38 Fairway Terrace, Bayonne, NJ 07648 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About Crystal Percussion

Percussionist Crystal Vargas is no stranger to the stage. Whether she’s performing in the hottest clubs or playing for world-renowned artists, Crystal's showmanship has made her one of the most sought after percussionists in the industry.

As a four-year old, she was captivated by her father's (Glen Vargas) Salsa band. His keyboardist, Juan "Pops" Santos, gave her a partly broke güiro and it was then her musical journey began. By the age of 5, Crystal suddenly had the Salsa rhythm down on congas and by age 6 she became a featured performer on both Sabado Gigante and El Show de Medio Dia. Over the next 10 years, Crystal continued performing with her father and her own band, No Limit. After graduating from Marist High School (Bayonne, NJ) where she was a 3-sport athlete, Crystal enrolled at Rutgers University on scholarship to play softball.

During her senior year in 2005, a chance meeting with Robert Aaron (keyboardist/saxophonist) led to an impromptu performance with Grammy-Award artist, Wyclef Jean at a Rutgers concert! A mentorship was quickly born as Aaron chose Crystal to join his band backing artist, Kat Deluna.

Crystal has showcased her talents on shows such as “Live! With Regis And Kelly”, BET's Black Girls Rock Awards Show, and Rihanna's music video "What's My Name?". She has performed alongside Paul Simon, Bernie Williams, Gladys Knight, Jill Scott, and Sheila E., to name a few. This recognition led to endorsement deals with Toca Percussion and Gibraltar Hardware.

As an independent percussionist, Crystal currently performs alongside radio DJs from Hot 97, Power 105, and La Mega 97.9. While playing percussion is her first passion, Crystal's versatility in the entertainment industry has led her to MC'ing, DJ'ing, and musical production.

As a freelance percussionist, Crystal may perform with the DJ of YOUR CHOICE!

Website: crystalpercussion.com

Crystal Percussion 2
Crystal Percussion 3
Crystal Percussion 4

Melissa Lucciola · Married on 10/21/2018

The greatest of all time.

Crystal is absolutely AMAZING! Everyone was blown away by her. I fell in love, after seeing her at my sister in laws wedding. I’d definitely plan another one just to have her perform again !

• Mercedes

Mercedes · Married on 10/11/2018

Awesome! Amazing! The Sh*t! Bomb Diggity!

Where do I begin! Let’s just say that even before I met my now wife Frances, I already knew who I was booking for my wedding! I met Crystal playing men’s baseball in HS and let me tell you all, she hit a GRAND SLAM at my wedding! My guest we looking forward to my wedding not to see me and wife get married but to see Crystal play her heart out and that’s exactly what she did! Her talent is unbelievable and not to mention her energy! We are forever grateful to her for making our wedding in the eyes of our guest and ours the BEST WEDDING they have attended! She makes me want to get married all over again! Love you girl! She’s definitely my go to for any parties here on out!

Larisa · Married on 09/23/2018

I don't even know where to begin about how happy I am that we had Crystal play at our wedding. I've been a drummer now most of my life so being able to play on my wedding day was a dream for me and finding the insanely talented Crystal Vargas to help make that a reality was just amazing. She helped MC the night and did an outstanding job and added that extra flare to our dance floor with her percussion skills. I cannot recommend her enough!

Crystal Percussion FAQ

• Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acoustic, Big Band, Blues, Caribbean, Classic Rock, Country, Dance, Folk, Funk, Gospel, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Latin, Motown, Oldies, Pop, Punk Rock, R&B / Soul, Reggae, Rock, Swing
  • What music services do you provide? Liability Insurance

• MPW Media Group
    MPW Media Group Wedding Photographers

one of the best in the east coast area

• LJDJS Event Design and Entertainment
    LJDJS Event Design and Entertainment Wedding DJs

In an industry that craves originality, ingenuity, and excitement; you cannot go wrong with Crystal Vargas providing the hottest beats of the night. She's excellent to work with, and an incredible addition to any event.

• DUPLICATE
    DUPLICATE Wedding DJs

Working with Crystal is a great experience, she brings the live band feeling to any event. Great energy, great personality and awesome percussionist.

• 38 Fairway Terrace Bayonne, New Jersey, NJ 07648 See on map
    2019215630 (Phone number)
    407-427-8638 (Other Phone Number)