Thousand Oaks, CA 91360 Map · Phone number

About Dave Donovan Photography

I believe in working hard, really hard for you. And I believe in providing consistently amazing images every wedding I shoot (please take a look at my website or blog for my recent and consistent work).

My style for weddings combines contemporary photojournalism and portraits where I capture the story of your wedding day. The great thing about weddings is that everyone is happy (usually) and having a wonderful time together with family and friends. And I get to capture that emotion and love that you share with family and friends with creativity and passion. The father of photojournalism, Henri Cartier Bresson called these moments “decisive moments” that are fleeting, elusive and sometimes hidden. That’s what I love capturing while also capturing the essence of who you are on your wedding day.

I’m not about internet hype or photoshop manipulation to make my photographs look good. Yes, I do light retouching, but feel that most of today’s wedding images are over photoshopped. I also do posing for the formal photos, but I like to have fun and I’m not going to over pose you into someone that you aren’t.

So although this is the About Me section, it is really about you. It is about your love, your emotion, your essence, your decisive moments, your family and your friends. It’s about your story. And I love capturing it all for you.

So please take your time and enjoy my work. If you have any questions, please contact me anytime (here). I would love to hear more about your wedding plans.

Thanks,

583d90dd9d0dc998 1471543542279 donovanrenko2016 10160611
donovanrenko2016 9160603

24 Reviews for Dave Donovan Photography

Bianca · Married on 08/14/2016

Dave Donovan was simply the best wedding vendor we both interviewed or hired. I also really felt that Dave gave a personal touch to his services. He didn't treat us as a side business or just another client. He seemed genuinely concerned and wanted to make sure that we were enjoying our wedding and that our day was special and that we enjoyed it. Dave's services were extremely affordable and he was extremely flexible. He showed up on time and was extremely accommodating with a lot of our last minute changes. The photos came out amazing and better than I could have ever dreamed. My family was extremely happy that he included an online gallery of our wedding photos in our package, enabling us to easily share all of the photos with extended family. My family had not taken a complete family photo in over 10 years, so they were beyond thrilled that we could share this with them. Many of the photos on Dave's website are from recent weddings, so what you see is really what you get. Also, we found his blog to be very helpful as well. There were many things I had not considered such as a first look and a shot list that Dave brought up in his blog. I was also very impressed that he spent time answering all our many questions and making sure we really understood our contract and what we were getting. If you're reading this and looking for a wedding photographer, I would encourage you to look no farther and book with Dave. For those using wedding wire to find a photographer, Dave does travel and traveled out to Southern California for our wedding.

Sent on 10/20/2016

SIAM · Married on 07/30/2016

You can have the best camera/s in the world but just get DAVE! and you will be all set.
    By far one of the best people I have met in any business and his personality is even better!.
    Dave is so great and patient, he made us relaxed from the first meeting. Cannot say enough but he makes you feel great, extremely respectful and professional and pictures!, I should not say anything about, since they do the talking themselves. As they say a picture speaks a thousand words so Thanks a Million! Dave, as we have talked about you ever since and miss you my friend . Thank you for making such a special day so memorable for all of us. You are the BEST! in the west and the other 3 Cardinal directions as well. We wish everyone the best on their special day/s, so get DAVE! :)

Sent on 09/03/2016

Robin · Married on 07/30/2016

I cannot begin to express how happy we are to have chosen Dave Donovan as our wedding photographer!

Having worked for more than a decade with fashion photographers in Europe, I was determined to find the perfect photographer for our big day! After countless hours of viewing online portfolios, I had a very good feeling that Dave would meet our expectations... When we met him in person, we knew that he would! Not only did his talent strike us but he was engaged, friendly, flexible, and understanding from the very beginning of the process. He was promptly responsive to my emails and telephone calls and easily put things into perspective for me with his time line and questionnaire.

In the midst of chaos, extreme heat and overwhelming emotions of our wedding day, we were able to completely trust in Dave and his vision. He quickly adapted to our nontraditional ways and captured those special moments with ease and a keen eye. Not only was he incredibly professional and dependable but he was so friendly and inviting, that he was truly an anchor of positivity during a very stressful time. We will cherish our wedding images for a lifetime and can't recommend Dave enough... He's an absolutely wonderful person and a fantastic photographer as well!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Dave Donovan Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 899.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,299.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits

• Thousand Oaks, 91360 See on map