Brooklyn, NY 11216 Map · Phone number

About Chi-Chi Ari

I've always been the hopeful romantic. Even as a little girl growing up in Nigeria, my grandmother called me Lovina. I guess it's really just always been a part of who I am.

I believe in love, it's the greatest gift of this world.
I believe that every love story is special and unique in it's own way. With that said, my theory is that there is no right or wrong when it comes to weddings. I have a special place in my heart for intimate & non-traditional weddings. Couples that choose to do celebrate their love in their own particular way.

My style is art photo-journalistic. I seek to capture the unique mood of each wedding I shoot. I take a lot of candid shots and detail that capture emotion & special moments; and a selection of lightly posed portraits. The goal is for each couple to have images that bring them right back the real feelings experienced during the wedding, even years after the day.

I shoot to create art.
I shoot to tell a true story.
I shoot to connect.

I absolutely love what I do, and the hopeful romantic in me stays inspired by the couples I work with.

*Based in Brooklyn, NY with family in the DC area (so I still call it home) and available for travel.

weddings twotwenty by chi chi agbim 9
brooklyn bride twotwenty by chi chi agbim 1 copy
brooklyn bride twotwenty by chi chi agbim 2 copy
rustic farm wedding by chi chi agbim 1
studio wedding twotwenty by chi chi agbim 1
madrigal wedding twotwenty by chi chi agbim 11
Chi-Chi Ari
brookmill farm fall wedding twotwenty by chi chi
dress 11
Chi-Chi Ari
viosin madrigal wedding brooklyn twotwenty b
makho carl hlazo wedding 449 copy
lg wedding 2
intimate wedding flowers by chi chi agbim 1
Chi-Chi Ari
liberty warehouse brooklyn wedding by chi chi agbi
madrigal wedding twotwenty by chi chi agbim 4
new jersey country club wedding by chi chi agbim 1
rustic farm wedding new jersey twotwenty by ch
rustic farm wedding new jersey twotwenty by ch
Chi-Chi Ari
sadatu kareem glenview mansion wedding twotwen
tosin wedding 1

Chi-Chi Ari 6
Chi-Chi Ari 7

Karen Young · Married on 10/28/2018

ChiChi works magic

ChiChi worked magic at our wedding. We got our photos much quicker than expected and were awestruck at the moments she captured. There is something to be said for a photographer who was barely noticeable during the event, but yet was somehow everywhere at once. ChiChi says she's a "lover of love", and it was clear when we saw the photos that she has a unique & special way of looking through her lens.

• O

Oyinkansola Akintan · Married on 10/13/2018

A Dream Come True

I would like to start by saying: I am FLOORED by Chi Chi's work! When my now husband and I were were planning our wedding we kept a few themes in mind: intimacy, ethereal vibes, authenticity, and timelessness. We wanted this to be evident in every aspect from the venue we chose (a historic Mediterranean family-home in East Hampton), the time of year we wanted (Fall), the materials we were wearing, decor style chosen, to the family-style dinner serving of the reception. So when we got to the critical discussion of WHO was going to actually capture all of it, we embarked on what felt-like a never ending journey searching for a photographer that would allow us to look back at our wedding as a dream - that floating on a cloud, think and smile at it, get your heart racing again type of photos. My cousin knew we had reached a road block on this search and introduced me to Chi Chi by sharing her website with me; I remember clicking on the link and feeling tears come to my eyes as I journeyed through her portfolio of work, ooh-ing and aah-in each step of the way. From video chats and to cafe interviews to get to know us as a couple, her smooth sailing payment process, responsiveness and guidance in preparation for the day, Chi Chi is that kind of photographer you only pray for. She was timely on our wedding day, prepared above and beyond, and her calm and amicable nature really helped keep the nerves down throughout our day. She also never stopped working - despite some chaos on our wedding day due to weather issues, she was focused throughout, almost unnoticeable, melting into our crowd of guests and capturing all of our best memories, and was also quick in turning around our digital album delivery!!!!!! If you were looking for a photographer for your next event, look nowhere else.

Courtney · Married on 08/04/2018

Chi-Chi did a spectacular job with our wedding photos, they truly have exceeded our expectations and we've only seen a handful! Chi-Chi came at the recommendation of a college friend but it was the first time that we FaceTimed with her that we knew she would be the perfect person to capture our day. She genuinely loves love and portrays it so beautifully in print.

She took the time to find the right light and angles for the perfect shot but made sure that while taking the photos it was fun and organic. She followed the day and let it play out and also accommodated so many of the typical "must-have" photos Her eye is unmatched, we can't wait to get the rest of the photos from our day!

If you're looking for a photographer, know Chi-Chi comes highly recommended and without question, I'll continue to recommend her to any bride!

Chi-Chi Ari FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints

• Brooklyn, 11216 See on map