Saturday - 10 am to 2:00 pm Sunday - Closed
Location of (David Martin Jr Photography)

David Martin Jr Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does David Martin Jr Photography include in the starting price?

David Martin Jr Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Proofs

What photography services does David Martin Jr Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

David Martin Jr Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Digital Files
  • Proofs

What photography styles does David Martin Jr Photography offer?

David Martin Jr Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Contemporary
  • Film
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Traditional
  • Vintage

What photography services does David Martin Jr Photography offer?

David Martin Jr Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Slideshow
  • Trash The Dress
  • Video
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does David Martin Jr Photography offer for wedding events?

David Martin Jr Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Canvas
  • Digital Files
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Save the Date

What percentage of users recommend David Martin Jr Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

David Martin Jr Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does David Martin Jr Photography offer?

David Martin Jr Photography currently offers 1 special WeddingWire promotion for wedding services.

Other vendors in Los Angeles for your wedding